Loretto

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Went there tonight. Seems the crowd gets smaller every year. Even my kids say its not what it use to be.
picnicer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

i went Friday night, have been going for years, and this year was pretty bad, ride company fell through with some of the rides only had nine and only two of them were for the bigger kids, and they didn't even start one of the rides up, they did lower the price because of it, and they didn't have as many games this time, i know it takes a lot of work putting on the picnic and i hope this didn't hurt them this year, and i don't understand having it the same weekend as the nelson co fair, seems like this would hurt the attendance to the picnic.
cotton candy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Loretto wrote:
Went there tonight. Seems the crowd gets smaller every year. Even my kids say its not what it use to be.
Crowds are smaller for several reasons. The Catholic Church is losing followers in record numbers. Too many double standards exist, money talks, people want more scripture and less same same Mass day after day. As an ex Catholic it got so boring I just couldn't stay awake or hold my attention. I'm trying not to be too critical but many of my friends felt the same way and left. Like any religion if you are happy with it don't change. Continue to worship where you are happy. Also, the economy has lots to do with people cutting back on their spending.

Since: Aug 12

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

What happened to the Laundromat that was by Save a Lot?? Went there to wash some big bulky items. CLOSED. Is there another in town?
Lost

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Kellso wrote:
What happened to the Laundromat that was by Save a Lot?? Went there to wash some big bulky items. CLOSED. Is there another in town?
What does this have to do with the picnic?
Lost

Cave City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

My wife and I went on Saturday night. We ate the chicken dinner, which was pretty good in my opinion. Maybe if they updated their games/prizes it might bring in more people. And some of the rides looked old. I'm sure they were perfectly safe to be riding but a new coat of paint every so often wouldn't hurt. I realize the picnic has nothing to do with that of course. We were told that there were going to be more rides for the older kids and adults but that the ride company fell through on their part. It could be time to look into finding a new company. You have to spend a little money to make money.

Since: Aug 12

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Lost wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with the picnic?
Pardon me! I suppose I should have asked the question in Baltimore or Miami's topix section. By the way, your nickname on here 'Lost' apparently is a good name for you. Bwahahahaha!
who ko Andrea gribbins

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Seen some blonde grab Andrea by the head an sling her like a rag doll then Andrea took off running like a bat out of hell .. who was the other girl like to shake her hand....lmmfao hahahaha
Chasity Wright

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

who ko Andrea gribbins wrote:
Seen some blonde grab Andrea by the head an sling her like a rag doll then Andrea took off running like a bat out of hell .. who was the other girl like to shake her hand....lmmfao hahahaha
I'm sure she's screwing someone else's man again!
Devout

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

cotton candy wrote:
<quoted text>Crowds are smaller for several reasons. The Catholic Church is losing followers in record numbers. Too many double standards exist, money talks, people want more scripture and less same same Mass day after day. As an ex Catholic it got so boring I just couldn't stay awake or hold my attention. I'm trying not to be too critical but many of my friends felt the same way and left. Like any religion if you are happy with it don't change. Continue to worship where you are happy. Also, the economy has lots to do with people cutting back on their spending.
The picnic made $9000 more this year than last. It's simply not true that the Catholic church is losing members. Two examples are new churches built in Elizabethtown (St.James) and St. Andrew in Harrodsburg; both built to accommodate growing parishes. As a practicing Catholic I do appreciate your honesty and I am glad that you found a religion that suits you better but please keep an open heart and know you are welcome to come back to the faith any time.
cotton candy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Devout wrote:
<quoted text>
The picnic made $9000 more this year than last. It's simply not true that the Catholic church is losing members. Two examples are new churches built in Elizabethtown (St.James) and St. Andrew in Harrodsburg; both built to accommodate growing parishes. As a practicing Catholic I do appreciate your honesty and I am glad that you found a religion that suits you better but please keep an open heart and know you are welcome to come back to the faith any time.
Nice of you to offer the invitation but Louisville alone has lost several thousand Catholics to other religions. Approx half of Catholic h.s. have closed and several grade schools. Check with your arch bishops office just for KY alone. Overall the numbers aren't pretty.
Thinking

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

I was brought up Catholic.left the church and found my way back,,but when I got home so much has changed..Now that they sing the Mass ,,I feel 100 % left out.. Thinking of start attending other Churches to just see what they have to offer.
jeez

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Chasity Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure she's screwing someone else's man again!
omg ur one to talk!!!!!!!!!!
attended there

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

who ko Andrea gribbihummm ns wrote:
hummmm well I sern two gals fighting..young girls..but myself I know Andrea prrtty well...dont think she eould boe doen yo anyone especially not run..I actuallh seen her there..seemed pretty content to me and yhink she was one of the last ones to pull out...such haters on this website
oh but she did

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Robin tungate warmed that head she knocked her into next eeek she scrammed to grt away from her she was scared enough not to come back sat shes sscrewin joe wise thier both strung out on crack an meth whatever they can get thier nasty hands on truly deserve each other she is a reamed out crater faced stretched out like the worse ive seen an he is a big fat tub of lard yuk can u see that in action shew nasty
Amanda

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

cotton candy wrote:
<quoted text>Nice of you to offer the invitation but Louisville alone has lost several thousand Catholics to other religions. Approx half of Catholic h.s. have closed and several grade schools. Check with your arch bishops office just for KY alone. Overall the numbers aren't pretty.
Seriously, where are you getting your information from? I work in the system and Catholic elementary schools have been hit much harder than the high schools within the Louisville Archdiocese, and it's not due to lack of Catholics/Parishioners, it's due to the rising cost of Catholic Education period. Many just simply cannot afford it. Elementary schools' tuitions begin at $6k for one child. HS gets even more expensive, once tuition and special fees are paid it usually adds up to $11k-12k. I know multiple families that have children in elementary & HS that are paying out over $20k a year in tuition costs. Tuition assistance is out there, but may cut the bill in half at most. Our lackluster economy over the past decade has hit private schools hard (when the economy dropped many of the waiting lists disappeared), but schools like St. X, Trinity, Assumption, Sacred Heart, Presentation, Mercy, Holy Cross, and Desales are doing well, some of them exceptionally well. However, many Catholic parents are pushing to get their kids into the exceptional High schools, like Dupont Manual or Male Traditional, because they simply cannot afford a catholic education.
dont ask

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Amanda wrote:
<quoted text> Seriously, where are you getting your information from? I work in the system and Catholic elementary schools have been hit much harder than the high schools within the Louisville Archdiocese, and it's not due to lack of Catholics/Parishioners, it's due to the rising cost of Catholic Education period. Many just simply cannot afford it. Elementary schools' tuitions begin at $6k for one child. HS gets even more expensive, once tuition and special fees are paid it usually adds up to $11k-12k. I know multiple families that have children in elementary & HS that are paying out over $20k a year in tuition costs. Tuition assistance is out there, but may cut the bill in half at most. Our lackluster economy over the past decade has hit private schools hard (when the economy dropped many of the waiting lists disappeared), but schools like St. X, Trinity, Assumption, Sacred Heart, Presentation, Mercy, Holy Cross, and Desales are doing well, some of them exceptionally well. However, many Catholic parents are pushing to get their kids into the exceptional High schools, like Dupont Manual or Male Traditional, because they simply cannot afford a catholic education.
We agree Catholic schools are overpriced and Dupont M. and Male Traditional are in big demand. According to the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), the number of Catholic schools fell from 8,146 to 6,980 between 2000 and 2010a loss of 117 schools every year. Combined primary and secondary school enrollment also declined 22 percent, from 2,647,301 to 2,065,872....You failed report all the Louisville Catholic Schools that have closed in the past 30 years. The largest Church in Louisville is Southeast C. which has over 25,000 members. Of that total over 50% are former Catholics. Other local Protestant Churches in Louiville have benefited from Catholic's leaving the church. Try Googling the FACTS.
good riddance

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Being Catholic takes discipline and faith. It isn't easy being Catholic, this faith asks a lot of you. Catholicism has been attacked for the past 2000 years. People leave and people join but the Catholic church has always persevered and will continue to do so. The problem is that the Catholics that leave can't leave it alone, they become "anti-Catholic" and want to persuade other Catholics to leave. I know Protestants, who would never attend a Catholic Mass, that have more respect for Catholicism than most former Catholics. If you leave the Church, so be it, stop attacking your former faith and "rooting" against it and put your energy into your new faith.
fact

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

dont ask wrote:
<quoted text> We agree Catholic schools are overpriced and Dupont M. and Male Traditional are in big demand. According to the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), the number of Catholic schools fell from 8,146 to 6,980 between 2000 and 2010a loss of 117 schools every year. Combined primary and secondary school enrollment also declined 22 percent, from 2,647,301 to 2,065,872....You failed report all the Louisville Catholic Schools that have closed in the past 30 years. The largest Church in Louisville is Southeast C. which has over 25,000 members. Of that total over 50% are former Catholics. Other local Protestant Churches in Louiville have benefited from Catholic's leaving the church. Try Googling the FACTS.
Catholics still outnumber protestants worldwide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religiou...
dont ask

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

good riddance wrote:
Being Catholic takes discipline and faith. It isn't easy being Catholic, this faith asks a lot of you. Catholicism has been attacked for the past 2000 years. People leave and people join but the Catholic church has always persevered and will continue to do so. The problem is that the Catholics that leave can't leave it alone, they become "anti-Catholic" and want to persuade other Catholics to leave. I know Protestants, who would never attend a Catholic Mass, that have more respect for Catholicism than most former Catholics. If you leave the Church, so be it, stop attacking your former faith and "rooting" against it and put your energy into your new faith.
You are way overly sensitive and biased. Learn not to take what people write out of context. I reported the numbers for the reader to accept or not. If I were anti Catholic or "rooting" against it I would have said so. It is comments like yours that persuade people against it. There are just as many Protestants who won't attend Catholic churches as the opposite. Religious preference is a personal choice so, get over yourself while working on that attitude.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Loretto Discussions

Search the Loretto Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Le Jimbo 144,894
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr NO NO 81,552
catering? (Jun '11) 1 hr Fuel Total Systems 9
Drug bust 4 hr Sherri 7
Good hair salons in lebanon? 7 hr Jane 3
Lawsuit Claims Abuse, Neglect By Marion County ... 17 hr sick of it 33
brookhaven fighting 18 hr ya know 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Loretto Jobs

•••