Driver killed in head-on crash trying...

Driver killed in head-on crash trying to pass on Astoria bridge

There are 3 comments on the KREM-TV Spokane story from Nov 18, 2009, titled Driver killed in head-on crash trying to pass on Astoria bridge. In it, KREM-TV Spokane reports that:

One woman was killed Tuesday in a two-car crash on the Astoria-Megler Bridge. Oregon State Police said 51-year-old Kathleen Ann Brock of Long Beach, Wash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KREM-TV Spokane.

stephen millar

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2009
I was a personal friend of Kathy and she was a kind and loving soul, whom apparently made a mistake that cost her , her life. Such a sad ending to another precious life. My deepest condolences to her husband, randy, whom i have known for many years and who is left to go on without her. her death will be mourned here in southern california , where she had many , many friends.
Laura

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2009
On behalf of our family, I want to say to Herbert Leslie Goebel and his family how very sorry we are for the pain and suffering that you have experienced since the accident involving my younger sister, Kathleen Ann Brock. We have tried to locate the Goebel family to personally express our deep and sincere apologies. We hold you in our family prayers. Kathleen was rushing to return her rental car by 12 noon. She had a three inch hole under her arm with an IV drain, having just come from the hospital minutes before entering the bridge. She had been previously rushed to emergency for a severe spider bite and had just come from treatment. Hence, no seat belt this time. Kathleen made a tragic error in judgement as she tried to pass while driving a rental car she was unaccustomed to driving. We mourn the loss of Kathleen, beyond words, knowing that she never would have wanted to hurt anyone. She was a sensitive, overly responsible, disciplined and generous person. Mr. Goebel, we are so very sorry.
brenda shiro

San Diego, CA

#4 Jan 15, 2014
I miss her every day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blob of warm Pacific water threatens ecosystem,... Apr '15 H20 the new Oil 1
Hello friends Mar '15 Durgesh 09838308070 1
Irresponsible driving on Ocean Park beach entrance (Nov '14) Nov '14 emmasma 1
Review: Tire Hut (Oct '14) Oct '14 alba 1
News The Wahkiakum County Eagle Homepage (Aug '14) Aug '14 Swiftest 1
Review: The Hair Tender (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sally1987 1
Past teacher or administrator (May '14) May '14 Brenda 1
More from around the web

Long Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]