First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Joke

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 13, 2013
If the teams are divided equal as they say they are every team should be represented in all stars! This county is all about who you know & will always be years behind others as long as this buddy system stays in place!!
baseball fn

Greensburg, KY

#2 Jun 13, 2013
it's more about the coaches winning then the kid. It is not fair that some teams have all the good players and a couple teams get kids that have never played before. All teams should be equally divided. I agree if the teams are divided equal there should be same amount of allstars from each team. What are we teaching the children win at all cost even if you have to cheat.
yes

Lebanon, KY

#3 Jun 14, 2013
baseball fn wrote:
it's more about the coaches winning then the kid. It is not fair that some teams have all the good players and a couple teams get kids that have never played before. All teams should be equally divided. I agree if the teams are divided equal there should be same amount of allstars from each team. What are we teaching the children win at all cost even if you have to cheat.
yes
that

Lebanon, KY

#4 Jun 14, 2013
A Joke wrote:
If the teams are divided equal as they say they are every team should be represented in all stars! This county is all about who you know & will always be years behind others as long as this buddy system stays in place!!
it will stay in place they are making sure of it,thats y everyone knows who the new super is going to be
It is a big joke

Lebanon, KY

#5 Jun 14, 2013
How is it that the team that came in runner up turning the tournament does not have a single player on All Stars? Makes no sense to me, and when asked why this happen there was no answer to be given just a bunch of excuses.
Coach

Greensburg, KY

#6 Jun 15, 2013
When was the last time any of you above went out in the yard and threw with your kid? You who dont want your kid to be the best without any effort! Stop whining and get in the backyard with your kid and you will see results! I cant teach a kid how to catch a ball in a few limited practices but you can!
Coach

Greensburg, KY

#7 Jun 15, 2013
that wrote:
<quoted text>it will stay in place they are making sure of it,thats y everyone knows who the new super is going to be
Who exactly is THEY? What you dont understand is the KIDS vote and the coaches also. When the votes are counted you then have the all stars. If your kid did not make it was because he or she did not have enough votes! Get in the backyard and quit griping! You are probally one of the parents whos kid dont know the game because (YOU) didnt take the time to teach them!
Mom

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Coach wrote:
<quoted text> Who exactly is THEY? What you dont understand is the KIDS vote and the coaches also. When the votes are counted you then have the all stars. If your kid did not make it was because he or she did not have enough votes! Get in the backyard and quit griping! You are probally one of the parents whos kid dont know the game because (YOU) didnt take the time to teach them!
That may be true for some of these kids but its not the case with all of them. We practice with our son, he shows up to every game, every practice. That should count as well. This has been a horrible baseball season. Not because of the players but because of the coaches. All the fighting and cussing these men should be ashamed. And it's hilarious that most of the players are coaches kids and you expect the people to believe its not about "your status" or who you know ok. Yeah right. I think next year is going to be really bad because we're not going to have enough to even have a league in Lebanon. The dads that are coaches shouldn't even get a vote because of course they are going to vote for their kid. It's a sad day in baseball because this is not how the game is supposed to be played. I know several boys who should've been on Allstars bedsides the ones that were picked. And yes they are very good players!
fred

United States

#9 Jun 15, 2013
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>That may be true for some of these kids but its not the case with all of them. We practice with our son, he shows up to every game, every practice. That should count as well. This has been a horrible baseball season. Not because of the players but because of the coaches. All the fighting and cussing these men should be ashamed. And it's hilarious that most of the players are coaches kids and you expect the people to believe its not about "your status" or who you know ok. Yeah right. I think next year is going to be really bad because we're not going to have enough to even have a league in Lebanon. The dads that are coaches shouldn't even get a vote because of course they are going to vote for their kid. It's a sad day in baseball because this is not how the game is supposed to be played. I know several boys who should've been on Allstars bedsides the ones that were picked. And yes they are very good players!
I agree with this statement. This might the most truthful statement ever put on this site. I wanted to know how a child that is in a cast for most of the year made 11-12 yr old all-star? I mean no ill will towards that child (he may very well have qualified for all-stars), but i believe theres a little league rule that a child has to play 70% of the games to be eligible for all-stars. I guess I could spend a bunch of money and go to Danville, so my child can play ball.
Check it out

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2013
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this statement. This might the most truthful statement ever put on this site. I wanted to know how a child that is in a cast for most of the year made 11-12 yr old all-star? I mean no ill will towards that child (he may very well have qualified for all-stars), but i believe theres a little league rule that a child has to play 70% of the games to be eligible for all-stars. I guess I could spend a bunch of money and go to Danville, so my child can play ball.
Your sadly mistaken it you don't believe things like this don't go on in Danville as well as any other town.
Check it out

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2013
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true for some of these kids but its not the case with all of them. We practice with our son, he shows up to every game, every practice. That should count as well. This has been a horrible baseball season. Not because of the players but because of the coaches. All the fighting and cussing these men should be ashamed. And it's hilarious that most of the players are coaches kids and you expect the people to believe its not about "your status" or who you know ok. Yeah right. I think next year is going to be really bad because we're not going to have enough to even have a league in Lebanon. The dads that are coaches shouldn't even get a vote because of course they are going to vote for their kid. It's a sad day in baseball because this is not how the game is supposed to be played. I know several boys who should've been on Allstars bedsides the ones that were picked. And yes they are very good players!
Just because you practice with your son, and he shows up for practice, doesn't give him the right to be on an ALL-STAR team. That's the problem we have today. Everyone thinks little Johnny is the best and he should be the star. Maybe little Johnny still sucks. I don't know about the league in Lebanon but most leagues will not let a coach or players vote for kids on their own team just to make sure they are impartial.
fred

United States

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Check it out wrote:
<quoted text>Your sadly mistaken it you don't believe things like this don't go on in Danville as well as any other town.
No I am talking spending a lot of money to play on a team.
Check it out

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Jun 15, 2013
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am talking spending a lot of money to play on a team.
If your talking about Paul Morse baseball academy, then yes it will cost you. Also your child will have to try out to make the traveling teams. Just because you have money, doesn't mean he will make it. Oh and if he is good enough, they will come ask you to let him play for them. I know kids who have went thru his system.
Mom

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Jun 15, 2013
Check it out wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you practice with your son, and he shows up for practice, doesn't give him the right to be on an ALL-STAR team. That's the problem we have today. Everyone thinks little Johnny is the best and he should be the star. Maybe little Johnny still sucks. I don't know about the league in Lebanon but most leagues will not let a coach or players vote for kids on their own team just to make sure they are impartial.
I never said my child was the best nor did I say he was the worst. I was speaking in general. A child can be the best player ever but if he doesn't show up for games then what's the point in choosing that child for Allstars? If their not going to show up then that's no good for the team. Lebanon does allow coaches and players to vote for their own players. And even if they didn't the coaches are all friends so their kids get the votes anyways. All I'm trying to get across is that a lot of people are angry because of all the bickering and fighting going on this year. Our boys just wanna play ball and with the coaches attitudes like they were this year a lot are not gonna play next year. And by the way my child is actually a very good ball player!
fred

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2013
So by rules of the little organization a child has to play in at least 60% of the games. If a they don't they are not eligible to be on an all-star.
Volunteer

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Jun 16, 2013
For those that my not be correctly informed:
There is a new rule this year that excuses the 60% games played requirement if a child has a doctors note. For the child in question he would have made the all star team ten times over if not for the injury that occurred mid season. I, for one , think that the best kids are always chosen and it works out the right way 99.9% of the time. The votes made by the players themselves even match the coaches votes. Why penalize a 12 year old kid just because he got hurt?? If you are suggesting that then you may want to lo hard at your reasoning behind it.
For those that seem to think its all political or controlled by the coaches, then maybe you should volunteer to coach. This year we had to pull arms and legs to get people to step up to volunteer.
ungrateful

Mount Ida, AR

#17 Jun 16, 2013
It is a benefit of volunteering your time to vote for your kid. Those of you that are constantly bitching should volunteer your time and sometimes money to a team of kids who can not help how their parents act.
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true for some of these kids but its not the case with all of them. We practice with our son, he shows up to every game, every practice. That should count as well. This has been a horrible baseball season. Not because of the players but because of the coaches. All the fighting and cussing these men should be ashamed. And it's hilarious that most of the players are coaches kids and you expect the people to believe its not about "your status" or who you know ok. Yeah right. I think next year is going to be really bad because we're not going to have enough to even have a league in Lebanon. The dads that are coaches shouldn't even get a vote because of course they are going to vote for their kid. It's a sad day in baseball because this is not how the game is supposed to be played. I know several boys who should've been on Allstars bedsides the ones that were picked. And yes they are very good players!
fred

Greensburg, KY

#18 Jun 16, 2013
Volunteer wrote:
For those that my not be correctly informed:
There is a new rule this year that excuses the 60% games played requirement if a child has a doctors note. For the child in question he would have made the all star team ten times over if not for the injury that occurred mid season. I, for one , think that the best kids are always chosen and it works out the right way 99.9% of the time. The votes made by the players themselves even match the coaches votes. Why penalize a 12 year old kid just because he got hurt?? If you are suggesting that then you may want to lo hard at your reasoning behind it.
For those that seem to think its all political or controlled by the coaches, then maybe you should volunteer to coach. This year we had to pull arms and legs to get people to step up to volunteer.
I wasn't talking about this child, but the one that miss many games by not showing up and his team had to either forfeit or find another player.
Speaking of the child with the doctor note, I am assuming the league sent the request for a waiver to Charter Committee in Williamsport to allow him to be considered for selection to the Tournament Team by June 8th.
Also, I have volunteer/ coach for several in the past. I know how this works. Where in the past where an umpire can be a head coach too. Plus, he a co-president of the board on paper. So he can still coach the all-star team. Which is another illegal guideline by little league. But, there is no politics or such controlling actions by coaches.
You wonder why it was a hard time to find people this year to help. You should wonder why there was such of low number of kids to signed up
LetTheKidsPlay

Buffalo, TX

#19 Jun 17, 2013
I'm sure the same person who started this thread was the individual ( for lack of a better word) who was yelling "bullsh*t" outloud at the coaches during the award ceremony last week. How embarrassing for you and whoever you were cheering for. If you have an issue with the way things are run then take it up with a coach after the game. Not while their are 50 kids standing around waiting for their awards. Grow the hell up and have some class about you. What are you teaching these kids? Sportsmanship or how to look like an idiot in public...
Facts

Greensburg, KY

#20 Jun 17, 2013
Apperantly the team that finished 2nd coach should be the All-Star coach considering he done that good without a All-Star.Sportsmanship yes that's what you see with coaches refusing to catch the ball just so there team can keep running around the bases! It's all a joke you have kids that can't even catch the ball on All-Star team so I bet our county has a great chance of winning!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Campbell Dewitt funeral home. 3 hr Tom 2
valley hill shrine (Jun '10) 6 hr unknown 12
Cozy corner (Oct '15) 11 hr Yes 2
Long Lost Family Member 16 hr Chas 3
Kayla!! 18 hr the real lexi 34
WTF is wrong with people (Aug '16) 18 hr Thatsright 7
Don Franklin Lebanon Sat Auto helper 2

Loretto Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Loretto Mortgages