Dress and Conduct of Teachers

Posted in the Lorado Forum

Indian on the war path

Pineville, WV

#1 Feb 10, 2013
I had heard about lack of morals at Oceana Middle School, teachers sleeping in class, doing their fingenails, how they dressed, men and women. The shocker was the unmarried teacher who is expecting, still wearing regular clothes, and show pictures of the unborn child to her students. When I attende the East game this past week, my brother showed me this person and how she was dressed. He said that was what she wore to work that day.... In my time, men wore dress slacks and dress shirts, ladies wore dresses or suits, stockings and most of the time shoes with heels. When they were expecting, so far along in to the pregnancy, the took maternity leave. I wonder what our young people of today are learning with the standards of area schools being so low as they are. In my time, expecting a baby wasn't something openly talked about. The way things are now is in no way teaching our youth values and standards to carry with them throughout their lives. My sister-in-law when pregnant always wore nice maternity clothes, and if she wore pants it was maternity pants and tops. My wife was a professional person, and she always dressed most appropriately for work or leisure. No one ever saw her in the mode of dress I see people in today. Teachers at Oceana High School dressed and acted like ladies and gentlemen.

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Indian on the war path wrote:
The shocker was the unmarried teacher who is expecting, still wearing regular clothes, and show pictures of the unborn child to her students.
What is wrong with ANY of the things you have mentioned here?
When I attende the East game this past week, my brother showed me this person and how she was dressed.
This is something that consumes your life and your daily conversation?
In my time, men wore dress slacks and dress shirts, ladies wore dresses or suits, stockings and most of the time shoes with heels.
In the 70's they were bell bottoms. Times change.
When they were expecting, so far along in to the pregnancy, the took maternity leave.
Why? Why would you abandon your students if it weren't medically necessary?
I wonder what our young people of today are learning with the standards of area schools being so low as they are.
Hopefully critical thinking. All else is moot.
In my time, expecting a baby wasn't something openly talked about.
Why? What was the benefit of making this subject taboo?
The way things are now is in no way teaching our youth values and standards to carry with them throughout their lives.
NOTHING you have ranted about thus far indicates negative values or standards.
My sister-in-law when pregnant always wore nice maternity clothes, and if she wore pants it was maternity pants and tops. My wife was a professional person, and she always dressed most appropriately for work or leisure. No one ever saw her in the mode of dress I see people in today. Teachers at Oceana High School dressed and acted like ladies and gentlemen.
Last question to you. How old are you?
My opinion

Huntington, WV

#3 Feb 10, 2013
at least she's still working to support her child. She's not sitting back taking all the assistance she can get.
Disgusted person

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 13, 2013
FDG I know who you are and who your parents are, and I can imagine you thinking like you do. You are the one who usually has the far out ideas on here so I don't expect you to see anything wrong with any of what I wrote about.

As for My Opinion person, yes she is working to support her child, and we are assuming she isn't taking any assistance, when she finally has the little bundle of joy, there is always food stamps and WIC. Ok so she is working, what message is she sending to the students, but then you obviously don't care about that either. Oh well, such is life.
Your momma

Princeton, WV

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Idiot Indian on the war path wrote:
I had heard about lack of morals at Oceana Middle School, teachers sleeping in class, doing their fingenails, how they dressed, men and women. The shocker was the unmarried teacher who is expecting, still wearing regular clothes, and show pictures of the unborn child to her students. When I attende the East game this past week, my brother showed me this person and how she was dressed. He said that was what she wore to work that day.... In my time, men wore dress slacks and dress shirts, ladies wore dresses or suits, stockings and most of the time shoes with heels. When they were expecting, so far along in to the pregnancy, the took maternity leave. I wonder what our young people of today are learning with the standards of area schools being so low as they are. In my time, expecting a baby wasn't something openly talked about. The way things are now is in no way teaching our youth values and standards to carry with them throughout their lives. My sister-in-law when pregnant always wore nice maternity clothes, and if she wore pants it was maternity pants and tops. My wife was a professional person, and she always dressed most appropriately for work or leisure. No one ever saw her in the mode of dress I see people in today. Teachers at Oceana High School dressed and acted like ladies and gentlemen.
Good Lord, you sound like an idiot! Blah blah blah was all that I read. If you're not going to grow up any time soon then please go back to school! Maybe this teacher can teach you something?!
johnny taters

Baltimore, MD

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Really? This is something to bitch about
Oldschool

Pineville, WV

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Based on your response, I'm assuming you are probably around 60 years old. I don't know about any of the things you are saying about teachers at Oceana Middle School. Have you been around any pregnant "married" women? They all dress the way you have described. It's called fashion. We may not agree with it, but it's the way pregnant women dress. Don't be so narrow minded and embrace the times, otherwise you will continue to sound like an idiot. It also sounds like you have other issues with the school. You should probably address them with the principal, not here.

FDG

The Big Town!

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Disgusted person wrote:
FDG I know who you are and who your parents are
Whether you know me or not is irrelevant.
Disgusted person wrote:
and I can imagine you thinking like you do.
If that is the case, then you obviously don't know any of us very well.
Disgusted person wrote:
You are the one who usually has the far out ideas on here so I don't expect you to see anything wrong with any of what I wrote about.
Far out ideas? What do mean? I live my life by two basic tenants. The first being to learn something that I didn't know the day before, and the second is to help others when I can. You'd be surprised how far that will get you in life.

I know. You must be talking about YOUR ideas. You know, the ones where you single people out on an anonymous message board and try (futily, as everyone here has shot you down) degrade them and humiliate them. That's very big of you. I am glad not everyone holds your set of standards on how to conduct themselves on a daily basis.

No thanks, I'll take my set of morals over that disgusting type of behavior anyday, hypocrit.

So, are you going to continue to bash people who are WORKING or are you going to answer ANY of my questions that were posed to you in my initial post to you? You simply ignored them all in an effort to take cheap shots at me instead of focusing on the discussion. That tells me a hell of a lot about you before the conversation even really got started.

http://youtu.be/xKG07305CBs
Good day, Sir.
Joan

Bluefield, WV

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Your momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord, you sound like an idiot! Blah blah blah was all that I read. If you're not going to grow up any time soon then please go back to school! Maybe this teacher can teach you something?!
Oh I am sure the kids know how to get pregnant without being married already.
Joan

Bluefield, WV

#10 Feb 14, 2013
You are all off base with this. The first person who wrote is entitled to their opinion. It is a question of age and moral value. If the person is an older person who was in school at a time different than how things are done today, doesn't make them wrong in their opinion, it just makes them different.

As for the person, there are teachers at the school who also talk about the situation, and yes the principal does know about their concerns. My suggestion would be to the "Indian" if he and some of the others feel this strongly about it, go to Mr. Blackwell, he has been around for a long time. He may not do anything about it, if the rules and regulations prohibit it, but he could possibly explain that to them and give them some peace of mind over the whole situation.

FDG

The Big Town!

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Joan wrote:
You are all off base with this. The first person who wrote is entitled to their opinion. It is a question of age and moral value. If the person is an older person who was in school at a time different than how things are done today, doesn't make them wrong in their opinion, it just makes them different.
Yeah, former slaves felt the exact same way.

Just because it is the opinion of someone doesn't mean that it can't be scrutinized. Opinions aren't a protected class. Slavery was wrong, period; no matter what ANYONE'S opinion of it was. I'm not saying this person or anyone posting here is for bringing back organized slavery, I was merely using that as an easy to understand example.
flipwilson

United States

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Spoken like someone turning there back on there own race. Taking a subject that is not even closely related to race and slavery, then having to bring it up like that. Really FDG, have you forgotten your roots and were you really came from?

FDG

The Big Town!

#13 Feb 14, 2013
flipwilson wrote:
Spoken like someone turning there back on there own race. Taking a subject that is not even closely related to race and slavery, then having to bring it up like that. Really FDG, have you forgotten your roots and were you really came from?
Are you trying to say that I would be better off if I were a racist?
flipwilson

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2013
I am saying that you are racist against your own race!!
flipwilson

United States

#15 Feb 14, 2013
You brought race into the conversation when "race" was not the subject being discussed.

FDG

The Big Town!

#16 Feb 14, 2013
flipwilson wrote:
You brought race into the conversation when "race" was not the subject being discussed.
Yes, I know. I clarified that in the post. I specifically said it was only being used as an example. If you will read it again, you will realize where you made your mistake.

FDG

The Big Town!

#17 Feb 14, 2013
flipwilson wrote:
I am saying that you are racist against your own race!!
There are no races; just people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word game (Jun '12) 15 min texas pete 682
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 33 min Analog man 920
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 43 min Analog man 8,263
Word Association... (Jun '12) 43 min Analog man 1,254
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 44 min Analog man 2,031
MISSING: Brian David Cook 37 (Aug '11) 3 hr Heather B 218
Names A-Z (Aug '13) 13 hr Les Belles Chauss... 175
Lorado Dating
Find my Match

Lorado People Search