City Workers on Private Property

Posted in the Loretto Forum

Uncle Sam

New Haven, KY

#8 Mar 7, 2013
Why does the City Council sit back and do nothing when the Mayor has directly violated the law.
"Mis-use" of City Funds (Our Tax Dollars) This is not the first time. But yet our elected officials of the City turn there head !!!! Stand up for what is right & represent the Citizens of Lebanon or resign. They won't come on to your property to unclog a sewer drain, but they will go onto private property to do backhoe work? I guess as I have always been told, you have to have the right last name. Come On Council members, STAND UP and Be Heard for the Citizens or do the right thing and resign !!!!!!!
harold

New Haven, KY

#9 Mar 7, 2013
I agree, the Lebanon City council is a joke. What about the City Attorney. Shouldn't she step up and uphold the law? Why doesn't the Leb Enterprise look into this?
True

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Mar 8, 2013
I heard on the news Car World is Expanding that's probly why they where there
William

New Haven, KY

#11 Mar 9, 2013
This is no new thing, just the Mayor, City Administrator & City Council ignoring the laws they are governed by. It is illegal for government employes to perform non essential work on private property that directly benefits a private citizen or private company.
LebMur

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Mar 10, 2013
Everyone should get together and storm into a council meeting...and agreed, the council is a joke.
Tax Payer

Versailles, KY

#13 Mar 10, 2013
Let me know when theres a meeting. I'm in, tired of paying taxes and them not being spent right. Who can I call to get the city workers to clean my yard?
Waste

New Haven, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Council meeting tonight may we should up and voice our opinion.
community action

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#15 Mar 11, 2013
Is this place part of the city?
Curious

Columbia, KY

#23 Mar 20, 2013
The water company is just as bad. Riding around and parking reading the paper.
john

Campbellsville, KY

#24 Mar 22, 2013
Curious wrote:
The water company is just as bad. Riding around and parking reading the paper.
that's your tax dollar at work
locked gate

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Mar 26, 2013
I see the gate going to the back of the park is still locked -- hellooooooo, anyone there? Open the gate please.
City on the loose

Rineyville, KY

#31 Mar 28, 2013
harold wrote:
I agree, the Lebanon City council is a joke. What about the City Attorney. Shouldn't she step up and uphold the law? Why doesn't the Leb Enterprise look into this?
Yes, why don't any of the above look into these issues? They all have the same thing in common, they are all good law abiding citizens..........taking turns scratching someones back. If someone was not feeding their dog, it would be on the front page of the enterprise, the attorney would have us in court and the petty little council members would jump on the bandwagon and beat their chests. Everyone needs to remember what is going on and when that nice council member elect stands at your door, ask them why they ignored all. They love their City and have alway wanted to be a part of it, they want to give "something back", blah, blah, blah. So, what are they getting in return for remaining mute?
Oh Know

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Apr 2, 2013
I just rode by a service station and to my astonishment I saw a Lebanon City Water Truck at the service station filling up with gas - must have had a busy weekend and we, the taxpayers are paying for the joy rides!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loretto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS at TGKY (Mar '14) 1 hr Truth 24
eric washington 1 hr Truth 23
Laura Mattingly reardon (Dec '12) 5 hr candy girl 6
shell station robbery 6 hr Really 2
christy lee 11 hr wonderingman 1
come and see me 11 hr leon the juses man 1
ham days 15 hr i was there 6
Loretto Dating
Find my Match

Loretto Jobs