Cosmetic Surgery-Face-Lift Death
Posted in the Lookout Mountain Forum
#1 Feb 6, 2013
This 2005 case, shed’s much light on just how poorly ran State Health Boards really are in our country, generally speaking. It also points out once again, how the biggest “self-promoters” are the most troubling among us!
“He was known as a master of generating publicity, even appearing on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” twice in the early 1990s.” Then “appearing in 2003 on a broadcast of ‘Ireland AM,’ the country’s most popular morning television show, he stated he had done 42,000 rhinoplasties (Quantifying procedures is a BIG RED FLAG!!),which would have been an average of four every day since he graduated medical school.(wow-a cosmetic quack that works weekends & holidays too!) He once did a free face lift in exchange for publicity in an Irish newspaper.(I do believe that would be against the law in the US?)” The article described him as “a leading cosmetic and facial reconstruction surgeon” in the United States, with a “highly confidential client list.”“And it was that article that brought Kathleen Kelly Cregan to New York where she died.”
I must hand it to this quack! Instead of moving to a fresh state to start over, he simply changed “patient-pools”, very smart!
“The New York Times, noted that he had settled 11 cases in 1999 alone, and that the Daily News had stated back in 2000 that he was on a list of the “most sued doctors in New York “Dr. Sachs has settled 33 malpractice lawsuits in recent years, an unusually high number, according to doctors in several fields of practice and consumer advocates who concentrate on the medical profession or note that he had been banned by the professional conduct unit of the New York State Department of Health from performing complex nasal surgery without the supervision of another surgeon.”
"The surgery was a significant contributing factor to her death," said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner. The office, which spent two months investigating the death, did not elaborate.” His ticket was finally pulled and I believe a 2.5 million dollar judgment was rendered!
Now I thought that Dr.“ToomuchinternetBS” would certainly find this useful:
Malpractice insurance info:“one study showed that 7% of doctors were responsible for 68% of the payouts.(And in the comments of that post, another study, apparently using different years, found 5.9% of doctors responsible for 57.8% of the payouts. The study also found that 82% of doctors had never had a payout.) So along comes Dr. Michael Evan Sachs to help prove the point. If medical malpractice insurance premiums are a problem, perhaps the medical groups should think less about maintaining a White Coat of Silence, and do more to exorcise the bad doctors from their ranks. Dr. Sachs apparently got his medical malpractice insurance, by the way, through a guaranteed malpractice risk pool that spread his risk out to others. It was this very same risk pool that was raided by the State of New York of $691M to balance the budget, and helped to cause the recent 14% malpractice insurance rate hike.”
An one still wonders why, cosmetic surgery is limited to a ABMS Plastic Surgeon only, in any “REAL” hospitals surgical facilities???
#2 Feb 25, 2013
“PATIENTS THAT HAVE DIED IN THE USA DURING FACELIFT SURGERY INCLUDE:
1. A 58 YEAR OLD MALE WHO WAS NEGLECTED BY THE RECOVERY NURSE AND SLEPT TO DEATH (RESPIRATORY DEATH)
2. A 55 YEAR OLD LADY WHO HAD A RESPIRATORY ARREST IN RECOVERY THAT WAS NOT RECOGNIZED BECAUSE THE NURSE TURNED OFF THE ALARMS BECAUSE THE NOISE BOTHERED HER.
3. A 44 YEAR OLD FEMALE WHO DIED ON THE TABLE AT SURGERY BECAUSE OF EXCESSIVE SEDATION BY THE SURGEON.(NO ANESTHESIOLOGIST PRESENT).
4. A 82 YEAR OLD LADY WHO HAD A FACELIFT AND LIPOSUCTION LASTING 8 HOURS AND DIED OF A HEART ATTACK AT SURGERY.( TOO MUCH AND TOO LONG FOR 82 YEAR OLD)
5. A 67 YEAR OLD LADY DIED IN SURGERY AFTER BEING GIVEN THE WRONG DRUG BY THE NURSE.
6. A 72 YEAR OLD LADY WHO HAD A STROKE DURING A 7 HOUR FACELIFT AND DIED ONE DAY LATER.(PATIENT HAD UNTREATED HYPERTENSION AND WAS A POOR CANDIDATE FOR SURGERY)
7. A 48 YEAR OLD LADY DIED OF A BLOOD CLOT TO HER LUNGS 3 DAYS AFTER A FACELIFT.( NO MEASURES WERE TAKEN TO PROTECT PATIENT AGAINST SUCH PHENOMENA)
8. A 54 YEAR OLD FEMALE WHO WAS A SEVERE DIABETIC DIED THE NIGHT AFTER FACELIFT SURGERY.( SHE HAD BEEN SENT HOME AND SHOULD HAVE GONE TO A CARE FACILITY)
9. A 60 YEAR OLD FEMALE WITH SEVERE HYPERTENSION HAD A SEVERE BLEEDING EPISODE 5 HOURS AFTER A FACELIFT AND DIED OF RESPIRATORY OBSTRUCTION AND NEGLECT AT HER HOME.(NO CARETAKER WAS WITH PATIENT. HYPERTENSION WAS UNCONTROLLED AND NO EFFORT TO MANAGE THE HYPERTENSION = NON CANDIDATE FOR FACELIFT).
10. 49 YEAR OLD FEMALE DIED IN SURGERY DUE TO MALIGNANT HYPERTHERMIA AND INADEQUATE TREATMENT BY ANESTHESIOLOGIST ERROR AND FACILITY THAT DID NOT HAVE THE PROPER DRUG (DANTRILENE)
THE LIST COULD GO ON AND ON. THIS IS 1/2 OF JUST ONE YEAR. MORE TO FOLLOW REGARDING SPECIFIC CASES AND PREVENTION.
#3 Feb 26, 2013
Olivia Goldsmith, the author of ''The First Wives Club'' and Susan Malitz, the 54-year-old wife of Connecticut urologist Alan J. Malitz and daughter-in-law of psychiatrist Sidney Malitz, died in the Winter of 03, anesthesia injection in the wrong part of her neck, while being readied for cosmetic surgery at Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital. They were transferred from there to a “Real” hospital, were they later died.
''If the anesthesia is injected into the wrong tissue, it can be taken up by the body too quickly and cause serious problems,'' said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office.''In this case, the anesthesia went into the tissue in the larynx area, where it does not belong.'' Ms. Borakove said that the improper injection seems to have been inadvertent.”“In its finding, the medical examiner said the cause of death was ''cardiorespiratory arrest during facial cosmetic surgery under sedation'' using four drugs. The office identified them as meperidine, promethazine, propofol, and fentanyl.”
The two deaths left many patients jittery about having plastic surgery, and doctors scrambling to calm their fears. The deaths also resulted in an investigation by the State Department of Health that found ''egregious violations'' in the hospital's anesthesia and plastic surgery departments and led to $20,000 in fines for 10 separate violations. A report from the investigation said that the hospital had ''failed to conduct basic, pre-operative assessments, failed to adequately monitor changes in the patients' vital signs and failed to effectively respond to the adverse incidents.'' Health officials also instructed the hospital to hire an independent expert to review its anesthesia department, involving unannounced inspections of the anesthesia and plastic surgery units.
Add your comments below
|16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11)||6 hr||BOiaF||41,793|
|Corker Reaffirms That He Will Not Seek Re-Elect...||11 hr||dick hardin||3|
|Dug and G Na||Wed||Widower maker||1|
|Matthew (Matt) McGinnis???||Wed||County Knowledge||13|
|White men||Apr 17||Tolerman||8|
|Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11)||Apr 16||Meeeeeeee||9,791|
|Looking for a hot woman||Apr 16||lol||8|
Find what you want!
Search Lookout Mountain Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC