wipe out

West Mifflin, PA

#51847 Aug 14, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Limbaugh: Outrage over rodeo clown same as Muslim reaction to Muhammad toon
Rush Limbaugh weighed in on the recent uproar over a Mo. rodeo clown wearing a President Obama mask during a bull-riding event, saying that it’s “no different than those countries reacting freakishly when there were cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad,” Mediaite.com first reported.
“It is as though President Obama is a messiah or is a god,” he said,“and this little thing that happened at the Missouri State Fair is a defamation, a denunciation, almost a religious sacrilege that took place.”
“This is no different than what happened in all those countries that had the cartoons of the prophet and militant Muslims had a cow over it, went nuts,” he continued.“We have a president who’s above criticism, above being mocked, above being laughed at? We have not just a president, we have an entire Democrat political party and the American left which thinks that they are so damn special that they cannot be mocked, they cannot be made fun of.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...
We have not just a president, we have an entire Democrat political party and the American left which thinks that they are so damn special that they cannot be mocked, they cannot be made fun of.”

But Obama wiped his ass with McCain and Romney......LMAO!

Hillary will do the same with the next dumbass Republican....LOL!
irrelevant event

Scranton, PA

#51848 Aug 14, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
'Obama' rodeo stunt leads to sensitivity training for clowns
This week, the Missouri State Fair Commission ordered that officials and contractors hired by the state's rodeo association -- which would include cowboys and clowns -- complete sensitivity training before they are allowed to perform at the state fair again.
the clown, identified by rodeo officials as Tuffy Gessling, received a lifetime ban from performing again at the fair, which receives taxpayer funding.
Gessling was plenty sorry too, according to a post to his Facebook page captured by a local journalist: "I am sorry, I never ment to offend anyone I ment no disrespect to anyone for the joke or jokes I may have said at the rodeo, once agian i never ment to offend or hurt anyone's feelings." (The post was later deleted or made private.)
The aftershocks rippled beyond Gessling, as an attorney for the rodeo association's president, Mark Ficken, said Ficken resigned from the association because it wouldn't ban Gessling from its ranks; the Kansas City Star reported that Ficken, who is also superintendent of the Boonville School District, is being investigated by the school for any possible wrongdoing in the rodeo event.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
----------
Lots of people took the incident very seriously.
Do dismiss critics of the event as irrelevant or a joke reveals more about the poster from Chicago than those he was criticizing.

By JOSEPHINE HEARN

| 1/22/07 1:01 PM EDT

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year:

If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans.

He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in the Memphis district.

"It's their caucus and they do things their way.

You don't force your way in.

You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African-American."

Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer....

It's time to move on,"

the younger Clay said.

"It's an unwritten rule.

It's understood.

It's clear."

Whites Not Allowed
irrelevant event

Scranton, PA

#51849 Aug 14, 2013
wipe out wrote:
<quoted text>
We have not just a president, we have an entire Democrat political party and the American left which thinks that they are so damn special that they cannot be mocked, they cannot be made fun of.”

and you got what for all that?

LOL!
TEABAGS 4 DANNY

Louisville, KY

#51850 Aug 15, 2013
Well since you so petty I will be too.

Since when is 17 trillion the same as 16 trillion. I believe we hit the 16 trillion mark during the DNC convention last year. I also think the debt is on pace to reach 22 trillion by 2014. Must be Bush's fault for everything the last 5 years. LOL !

BTW your glorious dems voted for war !
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
"not a scholar" indeed.
Since when is an increase from 10 to 16 "triple"?
Ronald Reagan actually did triple the national debt.
George W. Bush doubled the national debt.
And both did it during good economic times.
The current debt growth is related to two wars we didn't pay for, the Bush tax cuts, and the Bush Recession.
You don't have to be a scholar, but at least get some education on the basic facts.
TEABAGS 4 BOBBY

Louisville, KY

#51851 Aug 15, 2013
Oh, I'm sorry. Seems I forgot to feel sorry, have lower expectations and lower standards for the poor black guy in charge the last 5 years. LOL !

You are a proven racist dumb azz.
bobby6464 wrote:
Hey racial hating tea bag, your Reagan had close to a ten percent unemployment rate going into his second term, so your Reagan decided to double the federal gas tax in order to put people back to work through government spending. When a white guy is President its alright to double the federal gas tax, huh tea bag? Your a proven dumb ass
TEABAGS 4 HILLARY

Louisville, KY

#51852 Aug 15, 2013
By the time 2014 rolls around Hillary be laid out to pasture. She wont have the stamina to take on a grueling campaign.
wipe out wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#51855 Aug 15, 2013
TEABAGS 4 DANNY wrote:
Well since you so petty I will be too.
Since when is 17 trillion the same as 16 trillion. I believe we hit the 16 trillion mark during the DNC convention last year. I also think the debt is on pace to reach 22 trillion by 2014. Must be Bush's fault for everything the last 5 years. LOL !
BTW your glorious dems voted for war !<quoted text>
Okay genius, I'll try again - since when is going from $10.63 trillion to $16.74 trillion TRIPLING?

What you posted was a lie. I corrected you. It's not petty to point out when someone posts blatantly false information.

And I thought conservatives were big on taking responsibility. Yet you and the rest of the right continues to blame President Obama for things Bush did.

Why can't you take responsibly for the things that your policies caused? Why do you insist on shifting blame to Obama for them?

Why can't you just be HONEST? Don't your party's stated principles mean ANYTHING?

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

#51856 Aug 15, 2013
The racial hating tea bag from Louisville, Kentucky is a sure dumb ass now running from his Reagan gods accomplishments. Anything Reagan can do president Obama can do, even if that angers any racist. Say bye bye to senator Mitchell McCon artist.
Sigmund

Lehighton, PA

#51857 Aug 15, 2013
Roger the Man wrote to Danny the Boy:
Lets see, you're not gay and you're not black but you go out of your way to defend the blacks and gays, and on occasion you lose it when someone condemns a black racist or gays who want to force Christians to accept their lifestyle. Interesting...I KNOW, your kid is a black gay. LMFAO

Hmmmmmm. LOL

Portland, Oregon

#51858 Aug 15, 2013
This wah wah wah from the racial hating tea bags is awesome. They lost the presidential election. All they can do is more wah wah wah. These dumb asses

Location hidden

#51859 Aug 15, 2013
Sigmund wrote:
Roger the Man wrote to Danny the Boy:
Lets see, you're not gay and you're not black but you go out of your way to defend the blacks and gays, and on occasion you lose it when someone condemns a black racist or gays who want to force Christians to accept their lifestyle. Interesting...I KNOW, your kid is a black gay. LMFAO
Hmmmmmm. LOL
You're correct - Roger is mentally ill.

Portland, Oregon

#51864 Aug 15, 2013
Is that your ignorance again racial hating tea bag stand for nothing tax that ass taxi? Ahhhhhhhhh you a awesome dumb ass. You keep that Limbaugh juice flowing. Your fellow brethren are always demanding more first class ignorance, you bring all that

Portland, Oregon

#51869 Aug 15, 2013
Tax that ass taxi, president Obama still has higher American approval then you racial hating tea bag clubs fighting for Hitler, and losing. You heavy on the Limbaugh juice, but too dam ignorant to know it. Your going to overdose before the next election.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#51870 Aug 15, 2013
Global warming deniers are crackpots. It isn't a debate among scientists. It's A debate between tea baggers and imaginary people. Carbon dioxide heats the planet. Humans produce 200 billion tons of atmospheric CO2 a year, over 100 times what is produced naturally. So what's to deny, that CO2 isn't a greenhouse gas or that humans don't produce it? Both are completely ignorant stances. Par for the course for the dumb tea baggers though...

Location hidden

#51871 Aug 15, 2013
Bush did it wrote:
<quoted text>
Short version:
1977 - Democratic President Jimmy Carter Passes "Community Reinvestment Act," or CRA, designed to encourage banks to reach out to low income communities by offering loans to minorities and the poor.
1995 - Democratic President Bill Clinton revises CRA by making banks meet a quota for a certain number of low-income loans.
He also increases punishment for banks that don’t loan enough money to low-income borrowers.
This forces banks to write lots of loans that they would not otherwise have written, because the government is forcing them to.
1999 - Democratic President Bill Clinton signs and endorses the "Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act," or GLBA, designed to make banks profitable in good economic times, as well as poor economic times.
The bill allows consumer banks (think checking accounts, savings accounts, etc..) to merge with insurance companies and investment companies, so they all can make money.
BUT for a bank to qualify to be a part of the program, you had to have a high CRA score, meaning that you had to have a lot of loans written to low income people.
The government was effectively telling banks that if they wanted to be allowed to make money off of the investments of the rich, that they had to also be lending money to the poor.
Nice in theory, but look where it has gotten us.
Now we are a nation with a bunch of people losing homes they never could afford, and a bunch of banks collapsing because nobody can pay them back!
Thanks Democrats!
Why can't you just be HONEST?
Don't your party's stated principles mean ANYTHING?
More blame-shifting from the wingnuts. The CRA did not cause the housing crisis. That favorite rightwing strawman has been thoroughly debunked.

Try again.

Location hidden

#51872 Aug 15, 2013
Fannie, Freddie, and the CRA are Not Responsible for the Financial Crisis

The second explanation, one pushed by free market advocates, is that government involvement in housing markets to encourage home ownership caused the financial market problems. In this story of the crisis, the Community Reinvestment Act, Fannie and Freddie, Democrats promoting home ownership, and the middle and low income households that received home loans they couldn't afford are cast as the villains. Had government stepped out of the way and pursued laissez-faire policies, the crisis would not have happened.

However, the evidence does not support the second explanation. First, with respect to the CRA, the main culprits in the crisis were private sector financial institutions that were not subject to the requirements of the CRA. In the story being pushed by free market advocates, the CRA forced banks to make loans to unqualified, low-income households. When those loans blew up, it caused the financial crisis. But the largest players in the subprime market were private sector firms that were not subject to the CRA's rules and regulations. For example, "Only one of the top 25 subprime lenders in 2006 was directly subject to the housing law that's being lambasted by conservative critics." The largest losses had nothing to do with banks covered by the CRA.

Second, even if the banks themselves were subject to the CRA, not all loans that they made were covered by these rules. Even in banks where the CRA applied, most of the problems were in loans that did not fall under the CRA's jurisdiction.

Third, the CRA has been in existence since 1977. If the CRA was responsible, why didn't the crisis occur sooner? The timing simply doesn't match up.

Fourth, the CRA only applies to domestic firms, but the crisis occurred in many countries. If the CRA is the problem, why did countries that had nothing like the CRA experience similar problems?

Fifth, even if this story had any validity, both parties promoted an "ownership society," so blaming Democrats alone is about politics, not reality.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-397415...

Location hidden

#51873 Aug 15, 2013
Did Affordable Housing Legislation Contribute to the
Subprime Securities Boom?

Revised August 2012
FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF ST. LOUIS

Abstract
No. In this paper we use a regression discontinuity approach to investigate whether
aff ordable housing policies infuenced origination or aff ected prices of subprime mort-
gages.

We use merged loan-level data on non-prime securitized mortgages with individual-
and neighborhood-level data for California and Florida.

We found no evidence that
lenders increased subprime originations or altered pricing around the discrete eligibil-
ity cutoff s for the Government Sponsored Enterprises'(GSEs) aff ordable housing goals
or the Community Reinvestment Act. Although the GSEs may have played a role in
the crisis, our results indicate that it was not due to their a ffordable housing mandates.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/wp/2012/2012-0...

Location hidden

#51874 Aug 15, 2013
CRA Did Not Cause the Foreclosure Crisis

The claim that the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) led to the foreclosure crisis is a falsehood that persists despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary and repeated attempts to correct the misperception.

Here are some facts about CRA that show clearly it did not cause the current crisis.
Summary

There is clear evidence that CRA covered only a small fraction of mortgage lending, including risky subprime lending and mortgage-backed securities, in the years leading up to the foreclosure crisis. Further, CRA loans are less likely to default than loans by less-regulated lenders.

The lesson from this evidence is that sustainable homeownership depends on the quality of the loan product. CRA promoted safe and sound lending to low-income borrowers, but the law failed to keep pace with changes in mortgage lending, such as the rise of the secondary market and independent mortgage companies. Less-scrupulous lenders were able to exploit the uneven playing field during the housing boom. Preventing another crisis requires policies that promote constructive lending and are universally applied.

- See more at: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search...

Location hidden

#51875 Aug 15, 2013
Blaming the CRA for the financial crisis caused by Republican de-regulation of the financial markets is just another classic example of the right shifting blame to Democrats for a crisis caused by their disastrous policies.

And I thought conservatives were big on taking responsibility. Yet you and the rest of the right continues to blame President Obama for things Bush did.

Why can't you take responsibly for the things that your policies caused? Why do you insist on shifting blame to Obama for them?

Why can't you just be HONEST? Don't your party's stated principles mean ANYTHING?

Portland, Oregon

#51876 Aug 15, 2013
I have always said racial hating tea bags should uphold their forum civic duty and vote. This is all they have, ha ha ha ahhhhh dumb asses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Apartment Hunting Sep 2 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
Loretto Dating
Find my Match

Loretto Jobs

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto