John F. Kennedy Sentenced to Death For Anchor Person Killing

Posted in the Long Beach Forum

terrible

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2009
A Long Beach man was sentenced to death today for lashing Thomas and Jackie Hawks to the anchor of a yacht and throwing them overboard off the coast of Newport Beach in a plot to steal the vessel and plunder the couple’s life savings.

Skylar Deleon showed little reaction as Orange County Superior Court Judge Frank Fasel explained that mitigating factors -- including any abuse Deleon suffered while growing up -- were outweighed by the “horrors” of the 2004 murders of the Hawkses and the earlier 2003 slaying of John Peter Jarvi in a Mexican desert.

Deleon was convicted of all three murders.

“The mental anguish and torment these three people must have anticipated while bound and eventually experiencing their ultimate fates warrants the death penalty instead of life without parole,” Fasel said in his packed courtroom.

A jury has also recommended death for John Fitzgerald Kennedy, a 43-year-old Long Beach gang member convicted of helping Deleon throw the Hawkses off their 55-foot yacht, named the “Well-Deserved.”

Deleon’s ex-wife, Jennifer Deleon, was found guilty by a jury in 2006 of murder and sentenced to life in prison in connection with the yacht murders.

Another man on board the boat when the couple was killed, Alonso Machain, cooperated with the government and awaits trial.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/04...
joecairo

Irvine, CA

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Isn't that the guy that Alvin Bernstein, much travelled LB Parks and Rec Anti-Gang Supervisor, hired to work for him?
Anon

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Apr 10, 2009
evil
Anon

Pleasanton, CA

#4 Apr 10, 2009
did Skylar's ***-*** grow back?
Mr X

San Gabriel, CA

#5 Apr 10, 2009
He will probably die of old age or someone will bash his fat head first before California excecutes him.
lesson

Anaheim, CA

#6 Apr 10, 2009
Anon wrote:
evil
Never trust a Kennedy.
eddie mora

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 29, 2012
I can't believe that I can't get a straight answer from the Internet. My specific question is yes, or no, has skylar deleon been executed. If not, then when is his scheduled date of execution. He stated on television that he is not scared of dying. I would love to get ahold of that pussy and prove him wrong. I can assure you he would pee in his pants and beg for his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 4 hr arnold kelly 3,155
11-7-14 Michael Brown’s mother may face felony ... Tue Ronald 2
Los Angeles protests muted after grand jury ann... Tue Zak 1
Winners and losers under Obama's immigration plan Nov 24 Long Doc 4
Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Nov 23 tabitatoney 49
Freaky Long Beach Nov 23 alphaabrown 1
Black Activists Speak Out against Obama Amnesty... Nov 22 Ronald 2

Long Beach News Video

Long Beach Dating
Find my Match

Long Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Long Beach News, Events & Info