Deputy: Man ends Wash. standoff with ...

Deputy: Man ends Wash. standoff with fatal shot

There are 1 comment on the KHQ-TV Spokane story from Apr 7, 2014, titled Deputy: Man ends Wash. standoff with fatal shot. In it, KHQ-TV Spokane reports that:

A Pacific County sheriff's officer says a man has ended a Long Beach trailer park standoff with southwest Washington law enforcement officers by fatally shooting himself after apparently setting fire to his trailer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHQ-TV Spokane.

Witness

Long Beach, WA

#1 Apr 9, 2014
The whole story is much more interesting than that dribble. The reasons behind him setting his trailer on fire and shooting another man, and the one he was going after first but missed him and his family by mere minutes.

The man above was mentally ill and recently his medication was changed and he was not held for evaluation of the new psyche medication. Heavy hallucinations brought on by that and lack of sleep had him convinced everyone and everything was out to get him.

Couple days previous after receiving his new medication he told me he called the police on himself because he was having an episode and needed to be stopped before he hurt someone.

After that he was convinced that I and everyone else had heard about it and we were all calling him a rat, he tried to coax myself and the victim into his trailer to talk. I felt I had been spiritually pushed back to my family and to then take to them away from the situation. There was no changing the poor mans visions or convincing him of their falsehood. I didn't know what was coming, but I knew I couldn't stay in the park any longer. The person in control of him was no longer that man trying to get somewhere in life I knew a week ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacific County/PUD Cutting Trees In Bay Center ... Feb '16 Caroline 1
News Blob of warm Pacific water threatens ecosystem,... (Apr '15) Apr '15 H20 the new Oil 1
Hello friends (Mar '15) Mar '15 Durgesh 09838308070 1
Irresponsible driving on Ocean Park beach entrance (Nov '14) Nov '14 emmasma 1
Review: Tire Hut (Oct '14) Oct '14 alba 1
Review: The Hair Tender (Aug '14) Aug '14 Sally1987 1
News Fishing & Hunting Report (Nov '13) Nov '13 act 1

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages