Long Beach marijuana collectives continue permit war

A group of protesters gathered outside city hall to voice their criticism of the lottery process the city is using to choose which marijuana collectives can remain open. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Glenn Beck

Cerritos, CA

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Give these folks LIFE in prison. Criminal hooligans!!
maniac john tolos

Pasadena, CA

#2 Aug 27, 2010
who needs a permit ? just go back to selling drugs the old fashion way...
popcorn

La Verne, CA

#3 Aug 27, 2010
Stoners crack me up. They'll claim anything for a toke.
Ronald

Westminster, CA

#4 Aug 27, 2010
maniac john tolos wrote:
who needs a permit ? just go back to selling drugs the old fashion way...
maniac john tolos.

You are right. Why should us zonked out brain addled kids enrich the politicians with pot taxes?

Ronald
MMJ Patient

Irvine, CA

#5 Aug 28, 2010
Sounds like the City of Long Beach is doing some underhanded mafia b.s. They are taking the permit fees.$14,000 worth, telling the dispensary owners that they will consider their application, then bending them over and telling them they have been denied? Sounds like white collar embezelment to me. Is this the only way that the City of Long Beach can balance their budget issuese? Shame on the city's budget committee. Sounds like there needs to be some scrutiny on the employees be able to perform their jobs competently.

What about CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc. Do they have to pay almost $15,000 in application fees? Are those same drug stores prohibited from operating within 1000 feet of each other?? What about the patients? Shame on you Long Beach.
Carmina

Long Beach, CA

#6 Aug 28, 2010
So long it is not a consequent control in this drug's world.It will be always misunderstandings.
Misunderstandings with a high percent of human injuries.
The question in my opinion is,if really all the concept in the use of the product is recognized as a medical product,or is only a recommended/tolerated one?
The second question is,how is the search about this kind of therapy?
If the substance is only recommended, needs to be a special treatment/authorization for the individuals who wants to use this product.Prescribed to the individuals and in all the situations in the hands of the Medical Authorities.Medical Authorities means to get at the Medical Legal Centers.
In this situation I would think could be a very strong controversial between the Law/ the Users and the Medical Board.
I don't know if the mothers and fathers of the American Constitution would be in agree with the use of a substance that brings people to jail and its sales is considered as a corrupt act.
LBRez

Fountain Valley, CA

#7 Aug 28, 2010
MMJ Patient wrote:
Sounds like the City of Long Beach is doing some underhanded mafia b.s. They are taking the permit fees.$14,000 worth, telling the dispensary owners that they will consider their application, then bending them over and telling them they have been denied? Sounds like white collar embezelment to me. Is this the only way that the City of Long Beach can balance their budget issuese? Shame on the city's budget committee. Sounds like there needs to be some scrutiny on the employees be able to perform their jobs competently.
What about CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc. Do they have to pay almost $15,000 in application fees? Are those same drug stores prohibited from operating within 1000 feet of each other?? What about the patients? Shame on you Long Beach.
I totally agree with you. I am also a mmj patient and I am appalled at the city's tactics here. It does smack of extortion, particularly with no refund or even partial refund given if the collective is not chosen in the lottery. The fact that the city is allowing new collectives to open and accepting their $14k for lottery participation is proof that all they are trying to do is generate cash. If they were being fair, they would have limited the lottery to collectives which were already established and open, rather than adding to the number of applications for lottery, but of course, this wouldn't generate as much cash. Just 2 weeks ago, while leaving my collective, I noticed a brand new collective which opened right across the street. So much for limiting the collectives! The city should just be honest and call it what it is-"The great LB, let's wring 'em dry and then some campaign!". Pathetic and underhanded, but, that seems to be the way the city is going these days.
jimmy crack corn

United States

#8 Aug 28, 2010
I can't believe the city of Long Beach is eager to take money from sick people. Other medicines are not taxed like this. The folks that run the city should have there salaries reduced in order to reduce the budget.
Calm Down Potheads

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2010
I hope they close the one near my house. I'm tired of watching all of the loser "patients" Walk by my house on the way over there. Btw every loser "patient" is btwn 18-21 and free on weekday afternoons to go buy weed (AKA shiftless losers).

Close these down!!

Get a life potheads!!
OldGuysRule

Long Beach, CA

#10 Aug 28, 2010
Once again Long Beach is making it hard for businesses to get started and with it, adding jobs.
Heil Lakewood

Long Beach, CA

#11 Aug 28, 2010
How much longer are going to prolong the inevitable. Legalize and tax the plant already.
Glenn Beck

Long Beach, CA

#12 Aug 28, 2010
You are nobody unless you are a Mormon and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Gay Rich

Long Beach, CA

#13 Aug 28, 2010
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
maniac john tolos.
You are right. Why should us zonked out brain addled kids enrich the politicians with pot taxes?
Ronald
No point in ruining the millions made in the underground. Pot running is an easy way to save some money.
lester green

Pasadena, CA

#14 Aug 28, 2010
Gay Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
No point in ruining the millions made in the underground. Pot running is an easy way to save some money.
who, me ? i would sell all of my dope for like $368 million dollars... who, me ?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#15 Aug 28, 2010
if 10 man drinking alcoholic 2 hour later there is will be a fight start. if 10 man smoking marijuana 2 or more hours later there is always peace. lol
LBRez

Fountain Valley, CA

#16 Aug 29, 2010
Calm Down Potheads wrote:
I hope they close the one near my house. I'm tired of watching all of the loser "patients" Walk by my house on the way over there. Btw every loser "patient" is btwn 18-21 and free on weekday afternoons to go buy weed (AKA shiftless losers).
Close these down!!
Get a life potheads!!
May I have your address please? I would like to come by and have you look at me, determine a diagnosis and a course of treatment.We can then call the newspapers and promote you as a diagnostician who only has to look at people to know what is wrong with them. You seem to be very good at diagnosing peoples illnesses just by looking at them-like the "loser" patients who walk by your house. What did you call them, "shiftless losers"? I sincerely doubt that EVERY patient is between 18-21. You would be very surprised at the cross section of society who are patients. It is very easy to judge other people and I'm sure it makes you feel good to point your finger at those you judge to be lesser than you are. Before you open your big mouth and spout ugliness, make the effort to learn about the subject, its uses and benefits as medicine. Don't point fingers, that is such an ugly trait.
the Vulgarianz

Muncie, IN

#17 Aug 29, 2010
non refundable fees? just vote to make it legal.
diane feinstein & barabara boxer both have legislation ready to "overturn" prop. 19... make sure these 2 stay out of office!
voters rights are being trampled on.
END THE PROHIBITION!
the Vulgarianz

Muncie, IN

#18 Aug 29, 2010
Glenn Beck wrote:
You are nobody unless you are a Mormon and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
& you are a f%cktard!
Calm Down Potheads

Escalon, CA

#19 Aug 29, 2010
Dude
Just admit it, you like to smoke weed. It's not medicine. You like to get high, that's it. It's all bullshit.
And yea adults who smoke weed all day are shiftless losers.
thevulgarianz

Muncie, IN

#20 Aug 30, 2010
bet the city isn't going to ever do this to some old political conservatives "boner pills"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanted: Ebola screeners at JFK for $19 an hour 7 hr Ronald 5
Beware of email stating: Notice to Appear, 17 hr Jan 1
Omaha street renamed in honor of Marlin Briscoe 19 hr Phil 1
CSULB holds candlelight vigil to raise awarenes... 19 hr Ronald 5
Carina Cristiano Returns Home Following Her Fat... 21 hr mr white 2
Long Beach police probe fatal shooting of 18-ye... (Oct '09) Thu NoHarmDone 130
Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security Thu Stryker 2

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at October 25 at 2:44AM PDT

Long Beach News Video

Long Beach Dating
Find my Match

Long Beach Jobs

Long Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Long Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Long Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]