incident at Rossville methadone clinic

Posted in the Lookout Mountain Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
abc

Homer, GA

#1 May 22, 2009
Did anyone else hear/see the incident at Private Clinic North on Rossville Blvd? It happened early in the week around 7-8AM.

Apparently a medical malpractice suit is being filed and criminal battery charges are being brought against a female employee of the clinic.

After a patient was discharged for whatever reason they took her medication from back from her, threatened to have her arrested. Then when she asked for her money back since she didn't get her meds the female employee grabbed her by the arm, drug her into the back and said, "you're gonna watch this" while her meds were poured down the sink. The patient tried to get away but the employee jerked her back into the room.

Outside in the parking lot she was in tears and was threatened with arrest again for wanting her money back.

Word is the girl has filed a suit not only for what is listed above but for the clinic refusing to detox her after supplying her drugs for 7 years.

I have nothing against methadone maintenance but I hope that particular clinic is shut down. They care nothing about helping addicts they simply want to make money off desperate people.

There are much better clinics in the area and don't mistreat patients. As for PC North, it looks like their days are numbered.
Jim

Columbia, SC

#2 Jun 1, 2009
I would love to speak with the victim about this. I live in Spencer TN where PCN is trying to open a new clinic. I would desparately love to speak with her.
citizen

United States

#3 Jun 7, 2009
any treatment a drug addict gets, they deserve every second of it..Probably trying to fight the system.If you have never been affected by one, you dont have a clue.They should have taken her outside and beat her with a horse whip/probly stealing money out of the cash register or trying to steal someones pocketbook.
Patient at PCN

Trenton, GA

#4 Jun 8, 2009
I have went to PCN for four years. The previous post is a LIE! I HAVE LOOKED INTO THIS. I talked with the Director at PCN and she said that nothing like this has ever occured at PCN. I also contact the Rossville Sherriff's just so i could prove that this is a lie and no report has been filed against PCN, EVER. This is the best clinic in the area. They have a very caring staff. I have a great life now thanks to the staff at PCN. Please investigate before you believe accusations. Also, why don't you visit the clinic. I am sure you will be impressed. It is there to help get away from the devastating lifestyle of drug addiction. Before PCN I was constantly in trouble and could not hold down a job. Since going to PCN,I have had the same job for 31/2 years and have not been in trouble for over four years. If it weren't for them I would probably be dead! Thank yi for reading my post.
Ann

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jun 22, 2009
I also live in Spencer, TN where they are expecting to locate their newest clinic. I realize that sometimes stories are distorted by either side, and I would like to know whether this is in fact a true story. I will contact the Sheriff's office myself to find out.
ameri300189

United States

#6 Jul 31, 2009
abc wrote:
Did anyone else hear/see the incident at Private Clinic North on Rossville Blvd? It happened early in the week around 7-8AM.
Apparently a medical malpractice suit is being filed and criminal battery charges are being brought against a female employee of the clinic.
After a patient was discharged for whatever reason they took her medication from back from her, threatened to have her arrested. Then when she asked for her money back since she didn't get her meds the female employee grabbed her by the arm, drug her into the back and said, "you're gonna watch this" while her meds were poured down the sink. The patient tried to get away but the employee jerked her back into the room.
Outside in the parking lot she was in tears and was threatened with arrest again for wanting her money back.
Word is the girl has filed a suit not only for what is listed above but for the clinic refusing to detox her after supplying her drugs for 7 years.
I have nothing against methadone maintenance but I hope that particular clinic is shut down. They care nothing about helping addicts they simply want to make money off desperate people.
There are much better clinics in the area and don't mistreat patients. As for PC North, it looks like their days are numbered.
if I AM on the jury, I will side with the clinic..drug heads deserve to be ripped off.to any extent
Jezabell0508

Metropolis, IL

#7 Nov 2, 2009
ameri300189 wrote:
<quoted text>
if I AM on the jury, I will side with the clinic..drug heads deserve to be ripped off.to any extent
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If they are in the methadone clinic, they are seeking help. Addiction is a DISEASE...do you wish that diabetics going in to get their insulin would get ripped off too? Ignorance really must be bliss...
worked in treatment

