First day of legal marijuana is quiet in Washington state

Dec 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

There was no uptick Thursday in traffic accidents by stoned drivers, no run on Doritos or banana ice cream at Safeway stores; no public displays of stoner joy like the “Smoke-ins” crowds that lit up the night at the Seattle Center.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Dec 7, 2012
old fart

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Well I be damn, .....and this whole time I thought that the world would end if that wacky reefer was legalized.
smokeispollution

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Great how many people will loose a job in a DFWP/drug free work place after they inhale some losers debris/smoke. How many will have their respitory problems agitated just like they would from cigarette smoke which is banned in many places.

The police need to aggressively cite the public smoking of pot to protect the rest of the clean public from other nasty butted habits. If it's about money go for the 100$ fine for public smoking.

I don't know what kind of statement these pot heads were trying to make illegally smoking pot in public at midnight in a very public place. OK a state voted to do what the people who happen to vote that election wanted to do-big whup.

These pot heads life must be filled to the brim with suck if they want to ILLEGALLY smoke pot out in public or inside their home. Awe,pity party for these schizo losers. Just cry, it's alot easier. Do a Cobain or something.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

smokeispollution wrote:
Great how many people will loose a job in a DFWP/drug free work place after they inhale some losers debris/smoke. How many will have their respitory problems agitated just like they would from cigarette smoke which is banned in many places.
The police need to aggressively cite the public smoking of pot to protect the rest of the clean public from other nasty butted habits. If it's about money go for the 100$ fine for public smoking.
I don't know what kind of statement these pot heads were trying to make illegally smoking pot in public at midnight in a very public place. OK a state voted to do what the people who happen to vote that election wanted to do-big whup.
These pot heads life must be filled to the brim with suck if they want to ILLEGALLY smoke pot out in public or inside their home. Awe,pity party for these schizo losers. Just cry, it's alot easier. Do a Cobain or something.
You sound like a typical self righteous twit! It's none of your business what people do in their own homes. Smoking in public is not a good idea along with driving stoned. Most smokers I know lead very fulfilling productive lives and harm no one!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Lopez Island News Video

•••
•••

Lopez Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lopez Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE