Woman killed in single-car crash

Woman killed in single-car crash

There are 16 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Woman killed in single-car crash. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A 19-year-old woman, suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs, was killed in a single-vehicle traffic crash Sunday in Garden Grove, a police lieutenant said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Robert J G Jackson Sr

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2008
Tragic, but at least she didn't kill others too.
Morty

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#2 Jul 21, 2008
The concrete sign she hit was just put in months ago. My parents live in the area, and just the night before the tragedy, my dad wondered out loud when someone would run into it.
lbpd

United States

#3 Jul 21, 2008
brings up one of my theories. when ever a city puts up something different (sign,tree,whatever) within two weeks some moron runs into it. someone hit the trees at cherry and artesia, the sign on the 710 at 6th street, etc. magnetic attraction? or is it some sort of brain fart caused by something new to see. "wow look at that sign that is new. very pretty-feel funny-signnnnnnnnnn-must look away-KRRRR-POW!"
Sick of Idiots

Huntington Beach, CA

#5 Jul 21, 2008
People on other sites are blaming that concrete sign.

Bottom line - this girl was under the influence. Period. It was her own damn fault.

Addicts need to stop blaming everything else around them and take responsibility for thier own actions and accept the consequences.
nicey

Delano, CA

#6 Jul 21, 2008
Sick of Idiots wrote:
blah blah blah blah
huh
Wont be the last

Moorhead, MN

#7 Jul 22, 2008
The concrete sign is clearly in a poor location I have almost hit it due to people cutting the curve too close you the right. But let's not forget how many people who have died on Lampson, I was driving home when the black Mercedes crashed and killed 2 men....VERY VERY SAD!
This is a dangerous street because (people) speed on it, some are drunk and some just don't know how to drive.
It's an easy fix! warn your kids! let them read about how many people who have died on Lampson, and just maybe...(just maybe) they will slow down. That's the purpose of the red flashing lights after 10pm, maybe they should continue the red flashing light all the way to Valley View.
This won't be that last accident or death on the concrete sign, nor will it be the last one on Lampson Blvd.
Drive Safe to all!!
Know-it-all

Bellflower, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2008
nicey wrote:
<quoted text>
not cool. a young girl is dead.
I laughed. Guess I'm not cool either.
Najy

Santa Clarita, CA

#9 Jul 22, 2008
I grew up off of Lampson and Heather and I certainly recall fatal car accidents along Lampson, or what it was known as to us locals, "deadman curve".
I think a partial solution is to make the signal lights flash red after 10 pm to make the driver go slower. They have done that for about 20 years, between Heather and Seal Beach blvd. I think it's time to extend that to Valley View.
Have Some Heart

Long Beach, CA

#11 Jul 22, 2008
Realize that when you post something negative that this girl is someone's child, someone's grandchild, someone's niece, and definitely lots of people's friends. A few poor choices does not mean that she deserved this and it is certainly not for you to judge.
Keep your opinions to yourselves.
Tina

Addison, IL

#12 Jul 23, 2008
Your absolutely right (Have some heart) So glad to hear that some people on this site are SO, SO perfect and never made a bad choice.
Having that sign there made ALOT of people state that someone is going to hit it..."Tombstone" is right.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of this girl. May god be with each of you to help you through your loss.
Fred

Mclean, VA

#13 Jul 23, 2008
Women drivers really scare me. As a long distance trucker, I see women do many stupid things.
Art

Paramount, CA

#14 Jul 24, 2008
I was driving down Studebaker near 7th St. when a young women blew right past me and somehow lost control, went threw the fence and drowned in the outlet or water reight in front of us..Nobody could save her because the water there is very murky.
Since cars these days are very easy to drive Young people especially young girls don't have a clue on what to do when they are going very fast and they start to lose control. I grew up in the muscle car era when you reall had to know how to drive.
They should all go to Bob Bondreaunt school of driving
Mike

Bellflower, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2008
Art wrote:
I was driving down Studebaker near 7th St. when a young women blew right past me and somehow lost control, went threw the fence and drowned in the outlet or water reight in front of us..Nobody could save her because the water there is very murky.
Since cars these days are very easy to drive Young people especially young girls don't have a clue on what to do when they are going very fast and they start to lose control. I grew up in the muscle car era when you reall had to know how to drive.
I remember this incident when it was reported, I believe it was an SUV when she lost control. I use that off ramp all the time, and one would have to be a really really really bad driver to end up in the channel. A few years ago, a woman lost control of her car and crashed into the aqueduct near Pearblossom on 138 and her and her kids all died. You can still see the memorial.
Oh Please

Torrance, CA

#16 Jul 24, 2008
Najy wrote:
I grew up off of Lampson and Heather and I certainly recall fatal car accidents along Lampson, or what it was known as to us locals, "deadman curve".
I think a partial solution is to make the signal lights flash red after 10 pm to make the driver go slower. They have done that for about 20 years, between Heather and Seal Beach blvd. I think it's time to extend that to Valley View.
Would you like to pay for that? Then why are you asking taxpayers to? Pretty free and easy with other people's money.
The complete solution is don't drink, do drugs, and drive.
I consider that area to be fly paper for drunks, and as far as I can tell, it's working just fine, and I consider it Darwin approved.
Perhaps if this girl had killed a loved one, some of you wouldn't be so quick with the false tears.
If someone must be killed or maimed because of a drunk driver, let's thank god it was the drunk driver only.
Oh Please

Torrance, CA

#17 Jul 24, 2008
Art wrote:
I had a drunk girl clip 5 parked cars before driving her car through my fence, up the lawn, and into the living room of my house. Then she tried to run. I had another drunk total 2 of my cars parked on the street. No insurance. I'm so thankful this girl killed herself, before she killed others, or destroyed property. Drunk drivers kill and maim tens of thousands of people every year. Shed no tears. She is with Satan now.
ihatemaledrivers

Ewa Beach, HI

#18 Oct 12, 2008
Fred wrote:
Women drivers really scare me. As a long distance trucker, I see women do many stupid things.
and male drivers constantly try to run people off the road, INCLUDING women because they are so macho and suffer from penis envy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) 3 hr Casper 20
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 8 hr Lynn 3,561
News 49 still at large in Hawaiian Gardens gang bust (May '09) Mon Hgr 175
News U.S. Customs agents seize aluminum shipments Mon Modemitv 1
News Recycled wastewater to give Los Angeles County ... (Nov '15) Mon Dudley 6
Anyone remember "Seal Beach James" ? (May '08) Sun rvsdguy 56
Made over 300k this year from ATM Skimmers Jan 14 DonTrump 7

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance