Since: May 12

Location hidden

#50399 Jun 26, 2013
The Market Is Behind Coal's Decline

The EPA's new carbon pollution standards can't be blamed for the demise of coal -- but they will make our air healthier for all Americans.
Republicans love to tout market forces as the solution to all problems -- until the market starts voting against their pet industries. It is the market, not the government, that is causing the decline of coal.
When it comes to developing power plants, it's become clear to most business people that coal is simply a bad investment. Not only is coal-fired power a dirty and antiquated fuel, but other sources of energy have become significantly less expensive.

http://energy.nationaljournal.com/2012/04/wha...

Location hidden

#50400 Jun 26, 2013
Markets Favor Alternatives to Coal

A Closer Look at Key Drivers
Following are some of the key drivers influencing the direction of the U.S. power sector:

1. Natural gas prices are low. Monthly average prices for natural gas delivered to electric generators are approaching a 10-year low, which is largely attributable to the rapidly expanding supply of shale gas.

2. Coal prices have increased significantly.... rising U.S. coal prices have also been attributed to declining productivity at U.S. coal mines, which dropped by more than 20%, on average, between 2000 and 2010.

3. Growth in electricity demand has slowed. In the past couple of years, growth in U.S. electricity consumption has declined in part because of the economic recession, but also as a result of technology advancements, along with programs designed to promote energy efficiency and demand side management.

4. Renewables are becoming more affordable and their market share is on the rise.
With compliance deadlines still three or more years away – as is the case of the Mercury Air Toxics Standard (MATS)– and other market forces already contributing to declining U.S. coal use, available evidence does not support claims that new regulations are to blame for the retirement of America’s aging coal fleet.

http://energy.nationaljournal.com/2012/04/wha...

Location hidden

#50401 Jun 26, 2013
U.S. Coal Decline Driven By Free Market, Despite Industry Opposition To Obama

Despite Murray's protestations, the decline of the coal industry is being driven by the free market. U.S. natural gas production rose 16 percent from November 2008 to November 2012, creating a cheap supply that has made gas-generated electricity more competitive than that from coal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/us-c...

Location hidden

#50402 Jun 26, 2013
Dave Rogers wrote:
Marcellus gas is not the aggressor you dumb fuk it's your can't do no wrong black president.
"can't do no wrong"? Double negative makes a positive, dumbass. So guess what? You're ACCIDENTALLY right (the only way you're EVER right) LMAO!

Guess what else, you racist POS? YOUR President is black too.

So GFY and the racist horse you rode in on, racist.

Location hidden

#50404 Jun 26, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Toomey: Obama climate change plan full of 'bad ideas'
U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey joined the chorus of Republicans pouring cold water on President Barack Obama's climate change speech Tuesday.
Toomey, a Lehigh Valley Republican, said Obama's proposal was old, costly, and damaging to the nation's fragile economic recovery.
“The president’s remarks today were a rehash of the same old bad ideas we have heard for four and a half years,” Toomey said in a release.
“From making coal-fired electricity prohibitively expensive; to forcing taxpayers to subsidize inefficient energy; to burning more corn in gas tanks, the president continues to advocate policies that raise prices for consumers and destroy jobs throughout the economy,” he added.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/20...
WHAT?!! ANOTHER Republican who doesn't like one of the President's ideas? And who disagrees with addressing climate change?

No WAY!! That's UNHEARD of!!

LOL!

If this is all you have, then you really don't have anything at all.
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#50406 Jun 26, 2013
Since when has tea bags taken any poll from a liberal source as the holy Grail?
John B

West Mifflin, PA

#50407 Jun 26, 2013
Mitch McConnell Is Either Very Bad at Math or Horribly Disingenuous

The Senate minority leader took to task on Friday. Unfortunately, he had his facts wrong on virtually every count.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#50408 Jun 26, 2013
You expect HONESTY from Mitch MconArtist? Liberals never make that mistake, Never

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

#50409 Jun 26, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
"can't do no wrong"? Double negative makes a positive, dumbass. So guess what? You're ACCIDENTALLY right (the only way you're EVER right) LMAO!
Guess what else, you racist POS? YOUR President is black too.
So GFY and the racist horse you rode in on, racist.

I see you're back with the racist comments. Every time without fail when you're faced with facts that you cannot dispute or I rip you a new asshole you resort to calling me a racist. Now you're calling a horse racist. LOL Everyone is a racist in your eyes Danny Boy. Your kid can make all the racist comments she wants to and that's good in your eyes isn't it Danny Boy? LOL

Of course my President is black, at least in your eyes. Because that's all you want see, is his black skin and this makes you the racist POS that you are, dummy. And you should be ashamed to teach your daughter this garbage. You want your daughter to be proud of her black skin yet hide her white side. You and your kind keep racism alive!

What you fail to see is Obama is as much white as he is black but you don't dare mention his white side do you. There is no advantage do doing that is there dummy? The way you see Obama, the black man, is not the way I see him, so when I refer to your president from now on, hopefully you will understand. Do you comprehend, dummy?

I love it when I get under your skin and you wiggle around like a worm, and every time you lash out at me with your stupid immature racist comments I really do LMAO.

Seattle, WA

#50410 Jun 26, 2013
U.S. Coal Decline Driven By Free Market, Despite Industry Opposition To Obama
Despite Murray's protestations, the decline of the coal industry is being driven by the free market. U.S. natural gas production rose 16 percent from November 2008 to November 2012, creating a cheap supply that has made gas-generated electricity more competitive than that from coal.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/us-c...
Huffington Post.....LOL....enough said.

Seattle, WA

#50411 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
WHAT?!! ANOTHER Republican who doesn't like one of the President's ideas? And who disagrees with addressing climate change?
No WAY!! That's UNHEARD of!!
LOL!
If this is all you have, then you really don't have anything at all.
Your post once again shows you have nothing. LMAO at the dummy.

Seattle, WA

#50412 Jun 26, 2013
bobby6464 wrote:
Since when has tea bags taken any poll from a liberal source as the holy Grail?
Your daddy just got done using the Huffington Post as a fair and balanced news source. You better inform him that you disagree. Are you able to do this? Can you understand what I'm saying here? Go outside the basement and get some sunlight. No I'm not talking about dish washing detergent sweetie.

Seattle, WA

#50413 Jun 26, 2013
John B wrote:
Mitch McConnell Is Either Very Bad at Math or Horribly Disingenuous
The Senate minority leader took to task on Friday. Unfortunately, he had his facts wrong on virtually every count.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Disingenuous? This is definitely a copy and paste, you can spell a big word like disingenuous Muffins.

Seattle, WA

#50414 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Who could have ever imagined - hyper-partisan one-term Tommy doesn't like something the President said. Why, that's NEVER happened before!
LMAO!
If you're trying to prove the Republicans mindlessly disapprove of everything the President says or does and criticize anything he says or does - mission accomplished!
No debate here just more of Dannys BOO HOO HOO I CAN'T COME UP WITH ANY INTELLIGENT RESPONSE SO I HAVE TO RESORT TO POSTING DUMMY COMMENTS.

Seattle, WA

#50415 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
"shitz"? "azz"? Are you seriously so stupid that you can't correctly spell three and four letter words?
And you talk about the decline of coal like it's a BAD thing. LOL! Guess what dipshit - coal is killing our planet. You might not give a shit about the planet you leave our children and grandchildren, but the rest of us decent, patriotic Americans do.
So pull your head out of your azz because it's causing you to be a shitz for brainz.
Moron.
Okay desperate one. When I spell those three letter words I get a warning message and 9 times out of ten my post is removed. Wow, I just taught you something this and this late at night.

There's a time and place for everything my dummy. The way Obama has pushed for a cleaner and safer planet is an idiots way. His way the consumer and business owners suffered and continue to suffer. Surely you're not that stupid to not recognize all the green businesses etc. have failed and at a great cost to America and our children and our children's children. His green policies should of been slowly eased into the market place. Not by signing more and more regulations on coal and oil businesses to get the cost so high that ethanol, solar panels and windmills can then compete. One word dummy....STUPID!

So follow your own advise and pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass. LOL

Location hidden

#50417 Jun 27, 2013
Oh look - Dave the Racist Drunk had anther middle-of-the night tantrum. I must have struck a nerve. LMAO!

Why don't you try getting a job instead of staying up all all night drinking and posting asinine shit on Topix, racist?

Location hidden

#50419 Jun 27, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Passion fades for President Obama among Democrats
Obama’s favorability stands at 53 percent, compared to 44 percent of Americans who view him unfavorably. While 85 percent of Democrats regard Obama favorably, the number of those who are strongly supportive of him has dropped since the start of the year. Just 58 percent of Democrats describe themselves as having a “strongly favorable” view of Obama, down from 72 percent who said the same in January.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
WHAT? He ONLY has 85% approval! That's HORRIBLE!!!

LMAO!

You mean to tell me that you think that 85% of Democrats who regard Obama favorably is a BAD thing? 85% positive is BAD in your mind?

Tell me - where was your man Bush at this point in his second term? Was he still above 40% approval? LMAO!

Location hidden

#50421 Jun 27, 2013
The BHO Legacy wrote:
Critics accuse Keystone foe of hypocrisy over oil investment history
President Obama's pronouncement Tuesday that the Keystone XL pipeline would only be approved if it produced no net change in greenhouse gas emissions was no surprise to Tom Steyer.
A few days earlier, the billionaire hedge fund manager -- and big Obama donor -- had warned the president not to "trade" action on greenhouse gases for approval of Keystone XL...
But critics have accused Steyer of hypocrisy.
Twenty-seven years ago, he founded Farallon Capital, which built much of its wealth on shrewd investments in fossil fuels. Farallon made millions for its investors, and left Steyer with a net worth estimated by Forbes at $1.4 billion.
One of Farallon's biggest holdings is in U.S. pipeline company Kinder Morgan, which has plans to expand a major competitor to Keystone -- the TransMountain pipeline. It carries tar sands oil from Edmonton to British Columbia's west coast for export to Asia. If Kinder Morgan gets approval for the expansion, TransMountain would carry 900,000 barrels of tar sands oil every day.
That's more than Keystone XL.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/27/cr...
Oh my God! Are you seriously telling me that there is a super-rich businessman who may be publicly criticizing another business for personal financial reasons?

Outrageous! I didn't think that kind of thing EVER happens!

LMAO! Is this really the best you can do? An Obama donor might not be acting out of pure motives?

And that says what about the Presidents? Anything? Anything at all?

LMAO! Keep trying. Maybe someday you'll actually find something legitimate to criticize the President for.
America deserves to fail

Lehighton, PA

#50422 Jun 27, 2013
Interesting. LOL
bobby6464

Portland, OR

#50423 Jun 27, 2013
Tea bags are desperate to make president Obama look bad in the eyes of the voters that put the president in the white house, and it's not working. The tea bags are desperate, nothing more and nothing less and i am loving it. They can vote him out in 2016. America will be proud to piss off the racial hating tea bags again by putting Mrs. Clinton in the white house. The best options tea bags got is closet gay boy perry any nothing any better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 2 hr LouSirFur 184
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Sep 19 Just Saying 3,999
Apartment Hunting Sep 2 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
•••
•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Loretto People Search