Is this place any good?

Since: Nov 11

Cabot

#2 Sep 24, 2012
I think it's pretty good. (:
yummy

Ward, AR

#3 Sep 24, 2012
It's the best!!!! My family goes there all the time.

“The Ice Princess of Topix”

Cabot, Arkansas

#4 Sep 24, 2012
I'm not usually a fan of BBQ at all, but this place is fabulous. My family eats there sometimes and it's wonderful. :)

Since: Sep 12

Haslet, TX

#5 Sep 25, 2012
It's not bad, mean pig is better
ash

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Cabot curious wrote:
It's not bad, mean pig is better
mean pig has awesome sandwiches but has horrible sides!!!!

Little Rock, AR

#7 Oct 3, 2012
mean pig is the worst barbq I've ever eaten. I've had Grandpa's and was not impressed with it, either.

I like the place in Gravel Ridge that's also a butcher shop. They have the best ribs and pulled pork I've ever had and really good sides.
buff

Haslet, TX

#8 Oct 14, 2012
ash wrote:
<quoted text>mean pig has awesome sandwiches but has horrible sides!!!!
Mean pig meat is too chopped up and dried out. Much like beef jerky.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 16, 2012
better than mean pig i think
Best Guest

Cabot, AR

#10 Nov 14, 2012
I preferMean Pig. grandpa's was too greasy, and gave me gas for a week.
New to Cabot

Cabot, AR

#11 Mar 7, 2013
I ate here a few weeks ago. It was ok. I told the lady that when we were paying our bill and she got really upset. Upset that it was just ok. Also I saw the waitress refilling the BBQ sauce jars with Corky's sauce!
WhatRUthinking

Cabot, AR

#12 Mar 8, 2013
I would be talking to the Arkansas Health Department about Grandpa's BBQ. They might have of the AHD website about how the inspections went, I know it didn't get a very good review this time.I personally love the food here and the coconut cream pie is good enough to slap ya momma down over, But after my friend that works as an inspector said no to eat there I have been staying away. I don't know what the problem was for they wouldn't tell me but if the ADH suggested not to eat there I personally will not eat there tell my friend gives me the thumbs back up. Because these people really know how to do BBQ and they do it a whole lot better than the Ransid Pig down the road.
Owner

Cabot, AR

#13 Mar 8, 2013
WhatRUthinking wrote:
I would be talking to the Arkansas Health Department about Grandpa's BBQ. They might have of the AHD website about how the inspections went, I know it didn't get a very good review this time.I personally love the food here and the coconut cream pie is good enough to slap ya momma down over, But after my friend that works as an inspector said no to eat there I have been staying away. I don't know what the problem was for they wouldn't tell me but if the ADH suggested not to eat there I personally will not eat there tell my friend gives me the thumbs back up. Because these people really know how to do BBQ and they do it a whole lot better than the Ransid Pig down the road.
I dont know who this is, but you have your facts wrong. The father of the health inspector said Grandpa's BBQ is the only restaurant that his son would let him eat. We have always recieved great reviews by ADH. The last five years' grading sheets are posted at the restaurant.

Yes, we do use Corky's sauce, as does Whole Hog and three other local restaurants.

I would be happy to answer any further concerns.
just me

Heber Springs, AR

#14 Mar 8, 2013
Owner wrote:
<quoted text>I dont know who this is, but you have your facts wrong. The father of the health inspector said Grandpa's BBQ is the only restaurant that his son would let him eat. We have always recieved great reviews by ADH. The last five years' grading sheets are posted at the restaurant.

Yes, we do use Corky's sauce, as does Whole Hog and three other local restaurants.

Where are you located? Love BBQ and pass through there quite often. Would love to stop and try you out.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#15 Mar 11, 2013
ash wrote:
<quoted text>mean pig has awesome sandwiches but has horrible sides!!!!
Their beans are the best! They have a patient on them. I'm not a big back bean eater but love theirs. Grandpas is ok but not a fan of Corkys sauce. Their BBQ nachos are really good.
Pokidawgman

Cabot, AR

#16 Mar 14, 2013
Mr Owner, My family and I was in there about two weeks ago for the frist time since we moved here to Cabot about three years ago. It was around 1:30 pm or so we set down and I bet we waited a good 8 minutes. Before we getting ready to get up and go a waitress finaly came to our table. We were the only people in there so I know they weren't waiting on anyone and they were standing behind a half wall at the soda mashine, laughing and gossiping. Just before be got up to leave, he older middle aged lady came and took our dinks orders. The food came but we had to ask the waitress for our drinks. She acted all pissed off and then came back with them and set them at the table and we had to figure out who's drinks whent to whom. We were told by some friends that Thurday ws all the ribs you can eat, so that is what two of our group ordered, when the two that had ribs finally got another waitress to come to the table, we orderd a few more ribs, She instead brough out one rib I guess for both of us to share and that was it. About then two of her friends came in and PooF! our waitress was gone, never to have seen after. No tea, refilles, no sodea refills, nothing, Some of our party wanted to order on of the fried hot pies you had on the menus but no one ever can bake over to find out if we wanted anything else. Our older waitress thought her friends were more important to take care of paying customers. I want this ol gal to know that TIP money she did get when to pay for our drinks after we left your store in complete thurst. We all decided that any of us will never return to Grandpa's BBQ again. If this is the kind of service they do, we will just spend our money on down the road, To many good BBQ places around in the county to have to put up with this. I am guessing since ol Lou Lou Roland, stopped in one day now they common customers don't mean crap. We went out to a couple very goof BBQ places and has better service, couldn't say they had better food, but don't matter if the food is good or not if you get crappy service, that ruins the thoughs of people wanting to come back. I know my family want be back and I know the other could that was with us said they will never be back. They said they have eaten all over the US and have never seen anyone so rude by not taking care of your customers. They will never be back as well. I think if they would take care of customers so badly, what are they hiding behind those walls going in to the kitchen?
Scarlett

Cabot, AR

#17 Mar 15, 2013
I took my parents here on thur 3-14 the service was horrid!My parents where here from Il and we have always loved going there cuz they love the food as do we ,but this time it was cold when it finaaly got to our table by a waitress who looked like she would rather be anywhere but there so neeedless to say we didnt have a good lunch. We couldnt even get her to come back to the table so that the stone cold bricket could be heated we had to take it up there ourselfs.The funnest part was when she did bring the 3 Fried Pies and said to be careful cuz they would be "really Hot" where still almost froze in the centers .
My father being the man that he is still left her a tip she was lucky it wasnt me paying iv been a waitress so i know the demands of the job and that the tips are based on serves and she wouldnt have gotten one ,esp since there where only 2 other customers in there at the time .
Owner

Cabot, AR

#18 Mar 15, 2013
There is absolutely no excuse for the poor service and food you received! I am truly sorry and sincerely apologize. All of your concerns will be addressed. I only wish I knew who you were so that I could try and make it up to you.
A Very Satisfied Customer

Cabot, AR

#19 Mar 15, 2013
Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know who this is, but you have your facts wrong. The father of the health inspector said Grandpa's BBQ is the only restaurant that his son would let him eat. We have always recieved great reviews by ADH. The last five years' grading sheets are posted at the restaurant.
I have eaten there for sometime. I have never eaten anything that was bad. Yes the building is old. If the health department said what they said they did "they would have shut them down. This is an great place to eat.
A Very Satisfied Customer

Cabot, AR

#20 Mar 15, 2013
Sorry, I did not realize I was in the owners comment. Beginning with "I have eaten...."

I have eaten there for sometime. I have never eaten anything that was bad. Yes the building is old. If the health department said what they said they did "they would have shut them down. This is an great place to eat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lonoke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can you sell Pecans? (Nov '10) 16 hr tracy 186
News Gang Leader Found Guilty (Feb '06) 17 hr Big J 11
David Butler Fri could be david 10
Does any one know a Christopher allen wilson?? Dec 8 Christopher wilson 4
tod meuir (Nov '11) Dec 4 WickedlyGood arises 23
Ezee Motor. Kolyn and Wayne Ezell Dec 3 Curiois 1
builders in cabot (Jul '11) Dec 3 Msb 9

Lonoke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance