Stella Pastucci candle exploded

Stella Pastucci candle exploded

Posted in the Long Valley Forum

Upset former customer

Morristown, TN

#1 Dec 6, 2012
DON'T BUY FROM SKYLITE CADLE CO EXPLICIT WARNING (Must Read): roughly 7 months ago I had purchased a candle from Stella Pastucci and it exploded & burned my couch. I had left the room to start the dishwasher, I know youíre not supposed to leave an unattended candle burning but I was only out of the room for a minute or two when I heard a LOUD BANG. I ran into the room, glass, gel & flames everywhere! I had let it on the coffee table roughly 2 feet from the couch. It exploded with enough force that it burnt the armrest, seat & back rest. The closest thing was a blanket my grandmother had made for me before she died, all I could think to do was to throw it on the flames to smother it, but it was too late. The damage was done, my couch & grandmotherís blanket was ruined and I was terrified. All I had asked for was for her company to replace my couch $700, but she told me I was a liar and to go ďFĒ myself & hung up on me. I tried to contact her again later but refused to answer my calls. Iíve done some research on her & those types of candles and found some very interesting facts. Stella doesnít have a manufacturing license or insurance so the only way to recoup my loss is a law suit, which means retaining a lawyer at $1,500 that I donít have, twice what I could replace the couch for. I also found out that she has a criminal background and has been arrested several times for assault & drug possessions. She was also fired from a former employer for stealing credit card numbers from their clients. I also found out that these types of candles have a long history of problems. Here is one caught on camera exploding
(sorry the guy swears on this video). I have accepted my loss. I know Iíll never get my grandmotherís throw back or get anything from Stella for my couch. I do thank god that this wasnít worse and that my kids were with my x-husband at the time.

Selden, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Glad you did not get injured. Have you thought about contacting the news channels, like cane on your side?
Upset former customer

Morristown, TN

#3 Dec 7, 2012
No I didn't but will look into it now. I posted this on her Fbpage and got threatened by her and harassed by her friends. All I wanted was my couch replace.
Had problems too

Morristown, TN

#4 Dec 7, 2012
I don't know her personally but seemed like she was pretty cool. I bought one from her like a year or so ago and had problems but nothing like you experienced. When the wax got low the flame got very high, like a foot or more. Wouldn't blow out so I used a bowl from the kitchen to cover & smother the flames. Didn't know you had to be licensed to make them but sounds reasonable. I haven't bought anything else from her since. Sorry to hear of your luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Szechuan Royale traditional Chinese food Apr 27 Long Valley girl 1
Hackettstown life (Mar '11) Apr 24 BaskingRidge 9
News 'Everyone knew Connor': Belvidere HS students m... (Mar '16) Apr 23 whiteforbabs 3
Contractor sent home from Mars Chocolate plant Mar '18 Mickey 2
Review: Haze, John J DDS - John J Haze DDS (Jul '09) Feb '18 NJgal 20
News Owner of Albanese Sports Gallery in Belvidere a... (Jan '09) Feb '18 jac21047 6
News Clients detail problems with Randolph home desi... (Nov '06) Feb '18 DannyC 7

Long Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Long Valley Mortgages