H.S. Football talk back
Molinet Knows

United States

#36756 Jul 12, 2011
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nike/ESPN 7 vs 7 in Oregon:
For anyone that had doubt's about QB Chad Kelly, put it to bed. He was All Tournament after he led his team to the top spot. Kelly was 25/30 334 yards 2 td's 2 int's.
There were three players from NY, QB Chad Kelly(team Alpha Talon), CB Wayne Morgan(team Vapor Carbon). Morgan's team lost in the finals to Kelly's team, and Long Islander DeVante McFarlane(team Land Sharks)from HHHW.
McFarlane played well I'm sure he's going to get some more offers after his appearance in the 7 on 7. His SPARQ rating was 92.43.
-Despite Kelly's satts, Kelly's team-St. Joe's of Buffalo-was 6-5 overall last season, winning the Monsignor Martin AA Championship...St. Joe's hosted a CHSFL team-Monsignor Farrell(Staten Island, 4-6 overall) and lost to a not so good Farrell team...Coming up this season, on September 10th, Monsignor Farrell will host Kelly & St. Joe's on Staten Island...It will be St. Joe's 2nd Game(Game 1 vs Rochester Aquinas) and it will be Farrell's 1st game...Farrell has a new Coaching Staff, in which the HC has prior Collegiate Coaching experience...

-Since 2006, the CHSFL has played 10 games vs The Buffalo Monsignor Martin League....

-The CHSFL leads the Series 7-3...

'10:
-Farrell Beats St. Joe's, 21-20.
-HT Beats St. Francis, 21-19.
-Canisius Beats St. John the Baptist, 41-7.
-O'Hara Beats Xavier, 40-19.

'09:
-Farrell Beats Timon, 21-12.

'08:
-HT Beats St. Francis, 20-13.

'07:
-StA's Beats St. Joe's, 39-0.
-St. Francis Brats HT, 26-14.

'06:
-StA's Beats St. Joe's, 49-29.
-HT Beats St. Francis, 13-7.

-So Kelly has name recognition, season stats, offers, a commitment, 7-7 stats in Oregon, an Elite 11 Invite, all excellent indicators of ability...The fact remains that he and his St. Joe's team lost to a not so good Downstate team, and he's coming to the Metro area to play in a Regular season game in September, which is exciting for HS Football enthusiasts....We will see then if he really is as good as his hype indicates in a REAL game in the loving confines of an always angry Staten Island environment.
LIfan

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#36757 Jul 12, 2011
does Farrell get a good crowd?

“I call it as I see it”

Since: Aug 07

New York

#36758 Jul 12, 2011
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
-Despite Kelly's satts, Kelly's team-St. Joe's of Buffalo-was 6-5 overall last season, winning the Monsignor Martin AA Championship...St. Joe's hosted a CHSFL team-Monsignor Farrell(Staten Island, 4-6 overall) and lost to a not so good Farrell team...Coming up this season, on September 10th, Monsignor Farrell will host Kelly & St. Joe's on Staten Island...It will be St. Joe's 2nd Game(Game 1 vs Rochester Aquinas) and it will be Farrell's 1st game...Farrell has a new Coaching Staff, in which the HC has prior Collegiate Coaching experience...
-Since 2006, the CHSFL has played 10 games vs The Buffalo Monsignor Martin League....
'10:
'09:
'08:
'07:
'06:
-So Kelly has name recognition, season stats, offers, a commitment, 7-7 stats in Oregon, an Elite 11 Invite, all excellent indicators of ability...The fact remains that he and his St. Joe's team lost to a not so good Downstate team, and he's coming to the Metro area to play in a Regular season game in September, which is exciting for HS Football enthusiasts....We will see then if he really is as good as his hype indicates in a REAL game in the loving confines of an always angry Staten Island environment.
LMAO!!!! The CHSFL on Staten Island is a joke!!!! The fact that these CHSFL teams from Staten Island play upstate CHSFL and beat them make the upstate teams an even bigger joke. The fact Farrell has a new HC with "college experience" means nothing. The truth is the talent pool on Staten Island is too small to have 4 CHSFL teams. Farrell, St Joes, St Peters and Moore Catholic are all AA to A level teams at best. "angry Staten Island Enviornment" LOL!!!

“I call it as I see it”

New York

#36759 Jul 12, 2011
LIfan wrote:
Prior to 2000 Farrell was the crown jewel of Staten Island Football. The programs record back in the 90's, 80's and 70's were outstanding. A usual crowd for a Farrell game is somewhere between 500 to 750. When Farell plays St Joes or St Peters you can double the attendance due to the rivalry factor.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#36760 Jul 12, 2011
LIfan wrote:
Farrell Football: "Welcome to the Jungle"
http://farrellfootball.com/article.asp...

New Head Coach:

Farrell Football Records:
http://www.msgrfarrellhs.org/apps/pages/index...

“I call it as I see it”

New York

#36761 Jul 12, 2011
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Farrell Football: "Welcome to the Jungle"
New Head Coach:
Farrell Football Records:
http://www.msgrfarrellhs.org/apps/pages/index...
Glad you posted this info. Like I have posted from the very beginning. The schools belonging to the CHSFL recruit and give scholarships for football. Read the wording below.

"The Staten Island Scholarship Fund, a non-profit organization and registered 501c(3), is operated and maintained independently of Monsignor Farrell High School. It is an outside organization and as such does not act as an official agent of the school, the administration, or the Archdiocese of New York. For more information about the Fund, please send an email to: [email protected] "
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#36762 Jul 12, 2011
Bronto wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you posted this info. Like I have posted from the very beginning. The schools belonging to the CHSFL recruit and give scholarships for football. Read the wording below.
"The Staten Island Scholarship Fund, a non-profit organization and registered 501c(3), is operated and maintained independently of Monsignor Farrell High School. It is an outside organization and as such does not act as an official agent of the school, the administration, or the Archdiocese of New York. For more information about the Fund, please send an email to: [email protected] "
"operated and maintained independently of Monsignor Farrell High School. It is an outside organization and as such does not act as an official agent of the school"

-Duh, it's not the school....Read & comprehend...Oh, you're from Bellport, it's the best you can do...
LIfan

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#36763 Jul 12, 2011
noticed Clarke vs. Roosevelt in the Carrier Dome to open the season...its a start...maybe down the road these guys wouldn't have to play each other but some competition from outside section 8 to kickoff the season. As usual Joe Vito thinking outside the box...too bad aren't more like him.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#36764 Jul 12, 2011
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
'10:
'09:
'08:
'07:
'06:
Who cares what he does at St. Joe's, if they go 0-8 it won't matter. It seems like Clemson or the 17 other DI schools that offered him didn't give a crap either. Kelly can read defenses and can hit the open receiver, he showed it with some of the top 100 ahtlete's in the country at the NIKE/ESPN 7 vs 7 in Oregon. When he attends the Elite 11 in August in CA, he'll show even more.
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#36765 Jul 12, 2011
LIfan wrote:
noticed Clarke vs. Roosevelt in the Carrier Dome to open the season...its a start...maybe down the road these guys wouldn't have to play each other but some competition from outside section 8 to kickoff the season. As usual Joe Vito thinking outside the box...too bad aren't more like him.
that is different teams you jerk.
Nassau 3

Maspeth, NY

#36766 Jul 12, 2011
Word has it that they are looking into Tom Casey concerning incident with student years ago.Where were they 2 weeks ago when they hired him? What is going on in Wantagh?
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#36767 Jul 12, 2011
is tom pugh still at holy cross--let me know
bigtool

Dallas, TX

#36768 Jul 12, 2011
I wanna suk his cocker!

“I call it as I see it”

New York

#36769 Jul 12, 2011
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
"operated and maintained independently of Monsignor Farrell High School. It is an outside organization and as such does not act as an official agent of the school"
-Duh, it's not the school....Read & comprehend...Oh, you're from Bellport, it's the best you can do...
Here is another example as to why you clearly couldn't cut it as a journalist for Newsday. Your lack of investigative reporting. Who do you think runs the Scholarship program???? Why would the scholarship program be linked to the Farrell Football website??? Why would Farrell be sponsoring two little league football programs with the rights to use the school's football facility????

So you go on and continue to attack me about being from Bellport. Its ok. I will continue to post facts to support my argument regarding the CHSFL.
nassau 3

Maspeth, NY

#36770 Jul 12, 2011
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>that is different teams you jerk.
Before calling anyone a jerk, know your facts. Clarke Rams vs Roosevelt Roughriders Sunday September 11.
bigtool

Bergenfield, NJ

#36772 Jul 12, 2011
nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Before calling anyone a jerk, know your facts. Clarke Rams vs Roosevelt Roughriders Sunday September 11.
no way beno
Cousin Vinny

AOL

#36773 Jul 12, 2011
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>that is different teams you jerk.
First of all there is no other W.T. Clarke High School in the state of NY except for the one in Westbury. Second the 9/10 Saturday game that had Clarke vs Roosevelt has indeed been changed to the Carrier Dome to be played on 9/11 Sunday @ 11:00 A.M.
hempstead

Garden City, NY

#36774 Jul 13, 2011
hello
hempstead

Garden City, NY

#36775 Jul 13, 2011
why the heck would clarke play up in the carrier dome against roosevelt couldnt they play a better team then clarke .its a losing program going nowhere same plays every year .
Reallyreallyreal ly

San Mateo, CA

#36776 Jul 13, 2011
Sachem High (NY) running back Dalton Crossan nabs two in-state D1 offers this past week.what colleges offered him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long-Island-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 17 min The Feed Store Boys 4,769
the alphabet game (Oct '11) 20 min Ben 3,577
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 22 min Jack 18,516
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 23 min Jack 17,291
trump best president in history 24 min Jack 4
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 45,645
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 316,242

Long-Island-City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long-Island-City Mortgages