Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Loretto Forum

Comments (Page 2,092)

Showing posts 41,821 - 41,840 of51,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Marisa you classless twit; please remind us again how Nate Silver, the VOTE From ABROAD map, and that damn Liberal media with their left leaning polls are all wrong and how Mittens is going to be elected president. Your such a pathetic gash.
Still obsessing about the election like Dan the man? Probably because you are Dan the man.
You poor lonely man. Spending your days and nights on topix as multiple posters in order to keep from getting too lonely.
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Aspherical wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Tax No More stealing my stuff again...this is what I accused Dave Rogers or maybe its Dave Rogers or maybe Dave Rogers is one of his multiple personalities...
Who knows but I told Dave Rogers he Narcisitic on pervious posts...
They copy everyone else shit all the time...
No original thoughts...just a bunch of thief low life scummers..
More incoherent ramblings
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Reverend Irreverent wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everybody celebrates Christmas the same way. Or believes in Jesus either, for that matter. How does that represent being 'classless' or 'lazy'?
I don't believe in Muhammad and Islam, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in Hinduism. And because I don 't believe in the mentioned does not give me the right to use their name to curse. Got it? To do so, is disrespectful and classless.

As far as the lazy comment, I suggest you read ALL the posts. To come into the middle of a conversation isn't a good idea.

We were talking about DTM'S "occupation". DTM has had many, many, different jobs in the past year. When in reality he has NO job, he's too lazy to work. Are you following now?

If you are still confused, too bad.
Reverend Irreverent

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe in Muhammad and Islam, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in Hinduism. And because I don 't believe in the mentioned does not give me the right to use their name to curse. Got it? To do so, is disrespectful and classless.
As far as the lazy comment, I suggest you read ALL the posts. To come into the middle of a conversation isn't a good idea.
We were talking about DTM'S "occupation". DTM has had many, many, different jobs in the past year. When in reality he has NO job, he's too lazy to work. Are you following now?
If you are still confused, too bad.
I've been reading what's been posted for a very long time. I'm not entering in the middle. This entire spat is reminiscent of a bitter lover's quarrel. Most of this thread is, for that matter. It's people who don't even know each other lashing out and insulting ideological opponents when they lack even a clue as to who they are outside of a pseudonym. I can log onto Xbox Live, hop into a Halo or Call of Duty game, and hear kids exchange 'your mom' insults about as refined as what's happening in this 2000+ page pissing contest.

Also feel inclined to mention that I don't agree with your first statement. I regularly deride characters I don't believe in or agree with, fictional or otherwise. What elevates Jesus, Muhammed or the Buddha above involvement in parody or foul language? Because certain demographics are irrationally offended by their being besmirched? It's not classless. I don't respect entities that I find cornerstone elements in obscene literature and culture that mock intelligence.

What makes the attacks being slung around this thread, yours included, acceptable, while saying 'Jesus' negatively, is classless and intolerable? Has that line of effrontery finally been crossed in your mind?
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Reverend Irreverent wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading what's been posted for a very long time. I'm not entering in the middle. This entire spat is reminiscent of a bitter lover's quarrel. Most of this thread is, for that matter. It's people who don't even know each other lashing out and insulting ideological opponents when they lack even a clue as to who they are outside of a pseudonym. I can log onto Xbox Live, hop into a Halo or Call of Duty game, and hear kids exchange 'your mom' insults about as refined as what's happening in this 2000+ page pissing contest.
Also feel inclined to mention that I don't agree with your first statement. I regularly deride characters I don't believe in or agree with, fictional or otherwise. What elevates Jesus, Muhammed or the Buddha above involvement in parody or foul language? Because certain demographics are irrationally offended by their being besmirched? It's not classless. I don't respect entities that I find cornerstone elements in obscene literature and culture that mock intelligence.
What makes the attacks being slung around this thread, yours included, acceptable, while saying 'Jesus' negatively, is classless and intolerable? Has that line of effrontery finally been crossed in your mind?
Your just like Dan The Man, or perhaps you are Dan The Man, you are such a weak man. Your wife, if you have one , must be so disappointed.

I came to topix to have constructive debate and discussion but instead I get childish attacks from small insecure men. Pay attention to my post you may learn something.

I've wasted enough time with you, I'm going back to pleasuring myself with my personal massager.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>No only a weird person would consistently pull up old posts on people. And that weird person is you. Are you having another LONG BREAK? Business slow?
Here it is the Christmas season and you have to use Jesus to call someone a dumbass...... no class, that's Dan the man....typical liberal, classless and lazy!
Do you do anything here other than name-calling and personal attacks? Seriously, you never even TRY to debate issues.

I ask for rightwing opinions on current political issues every day, but nobody from the right responds on the issues. Just name-calling and personal attacks.

Given your astonishing ignorance and how profoundly WRONG you were about the election, I can see why you're a little gun-shy on discussing politics. So I understand why you avoid it - tired of being humiliated, I sure.

So why are you here? Is being a petty name-caller all you are capable of? Speculating about my professional life and fantasizing about my personal life? Seriously - grow the hell up.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Krugman accurately diagnoses the problem with the GOP...

----------

We are not having a debt crisis….

No, what we’re having is a political crisis, born of the fact that one of our two great political parties has reached the end of a 30-year road. The modern Republican Party’s grand, radical agenda lies in ruins — but the party doesn’t know how to deal with that failure, and it retains enough power to do immense damage as it strikes out in frustration…

Since the 1970s, the Republican Party has fallen increasingly under the influence of radical ideologues, whose goal is nothing less than the elimination of the welfare state — that is, the whole legacy of the New Deal and the Great Society. From the beginning, however, these ideologues have had a big problem: The programs they want to kill are very popular. Americans may nod their heads when you attack big government in the abstract, but they strongly support Social Security, Medicare, and even Medicaid. So what’s a radical to do?...

[L]ook at where we are now in terms of the welfare state: far from killing it, Republicans now have to watch as Mr. Obama implements the biggest expansion of social insurance since the creation of Medicare.

So Republicans have suffered more than an election defeat, they’ve seen the collapse of a decades-long project. And with their grandiose goals now out of reach, they literally have no idea what they want — hence their inability to make specific demands….

----------

The GOP is utterly dysfunctional. If the rightwing losers here don't convince you, all you have to do is look at the pathetic bunch leading the party.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Here’s Grover Norquist predicting that President Obama will be so upset by Republican restraints on spending that he will murder people for shits and giggles:

NORQUIST: We got lots of things Obama claims to be for, and we will make — we, the Republicans in the House and Senate — will make him actually make those spending restraints, in order to get the continuing resolution out [for] a week, two weeks, a month. Obama will be on a very short leash, fiscally speaking, over the next four years. He’s not gonna have any fun at all. He may decide to go blow up small countries he can’t pronounce because it won’t be any fun to be here, because he won’t be able to spend the kind of cash he was hoping to.

----------

In all seriousness - is there a sane, rational conservative left in this country?

Since: Sep 12

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Obama wants to know were you are at any given second. More big brother awaits you. Whats next, a chip under your skin? Liberals will say its a good thing until a republican tracks you.

----------

Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars -- Beginning in '14

Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of "black boxes" in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) proposed the regulation on Dec. 7, which it said “would capture valuable safety-related data in the seconds before and during a motor vehicle crash.”

The proposed standard would require automakers to install event data recorders (EDRs)– so-called “black box devices”-- to collect specific safety related data in all light passenger vehicles beginning Sept. 1, 2014.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said approximately 96 percent of model year 2013 passenger cars and light-duty vehicles are already equipped with black-box capability.

“By understanding how drivers respond in a crash and whether key safety systems operate properly, NHTSA and automakers can make our vehicles and our roadways even safer,” LaHood said in a news release.“This proposal will give us the critical insight and information we need to save more lives.”

EDRs do not collect any personal identifying information or record conversations and do not run continuously, according to LaHood.

After a crash or air bag deploys, the EDR would collects data in the seconds before and during a crash, including: vehicle speed; whether the brake was activated in the moments before a crash; crash forces at the moment of impact; information about the state of the engine throttle; air bag deployment timing and air bag readiness prior to the crash and whether the vehicle occupant’s seat belt was buckled.

But Horace Cooper of the National Center for Public Policy Analysis called the move “an unprecedented breach of privacy for Americans.”

“Not only will this new requirement give new resources and data to the DOT to support more economically-damaging regulations in the future, this mandate itself represents an unprecedented breach of privacy for Americans,” he said.

Cooper said that contrary to what is being claimed, EDRs “can and will track the comings and goings of car owners and even their passengers.”

Black boxes, he said, are already being used to track myriad activities -- and what they can record is virtually unlimited, he said.

“EDRs not only provide details necessary for accident investigation, they can also track travel records, passenger usage, cell phone use and other private data -- who you visit, what you weigh, how often you call your mother and more is captured by these devices,” he said.

House Republicans, citing privacy concerns, had succeeded in removing a Senate provision requiring EDRs from the final transportation bill earlier this year.

But GOP members were not alone in their concerns about the proposal. Rep. Mike Capuano (D-Mass.) tried unsuccessfully to introduce a measure that would allow car owners to disconnect or disable EDRs.

"Consumers should have control over the information collected by event data recorders in vehicles that they own and they should have the option of disabling the device if they choose to do so. This is a basic issue of privacy," Rep. Capuano said at the time, in a statement.

The public now has 60 days to comment on the proposed rule, which will be published in the Federal Register.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-bypasse...

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do anything here other than name-calling and personal attacks? Seriously, you never even TRY to debate issues.
I ask for rightwing opinions on current political issues every day, but nobody from the right responds on the issues. Just name-calling and personal attacks.
Given your astonishing ignorance and how profoundly WRONG you were about the election, I can see why you're a little gun-shy on discussing politics. So I understand why you avoid it - tired of being humiliated, I sure.
So why are you here? Is being a petty name-caller all you are capable of? Speculating about my professional life and fantasizing about my personal life? Seriously - grow the hell up.
Don't be so stupid. Just read what you posted and ask yourself why no one wants to debate or even talk civil to you. You are the problem. You keep adding fuel to your burning fire. You keep hanging out your bait, when you get a bite then you post your typical BS as you did in this post.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so stupid. Just read what you posted and ask yourself why no one wants to debate or even talk civil to you. You are the problem. You keep adding fuel to your burning fire. You keep hanging out your bait, when you get a bite then you post your typical BS as you did in this post.
I know why YOU don't want to debate me.

Because I destroy your lies and distortions every time and leave you embarrassed and making sputtering personal attacks.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dave Rogers wrote:
Obama wants to know were you are at any given second. More big brother awaits you. Whats next, a chip under your skin? Liberals will say its a good thing until a republican tracks you.
----------
Obama Bypasses Congress to Mandate Black Boxes for All Cars -- Beginning in '14
Bypassing Congress, the Obama administration has issued a proposed administrative rule, which if adopted, would mandate the installation of "black boxes" in all automobiles and light trucks beginning in 2014.

"Consumers should have control over the information collected by event data recorders in vehicles that they own and they should have the option of disabling the device if they choose to do so. This is a basic issue of privacy," Rep. Capuano said at the time, in a statement.
The public now has 60 days to comment on the proposed rule, which will be published in the Federal Register.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-bypasse...
Anyone who uses CNS "news" as a source has proven they are not interested in a factual debate.

When you cite propaganda websites as your source, you prove you are not a serious person.

BTW - regulating the auto industry is the JOB of the Executive Branch. They aren't "bypassing Congress." They're fulfilling the role the US Constitution assigns to them.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I destroy your lies and distortions every time and leave you embarrassed and making sputtering personal attacks.
Danny, why would I ever get embarrassed by you or anyone on here? Do you really think you destroy me? What in the hell is wrong with you?

Who said I don't want to debate you? If you think because I don't reply to some of your posts for reasons you listed, think again.

Since: Jul 12

Portland, Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Racist rogers, there you go again providing you high level of tea bag ignorance again, dumb ass but very well done. Now climb back under your were losing country rock til the fiscal cliff reality raises your fear a notch

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who uses CNS "news" as a source has proven they are not interested in a factual debate.
When you cite propaganda websites as your source, you prove you are not a serious person.
BTW - regulating the auto industry is the JOB of the Executive Branch. They aren't "bypassing Congress." They're fulfilling the role the US Constitution assigns to them.

Do some research, it's on other sites too.

Tracking every car is fulfilling the role the US Constitution? Do you really believe the reason that state they are tracking? Do you see how it's set up for abuse?

What rule is assigned to them so they can track you, danny? LOL

Regulating? The government regulates too much.

