City eyes ways to attract retail

City eyes ways to attract retail

There are 1 comment on the LongmontFYI story from Feb 12, 2011, titled City eyes ways to attract retail. In it, LongmontFYI reports that:

'Retail doesn't take care of itself,' Jon Schallert, president of the Schallert Group, told the Longmont City Council on Friday on Day 1 of its retreat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LongmontFYI.

Since: Feb 11

Loveland, CO

#1 Feb 14, 2011
OK. I will be the echo. We do need sensible development of retail in Longmont.

Before going to a laundry list of needs, I would like to congratulate Longmont's leaders in the good job that we have seen. The Highway 119 corridor is location to many new shopping opportunities. Downtown has lost a few business to the recession, but it seems to be thriving. I enjoyed receiving the Art Enthusiast publication last week. The downtown is a delightful place to relax with a coffee or beer and take in one of the glorious sunsets here. The restaurants are to die for. And there are entertainment opportunities, too. Tours, theater, music and more make Longmont's Main Street a great place to frequent.

Continued development will occur along main corridors of Longmont. I hope the city plans for sensible traffic flow. One of the great things I like to brag about here is its traffic moves well. You can expect to encounter severe congestion in well-traveled main arteries during rush hour. But having lived in other suburban areas, I can say Longmont has done an excellent job.

At some point, train traffic will have to be addressed. Maybe the answer is in moving tracks farther east. Mass transit would greatly enhance this area as more high tech and aerospace move here.

Please address Twin Peaks for all the reasons others have cited. We can do better.

Best regards,
SuZ Alvarez

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Longmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perry Square 20 hr free stuff 1
missing person from Arkansas MISSING PERSON ALERT Jul 6 concerned 1
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) Jul 5 BigSis 1,115
Longmont man convicted of stalking ex girlfriend Jul 2 Zebra 1
News The government may soon decide who's a craft br... Jul 2 Miss Id 2
News Woman finds 8.52-carat diamond at state park Jun 28 Jenji Licious 2
News Hartford Homes begins construction on 287-home ... Jun '15 jenny010101 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Longmont Mortgages