|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
"After watching Django, all I wanna do is shoot the communist liberal,"Dan the Man"
You want to do "Dan the Man".
Stoplight

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight: Let Me Be Clear

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Stoplight

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
...he says without a speck of evidence.
Given the accuracy of rightwing predictions of the outcome of the November election, why would anyone take their predictions about Obama's future behavior seriously?
LOL! You wingnuts crack me up.

You need to be able to think outside the bubble you live in. This is your main problem.

You lack common sense and I bet you failed history. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny.
dbar

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be able to think outside the bubble you live in. This is your main problem.
You lack common sense and I bet you failed history. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny.
you said"If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny"

try

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/...

"The Digital Journal reports:

Last September, 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio of Port St. Lucie, Florida shot off his penis and one of his testicles with a gun he had just purchased. A year earlier, an Arizona man blew his penis off after tucking his girlfriend's pink pistol into the waistband of his pants. And in 2010, a Washington man lost his testicles after a gun tucked into his waistband accidentally discharged."

so under your logic what does that tell you about handgun owners?

still want to stick to your "duck" theory?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Stoplight wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I seem to be trapped inside this bubble of reality. Somehow the objective, verifiable facts in here prevent me from thinking outside this bubble.

You should actually try getting inside the bubble of the reality based universe some time. You might enjoy the change. LOL!
NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

TaxNoMore wrote:
You never really own your home as long as it can be taken from you for not paying your property taxes.
You’re simply paying rent to the government under threat of eviction.
Your suggestion would be... No taxes? Come up with a better way. None of us love paying real estate taxes; at least those of us who own property.
RepublicansFail

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

No worries Dan the Man. This is a Clearfield board... remember... this area is and has been near the bottom in terms of wealth and education. Don't expect intelligent discussion. People here have been voting in Republicans for 30 years and how's that worked out for the area? Well, it's gone steadily downhill. It will continue that trend with the continued leadership of Glenn Thompson and now Sankey. Having seen Thompson speak, I'm amazed anyone would vote for the guy at all... total moron.

Aside from failing in social and economic terms, the area is doing very well! Let's keep the same leaders! We're overtaxed, surely that is the issue! People here get what they deserve, and I for one feel no pity for the stupid. God doesn't answer prayers by people too stupid to help themselves. For proof of stupidity due to lack of factual understanding, see nearly any comment by TaxNoMore, who makes Rush Limbaugh sound like an intellectual force. The dumb hicks here could benefit by reading actual books that make one think. No I'm not talking about Rush's latest book, or a column written by a right-wing hack, blog, or website... try a book, a real one... just for example Rawls' Theory of Justice, or Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government. Nah... let's get real... the masses here will stick with the latest issue of Guns & Ammo. As I said, they get the society they deserve. Sadly, they're just ruining the area for future generations who can't help that they were born here.
Wrong

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RepublicansFail wrote:
No worries Dan the Man. This is a Clearfield board... remember... this area is and has been near the bottom in terms of wealth and education. Don't expect intelligent discussion. People here have been voting in Republicans for 30 years and how's that worked out for the area? Well, it's gone steadily downhill. It will continue that trend with the continued leadership of Glenn Thompson and now Sankey. Having seen Thompson speak, I'm amazed anyone would vote for the guy at all... total moron.
Aside from failing in social and economic terms, the area is doing very well! Let's keep the same leaders! We're overtaxed, surely that is the issue! People here get what they deserve, and I for one feel no pity for the stupid. God doesn't answer prayers by people too stupid to help themselves. For proof of stupidity due to lack of factual understanding, see nearly any comment by TaxNoMore, who makes Rush Limbaugh sound like an intellectual force. The dumb hicks here could benefit by reading actual books that make one think. No I'm not talking about Rush's latest book, or a column written by a right-wing hack, blog, or website... try a book, a real one... just for example Rawls' Theory of Justice, or Locke's 2nd Treatise on Government. Nah... let's get real... the masses here will stick with the latest issue of Guns & Ammo. As I said, they get the society they deserve. Sadly, they're just ruining the area for future generations who can't help that they were born here.
Actually, Mr. Undereducated, this board is statewide. I'm from Bucks County, just outside of Philadelphia.

I just thought you'd like to know.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Gee, I wonder...... More than one Transexual has done a self castration. In India, It's pretty common among the Hijra. Jesus talks about it in Matthew 19:12, look it up.
Regards, Terri
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
you said"If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck Danny"
try
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/...
"The Digital Journal reports:
Last September, 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio of Port St. Lucie, Florida shot off his penis and one of his testicles with a gun he had just purchased. A year earlier, an Arizona man blew his penis off after tucking his girlfriend's pink pistol into the waistband of his pants. And in 2010, a Washington man lost his testicles after a gun tucked into his waistband accidentally discharged."
so under your logic what does that tell you about handgun owners?
still want to stick to your "duck" theory?
NoOpinion

New Castle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I'm not going back to see if TaxNoMore actually answered my question. He/She/It insists on taking up unnecessary space with each post. Not going looking for it. So be it.
RepublicansFail

Northern Cambria, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I think that it is fair to say that most Americans have only a passing knowledge of the writings of philosophers such as Plato, Thomas More, Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Charles de Montesquieu and Alexis de Toqueville.
Some would attribute this to the "dumbing down of America" that has been inexorably taking place in our schools over the past half-century or so.
But the truth is that all of these individuals as well as Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels have exerted a great deal of influence over American political thought in the 235 years of our nation's existence.
Plato, More, Hobbes and of course Karl Max all come down on the side of "collectivist" or "utopian" states whereby individuals must necessarily become subservient to the interests of the state.
In such an environment individuals
"must be managed and suppressed by masterminds for the greater good."
There is no tolerance for individual self-interest or even self-preservation.
A person's labor and property belong to the state or are controlled by the state.
http://www.amazon.com/Ameritopia-Unmaking-Mar...

Lol. So now philosophy is a liberal pursuit. You can complain about philosophers as you please, and you can throw out Marx and Engels and I can throw out Ayn Rand, who was just as dangerous, if not more so. Her thought is essentially what you're espousing. No one I'm aware of, not even liberals, have anything against self-interest. But your believe in free market solutions to everything is absurd because the market doesn't solve all social problems. I think your views on which philosophers espoused collectivist or utopian views are also just wrong; and in any case nearly all philosophers believe the end of the philosophy will be utopia. Ayn Rand espoused her utopia as well, so it's not as if your own philosophy is immune from your own criticism.

Finally, I think your belief that certain philosophies having exerted influence, although true for some time, have certainly faded in recent times. You sound just flat out willfully ignorant or crazy. Do you recall Bush and his GOP congress? Not too long ago we had Ayn Rand philosophy running the country. Result - near depression. Since Reagen, every GOP admin has exploded our date. It really took off with Reagen. Continued with HW Bush. Clinton finally fixed their mess, we get surplus, and along comes W Bush to screw it up all over again, but worse. And now the liberals are left to clean up the mess. Supply side economics is a failure, bottom line. I repeat - 12 years of tax cuts on the wealthy ... your so-called job creators ... and where are the jobs? Nowhere... the economy basically failed entirely. Obama cleaned up the mess, put the brakes on unemployment, and got it back under control down to the level it was when he took over. From 4.7 to 7.8 under W Bush... over just a 2 year period. From 7.8 to 9.8 back to 7.8 in 4 years under Obama. Someone turned it around, and it was Obama with no help at all from the GOP, who has been obstructing him at every turn. Facts matter. Continue the willfull ignorance.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

NoOpinion wrote:
I'm not going back to see if TaxNoMore actually answered my question. He/She/It insists on taking up unnecessary space with each post. Not going looking for it. So be it.
TaxNoMore is a sociopath boardering on psychotic, don't waste your time.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Blathering on about pie in the sky philosophers is one thing. Giving their ideas power is quite another. If mankind were to be a unit of production for the state, don't you think he would have aspired to that "lofty" goal by now? We are not ants. Society is not an anthill. "But Plato said...." Plato didn't know sh8t! He just wrote good novels. How come we've had governments for at least six thousand years and they've all been overthrown! Or failed in some way or another. Was it that the govts just weren't powerful enough to curb the rebellious instincts of the people? Is more Govt power the answer? Funny thing though, America, with it's libertarianism for two hundred years produced the greatest upsurge in Human achievements that the world has ever known. More human happieness, health, economic power, scientific accomplishments and individual wealth.
RepublicansFail wrote:
I think that it is fair to say that most Americans have only a passing knowledge of the writings of philosophers such as Plato, Thomas More, Thomas Hobbes, John Locke, Charles de Montesquieu and Alexis de Toqueville.
Some would attribute this to the "dumbing down of America" that has been inexorably taking place in our schools over the past half-century or so.
But the truth is that all of these individuals as well as Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels have exerted a great deal of influence over American political thought in the 235 years of our nation's existence.
Plato, More, Hobbes and of course Karl Max all come down on the side of "collectivist" or "utopian" states whereby individuals must necessarily become subservient to the interests of the state.
In such an environment individuals
"must be managed and suppressed by masterminds for the greater good."
There is no tolerance for individual self-interest or even self-preservation.
A person's labor and property belong to the state or are controlled by the state.
http://www.amazon.com/Ameritopia-Unmaking-Mar...
Lol. So now philosophy is a liberal pursuit. You can complain about philosophers as you please, and you can throw out Marx and Engels and I can throw out Ayn Rand, who was just as dangerous, if not more so. Her thought is essentially what you're espousing. No one I'm aware of, not even liberals, have anything against self-interest. But your believe in free market solutions to everything is absurd because the market doesn't solve all social problems. I think your views on which philosophers espoused collectivist or utopian views are also just wrong; and in any case nearly all philosophers believe the end of the philosophy will be utopia. Ayn Rand espoused her utopia as well, so it's not as if your own philosophy is immune from your own criticism.
Finally, I think your belief that certain philosophies having exerted influence, although true for some time, have certainly faded in recent times. You sound just flat out willfully ignorant or crazy. Do you recall Bush and his GOP congress? Not too long ago we had Ayn Rand philosophy running the country. Result - near depression. Since Reagen, every GOP admin has exploded our date. It really took off with Reagen. Continued with HW Bush. Clinton finally fixed their mess, we get surplus, and along comes W Bush to screw it up all over again, but worse. And now the liberals are left to clean up the mess. Supply side economics is a failure, bottom line. I repeat - 12 years of tax cuts on the wealthy ... your so-called job creators ... and where are the jobs? Nowhere... the economy basically failed entirely. Obama cleaned up the mess, put the brakes on unemployment, and got it back under control down to the level it was when he took over. From 4.7 to 7.8 under W Bush... over just a 2 year period. From 7.8 to 9.8 back to 7.8 in 4 years under Obama. Someone turned it around, and it was Obama with no help at all from the GOP, who has been obstructing him at every turn. Facts matter. Continue the willfull ignorance.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

