Surprise snowfall hampers road travel

Surprise snowfall hampers road travel

There are 11 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Dec 30, 2010, titled Surprise snowfall hampers road travel. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

Gone was the dust, replaced by snow. There was light hail and very fine snow just after noon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Dec 31, 2010
So how much snow actualy fell? Not that it really matters, in 50 mph wind you might consider staying home anyway's.
patriot

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Dec 31, 2010
Kevin, the "fine hail" is called "sleet".
Wide Open Spaces

Columbus, NM

#3 Dec 31, 2010
Columbus Valley area (it seemed) had much higher gusts of wind than 50 mph....and then sleet about mid-afternoon.

Very scary, especially for Seniors.... with the black ice that formed.

Living in the country...Hwy. 11 closed again.

Monitoring NOAA weather from Santa Teresa by computer is a big helps.

Silver City newspaper's Web-Site had immediate updates on road closures....with 4 accidents in 15 minutes!

Wish our HEADLIGHT was that current!!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 31, 2010
I do think the Luna County landscape is beautiful when it snows. Well, all of New Mexico, really. One of the many reasons I like NM so much.
Old Timer

United States

#5 Dec 31, 2010
Spending most of my life in S.Calif. it's a thrill for me to see snow falling and stay around for awhile. We had to pay to see or play in it, but here it's free for me to enjoy. A lot of people I know come from the cold states, in particular the east coast, they don't even like me to say the word snow, but I'm outside dancing around when it starts to fall, I think it makes the area gorgeous. Just glad we get a little bit and don't have to shovel our way out.
mark

Columbia, MO

#6 Dec 31, 2010
I remember a stormy time in the 70s. Snow is good though, settles the dust, and it will replenish plants.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 31, 2010
Old Timer wrote:
Spending most of my life in S.Calif. it's a thrill for me to see snow falling and stay around for awhile. We had to pay to see or play in it, but here it's free for me to enjoy. A lot of people I know come from the cold states, in particular the east coast, they don't even like me to say the word snow, but I'm outside dancing around when it starts to fall, I think it makes the area gorgeous. Just glad we get a little bit and don't have to shovel our way out.
Young lady, snow is a 4 letter word here but I still enjoy is some. I am looking forward to my move in your direction to get away from the fridge temperatures.
Deming Voter

United States

#8 Jan 1, 2011
USMC Retired wrote:
<quoted text>
Young lady, snow is a 4 letter word here but I still enjoy is some. I am looking forward to my move in your direction to get away from the fridge temperatures.
I'm sure you'll love it here, just enough S-N-O-W to enjoy looking at but not enough to have to shovel. A very Happy New Year Day to you sir !!!! Love it when you call me "young lady" too.
Old Timer

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#9 Jan 1, 2011
USMC Retired wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI USMC RETIRED......Deming Voter is my other handle, a slip on my part, but it keeps folks guessing and on their toes....HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 1, 2011
Deming Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you'll love it here, just enough S-N-O-W to enjoy looking at but not enough to have to shovel. A very Happy New Year Day to you sir !!!! Love it when you call me "young lady" too.
What is a shovel? You mean I don't need to bring my snow blower, wow, what ever will I do? LOL
Thanks

Seattle, WA

#11 Jan 1, 2011
Yes... a slip
Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI USMC RETIRED......Deming Voter is my other handle, a slip on my part, but it keeps folks guessing and on their toes....HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lordsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Previously Deported Illegal Alien Criminals, Dr... Jun '16 tomin cali 1
News 'America's Longest Veterans Day Parade' (Oct '15) Nov '15 Thank you 2
News Historic Military Convoy rolls into Lordsburg. (Oct '15) Oct '15 Historic event 1
Does anyone know anything about Man found at Lo... (Sep '15) Sep '15 kygirl 1
News Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye to decla... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ted 9
News Body of missing Deming man found in Hidalgo County (Mar '15) May '15 Michael Oshkeniew 3
Shakespeare comes alive for weekend tours of gh... (May '15) May '15 Patti Wischnack 1

Lordsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lordsburg Mortgages