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

bobby6464 wrote:
Racist rogers, there you go again providing you high level of tea bag ignorance again, dumb ass but very well done. Now climb back under your were losing country rock til the fiscal cliff reality raises your fear a notch
Dan the man left and within seconds bobby6464 appears. LOL

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Stupid Quotes by Loony Liberals and Deranged Democrats

''Folks, I can tell you I've known eight presidents, three of them intimately.''
—Joe Biden, Aug. 22, 2012

''Look at what they [Republicans] value, and look at their budget. And look what they're proposing.[Romney] said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks write their own rules -- unchain
Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains.''
—Joe Biden, speaking to a largely African-American audience in Danville, Va., Aug. 14, 2012

''My mother believed and my father believed that if I wanted to be president of the United States, I could be, I could be Vice President!''
—Joe Biden, campaigning in Youngstown, Ohio, May 16, 2012

''I promise you, the president has a big stick. I promise you.''
—Joe Biden, citing Theodore Roosevelt's famous quote,''Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.''(April 26, 2012)

''I guess what I'm trying to say without boring you too long at breakfast -- and you all look dull as hell, I might add. The dullest audience I have ever spoken to. Just sitting there, staring at me. Pretend you like me!''
—Joe Biden, speaking to a group of Turkish-American and Azerbaijani-American donors, April 27, 2012

''We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it.''
—House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in a speech to the National Association of Counties shortly before the health care reform bill became law, March 9, 2010

''Why would you want to put people in charge of government who just don't want to do it? I mean, you wouldn't expect to see al Qaeda members as pilots.''
—Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL), on the prospects of Republicans taking back control of Congress, May 21, 2010

''I'm going to kill that f**king dog.''
—White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, on First Dog Bo Obama, as reported in the book 'The Promise' by Newsweek's Jonathan Alter

''Take your f**king tampon out and tell me what you have to say.''
—White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, addressing a male staffer during a meeting, as reported in the book 'The Promise' by Newsweek's Jonathan Alter

''I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up.''
—Ex-Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in an interview with 'Esquire' magazine

A ''light skinned'' African-American ''with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.''
—Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid, arguing in 2008 that race would help rather than hurt Barack Obama's eventual presidential bid (Reid's comments were published in the book ''Game Change'')

''This is a big f**king deal!''
—Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010

''His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul.''
—Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010

''My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.''
—Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) expressing concern during a congressional hearing that the presence of a large number of American soldiers might upend the island of Guam

''It's like Goebbels. Goebbels invented this kind of propaganda.''
—California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown, comparing billionaire GOP nominee Meg Whitman's saturation campaign effort to that of a Nazi minister of propaganda, June 10, 2010

In all seriousness - is there a sane, rational liberal left in this country?

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Dumbest Barack Obama Quotes of All Time

''What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...''
—Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ''your Christian faith,'' which Obama quickly clarified

''I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.''
—Barack Obama, defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

''I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go.''
—Barack Obama, at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

''Why can't I just eat my waffle?''
—Barack Obama, after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

''It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing.''
—Barack Obama, confusing German for ''Austrian,'' a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

''I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances.''
—Barack Obama, after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

''The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.''
—Barack Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

''One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard.''
—Barack Obama, mispronouncing ''Corpsman''(the ''ps'' is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

''In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed.''
—Barack Obama, on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

''You're likeable enough, Hillary.''
—Barack Obama, during a Democratic debate

''It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''
—Barack Obama, explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

''The Cambridge police acted stupidly.''
—Barack Obama, commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

''The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system.''
—Barack Obama, in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

''No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something.''
—Barack Obama, making an off-hand joke during an appearance on ''The Tonight Show,'' March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

''Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions.''
—Barack Obama, exasperated by reporters after a news conference

''UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems.''
—Barack Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

''What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith...''
—Barack Obama, in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying ''your Christian faith,'' which Obama quickly clarified

I'm Barack Hussein Obama and I'm an idiot.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
!LOL!

More of little danny BOY's delusions of grandeur.

Any message you may have constantly gets lost in your little BOY petulance.

Go change. You've wet your pants again, little BOY.
tax is needed

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Close it down wrote:
We need a good governor that is not going to tax us to death
taxes are needed to support a lot of programs that we all like to take advantage of

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,821 - 41,840 of51,181
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Search the Loretto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Bobby Homestead the Man 3,800
Cassandra database Security Jul 13 Philip 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Jul '13 republican 156
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed at 10 1
Susie Q (Feb '13) Feb '13 joe 1
•••
•••
•••
Loretto Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Loretto Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••