GOP DOWNFALL

West Mifflin, PA

#42936 Nov 18, 2012
WASHINGTON, Nov 18 (Reuters)- The Republican Party needs to stop insulting voters and broaden its appeal after Democratic President Barack Obama won re-election this month over Mitt Romney with overwhelming support from Hispanics, blacks and single women, top Republicans said on Sunday.

Comments made by two leading Republican governors and an influential U.S. senator on Sunday reflected the soul-searching taking place in the party after Obama's victory over Republican challenger Romney on Nov. 6.

"If we want people to like us, we have to like them first. And you don't start to like people by insulting them and saying their votes were bought," Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, chairman of the Republican Governors Association, told the "Fox News Sunday" program.

Jindal and some other Republicans rejected Romney's remarks last week blaming his election loss on what he called an Obama strategy of giving "gifts" to blacks, Hispanics and young voters - groups instrumental to his re-election victory.

These "gifts" cited by Romney included passage of Obama's signature healthcare law, support for contraceptive coverage in medical insurance, and a policy change relaxing U.S. deportation rules so that many young illegal immigrants who came to the United States as children can stay in the country and work.

Romney's remarks were made in a telephone call to supporters that news organizations heard.

"We are in a big hole," Republican Senator Lindsey Graham told NBC's "Meet the Press" program. "We are not getting out of it by comments like that (by Romney). When you're in a hole, stop digging. He keeps digging."

LQQK HERE:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/18/repu...
GOP DOWNFALL

West Mifflin, PA

#42937 Nov 18, 2012
I can't beleive that people actually thought that this guy was a viable option!

To the republicans who actually wanted him to be the president...screw you! You would have thrown the whole country under the bus just to win no matter the cost!

Now you run from him...as if he just suddenly turned into a bad representative..UNREAL! The guy was garbage during the primaries in 08 and 12 and as the paid for by the KOCH's candidate to support your agenda which is/was...GIVING MORE GIFTS TO THE RICH!

Game OVER! Thank GOD he did not win! Thank you all who turned out and vote for Obama...You saved our country and don't ever listen or beleive anyone who tells you differently..just google Romney and show them the candidate that they never seemed to pay attention to because they were to busy hating Obama!

Thanks again Obama supporters...He is a good man and for the people...and to all the haters lets talk in 4 years!
GOP DOWNFALL

West Mifflin, PA

#42938 Nov 18, 2012
Romney has been living in a Leave It To Beaver/the Truman Show bubble where only kind words are said; where no one’s words are questioned. Romney didn't expect this bubble to be burst by reality. Reality was something he wasn't accustomed to. In his bubble: the white man ruled, the black man never questioned him; when he tooted his own horn, he received praises, not questions or challenges; poor people, non-whites & non-Mormons were not important; people who worked hard and were loyal to their employers meant nothing & there was never a backlash for anything he done or said.The "experts" within the bubble predicted a landslide. Romney & others practically staked their lives on this information. Romney thought his winning was ordained of God after fooling Billy Graham into praying for him.Romney’s bubble was burst by the pin of reality. All the plans, hopes & dreams that they were so sure of evaporated before their eyes. All the people who were promised cabinet positions, lucrative government contracts for their various businesses, all of the loopholes they hoped to create went poof. Some of the Romney supporters have no idea what they will do next because their futures of being executives in vulture capital companies if Romney won are gone. Some of them are unemployed because everything was tied to a Romney win. Reality has a way of making you stand up & take notice.
GOP DOWNFALL

West Mifflin, PA

#42939 Nov 18, 2012
If Republicans ever hope to win elections they are going to have to follow the Democratic playbook:

Stop harrassing illegal immigrants

Stop harrassing gays

Stop harrassing women

Stop harrassing climate scientists

Stop harrassing blacks, Asians and Hispanics
Mitt vs Mutt

West Mifflin, PA

#42940 Nov 18, 2012
Redemption for the Republicans. Cooperate with Obama to straighten out our fiscal problem, even if this means an increase in tax rates on the wealthy and super-wealthy, trading this for a serious overhaul of the tax code, which everyone realizes is long overdue, but will take some time to negotiate. Cooperate with Obama to pass a broadly-supported immigration reform package.

Then reestablish the Republican brand by focusing on (1) lowering effective corporate tax rates by stripping away loopholes and give-aways,(2) bringing down a small bit the effective tax rate on the wealthy and the super-wealthy by again stripping away loopholes and give-aways,(3) working to shore up Social Security and Medicare, but cutting some benefits and raising Social Secuirty/Medicare contributions from the wealthy and super-wealthy (in exchange for a somewhat lower effective income tax rate on them).

In other words, drop ideology, forget Ayn Rand, and work as a constructive partner with a different pallet of ideas to solve our nation's still very much solvable problems.
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#42941 Nov 18, 2012
You know they can't stop there negative addiction. If they allow a woman freedom to choose when and where to create a baby they they lose the bible thumpers.
Papa Johns

West Mifflin, PA

#42942 Nov 18, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
You know they can't stop there negative addiction. If they allow a woman freedom to choose when and where to create a baby they they lose the bible thumpers.
Well........the bible thumpers didnt do any good this time around.
Old white guys and the bible thumpers are old news,,,,,,,,,as you can tell by the Obama victory.......
Crybaby repubic

Butler, PA

#42943 Nov 18, 2012
Wow. I still see Romney yard signs out. The homeowners must be still in a fetal position..crying their eyes out. Suck it up cupcakes. In 4 years, you may have a candidate that is of presidential stature. NOT ! LMAO !
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#42944 Nov 18, 2012
I'm looking forward to the mid term where president Obama explains why every tea bag representative in congress has got to go. President Obama tried to do that in 10 but citizens united secret source money was huge in favor of the unknown group of funny costume wearing fools later to be officially called the racist tea bags. I think they will hear in 14. They have already through two of the bigger tea bag bible thumping bums out, walsh and west and some minor league tea bags.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42945 Nov 18, 2012
GOP DOWNFALL wrote:
If Republicans ever hope to win elections they are going to have to follow the Democratic playbook:
Stop harrassing illegal immigrants
Stop harrassing gays
Stop harrassing women
Stop harrassing climate scientists
//////////

//////////

Black Caucus:

Whites Not Allowed

By JOSEPHINE HEARN

| 1/22/07 1:01 PM EDT

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year:

If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans.

He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in the Memphis district.

"It's their caucus and they do things their way.

You don't force your way in.

You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African-American."

Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer....

It's time to move on,"

the younger Clay said.

"It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42946 Nov 18, 2012
Papa Johns wrote:
<quoted text>Well........the bible thumpers didnt do any good this time around.
Old white guys and the bible thumpers are old news,,,,,,,,,as you can tell by the Obama victory.......
/.////////

Old Man Whitey is obsessed with giving out goodies.

The third world Mexicans and Somalis could care less.

They get food stamps, WIC and Section 8 and they give us bed bugs, tuberculosis, Mexican swine flu and Shigellosis.

Black youth unemployment is 50%, yet Blacks are celebrating this "revenge" on the part of their Indonesian messiah.

We've raised two generations of lowlifes. LBJ's Great Society has finally achieved its intended goal...a nation where the majority is uneducated, dependent and willingly enslaved.

"War on Poverty" and healthcare reform

In 1964, upon Johnson's request, Congress passed the Revenue Act of 1964 and the Economic Opportunity Act, which was in association with the war on poverty.

Johnson set in motion bills and acts,[64]

creating programs such as

Head Start,

food stamps,

Work Study,

Medicare

and Medicaid, which still exist today.

“I’ll have those n**-gers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

- Lyndon B. Johnson

We've raised two generations of lowlifes.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42947 Nov 18, 2012
Black Caucus:

Whites Not Allowed

By JOSEPHINE HEARN

| 1/22/07 1:01 PM EDT

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year:

If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans.

He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

"I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in the Memphis district.

"It's their caucus and they do things their way.

You don't force your way in.

You need to be invited."

Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African-American."

Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.

"Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer....

It's time to move on,"

the younger Clay said.

"It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."

Whites Not Allowed
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42948 Nov 18, 2012
"Dan the Man"

sez

Oh, I understand completely.

Obviously you can repeat the same stereotypical generalizations and racial bigotry any number of ways, but that won't change what it is.

When you take the characteristics of a few individuals and apply them to an entire race, that's racial stereotyping.

When you use a broad brush to smear an entire race, it's bigotry.

Like all Americans, African Americans voted for the candidate whose policies they liked and who appealed to their interests.

That's how people vote, and there's no rational reason to believe the black community voted on any other basis.

That's how you voted, right?

Or did you vote for the white guy because you're white?

Congressional Black Caucus Chairman Admits Obama’s Blackness Trumps His Failed Record

Considering the caucus’ history, it’s shocking CBC Chairman Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver admitted to the Root the CBC has been reluctant to criticize President Obama because he’s black.

Never mind black unemployment under Obama for the past three years has been nearly double the national average and hit a record high of 16% in 2011.

Black unemployment hasn’t been that high since 1984.

I guess Cleaver also isn’t concerned black wealth has also plummeted under Obama.

According to Pew Research Center, the average black family’s wealth is about $5,600 compared with $113,000 for whites.

According to Cleaver,“pride” about the president’s blackness trumps any concerns over current 14% black unemployment for members of the CBC.

Cleaver said “if we had a white president we'd be marching around the White House.”

//////////

Obviously you can repeat the same stereotypical generalizations and racial bigotry any number of ways, but that won't change what it is.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42949 Nov 18, 2012
Black Caucus:

Whites Not Allowed

//////////

"Dan the Man"

sez

bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#42950 Nov 18, 2012
One position the congressional con party wont take in negations is any the racist warrior tea bag wants is the tea bag agenda. He will blame president Obama for the decisions of Johny boner and Mitch mccon artist. He has a blame the black king president Obama which must be protected at all cost.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#42951 Nov 18, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
One position the congressional con party wont take in negations is any the racist warrior tea bag wants is the tea bag agenda. He will blame president Obama for the decisions of Johny boner and Mitch mccon artist. He has a blame the black king president Obama which must be protected at all cost.

Black Caucus:

Whites Not Allowed

the black king
jujubean

Butler, PA

#42952 Nov 18, 2012
i came to america legally. Why do so many hate me ?
many think i came illegally. they call themselves republicans. i dont like them much. they have hatred in their souls
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#42953 Nov 18, 2012
You keep believing that but Mitch mccon artist and Johny boner wont say that. Tea bag congressional leader wont say what you want as they know saying that can only help president Obama. You do want your tea bags to have any kind of congressional survival, don't you boy? You should be worried about Mrs Clinton
lifes a beach

Myerstown, PA

#42954 Nov 18, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
You can take it any way you want racist warrior tea bag. The bottom line is the back man won and your white boy lost, dumb ass. Didn't that happen in 08 as well? You need start posting with twice the racial hating anger, boy. You can't do a dam thing but cry over spilled milk which is the only thing you do well, Marisa train you?
Actually if half the country loses we all lose you idiot. The problem with people like you is your "us" vs. "them" attitude- that's not how America should be, we should be working together to reduce the national debt not fighting each other over the scraps that are being left behind. I would love to hear from the Obama supporters their take on the fiscal policy proposals by Obama and how they actually think any of this is really going to work...Most are so focused on gloating and "winning" that they have no idea they just won a continuance of the past 4 years of a limping broken economy...
bobby64

Indian Trail, NC

#42955 Nov 18, 2012
Beach, you tea bags lost, not america dumb ass. Every election has it's consequences which happens to be no war on woman's vagina rights, you want your version of religion you keep that but i don't give a dam about your version of god. You tea bags declared war on every voting block except old white men and you still have yet to figure out why president Obama won. I can find common ground with my uncle who is a Reagan republican and tea bags don't come close to the gipper and never will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grace mcguire (Feb '13) Nov '14 Gary Pelphrey 4
Apartment Hunting Sep '14 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed... 1
Loretto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 am PST

NBC Sports 9:09AM