Teen killed in shooting

Teen killed in shooting

There are 98 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 30, 2008, titled Teen killed in shooting. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A 15-year-old boy was shot and killed Saturday while walking in a central Long Beach neighborhood, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

sapo verde

Hamilton, OH

#82 Dec 2, 2008
Ronald wrote:
We should do a cost-benefit analysis.
While his death is indeed "sad", had this misguided youth lived, he might have ended up killing us, just for the Hell of it, or some innocent 7-11 clerk working a second job to support his family, or during a violent takeover robbery at one of our area restaurants that still stay open after dark.
Ronald
You might end up killing someone in an auto accident. Yet, your death would be a loss, nonetheless.
sapo verde

Hamilton, OH

#83 Dec 2, 2008
Ronald wrote:
We should do a cost-benefit analysis.
While his death is indeed "sad", had this misguided youth lived, he might have ended up killing us, just for the Hell of it, or some innocent 7-11 clerk working a second job to support his family, or during a violent takeover robbery at one of our area restaurants that still stay open after dark.
Ronald
You might come down with a terminal illness requiring extensive care. Should we do a cost benefor analysis of your life to see if it is worth it for the state to care for you?
Rip-jabari_jb

Long Beach, CA

#84 Dec 2, 2008
please wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in the insane baby rolling crips, you lying piece of ghetto trash.
Thank god the little animal is dead.
WOW YOUR SO MESSED UP FOR THAT, ii HOPE YOU GET STRiKED BY THE LORD
DONT YOU DARE CALL JB A FREAKING ANiMAL!!
YOU PROBABLY DONT KNOE NOTHING ABOUT HIM!
ii HOPE YOU GO 2 HELL
RiP JABARi BENTON ; ii WiLL LOVE YOU FOREVER :(
Rip-jabari_jb

Long Beach, CA

#85 Dec 2, 2008
what a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that because you have nothing to lose because you're ghetto, with a ghetto loser's unbreakable sense of entitlement.
Those days are coming to an end. Time to up and get a job, home gurl. Welfare won't be carrying you much longer.
MAN YOUR JUST A HATER MAN!
GETTO? SHE iSNT EVEN GHETTO
THATS NOT EVEN CLOSE SHE JUST CARES ABOUT
HIM UNLIKE YOU. YOU HAVE INGORANCE IN YOU.
STOP ARUGiNG WITH LITTLE KIDS & GET A LIFE!

RiP JABARi i LOVE YOU
Rip-jabari_jb

Long Beach, CA

#86 Dec 2, 2008
richard wrote:
the police are just another gang...another shooting in LB, big deal...welcome to so cali...it's been this way for 30 - 50 years....
WOW YOUR JUST SO STUPiD MAN,
OKAY SO WHEN YOUR IN TROUBLE OR BETTER
YET DYiNG CALL SOM1 FROM ROLLING 20 OR BABiES iNSANE
&& LET HIM HANDLE iT...YOUR FULL OF INGORANCE,
YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WORLD.. BUT STILL
IT DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG CALI HAS BEEN LIKE THAT
THE FACT IS, IS THAT JABARi BETTER YET ANY YOUNG KID
SO NOT BE GETTING SHOT OR HURT OVER SOMETHING SO MiNOR.

RiP JABARi JAMiE BENTON ; ii LOVE YOOUH
EastSider

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#87 Dec 2, 2008
really is ignorant wrote:
As a matter of fact, Jabari's death had nothing to do with gang affiliations. He was killed by a "grown man" because of the man's girlfriend being taken by jabari. Hmmm.. yeah that sure sounds like a good reason to get killed by some on older than you doesnt it? NO IT DOESN'T! So for the people saying jabari died because of his ties to a gang... why don't u go talk to his family, or his friends, or somebody that knows his friends, or maybe jus go talk to the man that shot him. or maybe talk to the police that know who the man that shot jabari is, but they're still "looking" for him. Please get the right facts before you diagnose the cause of his death!
Perhaps you should come forward and provide this information to the police, since you seem to know so much about the crime.
Ronald

AOL

#88 Dec 2, 2008
sapo verde wrote:
<quoted text>You might come down with a terminal illness requiring extensive care. Should we do a cost benefor analysis of your life to see if it is worth it for the state to care for you?
Sapo.

