dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52187 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Audit finds bloated budget for green jobs training despite lack of open positions
August 03, 2013
A federal audit shows that nearly a half-billion dollars in government funds was spent on training workers for so-called “green jobs.” The only problem is that not enough positions in the growing industry exist.
The findings -- released in a June report by the Government Accountability Office -- showed that only 55 percent of those trained were able to place in a new job, many of which were not technically green jobs. The $501 million in funding came from the 2009 stimulus law. The report also uncovered that the Department of Labor created a framework that led grantees to broadly interpret the program’s definition to include any job “that could be linked, directly or indirectly, to a beneficial outcome” which led to the gap between training programs and available green industry jobs.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/03/au... #
added bonus

author of the article.
for what it is worth

http://www.authorizedstatement.org/people/mic...

"Darren M Meade attempted to extort me in October 2011, his success in persuading Perry Chiaramonte to print fiction as fact is a testament to his criminal abilities to follow through with the threats when I did not pay the monies demanded of me.

Immediately after the defamatory article was published, Perry Chiaramonte was caught in an electronic sting operation communicating with Det. John B. Richter (Star No. 20768), of the Chicago Police Dept. Richter is the brother of Tracey, my ex-wife who is serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for Murder in the First Degree.(Details in video)"

why does Fox hire such people?
then again Fox often reports fiction as fact.
I Had A Dream

West Mifflin, PA

#52188 Aug 25, 2013
March on Washington: The day that changed history
Readers share their experiences at the March on Washington 50 years ago

FREEdom! FREEdom! FREEdom!

On a humid August day 50 years ago, they all felt a tug to go.

Whether because of disgust over the police treatment of peaceful demonstrators in the South or a sense of moral obligation or civic duty, many left small children with relatives and boarded buses or crammed in cars to head to Washington, D.C., for what would become one of the most important gatherings in history. They didn't know if they'd face violence or arrests on the Washington Mall, but they had to be there. All say the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom touched their lives in a special way and in some cases influenced their careers or actions in years to come.

On Aug. 28, 1963, I marched on Washington responding to Dr. King's call for support of the civil rights movement. I was a 35-year-old minister of the United Church of Christ in East Hartford, Conn., and had met Dr. King the previous spring at a clergy gathering in Hartford.

I knew I had to go to Washington. I found my way to the Washington Monument and fell in line for the march. It was a very warm late summer day as I walked arm-in-arm with a rabbi and a Catholic nun. About halfway along the mall, near the reflecting pool, I heard my name being called from behind. Looking back I saw my cousin John from Ithaca, N.Y., bounding toward me. We embraced enthusiastically.

I asked him what moved him to come. "I had seen enough dogs attacking people and police shooting water cannons in Alabama," he replied.

We stopped for lunch by the reflecting pool. Sharing my "brown bag" with John, we sat on the grass listening to Dr. King's speech from the Lincoln Memorial steps. I saw Dr. King again at the Montgomery airport in Alabama some weeks later.

Our group from Hartford were en route to Selma, Ala., over 100 of us. Dr. King greeted us and thanked us for coming as he left for a speaking engagement.
B Clinton

West Mifflin, PA

#52191 Aug 25, 2013
Obama has never had lower numbers than Bush...LOL

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

President Bush will leave office as one of the most unpopular departing presidents in history, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll showing Mr. Bush's final approval rating at 22 percent.

Seventy-three percent say they disapprove of the way Mr. Bush has handled his job as president over the last eight years.

Mr. Bush's final approval rating is the lowest final rating for an outgoing president since Gallup began asking about presidential approval more than 70 years ago.

take a peek here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500160_162-472839...

your turn........LMAO!
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52192 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
DoD Training Manual:‘Extremist’ Founding Fathers ‘Would Not Be Welcome In Today’s Military’
August 24, 2013
Manual lists people concerned with “individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place” as potential extremists
Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch recently obtained a Department of Defense training manual which lists people who embrace “individual liberties” and honor “states’ rights,” among other characteristics, as potential “extremists” who are likely to be members of “hate groups.”
Marked “for training purposes only,” the documents, obtained Thursday through a Freedom of Information Act request submitted in April, include PowerPoint slides and lesson plans, among which is a January 2013 Air Force “student guide” distributed by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute simply entitled “Extremism.”...
“Nowadays,” the manual explains,“instead of dressing in sheets or publicly espousing hate messages, many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.”
http://www.infowars.com/dod-training-manual-s...
"Though he remained skeptical of some of the most extreme ideas being bandied around, he liked talking to people there about the United Nations, the federal government and possible threats to American liberty."

" He began to sell ATF hats riddled with bullet holes and a flare gun, which, he said, could shoot down an "ATF helicopter."

he " was wearing a T-shirt at that time with a picture of Abraham Lincoln and the motto: sic semper tyrannis ('Thus always to tyrants'), the state motto of Virginia and also the words shouted by John Wilkes Booth after he shot Lincoln.[54] On the back, it had a tree with a picture of three blood droplets and the Thomas Jefferson quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"On April 19, 1995, McVeigh drove the truck to the front of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building just as its offices opened for the day. Before arriving, he stopped to light a two minute fuse. At 09:02, a large explosion destroyed the north half of the building. The explosion killed 168 people, including 19 children in the day care center on the second floor, and injured 450 others"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52193 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Sunday, August 25, 2013
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-four percent (54%) disapprove (see trends).
The latest figures include 23% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 40% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -17.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Report...

"A Fordham University study by Dr. Costas Panagopoulos compared pre-election polling with the results from election day. The study ranked Rasmussen Reports 24th out of 28 polls in accuracy, one slot above Gallup.[51]
An analysis by Nate Silver on FiveThirtyEight, ranked Rasmussen 20th out of 23 pollsters for accuracy in the 2012 elections with an average error of 4.2 points.[52]
After the election, James Rainey of the Los Angeles Times wrote that "Some conservative media outlets used the Rasmussen polling to prop up a narrative in the final days of the campaign that Romney had momentum and a good chance of winning the White House."

and from

"Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. To reach those who have abandoned traditional landline telephones, Rasmussen Reports uses an online survey tool to interview randomly selected participants from a demographically diverse panel."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

"Scott Rasmussen no longer works for the polling company that he founded, Rasmussen Reports said in a statement on Thursday. No longer content with putting out polls that critics like Nate Silver have analyzed as consistently right-leaning, Scott Rasmussen will move into Republican punditry at his new Rasmussen Media Group. That means that the man whose polls were once used to support conservative punditry will now do the punditry himself."

"Rasmussen has long claimed to be an independent. But he wrote a book on self-governance, popular among conservatives, and was a guest on a cruise sponsored by The National Review. In 2010, Jonathan Chait called Rasmussen "a right-wing celebrity" in The New Republic. FiveThirtyEight blogger and statistics star Nate Silver found Rasmussen's polls erred in favor of Republicans both in 2010 and in the presidential election of 2012"

"Rasmussen's polls were sometimes valuable to conservative pundits, who could point to them as hard evidence that a bit of conventional wisdom favoring liberals was wrong — that, for example, despite most polls to the contrary, Romney was really winning."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/...

so a republican leaning polling site(over several years)
claims to have the pulse of the people by an online survey and landlines with 500 responses.
Snuffy

Lehighton, PA

#52197 Aug 25, 2013
When Bammy leaves the office he has disgraced, we will all be able to say, "Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last." LOL
Michelle O

West Mifflin, PA

#52198 Aug 25, 2013
Snuffy wrote:
When Bammy leaves the office he has disgraced, we will all be able to say, "Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last." LOL
When Bush left office he had a 22% approval rating !!!!!
The worst in the 70 years when they starting tracking approval ratings.
When you get that low might as well crawl under a rock ! LMAO!
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52199 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Obama's Approval Rating 'Summer Swoon' Strikes Again
08/19/2013
“President Barack Obama's job approval rating has shown a pattern of decline over the course of the summer months during his presidency. From June through August, his approval rating shows a noticeable dip each month, resulting in an average approval rating below 46% in August, the worst he has averaged in any month of the year..."
Obama's predecessors in the Oval Office, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, did not suffer the same month-to-month drop in approval rating through the summer months that Obama has.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/19/huff...
and as usual you forgot.

"One possibility is the president is a bit less active in the summer months with Congress out of session for most of August and around the summer holidays. And presidents typically go on vacation themselves during the summer. Also, Americans may pay less attention to the news and what the president is doing during the summer and may be somewhat more reluctant to say they approve without that information."

"In fact, for both Bush and Clinton, their lowest approval averages by month were for June, July, and August."

so tis the season not the person.

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#52200 Aug 25, 2013
Hey sniffy, when president Obama leaves office it won't be on tea bag terms, huh racial hating mini dumb ass? President Mrs Clinton is next. She will make tea bags very angry again, but at least Mrs Clinton vis white, dumb ass
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52201 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Obama in August: 47% Approve, 50% Disapprove
8/21/2013
Our new Zogby Analytics poll is out and President Barack Obama’s approval ratings are unchanged from the our poll in July . But while the national sample of 937 likely voters shows the same 47% rating, the President’s disapproval rating is now at 50%(3 points worse than last month).
Still, a paltry 33% say that the country is headed in the right direction and the President’s problem is that he only captures the support of 46% of these “right track” voters.
Mr. Obama’s approval is down a few points among Democrats (82%) and down substantially among liberals (74%), Hispanics (65%), and young people (51%). He is now below 50% among both men (48%) and women (46%). His numbers on election day of last year were much better among these groups and others. For example, among African Americans the President’s approval rating is 83%— but he won with 91% support.
The President actually did well last November among independent voters, but today he is garnering only 34% of their support.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogby/2013/08...
and again as usual you miss.

"If this is a “bottoming out” phenomenon , he is not in such bad shape. As I have said numerous times, 47% is nowhere near where very unpopular presidents have been"

"Mr. Obama’s 54% approval is solid. And he remains strong among the formerly conservative voters who are NASCAR fans (55%) and Weekly Wal-Mart Shoppers (51%). He also gets majority support from the Creative Class (52%).

" I think that this Fighting Obama is the one we will see after Labor Day. And that Obama is the one who wins."
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52202 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
SWAT Cop Says American Neighborhoods Are 'Battlefields,' Claims Cops Face Same Dangers As Soldiers In Afghanistan
and as usual you missed.

"I'm not opposed to SWAT teams. When used properly -- to defuse an already violent situation, where lives are at risk -- they perform marvelously. I am opposed to using them to raid organic farms in response to nuisance violations, or to storm animal shelters to kill baby deer. Or, more to the point, to serve search warrants on people suspected of consensual drug crimes, the reason for the vast majority of the 100+ SWAT raids conducted each day in America."

so talk to the SWAT team commanders.
and the police chief.

then you have

"Here's Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn, explaining how he will instruct his officers to ignore the state's gun laws:

“My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it.”

so lets see.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...

"Inside the white minivan, a 16-year-old boy named Joseph Kane remained in the passenger seat, while his father, Jerry, age 45, stood in front of the police SUV and argued with the officers. There was a tussle, and Jerry Kane pushed Officer Evans into a roadside ditch. The boy quickly emerged from the minivan with a loaded AK-47 and aimed at Evans. The officer put one hand on his pistol, and held the other up to the boy as if to signal "Stop." The boy shot Evans several times and turned his attention to Paudert, who took cover behind the police vehicle.

A package delivery man, exiting the highway at Marker 275, stopped his truck to witness the horrific scene. He called 911, and the alert went out: "Officer down!"

While Paudert was able to fire his pistol seven times, he was outgunned and the police vehicle offered little protection from Joe Kane's assault rifle. The boy chased Paudert around the police SUV, shooting him several times in the back of the head before returning to Evans in the ditch. There, he fired again. The Kanes then rushed to the minivan and pulled away, while Joe continued to shoot at the downed officers.

Another alert went out: "Two officers down!"

According to a preliminary investigation report, Brandon Paudert was struck 11 times and died at the scene; Evans was hit by 14 rounds and died at the hospital."

so if those two fallen officers had seen a gun and
"we’ll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it.”

they would have went home to their families rather than the morgue.

and

"But based on the available evidence, a reasonable estimate of hard-core sovereign believers today would be 100,000, with another 200,000 just starting out by testing sovereign techniques for resisting everything from speeding tickets to drug charges, for a total of 300,000."

now will all of the 100,000 hard core go to their guns?
probably not.
so a cop car with an assault rifle might not be overkill.
B Clinton

West Mifflin, PA

#52204 Aug 25, 2013
the republicans voted to fund the NSA, including Paul Ryan ( past VP running mate ) and John Boehner ( former speaker of the house ).........why didnt the republicans stick together and vote down the funding for the NSA?
Tea bags are caving in to the power of obama !
LMAO!
total vote 217-205 to fund the NSA..........why didnt the tea baggers stcik together???? HAAAAA!!!!!
Obama rules !
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52205 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
NSA abuses contradict Obama and congressional claims of oversight
August 16, 2013
Since the public learned in June about sweeping National Security Agency programs, government officials from President Obama on down have insisted the nation's surveillance programs are subject to layers of oversight.
"I am comfortable that the program currently is not being abused," Mr. Obama said in a press conference last week, when he announced new efforts at increasing transparency. "Part of the reason they're not abused is because these checks are in place."
However, the latest revelation that the NSA violated privacy rules thousands of times, as documented in an internal report -- an internal report withheld from at least one leader in Congress responsible for oversight -- proves the president and several others in Washington were wrong. The NSA broke privacy rules more than 2,700 times within just one year, according to a May 2012 internal NSA report that was leaked to the Washington Post, along with other secret documents.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57598928/...
partly better.

"documented in an internal report -- an internal report withheld from at least one leader in Congress responsible for oversight"

and probably withheld from anyone outside of the NSA.

but as usual you missed.

"That said, he added, "Congress has not been given enough flak" for failing at its oversight duties.

"The congressional intelligence committees have not provided the oversight they were originally intended to," he said, suggesting that the House and Senate Judiciary Committees launch an investigation or that an independent committee like the 9/11 Commission investigate surveillance activities."

""The FISC is forced to rely upon the accuracy of the information that is provided to the Court," U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton, chief of the FISC, said in a written statement to the Post."

and

"In January 2008, the NSA appeared to have mistakenly collected data on numerous phone calls from the Washington area code 202, thinking they were foreign phone calls from Egypt, whose country code is 20"

so Congress can fix the mess.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52208 Aug 25, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Local governments cutting hours over Obamacare costs
August 22
Many cash-strapped cities and counties facing the prospect of shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars in new health-care costs under the Affordable Care Act are opting instead to reduce the number of hours their part-time employees work.
The decisions to cut employee hours come 16 months before employers — including state and local governments — will be required to offer health-care coverage to employees who work at least 30 hours a week. Some local officials said the cuts are happening now either because of labor contracts that must be negotiated in advance, or because the local governments worry that employees who work at least 30 hours in the months leading up to the January 2015 implementation date would need to be included in their health-care plans.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/w...
and as usual you missed.

"Other supporters of the law suggested the cuts could actually cost counties and cities more money than if they simply paid for part-time workers’ health-care costs.
“There are some costs of doing business where it really does cost you more money to have multiple people on the job,” said Gary Burtless, a senior fellow of economic studies at the Brookings Institution."

"“I don’t think this is going to be a big direct-cost burden for counties and municipalities,” Burtless added."

and

http://www.kristv.com/news/part-timers-in-bee...

"They could try to hire more part-time workers and achieve the coverage they need that way, though it's hard to attract people to a 24 hour a week job with no benefits.

"And while some of their drivers are retirees and don't rely on the income, there are some that do. And those drivers might head for greener pastures.

Anna Simo is the Executive Director for the agency.

"There's a lot of competition right now with the oil and gas industry, and they're paying better wages than we are. You know, and now we're cutting the hours," she says.

Another possibility would be to make a small number of workers full time with benefits, but then you have less drivers to work with total."
Squirrel Head

West Mifflin, PA

#52210 Aug 26, 2013
Teabagger Donald Trump and Mitt Romney backer says Obama is swindling millions and putting the USA into debt..........

but..........

New York A.G. Sues Donald Trump Over 'Unlicensed' University

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is suing Donald Trump's for-profit investment school, "Trump University," which the lawsuit claims operated as an unlicensed educational institution for about six years and was essentially an "elaborate bait-and-switch" operation.
The New York Times reports:
"In a statement, Eric T. Schneiderman, the attorney general, said Mr. Trump appeared in advertisements for the school making "false promises" to persuade more than 5,000 people around the country — including 600 New Yorkers — "to spend tens of thousands of dollars they couldn't afford for lessons they never got."

"The advertisements claimed, for instance, that Mr. Trump had handpicked instructors to teach students "a systematic method for investing in real estate." But according to the lawsuit, Mr. Trump had not chosen even a single instructor at the school and had not created the curriculums for any of its courses....

"The inquiry into Trump University came to light in May 2011 after dozens of people had complained to the authorities in New York, Texas, Florida and Illinois about the institution, which attracted prospective students with the promise of a free 90-minute seminar about real estate investing that, according to the lawsuit,'served as a sales pitch for a three-day seminar costing $1,495.' This three-day seminar was itself 'an upsell,' the lawsuit said, for increasingly costly 'Trump Elite' packages that included so-called personal mentorship programs at $35,000 a course

A switch and bait scheme swindeled millions of people taking Trump's course of how to make millions......Trumped made millions off these people and the people went broke !!

That damn Obama wasnt born in this country says Trump ......

take a peek here:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/08/2...
Squirrel Head

West Mifflin, PA

#52211 Aug 26, 2013
(Reuters)- The New York state attorney general filed a $40 million lawsuit on Saturday against the teabagger Trump and Mitt Romney supporter, Donald Trump's for-profit investment school, Trump University, accusing it of engaging in illegal business practices, according to the New York Times.

The newspaper reported that New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman alleged that the real estate mogul, his Trump Organization company and others made false claims about classes at the school, including that Trump handpicked instructors.

Representatives for the New York attorney general's office and Trump were not available for comment late on Saturday.

But Trump said in a post on Twitter, "Light weight NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is trying to extort me with a civil law suit."

The New York attorney general's lawsuit seeks restitution of at least $40 million, the Times said, and it alleges that Trump University was run as an unlicensed educational institution from 2005 to 2011 and that Trump did not create the curriculum for any of the school's courses.

"Obama is ruining the country"- Donald Trump October 3,2012

" I know how to make wealth" - Donald Trump, Jan 23, 2001

but..........Trump filed for bankruptcy 4 times

First things first: Donald Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy four times, in 1991, 1992, 2004 and 2009. All of these bankruptcies were connected to over-leveraged casino and hotel properties in Atlantic City, all of which are now operated under the banner of Trump Entertainment Resorts. He has never filed for personal bankruptcy — an important distinction when considering his ability to emerge relatively unscathed, at least financially.

"I can teach people how to make wealth "!!---I'll show you how!

LMAO!@
S Hannity

West Mifflin, PA

#52217 Aug 26, 2013
OH MAN ! 3 MORE YEARS OF BASHING LOL!
HILLARY WAITING IN THE WINGS! THEN ANOTHER MORE YEARS OF MOANING !! LMAO!
TEA BAGS WILL BE ALL SOGGY BY THEN.........
BUT FOX NEWS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO YAP ABOUT !!
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52218 Aug 26, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Obama struggles to project U.S. influence into global crises
August 25, 2013
Nearly five years into his presidency, Barack Obama confronts a world far different from what he envisioned when he took office. U.S. influence is declining in the Middle East as violence and instability rock Arab countries. An ambitious attempt to reset U.S. relations with Russia failed. Even in Obama-friendly Europe, there's deep skepticism about Washington's surveillance programs.
In some cases, the climate has been driven by factors outside the White House's control. But missteps by the president also are to blame, say foreign policy analysts, including some who worked for the administration.
Among them: miscalculating the fallout from the Arab Spring uprisings, publicly setting unrealistic expectations for improved ties with Russia and a reactive decision-making process that can leave the White House appearing to veer from crisis to crisis without a broader strategy.
http://triblive.com/usworld/world/4592363-74/...
and you missed.

"Few foreign policy experts predicted the Arab uprisings, and it's unlikely the United States could have — or should have — done anything to prevent the protests."

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_South_Osset...

" On August 5, a Russian spokesman said Russia would defend Russian citizens in South Ossetia if they were attacked.[53]
During the night of 7 to 8 August 2008, Georgia launched a large-scale military offensive against South Ossetia, in an attempt to reclaim the territory.[54] Georgia claimed that it was responding to attacks on its peacekeepers and villages in South Ossetia, and that Russia was moving non-peacekeeping units into the country. The Georgian attack caused casualties among Russian peacekeepers, who resisted the assault along with Ossetian militia."

"An independent report, commissioned by the Council of the European Union stated that the war was started by the Georgian attack "that was not justified by international law". The report said the commission found no evidence for Georgia's claims of being invaded by Russia prior to launching an attack on South Ossetia"

and the US

"U.S. president George W. Bush's statement to Russia was: "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century."

so the hard line by Putin gee wonder why he has that chip on his shoulder.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52219 Aug 26, 2013
Pharisaical Liar wrote:
Obama hides Obamacare subsidies for foreign students, guest workers
President Barack Obama told Americans Friday that federal aid is reserved for citizens, even though his deputies have drafted complex regulations to give taxpayer-funded Obamacare subsidies to foreign students and to millions of guest workers.
He made the misleading claim during a televised roundtable at the second stop of his two-day, two-state tour promoting more aid to students.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/23/obama-hides...
"But the Obamacare system will provide valuable health-care subsidies to many student-workers and foreign guest workers hired for jobs in America."

you missed "hired for jobs".
allowing business to skirt the law by only hiring foreign students would be the result of not providing healthcare.
or only hiring guest workers.

why does the right wing value guest workers over American citizens?
dbar

Perkasie, PA

#52220 Aug 26, 2013
831 billion wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabagger Donald Trump and Mitt Romney backer says Obama is swindling millions and putting the USA into debt..........
In February, the Congressional Budget Office published its latest report on the "estimated impact" of the stimulus.
Although it had originally estimated the stimulus would cost $787 billion, CBO now says it will cost $831 billion.
In the second quarter of 2012, CBO estimates, somewhere between 200,000 to 1.2 million people have jobs they otherwise would not have were it not for the stimulus.
Assuming, optimistically, that the number is 1.2 million, that means each of those jobs cost taxpayers $692,500.
As time goes on, the maximum number of jobs sustained by Obama's stimulus will decline rapidly.
By the first quarter of 2013, it will sustain between 100,000 and 600,000 jobs, says CBO.
If it is 600,000, each of those jobs will have cost taxpayers $1,385,000.
By the fourth quarter of 2013, the maximum number of jobs it sustains will be 400,000 — at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.
It is true that Obama entered office in the midst of a deep recession.
But, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, that recession ended in June 2009, over four years ago.
and you are using false logic to claim for example that a stimulus payment of ten million dollars to rebuild a road by ten men,means that the individual workers got one million dollars each.
you forget the value of the rebuilding of the road.

a road that needed to be worked on.

but while your at it.
the stimulus contained tax cuts for businesses.
if it is such a expensive failure the right wing should be clamoring for the removal of the tax cuts as they did not work.

so which is it a failure or a success?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr justhefacts 4,018
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 23 hr R Nixon 186
Apartment Hunting Sep 2 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17

Loretto Jobs

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]