Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,721 - 165,740 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is indeed the difference, you arenít asking to take away anything from me, or them, but they sure want to take away something from you.
Just as we make thieves return stolen loot. It's called "Restitution". These so-called "rights" should not have been granted, in the first place. Correcting a wrong is not wrong.
it's the first step, on the road to rectification..
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It always makes me laugh, just how afraid of you they are.
What, in Gods name, are you making up now? ROFLMAO@ that one..
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
odd isn't it?
we're all just internet strangers, afterall. anyone that's influenced emotionally by what they read here, well, i sort of feel sorry for. that just means you're letting someone else control you and your emotions.
have a good day, big d.
Thank you, for a post that I can agree with. Honestly.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! Too Funny!
HAR!HAR!HAR! So Funny!
It always makes Big D laugh when someone is very afraid of "heart and mind".
Nice!
Too right!
:-)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Frank, do you know why those people from Joisey are so screwed-up mad? It's because they came that close to being New Yorkers, but fell short, at the last minute. They got ripped off...
Joisey is NY's funniest joke. You just need to say "Joisey" in NY and you'll get a laugh.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

F Rizzohasntsleptfor9days wrote:
<quoted text>
24/7 this dude is on here posting about gay marriage. You must know all the spots to get the best meth in Union City. You're a total tweaker, when was the last time u got some sleep? All night, all day your whole life is this thread. Maybe if u had a friend, or a gf or a life u could take a break from posting every 15 mins. Your mom must be so proud.
Your life must truly be empty, if all you can do is to target a veteran that is handicapped, and finds entertainment of the internet. Sad, man, that's sad... At least try to go and find a life somewhere, I'm sure that you're not a crippled 75+ yr old man.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMaresLifeLOL wrote:
<quoted text>
So what r u trying to say?? That it must really suck to be me??
Yep...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
What, in Gods name, are you making up now? ROFLMAO@ that one..
Big D is such a drama princess but it does spice up his otherwise very dull posts.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we done holding hands?
Snicker.
It's "Kumbaya" time... Or, is it "We shall overcome"?
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they flat out say there is another explanation and it should be researched further.
I guess you do have trouble with the English Language.
<quoted text>
Google? Seriously?
Perhaps you have heard of Webster or Oxford? Neither if which contain the term "Disproven".
That would also be the reason why you get that little red line under the word, because it is at best- slang.
You should ask for a refund for your tuition, that is if you actually paid for your degree and you aren't just another "internet genius."
Google, what a laugh... You are like that commercial- They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true..
I don't think that he wishes for you to trouble him, with sticky little details... He just wants for you to let a brother be, and shit...
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, whether Iím a hater or a hypocrite it doesnít matter, I still deserve Gay Marriage rights. And I donít have to care about others rights in order to deserve them. Thanks for the tantrum though, you never disappoint with your silly retorts.
Why do you make that bogus claim? Is it because we happen to disagree with your opinion? Grow up.

And..
"I donít. All the haters like he/she/it are willfully and arrogantly ignorant."
Try harder, pigeon-chest. WE know what's right, and we are not going to allow you to railroad us.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Go try speaking freely in China.
Why, are you planning on moving there?
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, I'm a hypocrite. Still doesn't change the fact that I deserve Gay Marriage equality. Now what do you have to say about that silly man? roflmao at you.
Actually, there is no equality in your request, as there is a disparity in your team..
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
On second thouht, I have no idea what you're talking about, care to expain?
Is English that difficult.......for you?
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it super slowly, still don't understand. Care to explain?
Go and ask mommy to draw you some pictures.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
From Wikipedia...
The Bill of Rights lists specifically enumerated rights. The Supreme Court has extended fundamental rights by recognizing several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:
The right to interstate travel
The right to intrastate travel
The right to privacy (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
a. THE RIGHT TO MARRIAGE (emphasis added)
b. The right to procreation
c. The right for a woman to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability
d. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices)[16]
e. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)
----------
Now, I'm not an attorney. I won't pretend to be one. But it's my understanding that "the right to marry" has been supported by 14 Supreme Court Cases.
I would say that your claim has been disproven!
Marriage, yes, in the accepted and traditional terms, as was understood then.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and ask mommy to draw you some pictures.
Marram doesn't understand what a right is. But he wants the "right to gay marriage" and we must give it to him dammit!

What a dope.
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so ignorant
Can you please show me the law where Human Fruit is mentioned?
What it is called is marriage, equal regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin
You are the one avoiding the point, there are already 18,000 legally married same sex couples in California right now, MARRIED, as legal and as recognized as your marriage or any other.
The legal question is why are new same sex couples not given the equal opportunity to marry as the 18,000 same sex couples that already are married.
Which means that the real question is why should new SSC's be given something that the first 18K shouldn't have been given..
Rock Hudson

Zirconia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, this is the problem with only getting your information from Faux news
Are you really unaware of how much they have won so far?
25 years ago no states or nations recognized same sex marriage.
The tally is climbing so fast it is hard to keep up, Delaware is the next state I think, California already does recognize same sex marriage by the way, there are 18,000 legally and recognized same sex married couples in California right now, France looks to be the next nation
They are winning right and left, every month the numbers change, and always in their favor.
We both know that section 3 of DOMA will fall, that means federal recognition of same sex marriage, Prop 8 is doomed no matter what the Supreme Court decides, as it will just go on the next ballot and Prop 8 will go down in a walk.
Are you really this blind as to what is actually happening, open your eyes.
No, we are well aware of what is happening..
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means that the real question is why should new SSC's be given something that the first 18K shouldn't have been given..
Your opinion does not matter, just as my opinion that Charles Manson should be dead right now doesnít matter.

There are 18,000 legally recognized same sex married couples in California right now... not an opinion, a fact. As legal and as recognized as your marriage ( assuming you are ) and mine ( I am )

Now Same sex couples are not being treated equally, some were allowed to marry, others cannot, dont fool yourself into thinking that isnít a part of the equal rights issue because it is.

It is the most likely reason that Prop 8 will fail, there are 2 standards for same sex marriage in a state that recognizes same sex marriage.( yes California does, or there would not be 18,000 legally recognized same sex marriages in California regardless of Prop 8 )

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Long Beach News Video

•••
•••

Long Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Long Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE