Grant County Commission hears discussion on GRT tax increment for Central Dispatch

Jul 25, 2012 Full story: The Grant County Beat

A public hearing was held at the beginning of the Grant County Commission regular session Tuesday, July 24.

Full Story
American Citizen

Pagosa Springs, CO

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Well, it's about time. Something else is very, very wrong here, though -- Currently, Central Dispatch which serves the Sheriff's Dept., Silver City PD., Bayard, Santa Clara and Hurley PD's., SC Fire, Bayard Fire and all County volunteer fire agencies in addition to serving NMSP, Game & Fish, APO, JPO and USFS Law Enforcement when they want. The problem is simple --- Central Dispatch is primarily funded by Grant County and the Town of Silver City with some funding from the state through the 911 tax impound by the state & federal governments (obtained through taxes on telecommunications like landline telephones and cell phones). Bayard, Santa Clara and Hurley contribute nothing to offset Central Dispatch's operating costs. Those three sets of public safety agencies (including fire/EMS) utilize the services of the dispatch center to a significnant degree and THEIR officials are able to sit on the dispatch board of directors and vote on issues without paying for the privilege! WHY? Time for them to pay their fair share as the rest of us already do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lordsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spooky skies: NASA releases image of jack-o'-la... Oct 15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
New Mexico ghost town comes alive this weekend Jun '14 I love the southwest 1
Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
Farmington religious leaders stress importance ... (Mar '14) Apr '14 XandO 16
Murder victim found near Mule Creek identified ... (Mar '09) Feb '14 Pist 2 5
The 4th annual Christmas Boutique at the Grant ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 wondering 1
Homeless people are looking for shelter from th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Marvel 1
Lordsburg Dating
Find my Match

Lordsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lordsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lordsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]