In more enlightened and less superstitious times even the common man such as yourself knew the wages of sin is death. As Jesus noted, all men have sinned through Adam.

The State is unlikely to ever change that fact. Even with extensive "care", that destiny is effected very little, if any. That holds true, no matter how much tax the State imposes for the presumed "care" it mandates, or whether or not one smokes tobacco.

Ronald
Erin Brewster

Long Beach, CA

#89 Dec 2, 2008
Give Jabari's family my condolences i went to school with him and i will miss him alot find out whoever did this
born_N_raised_LB C

Redmond, WA

#90 Dec 3, 2008
2 the people who typed all these negative comments about this kid that just died - its all gonna' come back 2 you just like it did 2 the shooter. may he rest in peace
hmmm

United States

#92 Dec 3, 2008
born_N_raised_LBC wrote:
2 the people who typed all these negative comments about this kid that just died - its all gonna' come back 2 you just like it did 2 the shooter. may he rest in peace
I wonder what Jabari did that made Karma shoot him dead?
Chico Hernandez

Redondo Beach, CA

#95 Dec 3, 2008
Just like on black Friday, white people did not kill anyone for a TV that they were buying with welfare money.How come its alway the same cultures doing these type of things to other people ?
Chico Hernandez

Redondo Beach, CA

#99 Dec 4, 2008
LB Previous wrote:
The problem isn't guns, weapons, class, poverty, laws, etc.
The problem is the "people" as in what type. If you start increasing the population of negros, latins, etc. you will also have a coresponding increase in crime.
Blacks have a unique pattern and so do latins but a lot ar4e similar.
Beyond a certain percentage, a tipping point if you will, the society will become overtaken by that element and reflect those values which will be hard to accept by the more civilized societies.
It is all the same whether it is compton, detroit, africa, mexico city, south america, etc.
Most people want to live in a nice society and that means white society in the western world. So less civilized minorities move to those white areas.
When they accumulate there in suffecient numbers, they then turn that society into a degenerated version of the hell hole that they came from.
The whites won't live there and they flee. Then after ruining that place these same minorities also move to another white society, etc. it then becomes an expensive cycle.
When it gets so bad, that almost none wants to live there, then sometimes they can gut it all out and start over, by rebuilding everything and by attracting whites back into the area. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but it and all of the social ills, that go along with this pattern, will eventually tear down and break society financially, morally, and in other ways.
Nothing will ever change as long as these things are never talked about we all keep pretending that the problem is a lack of laws, money, enforcment, etc. You enact laws until you are drowning in them. you can keep building prisons and hiring more cops, building more schools, etc. but the minority baby factories can pop out those children faster that you can solve the problems.
Bottom line is low class lifestyles are acceptable in those minority communities but they still want it to be "nice".
100% correct !!! Stop feeding and housing this garbage!!!The democrats are the ones to blame...Regardless of education and staying out of jail they want us all to live the same, side by side...Thanks for destroying California with diversity...
my take

North Hollywood, CA

#100 Dec 4, 2008
LB Previous wrote:
The problem isn't guns, weapons, class, poverty, laws, etc.
The problem is the "people" as in what type. If you start increasing the population of negros, latins, etc. you will also have a coresponding increase in crime.
Blacks have a unique pattern and so do latins but a lot ar4e similar.
Beyond a certain percentage, a tipping point if you will, the society will become overtaken by that element and reflect those values which will be hard to accept by the more civilized societies.
It is all the same whether it is compton, detroit, africa, mexico city, south america, etc.
Most people want to live in a nice society and that means white society in the western world. So less civilized minorities move to those white areas.
When they accumulate there in suffecient numbers, they then turn that society into a degenerated version of the hell hole that they came from.
The whites won't live there and they flee. Then after ruining that place these same minorities also move to another white society, etc. it then becomes an expensive cycle.
When it gets so bad, that almost none wants to live there, then sometimes they can gut it all out and start over, by rebuilding everything and by attracting whites back into the area. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but it and all of the social ills, that go along with this pattern, will eventually tear down and break society financially, morally, and in other ways.
Nothing will ever change as long as these things are never talked about we all keep pretending that the problem is a lack of laws, money, enforcment, etc. You enact laws until you are drowning in them. you can keep building prisons and hiring more cops, building more schools, etc. but the minority baby factories can pop out those children faster that you can solve the problems.
Bottom line is low class lifestyles are acceptable in those minority communities but they still want it to be "nice".
I don't even care that the average joe doesn't want to talk about it. That's fine.
The problem is local and national politicians don't talk about it amongst themselves, and relate to reality.
When unemployment was skyrocketing back in the fifties, Eisenhower did the right thing. He deported all latino immigrants, legal or not.
Employment prosperity, and a reduction in state deficits ensued.
Multiculturalism doesn't work. It CAN'T work for a multitude of reasons.
Diversity is good in extremely measured doses.
Creating "koreatown," or whatevertown stratifies communities, and lower's the standard of living for everyone surrounding it.
Currently, the entire east side of Long Beach is "Illegal Mexican Immigrant Town," and as I look around, I'm noticing that side of the city's wheel deep in the social/financial ditch.
Eisenhower would have known better than to administrate us into this social cul de sac.
Politicians don't need to serve notice that the average black or latino cannot function in large numbers in a western european society.
All they have to do is administrate our country, taking that as a given.
Team Inland Clippers

Riverside, CA

#101 Dec 4, 2008
Jabari was not a gang member he was an Athlete and a good one at that and stayed away from gangs. He played point guard for our basketball travel team. He had no more trouble than any other kid. Talk to the people that actually knew him before you start making comments.
We would like to know when his funeral will be please email me at [email protected]

You will be missed...
Team Inland Clippers

Coach Jerome & Players.
Chico Hernandez

Redondo Beach, CA

#102 Dec 4, 2008
Team Inland Clippers wrote:
Jabari was not a gang member he was an Athlete and a good one at that and stayed away from gangs. He played point guard for our basketball travel team. He had no more trouble than any other kid. Talk to the people that actually knew him before you start making comments.
We would like to know when his funeral will be please email me at [email protected]
You will be missed...
Team Inland Clippers
Coach Jerome & Players.
I'm a father of three, none of them have ever gotten into any trouble. Most of these thugs have long rap sheets, since they were tought by their single parent, to be bad people. They think the Gov. owes them something...It makes me sick the way this culture refuses to raise law abiding children...Never change until they pay their own way to live in a house ,have a car,eat ...Just like the rest of us...No free LUNCHES !!!
david

Redmond, WA

#104 Dec 4, 2008
I no who realy killed him I go to lindbergh middle school north longbeach
karla rip jtrey

Redmond, WA

#105 Dec 5, 2008
Jabari ill miss u so much friend
U were so much fun made my day betteer wen I was down, always funny
U will be missed
I still cnt belive u r gone
Everyone misses u soooo much
Didn't really get 2 say goodbye
But ill see u l8r in heaven jb
Rest and be in peace, yea people say that ur in a better place but, we all still wish u waas heere nd not there
My favorite memorie of u is when ppl said how much they like ur eyelashes nd u made that cute face of urs Haha wow that always makes me smile ;)
Well u said u be there for me 4ever, nd u will but now ull be watchin me from up there
Ily nd imy bby boy <3
precious

Long Beach, CA

#106 Dec 8, 2008
r.i.p jabari benton you will always be missed
jackass

Long Beach, CA

#107 Dec 8, 2008
ay dont be comming at jabari filed because you next...
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what Jabari did that made Karma shoot him dead?
really is ignorant

Long Beach, CA

#108 Dec 8, 2008
Please wrote: "He was in the insane baby rolling crips, you lying piece of ghetto trash.
Thank god the little animal is dead".

HAHAHAHA! First of all, theres no such thing as the "insane baby rolling crips". That comment right there shows that you dont know what you're talking about. Like i said before, if you are going to comment on a subject please get your facts right. And why would you thank god the animal is dead??? Did he come to your house and pose a threat to you? When you come and make comments like these instead of making people agree with you...you make people laugh at you. you don't sound smart at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 51 min Brian 4,530
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 5 hr Jeff488 3,601
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Buck Rohde 20,926
News CA: 24 Members of Florencia 13 Gang Named in Ri... (Oct '07) Thu DNCK 479
News Slain Norwalk cyclist is ID'd (Nov '09) Mar 20 tellinitlikeitis 52
neighborhood parks in Cerritos Mar 19 neighwatch 1
Latinos Running Blacks Straight Outta Compton (Jan '13) Mar 18 harveyboy11 139

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages