First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Dec 3, 2008
I am the Godmother of Jabari's father and best friend of his grandmother for 45+ years and through all the ups and downs of live GOD has blessed us to remain best friends. Amen

To all who have extended their prayers and condolences, we the family and friends of Jabari Benton thank you.

To all of Jabari Benton's real friends: The family ask for PEACE. In memory of Jabari Benton, NO MORE BLOODSHED OR DEATH.

To all of you ignorant people who want to sit around and judge or pursecute need to sweep around your own front door and pay close attention to your own problens and straighten them out them may well reduced this senseless killing among people no matter what the age creed or color. FYI JABARI COMES FROM A GOOD WARM LOVING RESPECTABLE CHRISTIAN FAMILY WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT MANKINED. He was taught to have morales, principles, values, respect, love and compassion for his fellow man
His family has taken a firn stand against gang viloence with their STOP THE GANG VIOLENCE calendars throughout Long Beach and surrounding cities in past years. Like Snoop Dog you can't help who makes your aquaintance or what they do. Like many teenagers he tested some waters, that when his village step up and supported his football and Basketball playing in and out of stste. He was taught right from wrong so yes he was a good respectable young child that GOD BLESSED us with and no one had the right to take his life. I know that Jabari knew how much he was loved.

To the readers: WAKE UP EVERYBODY, the reporters are earning they paycheck by any means necessary, even lying to the public in print and charging you for it.

To the shooter: You will be caught and you must do your time. I pray to GOD no harm comes to you before you must answer to the MASTER on your JUDGEMENT DAY.

To the LBPD: It's time to earn you pay check and safely removed this mence off the streets forever.

JABARI IS ALREADY ALRIGHT WITH THE LORD
REST IN PEACE MY ANGEL
GODGRAN PEACHES
seriously

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 3, 2008
sapo verde wrote:
<quoted text>A child is dead. A family is grieving. Have you no compassion?
A member of the Insane Baby Crips, a group that habitually terrorizes the Long Beach community, is dead. His mess of a family is wailing for the police to earn their paycheck. Have you no common decency?
bestfriend

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2008
THE POLICE ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHIN BAD TO SAY ABOUT SOME ONE I AM JABARI BESTFRIEND HE NEVER DID NOTHIN TO MESS UP THE COMMUNITY LIKE YALL SAY WE MADE MISTAKE HERE AND THEN BUT NOTHIN SERIOUS I DONT THINK HE DESERVED TO DIE HE WAS TO YOUNG AND FOR THE POLICE TALKIN ABOUT HES FROM A GANG YOU SHOULDNT JUDGE HIM JUST CUZ HE WAS FROM A GANG THE LAPD AND LBPD IS A GANG EXCEPT YALL WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT YOU GUYS DONE HURT MORE PEOPLE THEN A NORMAL GANG HAS YOU DONE BEATTHE CRAP OUT OF RODNEY KING YOU GUYS KILLED SEAN BELL AND MANY MORE AND WHAAT WAS YOUR CONSEQUENCES NOTHIN BUT A LOSY JOB BUT IF IT WAS SOME ONE ELSE THEY WOULD BE IN JAIL JUST CAUSEYOUR THE POLICE DONT GIVE YOU A RIGHT TO DISCREMINATE NO ONE ESPICIALY SOME ONE YOU DONT SOOO I THINK YALL JUST DO YOUR JOB AND STOP TALKIN WHAT YOU DONT NO
seriously

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Dec 3, 2008
bestfriend wrote:
THE POLICE ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHIN BAD TO SAY ABOUT SOME ONE I AM JABARI BESTFRIEND HE NEVER DID NOTHIN TO MESS UP THE COMMUNITY LIKE YALL SAY WE MADE MISTAKE HERE AND THEN BUT NOTHIN SERIOUS I DONT THINK HE DESERVED TO DIE HE WAS TO YOUNG AND FOR THE POLICE TALKIN ABOUT HES FROM A GANG YOU SHOULDNT JUDGE HIM JUST CUZ HE WAS FROM A GANG THE LAPD AND LBPD IS A GANG EXCEPT YALL WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT YOU GUYS DONE HURT MORE PEOPLE THEN A NORMAL GANG HAS YOU DONE BEATTHE CRAP OUT OF RODNEY KING YOU GUYS KILLED SEAN BELL AND MANY MORE AND WHAAT WAS YOUR CONSEQUENCES NOTHIN BUT A LOSY JOB BUT IF IT WAS SOME ONE ELSE THEY WOULD BE IN JAIL JUST CAUSEYOUR THE POLICE DONT GIVE YOU A RIGHT TO DISCREMINATE NO ONE ESPICIALY SOME ONE YOU DONT SOOO I THINK YALL JUST DO YOUR JOB AND STOP TALKIN WHAT YOU DONT NO
What would it take for you to pack up and go back to Africa? Would you do it for 50K in cash, and a one-way ticket?
You have no idea how tired people in general are of your repetitive black victim minstrel song.
I'm serious. How much would it take to get you to move, and release your citizenship?
We really need you to voluntarily leave for good.
Scott

Perris, CA

#7 Dec 3, 2008
Yes he never did anything to mess up his neighborhood except belong to a violent gang and commit violent criminal acts. Please don't come to my neighborhood and "not mess it up" like Jabari did.
bestfriend wrote:
CHS

Norwalk, CA

#8 Dec 3, 2008
I'd hate to see how this chap would have turned out if he hadn't come from such a wonderful family.
CHS

Norwalk, CA

#9 Dec 3, 2008
bestfriend wrote:
Your parents must be proud of you. You're quite the little communicator, aren't you?
from a real victim

AOL

#10 Dec 4, 2008
My condolenses to the family. Unfortunately my child was a victim of Jabari, and it was not a "minor crime", there was physical violence and theft involved which Jabari paid the piper for. Remind you, this was NOT his first legal incident. However, it does not give anyone the right to take this childs life. Afterall, you learn from your mistakes. This child wasn't done learning. Let this family rest in peace. I, have forgiven him, keeping in mind he was a child and his brain not fully developed. To all of you that are Jabari's friends, please think before you act. Think of the real world consequences. It's not worth it kids. You are too young, so before you yell that gang name, throw up that sign, think more than twice. You too could end up paying the piper. God Bless all of you!
Actually

North Hollywood, CA

#11 Dec 4, 2008
from a real victim wrote:
My condolenses to the family. Unfortunately my child was a victim of Jabari, and it was not a "minor crime", there was physical violence and theft involved which Jabari paid the piper for. Remind you, this was NOT his first legal incident. However, it does not give anyone the right to take this childs life. Afterall, you learn from your mistakes. This child wasn't done learning. Let this family rest in peace. I, have forgiven him, keeping in mind he was a child and his brain not fully developed. To all of you that are Jabari's friends, please think before you act. Think of the real world consequences. It's not worth it kids. You are too young, so before you yell that gang name, throw up that sign, think more than twice. You too could end up paying the piper. God Bless all of you!
The gang trash who are trying to be supportive of Jabari are actually cowards. They are cowards because they are behind this boy simply because he wasn't beating the hell out of them or stealing from them.
To side up with someone who is a violent gang member, simply because he isn't victimizing THEM, is the height of moral cowardice, and the operative theme of Jabari's fortunate death.
If I had a "friend," who was robbing, or beating others, or had felony record, that person would no longer be my friend, even though he "made me laugh."
That's a character issue these moron's, including his wretched "parents," don't seem to be getting, and that's why they're in here making fools of themselves.
They should jusy be quiet, stay using the library computers to make stupid commnets, and move on.
from a real victim

AOL

#14 Dec 4, 2008
JUSTGODSMIRACLE wrote:
I am the Godmother of Jabari's father and best friend of his grandmother for 45+ years and through all the ups and downs of live GOD has blessed us to remain best friends. Amen
To all who have extended their prayers and condolences, we the family and friends of Jabari Benton thank you.
To all of Jabari Benton's real friends: The family ask for PEACE. In memory of Jabari Benton, NO MORE BLOODSHED OR DEATH.
To all of you ignorant people who want to sit around and judge or pursecute need to sweep around your own front door and pay close attention to your own problens and straighten them out them may well reduced this senseless killing among people no matter what the age creed or color. FYI JABARI COMES FROM A GOOD WARM LOVING RESPECTABLE CHRISTIAN FAMILY WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT MANKINED. He was taught to have morales, principles, values, respect, love and compassion for his fellow man
His family has taken a firn stand against gang viloence with their STOP THE GANG VIOLENCE calendars throughout Long Beach and surrounding cities in past years. Like Snoop Dog you can't help who makes your aquaintance or what they do. Like many teenagers he tested some waters, that when his village step up and supported his football and Basketball playing in and out of stste. He was taught right from wrong so yes he was a good respectable young child that GOD BLESSED us with and no one had the right to take his life. I know that Jabari knew how much he was loved.
To the readers: WAKE UP EVERYBODY, the reporters are earning they paycheck by any means necessary, even lying to the public in print and charging you for it.
To the shooter: You will be caught and you must do your time. I pray to GOD no harm comes to you before you must answer to the MASTER on your JUDGEMENT DAY.
To the LBPD: It's time to earn you pay check and safely removed this mence off the streets forever.
REST IN PEACE MY ANGEL
GODGRAN PEACHES
To the respectable god loving family who raised this young boy to have respect, morales, and values, you might want to have those postings of this GOOD BOY smoking marijuana on my space videos removed. Just to save any future embarrasment.

GOD BLESS all of you and keep the faith.
LEAVE THIS BOY ALONE

Long Beach, CA

#16 Dec 4, 2008
TO ALL WHO HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY ON THIS POST, YOU WILL BE PUNISHED! LEAVE THIS POOR BOY AND HIS GRIEVING FAMILY ALONE, HE MAY HAVE DONE SOME THINGS THAT WERE WRONG BUT HE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE, AND TO THE KILLER IF YOU DON'T DIE BEFORE YOU'RE CAUGHT YOU WILL IN PRISON. TO THE RACIST ABOVE ME, MOVE OUT OF LONG BEACH CAUSE NO ONE WELCOMES YOU HERE, OBAMA IS OUR PRESIDENT NOW BECAUSE PEOPLE OUR SICK OF A WHITE HOUSE, TIME TO TRY A BLACK HOUSE AND IM SURE IT WONT BE CORRUPT ANYMORE NOW THAT BUSH IS GONE!!!
JABARI BENTON YOU WILL BE SO MISSED BY EVERYONE THAT KNEW AND LOVED YOU, WE WILL MAKE SURE YOUR KILLER IS BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.
LEAVE THIS BOY ALONE

Long Beach, CA

#20 Dec 4, 2008
Keith Krupp wrote:
Jabari in heaven? Doubt it.
You are an EVIL person and we need to get people just like you off the streets.
P in your pants

Long Beach, CA

#24 Dec 4, 2008
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
What would it take for you to pack up and go back to Africa? Would you do it for 50K in cash, and a one-way ticket?
You have no idea how tired people in general are of your repetitive black victim minstrel song.
I'm serious. How much would it take to get you to move, and release your citizenship?
if you weren't such a coward, you'll stop hidding in the closet, and organize a forum on the steps of LB City hall, spewing all your racist venom, I'm sure that with a lot of the posters in this forums, you will have a full audience, or maybe you just talk your racist crap, behind doors and among your friend who agree with you
gotta be kidding

Buena Park, CA

#27 Dec 4, 2008
Y'all are f***ed up. I never even met this kid but for f***s sake someone's life was just taken from them. I'm sure you've all had your mistakes in the past, and was he a model citizen, hell no but he didn't deserve to die, unless he in fact killed someone himself and I don't believe he did.
Bottom line is you should have some respect for the dead regardless of if he was from a gang.
wow

Lakewood, CA

#28 Dec 4, 2008
are you guys really serious? what is the problem. the world is trying to make a change and all you racist people have time to do is sit at your computer and talk about a child who has lost his life. not to mention disrespect his family. he may have made mistakes, and gone down the wrong path, but it gives no person the right to discredit him his life. to joke and disreguard any memory of him. who are you to judge him, how many of us have not traveled the wrong path, and made bad decisions? no one is perfect, if imperfection deserves death, then why are we all alive. have a little respect and let this young man rest in peace. my heart goes out to his family and friends, i know several of you, but never had the pleasure of meeting Jabari. may he rest in peace.
seriously

United States

#29 Dec 4, 2008
wow wrote:
are you guys really serious? what is the problem. the world is trying to make a change and all you racist people have time to do is sit at your computer and talk about a child who has lost his life. not to mention disrespect his family. he may have made mistakes, and gone down the wrong path, but it gives no person the right to discredit him his life. to joke and disreguard any memory of him. who are you to judge him, how many of us have not traveled the wrong path, and made bad decisions? no one is perfect, if imperfection deserves death, then why are we all alive. have a little respect and let this young man rest in peace. my heart goes out to his family and friends, i know several of you, but never had the pleasure of meeting Jabari. may he rest in peace.
You're calling people racist in here?
Let me ask you, are there any mexican gang member's in the Baby Insane Crips?
An equal opportunity gang, is it?

Jabari was kicked out of his high school, and was an violent gang member with a police record.

Let's be real, here. Hell is there for a reason.
It's not like "the Mona Lisa," where you just sit and look at it. It's a processing plant for evil.
And they don't have days where they don't put anyone in. They probably have some kind of daily quota. SOMEbody has to fry in there for eternity, consumed in a fire that never goes out. Where his teeth and his bones are ground, and baked into cakes that are passed around.
It might as well be Jabari.
abc

Long Beach, CA

#30 Dec 4, 2008
please, just leave him alone....
anon

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Dec 4, 2008
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, how silly of you to talk to a child like that. He obviously isn't from Africa. He's from America like you and I. Grow up.
SCC

United States

#32 Dec 5, 2008
JUSTGODSMIRACLE wrote:
REST IN PEACE MY ANGEL
GODGRAN PEACHES
I HOPE THIS WILL OPEN YOUR EYES.This was no Angel.
Stop blaming everyone else for this childs misfortune.You walk like a duck,you act like a duck, good chances you are a duck.
Check the Video.Does this look like a kid with good morals?
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/riip-jabari...
B-Ball team mates parent

United States

#36 Dec 5, 2008
Racism a live and well:( I guess you were never taught if don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. I hope this silly empty comments are being left by childern for they no not and not adults. However if you are an adult it is sad that you are going to leave this world just and ignorant as you entered it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 stabbed in Norwalk bar, suspect flees 9 hr Sideshow 1
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 13 hr Wendy 3,583
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr mexico 20,851
News My Fit Foods closes East Long Beach store, leav... 15 hr Ronald 1
News Powerful storm enters California and brings ris... 21 hr Now_What- 5
Get ready for the Goodyear air dock, a nine-sto... Feb 17 Leo 1
Jill Brooks AKA Jill Falkow Feb 17 Mimi 2

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages