Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#3610 Dec 28, 2012
Jackson's remarkable run at EPA

Jackson, the first African-American to head that agency, announced Thursday that she will be stepping down from the EPA after the first of the year, paving the way for a successor to take over energy policy point person during President Obama's second term.
Jackson's departure won't generate the same flurry of political speculation that other high-profile changes, such as Hillary Clinton leaving the State Department, have created. Yet make no mistake, Jackson will be missed by all true friends of the environment, because of her stern independence, her unflinching efforts to combat carbon pollution and her determination to curb global warming.

One would think, given all the weather-related upheaval we've been through in the past two years, that global climate change might no longer be a matter of dispute. And yet it is, especially among some Republican lawmakers who have a difficult time accepting even basic scientific concepts. This, of course, put them on a collision course with Jackson...

Indeed, Jackson's record at the EPA will be remembered for the right reasons: helping to finalize a historic new rule doubling fuel-efficiency standards for cars and light trucks by 2025 — based on Jackson's so-called "endangerment finding" regarding carbon dioxide and climate change — and fighting hard to establish new standards that force power plants to control mercury, arsenic and other airborne toxic pollutants. And, perhaps more than any predecessor, Jackson tried to make the impact of industrial pollution on low-income neighborhoods a priority.

----------

Thank you Ms. Jackson for a job well-done.

Since: Oct 12

West Mifflin, Pa

#3613 Dec 28, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
Jackson's remarkable run at EPA
Jackson, the first African-American to head that agency, announced Thursday that she will be stepping down from the EPA after the first of the year, paving the way for a successor to take over energy policy point person during President Obama's second term.
Jackson's departure won't generate the same flurry of political speculation that other high-profile changes, such as Hillary Clinton leaving the State Department, have created. Yet make no mistake, Jackson will be missed by all true friends of the environment, because of her stern independence, her unflinching efforts to combat carbon pollution and her determination to curb global warming.
One would think, given all the weather-related upheaval we've been through in the past two years, that global climate change might no longer be a matter of dispute. And yet it is, especially among some Republican lawmakers who have a difficult time accepting even basic scientific concepts. This, of course, put them on a collision course with Jackson...
Indeed, Jackson's record at the EPA will be remembered for the right reasons: helping to finalize a historic new rule doubling fuel-efficiency standards for cars and light trucks by 2025 — based on Jackson's so-called "endangerment finding" regarding carbon dioxide and climate change — and fighting hard to establish new standards that force power plants to control mercury, arsenic and other airborne toxic pollutants. And, perhaps more than any predecessor, Jackson tried to make the impact of industrial pollution on low-income neighborhoods a priority.
----------
Thank you Ms. Jackson for a job well-done.
Horner and CEI earlier this year had sued the EPA for documents pertaining to Jackson’s use of alias email accounts. She was said to operate under the name “Richard Windsor”— the use of those accounts has since drawn the scrutiny of Congress, as well as triggered an audit by the EPA inspector general.

According to court documents, the EPA — represented by the Justice Department — two weeks ago agreed to release as many as 12,000 emails pertaining to the CEI request beginning by Jan. 14, at a rate of 3,000 documents per month. The court accepted the schedule last week.

Horner said the increased scrutiny on the alias account, coupled with what those emails might contain regarding the administration’s alleged “war on coal,” likely contributed to Jackson’s announcement Thursday.

“She, by her action, told us that these are records she doesn’t want the people to see,” Horner said.
-----

Ms. Jackson run an agency that issued job-killing regulations, good riddance.
Dan the Man

Reading, PA

#3615 Dec 28, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
Just like your COMMUNIST black messiah!
LOL! Could it be any more clear that TaxNoMore is a racist pile of steaming shit?
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#3617 Dec 28, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Could it be any more clear that TaxNoMore is a racist pile of steaming shit?
But he plays basketball with a black friend on the weekends, of course he seems to spends all hours posting here so I don't know when he finds the time.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

#3618 Dec 28, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you didn't see that I was here on Christmas. You saw one of your fellow DTMDS sufferers.
And don't try to pretend you have friends. We all know you don't. All you are is a pathetic Topix troll whose only purpose in life is to mock your moral and intellectual superiors.
You are a sad, pathetic loser who only finds meaning by naming yourself after me and desperately seeking my attention.
danny BOY--the proven plagiarist, racist and pathological liar--once AGAIN chest thumping as a "moral and intellectual superior(s)"!

!LOL!

Psst, BOY, honest people feel no need to constantly remind others of their honesty--as you do. That's what LIARS do, danny. Your incessant claims to honesty are as believable as a prisoner's claim to innocence.

You are a pathetic Topix troll and a sad, pathetic loser, BOY.

So what's new.
Marvelous Marvin

Chambersburg, PA

#3623 Dec 28, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
But he plays basketball with a black friend on the weekends, of course he seems to spends all hours posting here so I don't know when he finds the time.
Isn't it odd how this "Really" character only shows up to talk/defend to DTM? And it's once in a blue moon. Do you suppose he is also one od DTM'S alter egos? Kind of looks that way.
Marvelous Marvin

Chambersburg, PA

#3624 Dec 28, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
WHAT THE FREAK..
MOCK bashing NO LIFERS..REALLY People... BTW..this thread is soooooo old..2010..
can we have an updated thread here pleeeeease..of course..this is the thread I found my True Love..Semper Fi..this is WHERE we met and sadly, THIS is WHERE he remained.
a legend in his own head, INDEED!!..
Are you talking about Dan the Man? He's a legend in his own head. No I'm wrong on that. You said he was a U.S. Marine. That doen't fit DTM st all. To be a marine, one must have courage, strength, love of country, intelligence, and fortitude. DTM posesses done of these, no liberal does. They are weak kneed cowards that are only cabable of shooting their mouth off. Guns frighten them.
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

#3626 Dec 28, 2012
Marvelous Marvin wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it odd how this "Really" character only shows up to talk/defend to DTM? And it's once in a blue moon. Do you suppose he is also one od DTM'S alter egos? Kind of looks that way.
Yeah; what "Marvin" said.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#3629 Dec 28, 2012
Sweet!

I just got my free new iPhone 8!

Thanks, time traveling Obama!

Took it right out of TaxNoMore's stocking!

Nehwon

#3631 Dec 28, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet!
President Barack Obama issued an executive order to end the pay freeze on federal employees, in effect giving some federal workers a raise.
One federal worker now to receive a pay increase is Vice President Joe Biden.
fiscal cliff?
Aaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ha,ha
How does that "job creator" mantra go? You need to pay to retain talent?

Why you commie, TaxNoMore?

Nehwon

#3636 Dec 28, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
"The American people are watching what we do here.
Obviously, their patience is already thin.
It's déjà vu all over again," Obama added.
"The American people are not going to have any patience for a politically self inflicted wound to our economy."
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-s...
Oh my. You have convinced me. No more money for a government employee.

That should be redirected to bail out a CEO's contractual bonus. We need to retain free market C level talent so they can fail again because they have experience!

But keep on striving there, TaxNoMore. One day, you'll be rewarded for your hard work. You did attend the right schools and joined the right clubs, right? It's only a matter of time!
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

#3637 Dec 29, 2012
TaxNoMore wrote:
"The American people are watching what we do here.
Obviously, their patience is already thin.
It's déjà vu all over again," Obama added.
"The American people are not going to have any patience for a politically self inflicted wound to our economy."
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-s...
And he's an uppity black!

Nehwon

#3638 Dec 29, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, TaxNoMore Johnson, in his authentic frontier gibberish tried to warn us all...

Father Time

Chambersburg, PA

#3639 Dec 29, 2012
A new year is upon us.....

A Happy Healthy One For All

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#3644 Dec 29, 2012
Santa wrote:
Santa loves Hawaii too just like Hussein Obama
18 vacations and counting more that both Bush's
False.

----------

Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.
In 2005, the Washington Post noted President Bush’s frequent vacations in a piece titled Vacationing Bush Poised to Set a Record as Bush took the longest single vacation — 5 weeks — of any President in 36 years.

President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California.

Chambersburg, PA

#3645 Dec 29, 2012
Marisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that - the piece of shit troll is a racist too.

Big surprise.
Dan the Man Chambersburg

Chambersburg, PA

#3646 Dec 29, 2012
greymouser wrote:
Sweet!
I just got my free new iPhone 8!
Thanks, time traveling Obama!
Took it right out of TaxNoMore's stocking!
And Obama gots me a new kitchen!

Chambersburg, PA

#3647 Dec 29, 2012
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>And Obama gots me a new kitchen!
If we're lucky, a case of Dan the Man Derangement Syndrome this serious might be terminal. LOL!
TaxNoMore

Baltimore, MD

#3648 Dec 29, 2012
I'm just doing what I do best....stealing others property and being a loser..
bobby 6464

Chambersburg, PA

#3649 Dec 29, 2012
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
If we're lucky, a case of Dan the Man Derangement Syndrome this serious might be terminal. LOL!
theres all kind od weird derangement syndromes not just dtm. We gots marisa derangemenr and we gots me and we gots marvelous marvin derangement syndfome. we gots someone here who steels names. thats the real derangment person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grace mcguire (Feb '13) Nov '14 Gary Pelphrey 4
Apartment Hunting Sep '14 Jima 1
Nellie Lou Esworthy Aug '14 MARIANNE DUBOIS-Z... 1
Woman accused of having sex with boy Aug '14 no sex 1
celebrities phone numbers (Mar '08) Apr '14 CJ Robertson 16
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Oct '13 Concerned 17
Pennsylvania: accused Franciscan friar commits ... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Fictional Shamed... 1
Loretto Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Loretto People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Loretto News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Loretto

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:09 am PST

NFL11:09AM