School Board Meeting
its

Lebanon, KY

#68 Jun 14, 2013
Eddie wrote:
I think that the board members should:
1. Have a child in the school system or at least 2 years out.
2. Have children in the first place.
3. Listen to who they represent, not get on a soapbox. It should be for the good of the people.
4. The board members should not have that much power.
its sad we may get a super based on her looks and friends in there, not based on what the kids need because if it was based on that we would still have Chuck
parent

United States

#69 Jun 15, 2013
its wrote:
<quoted text>its sad we may get a super based on her looks and friends in there, not based on what the kids need because if it was based on that we would still have Chuck
And just what was he doing for our kids exactly? Can't think of 1 thing he was trying to do.
needs

Madisonville, KY

#70 Jun 15, 2013
Eddie wrote:
I think that the board members should:
1. Have a child in the school system or at least 2 years out.
2. Have children in the first place.
3. Listen to who they represent, not get on a soapbox. It should be for the good of the people.
4. The board members should not have that much power.
Schools instruct our children on a wide array of subjects to prepare them to be productive self sufficient citizens as adults. That means post graduation getting a job that requires skill sets.
1. Elect at least BOE member that has corporate personnel manager experience who will eventually hire our children
2. Similarly, in the world of finance and banking
3. Elect at least one expeienced as an educator
4. One who has children in the public school system.

I say this because more emphasis needs to be placed on common sense reading, writing, math, and communication skills. Others have said less sports and more time in the classroom which I totally agree. American businesses are hiring too many foreigners out of need because of the huge disconnect between our far too liberal educational system and real world business. The USA ranks in education between 24 to 27th in the world which is disgraceful. KY is near the bottom so there is way too much we as a nation aren't doing right. Either we correct it or continue being behind the rest of the world.
whos

Lebanon, KY

#71 Jun 15, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what was he doing for our kids exactly? Can't think of 1 thing he was trying to do.
plenty, you must not have been paying any attention to say that or don't believe in equal rights for all, and where were you at that you didn't know what he was doing?
parent

Elizabethtown, KY

#72 Jun 16, 2013
whos wrote:
<quoted text>plenty, you must not have been paying any attention to say that or don't believe in equal rights for all, and where were you at that you didn't know what he was doing?
Ok...still couldn't answer the question?
bored

Mammoth Cave, KY

#73 Jun 16, 2013
board has two jobs, approve the budget and hire the Supt. that is it, running the school in not they job!!

Site based or Supt. hires ever body else!!
intheknow

Elizabethtown, KY

#74 Jun 16, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok...still couldn't answer the question?
He was instrumental in creating the high school at the tech center for at risk students, one school became a school to watch under his tenure. This is just in 2 years, Marcum was here ten (or more), can you list what he did in that decade?
Joke

Flemingsburg, KY

#75 Jun 16, 2013
Are you serious the a5 school led by Eric King a success?

Schools to Watch was started before he Hamilton got the super job.
steven

Lebanon, KY

#76 Jun 16, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
he attended all kinds of things to do with schools, he did a mock shooting disaster and where were you at when he was doing things, winking your eye and knodding your head at people as normal!
lets

Lebanon, KY

#77 Jun 16, 2013
bored wrote:
board has two jobs, approve the budget and hire the Supt. that is it, running the school in not they job!!
Site based or Supt. hires ever body else!!
well they sure no how to get people to leave too, awful friendly to someone everyone knows wants the job
only

Lebanon, KY

#78 Jun 16, 2013
Joke wrote:
Are you serious the a5 school led by Eric King a success?
Schools to Watch was started before he Hamilton got the super job.
the joke will be the new super, i guess smith didnt do anything right either, it sounds like to me you all want schlosser in the seat to
parent

Chicago, IL

#79 Jun 17, 2013
steven wrote:
<quoted text>he attended all kinds of things to do with schools, he did a mock shooting disaster and where were you at when he was doing things, winking your eye and knodding your head at people as normal!
So, he went to school stuff...ok, I do that! Not really leading Marion county to great achievements.
wsnt me

Paris, TN

#80 Jun 18, 2013
Chuck Hamilton took the time to talk to my daughter and explain the pros and cons of staying in school, home school or alternative and convinced her to stay in school and she graduated this past year. When ever we see him out and about, he acknowledges us instead of looking the other way like we don't exist. If I walk into the highschool where my children go and I smile he greets me back, not like we're beneath him.
It is a shame

Madisonville, KY

#81 Jun 19, 2013
wsnt me wrote:
Chuck Hamilton took the time to talk to my daughter and explain the pros and cons of staying in school, home school or alternative and convinced her to stay in school and she graduated this past year. When ever we see him out and about, he acknowledges us instead of looking the other way like we don't exist. If I walk into the highschool where my children go and I smile he greets me back, not like we're beneath him.
Marion County is going to miss Chuck, but its the students who really loose. While the the parents and board of education argue the students fall behind in the world waiting for a second rate replacement who won't begin to measure up to Mr. Hamilton. It's all a shame.
Same

Winchester, KY

#82 Jun 19, 2013
It will be the same. She had masterminded all of this and will continue to manipulate and control. Just wait while it unfolds.
its

Lebanon, KY

#83 Jun 20, 2013
Same wrote:
It will be the same. She had masterminded all of this and will continue to manipulate and control. Just wait while it unfolds.
and watch the complaints come in ,yes looks like she will; mr. hall wouldn't have a problem picking her now would he
no back bone

Shepherdsville, KY

#84 Jun 20, 2013
chuck was a big chicken shit
bored

Lexington, KY

#85 Jun 20, 2013
they got rid of chuck, now the want to get rid of the school nurses, who will be next, the bus drivers!!
acer

Lebanon, KY

#86 Jun 21, 2013
bored wrote:
they got rid of chuck, now the want to get rid of the school nurses, who will be next, the bus drivers!!
well wat do you expect fairness once hes gone? It will go her way only or how certain ones want it this could be a 'great' idea an well those ideas always lack something
exactly

Lebanon, KY

#87 Jun 23, 2013
acer wrote:
<quoted text>well wat do you expect fairness once hes gone? It will go her way only or how certain ones want it this could be a 'great' idea an well those ideas always lack something
look in enterprise they want a super fill in we all knew that was coming, any guesses on who she will be?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla!! 26 min the real lexi 34
WTF is wrong with people (Aug '16) 32 min Thatsright 7
Don Franklin Lebanon 8 hr Auto helper 2
Judge David Daugherty 10 hr China numba quann 56
White trailblazer 21 hr Man 1
Springfield resivor Fri Mrs carter 1
chasers Fri educator 6

Loretto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance