mark mattingly loretto fire chief

mark mattingly loretto fire chief

Posted in the Loretto Forum

THE MAN

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 25, 2009
THIS MAN LOVES TO CRITICISE ALL OF THE OTHER FIRE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES IN MARION COUNTY. HE HAS IT COMING TO HIM AS SOON AS WE CATCH HIM OUT. HE USES THE FIRE DEPARTMENTS CAR FOR HIS PERSONAL USE AND THE REPAIRS AND GAS IS PAID FOR BY THE FIRE DEPARTMENT. UNIT 3151 MADE THIS COMMENT TO ME TWO DAYS AGO IN FOODLAND. MARK USED TO BE A GREAT ALL AROUND GUY BUT NOW THAT HE IS THE CHIEF HE HAS GOTTEN VERY " BIG HEADED " HE WILL SOON BE OVERTHROWN
who cares

United States

#2 Jan 26, 2009
New Hope is no better they use there fire department car all the time i have seen it in Lebanon, Loretto, Holy Cross, do I need to say more. Maybe your just sad becouse your not a fire chief. and it take a realy man to post it on topix go say it to his face. Mark is way better them Joe was. So stop crying. If you are THE MAN u are acting like a pussy, becouse us said WE why don't you do it yourself.
Honest and HardWorking

Coxs Creek, KY

#3 Jan 26, 2009
Mark Mattingly is honest and hardworking. He goes by the book. If he sees something that is wrong, he will make sure things are done right and corrected. We need more people like him. Mark has a big heart. He puts alot of time into the Loretto Fire Department. And his salary is $0.00. Remember people this is volunteer. I would not blame him and the Loretto fireman if they decided to quit. These gentleman and Lady dedicate their time and spirit into protected Loretto. Regardless if it is zero degrees or 100 degrees these people are protecting the city of Loretto. Wake up Loretto and everybody, if it was not for these people, who would protect your homes, and/or your son or daughter if they was in an auto accident. These firemen and firewoman gets zero salary and putting their life on the line for you. New Hope, start doing things by the book and stop burning the tires off the fire department vehicles. I bet the Hew Hope community apppreciate that, their tax dollars paying for tires that one of the fireman is showing off in... For Mark driving the crusier, he is the chief. He has save alot of time and money of going to runs without getting out one of the bigger trucks. Before you bitch and complain, get your sorry ass out and dedicate your time and protect your community for nothing. ***Loretto Fire Chief and staff, you Rock. Thank God for big hearted people like you...
loretta boi

Coxs Creek, KY

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Who in the hell do u think u r. on every single topic. a guy so called the MAN thats bull shit. so wat u call your self a man because u run your mouth about other people. that aint no man thats jus an immature lil boy. and if you knew all the arrins and shit that mark has to go thru jus to keep the loretto fire dept. going and no the repairs do not come from the fire dept. money it coms out of his pocket!!!! and so does the gas money coms straight out of his pocket. so who ever the MAN is needs to quit bein an ass whole and quit runnin that mouth all the time cus whats comin out of your mouth is wrong.
Joshua Ballard - 3151

Leitchfield, KY

#5 Jan 26, 2009
When I was told about this entry on topix.com , i was outraged. I am 3151. How dare "The Man" use my unit number. What you have said is completely false. For starters, two days ago would be saturday. Which was my day off. So explain that one. But since you know i work there. I'll tell you that i work this tuesday night and this friday night if you want to show me who you are. Obviously you are a firefighter because you used my unit number.
People like you disgust me. You are in this profession for all the wrong reasons. You take an oath when you join a department. The public calls YOU in their desperate hour. And THIS is how you behave? Absolutely childish.
The Loretto Fire Department has some of the best personell and equipment in the state. With these two elements combined, we provide top notch emergency response to our community. In 2007 we had almost 90 runs. Everything from car wrecks and house fires to search & rescues and gas leaks. The Loretto Fire Department was there.
As you can see, I take great pride in my department because I know "firefighters" like you would never be allowed to join. Maybe that is why you are so angry? We are professionals that help our own neighbors in their time of need. That is something I am certainly proud of.
Although no department is souly dependent on a single man. Providing this service certainly requires leadership. Mark has put more of his personal time and money into this department then all our other members combined. And it is definitely evident of the progress being made.
I will see you at foodland "THE MAN"
Annoyed

Lexington, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Yes, I also agree that Mark Mattingly does a excellent job. Mark is a wonderful person that cares about the community. However I don't agree with the comment about Joe. Joe gave years to the fire dept and also never received a dime. We should be grateful that someone cared enough to give their time to save a home or maybe someones life. Joe is a great person, leave him out of your disputes.
Disgusted

Coxs Creek, KY

#7 Jan 27, 2009
Joe is a good person. People need to watch their mouths. Besides people telling bits and pieces, THEY need to find out the whole story. The whole story usually makes sense and makes reason. THE MAN needs to get a life. The way he drives stupid he will cost his own life or someone elses. And, you call yourself a firefighter..
Travis 3131

Lexington, KY

#8 Jan 27, 2009
To THE MAN After reading your little spill on Mark Mattingly I was Appauled in many ways. First who are you to critisise a fire chief for whom you havent been honored to serve under. You judge on hesr say and false facts. The chief and the department as a whole has no issues and can back what you say as a petty, childish rumors. Second of all if you feel these rumors are real, please take the time from your and go to Loretto city council meeting and discuss your issues like an adult. Going around on the internet and back stabbing dosnt count as an adult action. Third and most inportant. Firefighting is a btotherhood, if you was a fireman you would understand what Im about to say. We all serve together, we may night agree on everything and be bestfriends with everyone at the station. But when the call comes in we are one great family working together to help our community. We volunteer out time and life to help people like you. Only to hear on the internet the appreciation we really get. So if you can do better please volunteer your time. If not support your local volunteer and paid fire departments and SHUT UP
the man

Cynthiana, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2009
im not a fireman im a lebanon police officer
loretto firefighter

Lexington, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2009
that is sad.if you are a cop? and you call your self the man, the job has gone to your head,and you shouldn't be a police man.its fear to say you must of got beat up a lot in school.so now this is your way to become THE MAN....you said criticse people,what are you doing? you said big headed, thats true he's got a big head.but not as BIG as yours, a bage and a gun doesn't make you GOD.so don't judge Mark until you walk in his shoes.. Hes done the best volunteer he can do......And as a friend hes a good one of them to.I no hes got my backs.So i got his......
lvfd friend

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2009
mark did a great job with the shelter in loretto. thanks to mark and all of the other firefighters in loretto for a job well done
loretto 3133

Greensburg, KY

#12 Feb 3, 2009
I agree i stopped by and told Mark that he has done one hell of a job with the shelter and also with the clean up of loretto, People dont realize how much time Mark and the other firefighters put into this community i have been on this Department for 15 years now and i am damn proud of this Dept. and the firefighters on it i think we do one hell of a job.And as far as Joe goes leave him the hell alone he put 23 years as chief,i think that alone deserves some reconition. So who ever the man is needs to shut there mouth.
Proud of the LFD

Trinity, TX

#13 Feb 24, 2009
The Man you say that your a cop but your wrong on that cause we the Loretto Community know who you are. You think by hiding behind a so call badge is mak'n you the man PLEASE little boy we are sooo laugh'n at you. You are sooo freak'n jealous of Fire Chief Mark & The Loretto FireFighters that you can't be half the man these guys are. So The Man aka little boy grow the hell up. AND TO THE LORETTO FIRE DEPT. I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR TAK'N THE TIME OUT OF YOUR LIVES TO TAKE CARE OF OURS. DUR'N THE ICE STORM I NEEDED YOU AND YOU WAS THERE JUST IN MATTER OF MINUTES GOD BLESS FOR EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU. AGAIN THANK YOU & GOD BLESS KEEP SAFE!!!

“:)”

Since: Feb 09

Clarkson, KY

#14 Feb 24, 2009
yea, once i know of someone that WAS on the loretto fd and asked if their girlfriend could join in on the volunteer firefighters. They wouldnt let her. Now, call me crazy, but isnt that sexist?
:|
confuseeed.
Curious

Owensboro, KY

#15 May 19, 2009
There is a female firefighter, actually.
Mourning in Marion

Lexington, KY

#16 Jun 14, 2010
For all of you who don't already know, our beloved Chief Mark passed away today from a massive heart attaack! Goes only to prove the point, God only takes the best. RIP Mark, you will be greatly missed and forever in our hearts! Go with God and be with your Daddy.
ems worker

Edmonton, KY

#17 Jun 15, 2010
RIP chief mattingly...........i personally knew mark well and worked with him in ems and fire services and if anyone has given his life for his community and fellow people it was mark. he busted his ass and went whole hearted at everything he did.....mark go with god my friend, and get the peace and rest u have earned....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sammyjo 4 hr foolish 1
Recallable nickle 8 hr Board member 6
brandy meredith 8 hr Considering 6
Stevie Lowry and The Enterprise is a Joke! 8 hr B bond 2
charles lee hardesty 9 hr WhatHappened 2
tabitha wren (May '15) 10 hr i know 39
Temporary work services 10 hr Tia 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loretto Mortgages