The Clinton Surplus Myth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton ran deficits throught all 8 years of his term, and one can go to the US Treasury Department and looking through the history of the total outstanding debt through Clintons term.
Every year Clinton was in office, the total national debt continued to climb.
How Clinton managed to claim a surplus was that while the general operating budgets ran deficits but Clinton borrowed from numerous off budget funds to make the on budget fund a surplus.
For example, in 2000, Clinton claimed a $230B surplus, but Clinton borrowed
$152.3B from Social Security
$30.9B from Civil Service Retirement Fund
$18.5B from Federal Supplementary Medical insurance Trust Fund
$15.0B from Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund
$9.0B from the Federal Unemployment Trust Fund
$8.2B from Military Retirement Fund
$3.8B from Transportation Trust Funds
$1.8B from Employee Life Insurance & Retirement fund
$7.0B from others
Total borrowed from off budget funds $246.5B, meaning that his $230B surplus is actually a $16.5B deficit.
($246.5B borrowed -$230B claimed surplus =$16.5B actual deficit).
If there is ever a true surplus, then the national debt will go down.
the national debt did not go down one year during the Clinton administration.
The rate of growth of the national debt slowed under Clinton, and he left office with budget surpluses and the national debt on track to be eliminated by 2013.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Thurlow Weed wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so cute Lulu! Stalin and his gang used to describe their ideological opponents as crazy also. Don't you wish you had a gulag to put all the "crazy" people into?
Maybe not crazy, but intellectually dishonest. E.g.: changing the terms of the debate by "throwing sand in your opponents eyes." Changing "debt limit debate" to "debt crisis" and then we have to solve the "debt crisis" which has nothing to due with the debt limit. And then with the help of FOX you manufacture a crisis in the public forum that is not there.
It's hard to understand how people can keep defending trickle down economics when time and again it has proven ineffective. Income inequality is the highest it's been since the roaring 20s. Cutting taxes on the rich doesn't create jobs unless a balance is built in. The government has to off-set the desire of the wealthy to pocket the extra revenue rather than either 1. hire more workers; or 2. pay their existing workers more money.
Those disagree with me are not crazy. They are evil. And I am all good. End of story.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Clinton ran deficits throught all 8 years of his term, and one can go to the US Treasury Department and looking through the history of the total outstanding debt through Clintons term.
How Clinton managed to claim a surplus was that while the general operating budgets ran deficits but Clinton borrowed from numerous off budget funds to make the on budget fund a surplus.
$7.0B from others
Total borrowed from off budget funds $246.5B, meaning that his $230B surplus is actually a $16.5B deficit.
http://zfacts.com/book/export/html/81
Hillary C

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
$7.0B from others
Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not.

The Clinton years showed the effects of a large tax increase that Clinton pushed through in his first year, and that Republicans incorrectly claim is the "largest tax increase in history." It fell almost exclusively on upper-income taxpayers. Clinton’s fiscal 1994 budget also contained some spending restraints. An equally if not more powerful influence was the booming economy and huge gains in the stock markets, the so-called dot-com bubble, which brought in hundreds of millions in unanticipated tax revenue from taxes on capital gains and rising salaries.

Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-budget-a...
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Do you drink your Kool-aid with ice or straight?
The website you posted strangely lacks factual evidence, just more liberal opinion.
With corn liquor and ice.
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

At the core of conservativism are two
emotional engines that can be described in pictures. One is a terrified child hiding under his bed screaming with fear of life itself. The second image is the same child hoarding every toy in sight and hitting anyone how seems to be having fun.

That's really all they are.
truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Lou Schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe not crazy, but intellectually dishonest. E.g.: changing the terms of the debate by "throwing sand in your opponents eyes." Changing "debt limit debate" to "debt crisis" and then we have to solve the "debt crisis" which has nothing to due with the debt limit. And then with the help of FOX you manufacture a crisis in the public forum that is not there.
It's hard to understand how people can keep defending trickle down economics when time and again it has proven ineffective. Income inequality is the highest it's been since the roaring 20s. Cutting taxes on the rich doesn't create jobs unless a balance is built in. The government has to off-set the desire of the wealthy to pocket the extra revenue rather than either 1. hire more workers; or 2. pay their existing workers more money.
Those disagree with me are not crazy. They are evil. And I am all good. End of story.
I don't think the right wingers are irrational. Their No. 1 goal is to defeat Obama and they are doing whatever they can to make it happen even at the expense of economy, welfare of the elderly and the poor. Their (ir)rational hate for liberals have reached the peak. They were so upset of Bill Clinton for his successful handling of the Gingrich and the gang they sworn to themselves to never again deal with a democrat. So off with your rational discussion and get ready for chaos all around. This is just the preview!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Search the Loretto Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr bobby6464 3,826
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed at 10 1
Susie Q (Feb '13) Feb '13 joe 1
Review: Italian Village Pizza (Sep '11) Oct '11 mary walk from cresson 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Loretto People Search