Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#47769 Mar 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is your solution?
Stop breathing?
That's not the source of the problem.

But if you think it would help, why don't you give it a try? LOL!
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#47770 Mar 3, 2013
Hey Dan the man, what's the matter? Can't back your statement up on the "Audience urges board to stop indifference" thread.

I'm waiting for the Bible verse about wasting a seed.
First you said no where in the Bible does it state homosexuality is wrong. I present you with Leviticus 20:13. You know, where God told Moses it's an abomination for a man to lie with another man. The only response you had was wasting a seed. Okay, lets see it. Can you back your statement up or this another Dan the man distortion?

Get ready for DTM spinning and lying. I have caught him so many times lying and the doofus still denies it. He will try to change the subject and act like thw innocent one. Here's the thing.....everyone knows how you operate. So you go right ahead and try to squirm out of this one...this ought to be another good laugh provided by the topix clown.

Did you folks know that DTM thinks he knows more then God?

Chambersburg, PA

#47771 Mar 3, 2013
jmdammit wrote:
<quoted text>No,Fact is the highest form.The earth is round and rotates around the sun.A proven FACT.Manmade global warming is a theory.And it's still not Jack Wagner's fault.Of course,this is just a theoy.If enough people research it and form a consensus,it just might be Jack's fault.
I already tried to educate you on this. Read it again. This time pay special attention to the difference between a fact and a theory.

----------

Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work

Science uses specialized terms that have different meanings than everyday usage. These definitions correspond to the way scientists typically use these terms in the context of their work. Note, especially, that the meaning of “theory” in science is different than the meaning of “theory” in everyday conversation.

- Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

- Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.

- Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

- Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.

----------

Also, I have no idea what your Jack Wagner gibberish means.
jmdammit

Greensburg, PA

#47772 Mar 3, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
Hey Dan the man, what's the matter? Can't back your statement up on the "Audience urges board to stop indifference" thread.
First you said no where in the Bible does it state homosexuality is wrong. I present you with Leviticus 20:13. You know, where God told Moses it's an abomination for a man to lie with another man. The only response you had was wasting a seed. Okay, lets see it. Can you back your statement up or this another Dan the man distortion?
Get ready for DTM spinning and lying. I have caught him so many times lying and the doofus still denies it. He will try to change the subject and act like thw innocent one. Here's the thing.....everyone knows how you operate. So you go right ahead and try to squirm out of this one...this ought to be another good laugh provided by the topix clown.
I don't know about the "God thing" but he holds "theory" higher than "fact".

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#47773 Mar 3, 2013
OMG!! THIS thread is being OVER-PLAYED!!... Science has invaded this political thread..Hmmmm, is it different..Science and Politics??... Nah, each blow g HOT AIR...TEMPERATURE CONTROL!!
jmdammit

Greensburg, PA

#47774 Mar 3, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I already tried to educate you on this. Read it again. This time pay special attention to the difference between a fact and a theory.
----------
Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work
Science uses specialized terms that have different meanings than everyday usage. These definitions correspond to the way scientists typically use these terms in the context of their work. Note, especially, that the meaning of “theory” in science is different than the meaning of “theory” in everyday conversation.
- Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.
- Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.
- Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.
- Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.
----------
Also, I have no idea what your Jack Wagner gibberish means.
your attempts to "educate" me ignore the basic points of my opposion...it is a THEORY...not a fact.As to the "Jack Wagner Gibberish",check out the title of this thread...I supported Jack Wagner in 2010,and global warming is not his fault.

Chambersburg, PA

#47775 Mar 3, 2013
jmdammit wrote:
<quoted text>your attempts to "educate" me ignore the basic points of my opposion...it is a THEORY...not a fact.As to the "Jack Wagner Gibberish",check out the title of this thread...I supported Jack Wagner in 2010,and global warming is not his fault.
It's sad that you choose ignorance over education. I guess that's what you have to do when education threatens your political ideology.

There is no doubt that man-made global warming is happening. The facts prove the theory. In science, a theory is the highest form of proof you can get.
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#47776 Mar 3, 2013
It's sad that you choose ignorance over fact. I guess that's what you have to do when facts threaten your political ideology.

There is no doubt that God told Moses man lying with another man is an abomination,(Leviticus20:13). The Bible proves the fact.
jmdammit

United States

#47777 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
It's sad that you choose ignorance over education. I guess that's what you have to do when education threatens your political ideology.
There is no doubt that man-made global warming is happening. The facts prove the theory. In science, a theory is the highest form of proof you can get.
If the facts prove the theory,it is no longer a theory.Edu cation does not threaten my political ideaology.Jack Wagner doesn't cause global warming.Not a "THEORY",but a "FACT".Have you read the title of this thread? Or does your political idealogy threaten your education?
Winston Smith

Chambersburg, PA

#47778 Mar 3, 2013
Winston Smith wrote:
Still no response from Dan the man. This is what he does when he is caught lying. He runs and hopes the subject is forgotten, if not he will spin and lie and try to turn it on the other peeson.

Well Dan the man, caught lying again and he says he never lies. That in itself is a lie.

Chambersburg, PA

#47779 Mar 3, 2013
jmdammit wrote:
<quoted text>If the facts prove the theory,it is no longer a theory.Edu cation does not threaten my political ideaology.Jack Wagner doesn't cause global warming.Not a "THEORY",but a "FACT".Have you read the title of this thread? Or does your political idealogy threaten your education?
LOL! Now you're just posting gibberish. Maybe you should go get some sleep.
jmdammit

United States

#47783 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Now you're just posting gibberish. Maybe you should go get some sleep.
Good idea idea.your ramblings have made me sleepy.However,the title of this thread is indeed(fact) titled "who do you support for governor in pennsylvania in 2010 ?" Jack Wagner is more relevant than global warming.
jmdammit

United States

#47784 Mar 3, 2013
And I've mentioned Jack Wagner in "more than one" post.That Danny was the way back.After over 44,000 posts,we're back to "Governor. Good.Night,nice chattin'.

Since: Feb 13

Norwood, PA

#47785 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Solar activity isn't at fault. Human pollution is.
hey dan the man. i have been trying to catch up on the debate you are having. What is the underlying topic? I would like to chime in on it, if you don't mind. i do HVAC/R for a living and have some concerns on the whole new EPA laws and changes put into my field by the government all in regards to saving the climate, but also at the same time of doing my homework have come to learn it not all for the environment, but for profit and that makes me sick.
Quoth the Raven

Greencastle, PA

#47786 Mar 3, 2013
Is TaxNoMore nevermore?

Since: Feb 13

Norwood, PA

#47788 Mar 3, 2013
Quoth the Raven wrote:
Is TaxNoMore nevermore?
Taxes are good if done with honesty, but there no honesty in government, only selfish needs to be fulfilled. It like the circus, the greatest show on earth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47791 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Wow, you really don't have any idea what you're talking about AT ALL. You just jump right into a debate know knowing ANYTHING about the basic facts.
When the globe warmed in the past due to natural causes, those causes were identified. It didn't just happen without explanation. People understand why it happened and what was behind it. And those factors aren't at work today.
The globe is warming today because of increased levels of CO2 in the atmosphere. The source of that CO2 is human activity. There is no debate about this. It is proven fact.
When you know as little as you do about the basic facts, you really ought to do yourself a favor and not embarrass yourself by trying to debate something you know nothing about.
Humans should stop breathing and exhaling CO2.

Eliminate 500 million or so Chinese and make a huge dent in global warming.

Or turn off the heat and freeze to death.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47792 Mar 3, 2013
jmdammit wrote:
<quoted text>No,Fact is the highest form.The earth is round and rotates around the sun.A proven FACT.Manmade global warming is a theory.And it's still not Jack Wagner's fault.Of course,this is just a theoy.If enough people research it and form a consensus,it just might be Jack's fault.
Who is Jack Wagner?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#47793 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Assuming that you are correct, a ridiculous assumption, how does man reverse global warming?
Farnsworth

Baltimore, MD

#47796 Mar 3, 2013
jmdammit wrote:
<quoted text>If the facts prove the theory,it is no longer a theory.Edu cation does not threaten my political ideaology.Jack Wagner doesn't cause global warming.Not a "THEORY",but a "FACT".Have you read the title of this thread? Or does your political idealogy threaten your education?
Now this makes a lot of sense...good grammer to....
I understand it all now...you've made it very clear....hahahahahaaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apartment Hunting Sep '14 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed... 1
Susie Q (Feb '13) Feb '13 joe 1
Loretto Dating
Find my Match

Loretto Jobs

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]