Brea police fatally shoot robbery suspect

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Brea police fatally shot a 25-year-old robbery suspect outside his home in Yorba Linda today.
Comments
1 - 20 of 115 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 09

Long Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Good Job Team!! One less D O U C H E B A G!
Big Loss

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

The world can be a very cruel place to violent criminals at times.
fingers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

WOW.....nice jump to conclusions Conservative Rob. After living in Yorbe Linda and being accosted and down right harassed by the Brea Cops, I ended up moving to a different area. The Brea Police are arrogant, self-righteous, and most of the time, looking for something to do. I make this statement by experience and the experience of other who live there. The Brea Police, in my case, have actually profiled me. I did file a case against two officers and won the case, but because of the arrogance and stupidity of the powers that be, no discipline was administered. WELL DONE Brea Police! So to say Good Job Team!! shows your stupidity and arrogance as well. And by the way, my son was good friends with and attended school with the KID that was shot and killed. Now that I know all the facts to the incident, the Brea Police remain the epitome of "pigs".
Brave Booster

Oceano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Conservative Rob wrote:
Good Job Team!! One less D O U C H E B A G!
Also one less Liberal
The REAL LeRoy

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

fingers wrote:
WOW.....nice jump to conclusions Conservative Rob. After living in Yorbe Linda and being accosted and down right harassed by the Brea Cops, I ended up moving to a different area. The Brea Police are arrogant, self-righteous, and most of the time, looking for something to do. I make this statement by experience and the experience of other who live there. The Brea Police, in my case, have actually profiled me. I did file a case against two officers and won the case, but because of the arrogance and stupidity of the powers that be, no discipline was administered. WELL DONE Brea Police! So to say Good Job Team!! shows your stupidity and arrogance as well. And by the way, my son was good friends with and attended school with the KID that was shot and killed. Now that I know all the facts to the incident, the Brea Police remain the epitome of "pigs".
Tell us your tale, why did the Brea police pick you out of all the people in town to pick at? Seriously, if you can rationaly explain to us, we will pry be on your side. Until then, I am suspicious.
YL Resident

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

I am afraid I have to agree with fingers. There is a reason that in their last contract with Yorba Linda, Brea had to sign up to covering all liability for the actions of the Brea PD. It is because of all the very expensive lawsuits; millions, that YL has had to pay to relatives of those who have died at the Brea PD hands. The state of California had to enact a law against the Brea PD type of behavior after one of those deaths. Talk to any other local PD's; Brea police are considered to be trigger happy cowboys; not really what we should have in a low crime rate town like YL.
YL Resident

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

And now they have arrested Julien Collenders girlfriend. Brea PD does this to intimidate witnesses.
CopHaterHater

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

YL Resident wrote:
I am afraid I have to agree with fingers. There is a reason that in their last contract with Yorba Linda, Brea had to sign up to covering all liability for the actions of the Brea PD. It is because of all the very expensive lawsuits; millions, that YL has had to pay to relatives of those who have died at the Brea PD hands. The state of California had to enact a law against the Brea PD type of behavior after one of those deaths. Talk to any other local PD's; Brea police are considered to be trigger happy cowboys; not really what we should have in a low crime rate town like YL.
WOW. Trigger happy? It has been 10 years since any BPD officer has fired a round at one of our local low-lifes. State the law or post a link (to this supposed law) if you're going to reference it. I believe you've just been "roasted."
Veeeee

Buskirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

Shoot all the felons.,.Pleeeeaseeeeee!

Since: May 09

Long Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

fingers wrote:
Without looking in the dictionary, define HARRASSMENT. You probably cannot. I do not believe the outcome of the case you filed against the Brea Police Officers. First, if you file an administrative case only, then you would never find out the results of the investigation. The police officers bill of rights guarantees that fact. So you could not say you won a case against the officers, unless it was a civil case in court. If no discipline was warranted, they OBVIOUSLY no misconduct took place. I have a hard time believing that you are the church going saint that you claim to be. The police stop folks that need to be stopped. Thus making you another D O U C H E B A G!! Wake up and realize the C R A P you are shoveling.
Croak

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

"fingers" sounds like the kind of nickname a low-level criminal would adopt. Just sayin'
GITA

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Judged:

Sounds like one of those arrogant pigs made a boo boo! Usually. when a suspect points a gun or threatens a cop, they are QUICK about telling the media so that they get the public's sympathy and understanding. So why not say why they shot this guy? Did he pull out the gun? Did he resist arrest? Or maybe they didn't realize the guy's Dad was an attorney and now they'll need a really good reason for shooting him! Sounds like yet another case of cops on a power trip! What else is new? I doubt it but I hope this lowlife cop gets what he deserves.One less pig, one less racist, one less low life who completed a stupid academy course,now harrassing people who PAY THEIR SALARY and TRAINING!
There are a few good cops, I've had the privilege of meeting a couple, but most of em are the same thing....losers on a power trip! they complete a fucking academy course, get a badge and don't know what to do with themselves! oink oink...
story7

Brea, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Judged:

GITA wrote:
Sounds like one of those arrogant pigs made a boo boo! Usually. when a suspect points a gun or threatens a cop, they are QUICK about telling the media so that they get the public's sympathy and understanding. So why not say why they shot this guy? Did he pull out the gun? Did he resist arrest? Or maybe they didn't realize the guy's Dad was an attorney and now they'll need a really good reason for shooting him! Sounds like yet another case of cops on a power trip! What else is new? I doubt it but I hope this lowlife cop gets what he deserves.One less pig, one less racist, one less low life who completed a stupid academy course,now harrassing people who PAY THEIR SALARY and TRAINING!
There are a few good cops, I've had the privilege of meeting a couple, but most of em are the same thing....losers on a power trip! they complete a **** academy course, get a badge and don't know what to do with themselves! oink oink...
A cop told my neighbor (a good lawyer) that he (the cop) learned more about law from the academy and ojt.
25 from Yorba Linda

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Conservative Rob, you sir are the DOUCHE BAG.

I live in Yorba Linda and i agree with others that Brea PD is a sad excuse of a police department. They often profile younger people and act as if they can do whatever they want. However I wasn't there so i don't know what happened. I wouldn't be surprised though if this pig did shoot him without it truly being necessary. I'm curious to if they arrested his girlfriend cause she was actually involved in robbing someone or if it's just because she was his girlfriend.
YL Resident

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

CopHaterHater wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW. Trigger happy? It has been 10 years since any BPD officer has fired a round at one of our local low-lifes. State the law or post a link (to this supposed law) if you're going to reference it. I believe you've just been "roasted."
OK
The law is A.B. 2816.
Enacted after Chad Mac Donald was killed.
See the website
http://www.ndsn.org/SEPOCT98/LAWENF3.html
$1 million was paid to Chad's relatives

In 2003 Roman Pierson was stun gunned to death by Brea PD at the corner of New River Road and Yorba Linda BLVD

Also sueing the Brea PD was the relatives of Sophie Savas and her son who were killed by Brea PD officer Charles Croix who ran a red light; big settlement
Juggernaut

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

Judged:

First: Chad MacDonald was killed because he was an informant buying dope behind his "handlers" back. He was stealing dope from his dealers and reselling on the street. The law was enacted as a knee jerk reaction and the city paid not because they were culpable, but because it would have cost more to fight it than it was worth.
Second: Roman Pierson had 6 times the fatal amount of meth in his system. He did not die from being stun gunned to death and his family lost their case in court.
Third: Officer Croix did not run the red light, the family did. He was exonerated in court and on the civic case.
I think your "Assumptions" are without merit and you just hate BPD because you've been on their radar.
interesting

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2010

Judged:

Juggernaut wrote:
First: Chad MacDonald was killed because he was an informant buying dope behind his "handlers" back. He was stealing dope from his dealers and reselling on the street. The law was enacted as a knee jerk reaction and the city paid not because they were culpable, but because it would have cost more to fight it than it was worth.
Second: Roman Pierson had 6 times the fatal amount of meth in his system. He did not die from being stun gunned to death and his family lost their case in court.
Third: Officer Croix did not run the red light, the family did. He was exonerated in court and on the civic case.
I think your "Assumptions" are without merit and you just hate BPD because you've been on their radar.
I think you meant 'civil case' not 'civic case'

Overextending knowledge and relying on authority without merit is a common mistake that a lot of cops, their family members and low self esteem sympathizers make.
Insider

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

There are a lot of unanswered questions here. My condolences go out to this young mans family. I do not know if he had a gun when confronted by the Brea Police department. What I can say is he definately had a gun when he and Adela robbed three people. I know because my child was one of the three that had the gun placed to their heads. I sure there is more to the story but my child gave me and account of what happened and it would have made most of us pee our pants. Again, my heart goes out to the family of Julien.
THESAULSTER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

CopHaterHater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah!
YL Resident

Hawthorne, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant 'civil case' not 'civic case'
Overextending knowledge and relying on authority without merit is a common mistake that a lot of cops, their family members and low self esteem sympathizers make.
Sorry Juggernaut - you must be a Brea PD
You either fabricated your stories or bought the Brea PD fabricated stories. For those of us that live here - Brea PD is a poor excuse for a PD as most other local PD's will state.
The recent review by an independent organization has called for a civilian oversight board, which Brea PD is fighting. The report is public record.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Long Beach Forum right now

Search the Long Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr mile high 200,324
Plan to cut rangers decried (Sep '08) 4 hr Claudia Schou 49
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 7 hr Ocean 7,835
Long Beach wild Parrot problem 10 hr Ronald 3
Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns (Jul '13) 22 hr Ronald 112
Massachusetts boy battling cancer wants one thi... Tue Joyce 1
Immigration rally in Long Beach for Central Ame... Tue Amigo 16
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Jul 18 Ray Mills 3,037
•••
•••

Long Beach News Video

•••
Long Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Long Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••