H.S. Football talk back
Lbk

Wyandanch, NY

#28279 Aug 12, 2010
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Please...don't embarrass these guys anymore...it's not fair to them. I mean...wow...14 and 28 making runs and plays against a very bad Bethpage team...and cleaning up in garbage time against an historically lousy program Valley Stream South. Why don't you whip out last year's championship game against Lawrence...and watch # 28 do nothing but catch a meaningless touchdown pass...get held to next to nothing in rushing, stripped and fumble which turned that game around...and # 14 who made no plays whatsoever but watch the back of Barnett's jersey as he ran for four scores in a 41-7 trouncing. Don't show highlights against weak teams...it's what they do when it counts and against the best competition available. Maybe this year they'll step up.
I guarantee me and travis locke will have 3,000 yards combined
LongISland Forever

Wyandanch, NY

#28280 Aug 12, 2010
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...let me apologize to # 14 about that Lawrence game...you still didn't make any plays...but you did do something that made the game really funny for the Lawrence players. I mean...it was hysterical listening to you yell..."Syracuse this and Syracuse that!" Every time you got within earshot of Kinder who was usually 30 yards downfield...while you tried to catch up. That was great...it made for a memorable on-field experience. Maybe this year while the real # 14 plays for Syracuse...you can learn by shutting your mouth and just playing the game. Talk is cheap...and your mouth will never give you an edge on the field or earn you a thing for college.
100% behind you on this
Insider

Bedminster, NJ

#28281 Aug 12, 2010
Lbk wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee me and travis locke will have 3,000 yards combined
3000 yards...that and another 25 cents wouldn"t get you a ride on a city subway. Stop talking....and try and listen. In fact...show this to your teammates if in fact this is you #14..because I am trying to help. You Lynbrook guys have about the best talent the school has had in quite some time...in particular on defense. What you guys need to do is Shut Up on the field...play to the whistle and quit playing "dirty." Stop with the extra punching and kicking at the bottom of the piles trying to intimidate. It doesn't work...it pisses teams off...and you're wasting your energy on it...not to mention the probability of getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. What you need to do is concentrate on being consistent...concentrate on executing...out-work and out-hustle your opponents...cause defensive turnovers...and keep your emotions in check. Play with class...and stop the talking. Be humble in victory and proud in defeat. Go win a championship...so your 3000 yards mean something. And lastly...make sure you kick ass in the classroom...because the competition at the next level demands it. Good luck...I'll be watching.
Conf 3 Football

Plainview, NY

#28282 Aug 12, 2010
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
3000 yards...that and another 25 cents wouldn"t get you a ride on a city subway. Stop talking....and try and listen. In fact...show this to your teammates if in fact this is you #14..because I am trying to help. You Lynbrook guys have about the best talent the school has had in quite some time...in particular on defense. What you guys need to do is Shut Up on the field...play to the whistle and quit playing "dirty." Stop with the extra punching and kicking at the bottom of the piles trying to intimidate. It doesn't work...it pisses teams off...and you're wasting your energy on it...not to mention the probability of getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. What you need to do is concentrate on being consistent...concentrate on executing...out-work and out-hustle your opponents...cause defensive turnovers...and keep your emotions in check. Play with class...and stop the talking. Be humble in victory and proud in defeat. Go win a championship...so your 3000 yards mean something. And lastly...make sure you kick ass in the classroom...because the competition at the next level demands it. Good luck...I'll be watching.
He forgot to mention stay off the roids!!!!!
Cole

New York, NY

#28283 Aug 12, 2010
Why is it that every year everyone tries to discount Garden City's accomplishments? Seriously,year after year they consistently put out one of the best teams in Nassau County and often are the Long Island champions in their conference. I think because they're an all white school people think that they're not a quality team. Both of my sons played against them and everytime I saw nothing but quality athletes who appeared very well disciplined and coached.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#28284 Aug 12, 2010
St. Anthony's vs State College HS in PA on Fri night, Sep 10th.

State College HS Preview:
http://www.wjactv.com/sports/24417143/detail....

State College Record:
'09: 12-3, lost in PA AAAA(Large School)State Championship.

'08: 12-1, lost in PA AAAA State Quarterfinals.
Conf 3 Football

Plainview, NY

#28285 Aug 12, 2010
Cole wrote:
Why is it that every year everyone tries to discount Garden City's accomplishments? Seriously,year after year they consistently put out one of the best teams in Nassau County and often are the Long Island champions in their conference. I think because they're an all white school people think that they're not a quality team. Both of my sons played against them and everytime I saw nothing but quality athletes who appeared very well disciplined and coached.
They are a very good program and every program on Long Island should strive to be like them. I don't think it has anything to do with color. They are well coached, but they don't have really tough competition in there conference. I would have like to see Garden City play a Freeport or HHHW from last year would be some good games. I played DB against them in highschool and there WR's were some on the best stalk blockers I ever seen. That goes to show you the time and dedication they put into teaching the kids the real fundamentals of the game. Just because your a coach does mean you know how to teach football. Over at Garden City they know the game and know how to teach it to there kids.
Nassau 3

Cedarhurst, NY

#28286 Aug 12, 2010
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...let me apologize to # 14 about that Lawrence game...you still didn't make any plays...but you did do something that made the game really funny for the Lawrence players. I mean...it was hysterical listening to you yell..."Syracuse this and Syracuse that!" Every time you got within earshot of Kinder who was usually 30 yards downfield...while you tried to catch up. That was great...it made for a memorable on-field experience. Maybe this year while the real # 14 plays for Syracuse...you can learn by shutting your mouth and just playing the game. Talk is cheap...and your mouth will never give you an edge on the field or earn you a thing for college.
You seem to know alot about what went on in that game (On field comments)Did you play for Lawrence?
Netto

AOL

#28287 Aug 12, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to know alot about what went on in that game (On field comments)Did you play for Lawrence?
Floyd rules !!!
Nassau 3

Cedarhurst, NY

#28288 Aug 12, 2010
Netto wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd rules !!!
NOT LAST YEAR
Insider

Bedminster, NJ

#28289 Aug 12, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to know alot about what went on in that game (On field comments)Did you play for Lawrence?
Nassau3...let's just leave it that I was well within earshot at that game and heard more than I care to write about. I know you're very knowledgeable about Lynbrook...so I hope I didn't offend you in any way. I get the sense that a lot of what these players say and do is tolerated by the coaches. They never seem to address it...and in fact may even encourage it. It's a shame...because it makes other teams really despise them and sullies their reputation. Lynbrook's reputation is nowhere near that of surrounding teams like Lawrence, Hewlett and Garden City.
lld

AOL

#28290 Aug 12, 2010
dirty team that will be watched closely by officials. the word is out on them,
Lynbrook owls

Wyandanch, NY

#28291 Aug 12, 2010
If playing dirty takes us to the Nassau Final then I don't want to play clean
longISland Forever

Wyandanch, NY

#28292 Aug 12, 2010
nassau 3 stop trying to act like you have inside connections with lynbrook
pmaggs14

Wyandanch, NY

#28293 Aug 12, 2010
you know your doing something right when u got haters!
Bwaaah

Staten Island, NY

#28294 Aug 12, 2010
pmaggs14 wrote:
and what have you done right..but post those bogus youtube videos that look like a pop warner highlight tape..GTFOOH!!!!!
Bwaaah

Staten Island, NY

#28295 Aug 12, 2010
pmaggs14 wrote:
Now check out a real RB..the best RB on the Island...period!!!!

lbk

Brooklyn, NY

#28296 Aug 12, 2010
lmaoo people pretending to be paul magloire...hes from lynbrook not franklin square
Nassau 3

Cedarhurst, NY

#28297 Aug 12, 2010
longISland Forever wrote:
nassau 3 stop trying to act like you have inside connections with lynbrook
Lets put it this way.You dont know what i forgot in high school football.Arent you the one who INSISTED that Kyle Ambury is a senior? Dennis Sanstiban instead of Joel Santistaban and are you serious that you didnt know what happened to coach Andre? One of the best coaches in long island.
lld

AOL

#28298 Aug 12, 2010
playing dirty won't get you into college because the word is out that you are a dirty, selfish team. no college coach wants that and believe me they hear it from other coaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long-Island-City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Into The Night 62,340
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr DILLIGAF 13,882
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr NYStateOfMind 334,395
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Princess Hey 16,828
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Susanm 312,810
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr reddevil76 13,322
Knicks talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr reddevil76 6,601

Long-Island-City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long-Island-City Mortgages