Police seek help in Steins murder

The New Mexico State Police is asking for the public's help in finding whoever murdered Larry Link, the owner of Steins Ghost Town, in Steins, N.M. Link, 68, was found June 7, lying near his vehicle, between his property and the Union Pacific Railroad easement in Steins, three miles from the Arizona-New Mexico border, along Interstate 10, west of ... Full Story
Nick

Silver City, NM

#1 Jun 27, 2011
I knew Larry Link personally. He always wore a sidearm for protection because illegal aliens crossed his property constantly, many of them were armed and smuggling drugs. If you want to stop the flow of drugs and the murder of citizens like Larry, close our leaky border.
Insanity

Los Alamos, NM

#2 Jun 27, 2011
If you want to stem the flow of drugs over the border - make marijuana legal in the USA. Cut the black market out of the picture. It won't solve everything, but it would be a big step in cutting down on the traffic crossing the border. A Border Fence is not the solution. It's just another, very expensive, bandaid, that does more harm than good.
Nick

Silver City, NM

#3 Jun 27, 2011
Insanity wrote:
If you want to stem the flow of drugs over the border - make marijuana legal in the USA. Cut the black market out of the picture. It won't solve everything, but it would be a big step in cutting down on the traffic crossing the border.
I agree completely.
Insanity wrote:
A Border Fence is not the solution. It's just another, very expensive, bandaid, that does more harm than good.
Well, I never really suggested a fence, but I hardly think it would do "more harm than good". Why do you suppose Mexico has a fence along their border with Guatemala?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lordsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spooky skies: NASA releases image of jack-o'-la... Oct 15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
New Mexico ghost town comes alive this weekend Jun '14 I love the southwest 1
Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
Farmington religious leaders stress importance ... (Mar '14) Apr '14 XandO 16
Murder victim found near Mule Creek identified ... (Mar '09) Feb '14 Pist 2 5
The 4th annual Christmas Boutique at the Grant ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 wondering 1
Homeless people are looking for shelter from th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Marvel 1
Lordsburg Dating
Find my Match

Lordsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lordsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lordsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]