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Hello I would have to say that the methadone treatment centers are nothing but trouble. I have seen patients that came into treatment after 7 or more years of methadone treatment this is stupid. Methadone should on be used in short treatments no more more than 6 - 12 months at the most. I have watched these poor patients I have to help Detox them this is very sad that Methadone is still in use when there are better ways to get off drugs ...Like suboxone or subutex and these treatments are shorter and much easier on the patient than Methadone ---- if there do not abuse it, or let the doctors extend there treatment to longer than they need it. Suboxone and subutex should not be used in a very long treatment i have seen patients get put on long treatment because of severe pain and the patients have had better outcomes than patients on methadone.
i go to a methadoneclinic

Cleveland, TN

#9 Oct 12, 2010
citizen wrote:
any treatment a drug addict gets, they deserve every second of it..Probably trying to fight the system.If you have never been affected by one, you dont have a clue.They should have taken her outside and beat her with a horse whip/probly stealing money out of the cash register or trying to steal someones pocketbook.
hey buddy drug addiction is a disease soi guess all the people out there with canceror any kind of disease should just get the whip treatment your an idiot that has no idea what we recovering addictsz go through and how much we would like to be mormal but cant help the hand weve been dealt maybe you need your ass kicked fore your little comment and ignerence
VTC

United States

#10 Dec 15, 2010
I go to Volunteer Treatment Center here in Chattanooga. Been there for a year. Methadone Maintenance Therapy saved my life, my job, and my marriage. If you have never dealt with addiction to opiate narcotics then you are lucky, but you are a Fucking Moron if you made those negative posts or if you agree with them. My addiction started because of an idiotic dental surgeon that prescribed 30mg Percocets after my wisdom tooth surgery. I was mentally and physiologically addicted in two weeks and never looked back. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say I was ruining my life by using and buying Oxyxontin and Volunteer Treatment Center saved my ass. I have not used in a year, and my life is stable and awesome again. True, they make a ton of money, but its worth every penny for me, and I can choose to detox when I am ready. Not all drug addicts are awful people. Keep the hole in your face closed if you don't know what you're talking about. As for Private Clinic: I know nothing about it, but have heard some negative things.
Truth Monger

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 18, 2011
I have had a run in with the guy running the place.
I took my motorcycle in for service next door and stood in the parking lot talking on my phone while I waited.
Soon this sloppy looking idiot showed up and accused me of taking pictures of his customers cars.
I informed him that even if I had there was nothing he could do about it and I asked him to call the Rossville PD and let them decide.
Of course the dumbass backed down and went away.
In my opinion he is just a legal pusher who is preying on peoples sickness.
thank god for methadone

Bristol, TN

#12 Apr 17, 2011
i was addicted to pain pills for 7 years. i was spending thousands of dollars a week as well as giving myself and my family up to get high. i finally admitted to myself that i had a problem and agreed to save my family that i would try attending a methadone clinic. my first day i was dosed with methadone was the best day of my life. i will remember that day forever. for once in 7 years i finally felt like i new who i was and not some crazy person that hated her life when she didnt have 20 pills to take a day. i have a 1 year old son and since ive been attending the methadone clinic i have been the mother that he deserves. life is great now for me and my family. i dont plan to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life and when im ready to detox from methadone i will have all the support i need. methadone has changed my life. i pay 80 a week and ive saved thousands of dollars in 2 months that ive been in treatment. id suggest methadone to anyone that lives their life 4 the next pill. i live mine for myself and family thanks to methadone
hillbilly

Dunlap, TN

#13 Apr 18, 2011
Ann wrote:
I also live in Spencer, TN where they are expecting to locate their newest clinic. I realize that sometimes stories are distorted by either side, and I would like to know whether this is in fact a true story. I will contact the Sheriff's office myself to find out.
better under stand these clinics are where a dope head goes when they are broke,to stay high until they get money for the real thing..every dope head i know uses them..between finding a dope head woman,getting a check,that last about a month or two,then back to clinic to get high.hell one boy i know been doing it for years,,he finds some thing to steal,damn the clinic he has money for the real thing.out of money uncle SAM keeps him high.
happy2bhr

Dalton, GA

#14 May 11, 2011
it is so sad to read such hatred for things people do not or do not want to understand!! I go to the private,everyone has been nothing but,professional and caring in my treatment.It haS BEEN A blessing for me,every clinic has good and bad opinions given by clients.I have also been to volunteer tx. center both are good programs if you really want the help.
liveandletlive

Saint Augustine, FL

#15 May 24, 2011
I attend VTC and have received needed help for an addiction I have battled for over fifteen years now. A couple of people who have commented surprise me to have taken the time simply to judge others in such a negative way. Hillbilly, first off, I wish that uncle sam paid for my methadone but unfortunately he does not. Next, it sounds like you need to find some new "friends". Finally, these clinics do not allow people to just freely come and go only on the days they can't find anything else, and they do frequent drug screens - weekly if you're dirty. Hillbilly sounds right on!
you are a dumb ass

Brentwood, TN

#16 Dec 22, 2011
citizen wrote:
who ever posted this comment just shows how little your brain is because you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.......I guess you think the Earth is flat to right?
Eric

Brentwood, TN

#17 Dec 22, 2011
thank god for methadone wrote:
i was addicted to pain pills for 7 years. i was spending thousands of dollars a week as well as giving myself and my family up to get high. i finally admitted to myself that i had a problem and agreed to save my family that i would try attending a methadone clinic. my first day i was dosed with methadone was the best day of my life. i will remember that day forever. for once in 7 years i finally felt like i new who i was and not some crazy person that hated her life when she didnt have 20 pills to take a day. i have a 1 year old son and since ive been attending the methadone clinic i have been the mother that he deserves. life is great now for me and my family. i dont plan to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life and when im ready to detox from methadone i will have all the support i need. methadone has changed my life. i pay 80 a week and ive saved thousands of dollars in 2 months that ive been in treatment. id suggest methadone to anyone that lives their life 4 the next pill. i live mine for myself and family thanks to methadone
What clinic do you go to?
3rd grade reading level

Brentwood, TN

#18 Dec 22, 2011
worked in treatment wrote:
Hello I would have to say that the methadone treatment centers are nothing but trouble. I have seen patients that came into treatment after 7 or more years of methadone treatment this is stupid. Methadone should on be used in short treatments no more more than 6 - 12 months at the most. I have watched these poor patients I have to help Detox them this is very sad that Methadone is still in use when there are better ways to get off drugs ...Like suboxone or subutex and these treatments are shorter and much easier on the patient than Methadone ---- if there do not abuse it, or let the doctors extend there treatment to longer than they need it. Suboxone and subutex should not be used in a very long treatment i have seen patients get put on long treatment because of severe pain and the patients have had better outcomes than patients on methadone.
Are you serious? Its almost like you were thinking of an idea, then you stopped typing then started back when a different idea popped into your Signal Mountain inbred brain. Please do your research before you open your retarded ass mouth. Suboxone and subutex are very harmful drugs responsible for many deaths the same as methadone. Its all up to the individual to be responsible. I get so sick and tired of window lickers like you that open your suck hole just to open it with nothing to back your idiotic claims up.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Dec 24, 2011
To all of you who keep saying Drug Addiction is a disease. Cancer is a disease, its usually not preventable, same with diabetes, its heredetary. Most other diseases are not preventable. Drug addiction is a choice.
Fools

Knoxville, TN

#20 Dec 26, 2011
Addiction is not a choice. Granted it is the result after a choice or two, but by definition addiction is the absence of rational decision making capabilities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lookout Mountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11) 3 min Pmg 37,793
Chattanooga is the worst city in Tennessee (Sep '10) Fri Defeat Corker 70
Married m for married f Aug 17 Can not delete 28
This is what it now takes to get a job??? Aug 13 ThomasA 41
Swingers club (Apr '14) Aug 12 MtnGuy 26
News Experience the solar eclipse from a scenic over... Aug 12 Dunlap 2
anr/abf in chattanooga area Jul 29 fastbilly 1

Lookout Mountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance