people in military bases in France in...
PatEucom

Versailles, KY

#2806 Jul 16, 2013
Jane wrote:
What did J2 designate at Camp des Loges? We were stationed there from 62 - 65 and my father worked there.
To the best f my knowledge ,the offices at Headquarters were numbered J and then a number followed. The one I recall hearing about was J5.That was the men's latrine! When money came to us in the form of a letter from home etc.I would ask my husband where it came from and he would always say "J5". It was our joke that remained for the rest of his life..As it was a Joint Command maybe the J stood for Joint..Not sure.
alain birckel

Orléans, France

#2807 Jul 16, 2013
christiane virmont wrote:
<quoted text>
réponse : " chateauroux air station " . good luck
christiane in france
i knew mme marchesi(still in contact with her son francois who still live in france)i was in contact with many gi s as i work in a garage with 99% american GI.s...USA USA USA..and i spent 30 years in the US and going back..god bless..
robert w fischer

San Rafael, CA

#2810 Jul 19, 2013
i lived in orleans france 1960-62. is anyone out there that remembers anything? people i went to school with would now be 62 or 63.
Alain WOJCIK

Élancourt, France

#2812 Jul 20, 2013
My name is Alain Wojcik I was born April 10, 1952 in Dreux (my father Jean and mother Maria, my sister Jeannine). I lived in Saint Rémy sur Avre, near Nonancourt or I always my parents' house.
My parents rented a house on Perkins, Albert and Rita family. Albert was like you, military in St Andrew.
There was also Jennins family who lived on my street. M.?. Jennins was also at the base of St Andrew. They had a baby boy, Jim. Jim had a sister who was born in France.
I am looking for this family, last known address Lexington - Kentucky.
Have you known this family of Saint Rémy sur Avre?
Regards

Mail : [email protected]

(Google translation )
Carine

Montréal, Canada

#2813 Jul 20, 2013
Je cherche mon père Dimitrious Pérez. Il a été soldat sur la base d'Harbord Barracks en France en 1964-1965. Il est né en 1946. Il a rencontré ma mère Maryse Thevret en 1965. Vous pouvez me contacter au [email protected]
Merci.
lowell

Paris, France

#2814 Jul 21, 2013
bonjour,je recherche des informations sur mon père Joey Holt il était soldat en 1959/1960 au camp des loges ou à rocquencourt.je suis néà versailles en 1960.Contact [email protected]
Minxy

Gilbert, AZ

#2815 Jul 22, 2013
My father was stationed in France when I was 4-5 yrs old. We joined in about May 1966. We weren't there long before the bases were all closed & we went to Germany for the remainder of his tour. I have some memories of our time in base housing however I'm not sure of where exactly we were. I recall my mother mentioning Vietri? or something similar - possibly close to Paris but I have no way to verify that name - plus my mother wasn't very good with place names or pronunciations. At the time my father was a dental hygienist - perhaps that will help someone identify where he might have been stationed.
Donald

Vandoeuvre, France

#2816 Jul 25, 2013
Hi
I'm looking for my father, Robert Felder, who was a soldier in Chambley until 1956. can you help me? thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Donald.
Dave

United States

#2817 Jul 25, 2013
Walt Bollech wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Robbie,
I was with the signal corp at Camp des Loges in the early 60's. I recall only one swimming pool at that time. That one was located in front of the telephone communications building and across the street from the mess hall. Unused at the time and in disrepair it had a chained link fence around it and eventuality that was replaced with a white picket fence. I have a few fotos of the pool.
Many fond memories of my time spent at Camp des Loges and in France.
Walt Bollech
Camp des Loges
Jan 62-May 64
Loved that pool, went to it every summer. We were in Paris 54-67. I played baseball on CDL would love a picture of the pool.
Dave

United States

#2818 Jul 25, 2013
William Cadle wrote:
What brought me to this place was a search, via Google, for Petite Beauregard. I'm amazed at the number of posts and years that this thread has sustained as so many people have chimed in with their memories! I've spent several days reading all the posts, even after they veered from my original interest. My father was Sgt. Earl Cadle. He was the driver for Gen. Andrew O'Meara. My brother, Earl, my sisters, DeAun and Wanda, and I, along with my father and my mother, Dorothy, lived on Petite Beauregard around 59-61. I was sorting through some of Mom's effects the other day and ran across a picture she'd taken from our apartment window of the playground. I also found a worn, yellowed and somewhat tattered (but still in relatively good condition) copy of the Pariscope dated January 29, 1960. If anyone is interested, I will gladly scan them in and forward them. And, if anyone remembers us (any of us), would welcome their remembrances.
Wm
I would love to have a copy of both the Pariscope and playground. My email is [email protected] Dave
Dave

United States

#2819 Jul 25, 2013
Does anyone remember a French fellow by the name Ge or Guy of bowled at the lanes at Camp De Loges? Dad (Dave Perkins) bowled with him a lot. Just wondering.
Mark c hemmrich

Iselin, NJ

#2820 Jul 26, 2013
Al Boka wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill,
I got the same education in 1957 and 1958 when I discovered La Boheme. It was on a small side street which angled off from Rue Odessa [near the present-day tour Montparnasse]. The street no longer exists but the memories live on. I remember most the many French girls in there and that they had an "everybody" room for a w.c. Also know well the many bars of Pigalle....Nebraska, Canada, etc. Have been back many times but it is no longer the same.
Al Boka -- Orly Field 1957-1961
[email protected]
I was at toul rosiere AFBASE from 58 to 60 and Orly Field from 60 to 63 and La Boheme was Our hangout from 60 to 63. Richie the bartender ran with us whenever he was off and the little private corner with the roof was ours when we were there. My buddies were and are George Grimes, Carlos Castaneda, Tom Ruane.
Mark c hemmrich

Iselin, NJ

#2821 Jul 26, 2013
Toul rosiere 1958to1960 and Orly Field from 1960 to 1963. La Boheme was our headquarters from1960 until we all rotated. Richie thebartender ran with us whenever he was off
Michael

Paris, France

#2822 Jul 26, 2013
Minxy wrote:
My father was stationed in France when I was 4-5 yrs old. We joined in about May 1966. We weren't there long before the bases were all closed & we went to Germany for the remainder of his tour. I have some memories of our time in base housing however I'm not sure of where exactly we were. I recall my mother mentioning Vietri? or something similar - possibly close to Paris but I have no way to verify that name - plus my mother wasn't very good with place names or pronunciations. At the time my father was a dental hygienist - perhaps that will help someone identify where he might have been stationed.
Hi,
Your mother was not that far off. Vietry was actually Vitry in the town of Vitry-le-Francois, in Eastern France in the region called Marnes. It was a U.S medical dept and the fact that your father was a dental hygienist fits nicely. Today the base is still open but it is occupied by the French Military.
Need more help don't hesitate.
Michael, Paris France
Minxy

Gilbert, AZ

#2823 Jul 26, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Your mother was not that far off. Vietry was actually Vitry in the town of Vitry-le-Francois, in Eastern France in the region called Marnes. It was a U.S medical dept and the fact that your father was a dental hygienist fits nicely. Today the base is still open but it is occupied by the French Military.
Need more help don't hesitate.
Michael, Paris France
Micheal - thank you so much! When I read your response I remembered the -le-Francois part -- I had just always assumed she was trying to say it was in France. Such sweet memories - learning to ride a French two wheel bicycle - the carnations that grew in the housing area - trips to the open air market in town. Thank you for putting a name on the place of those memories. M
Jeanie

Ruston, LA

#2824 Jul 27, 2013
My dad, Don Jacks, was stationed in St. Andre, France in 1961-'63. He would like to get in touch with some of the guys he played ball and bowled with on base.
Michael

Paris, France

#2825 Jul 27, 2013
Minxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Micheal - thank you so much! When I read your response I remembered the -le-Francois part -- I had just always assumed she was trying to say it was in France. Such sweet memories - learning to ride a French two wheel bicycle - the carnations that grew in the housing area - trips to the open air market in town. Thank you for putting a name on the place of those memories. M
Minxy,

Glad to help.

If you went to school in the elementary school on the base in Vitry, there is a chance that you had my wife as a french teacher. She thaught grade school French in 1964 & 1965 while I was stationed a few miles away on a base called Brienne le chateau.

By the way, if you want to find the base on Google map, look at the town of Vitry and then find the city of Saint Dizier. The base is on right side of the road coming out of Vitry on the road to Saint Dizier. It is very close to Vitry and the road is called rue d'Alsace Lorraine (D396). The old U.S. housing area is just before it. I realize that this is a whole lot of useless information but what the heck.

Michael
Ray Mills

Trenton, NJ

#2826 Jul 27, 2013
Mark c hemmrich wrote:
<quoted text>
I was at toul rosiere AFBASE from 58 to 60 and Orly Field from 60 to 63 and La Boheme was Our hangout from 60 to 63. Richie the bartender ran with us whenever he was off and the little private corner with the roof was ours when we were there. My buddies were and are George Grimes, Carlos Castaneda, Tom Ruane.
Mark, I was also at TRAB in the 60's. I found this site http://136.fr/ and am in touch with a French Airman who was there after we left.
Let mw know what you think
P.S. if you can run the translator option in Chrome it is easier to read

Since: Jul 12

Bexhill, UK

#2827 Jul 28, 2013
With regard to Frawley Beckers comment #2780. I quite agree except...I know you are a stickler for historical facts "The Bayeux Tapestry" is not a Tapestry it is an Embroidery, and was made by English women!! Paul
PatEucom

Richmond, KY

#2828 Jul 28, 2013
Dave wrote:
Does anyone remember a French fellow by the name Ge or Guy of bowled at the lanes at Camp De Loges? Dad (Dave Perkins) bowled with him a lot. Just wondering.
You didn't give a time period but I recall driver and interpreter named GUY..pronounced GEE.(1956-1958) He was very friendly and participated in many of the American's entertainment activities. He dined at our house a few times. He was not real tall and had dark hair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr no love lost 20,494
Trying to find a Bob Johnson from Long Beach, CA 3 hr helplease 1
Tso Rat Sexesup Dem Blackfemales! Wed Dave Seylosss 1
News Settlement bars barbershop from being a mena s ... Aug 23 Ronald 1
Military Pay - too much or too little? (Dec '10) Aug 22 thomjames 31
Tiny dog on Anaheim st - Sunday night Aug 22 k8baldwin 1
Anyone remember "Seal Beach James" ? (May '08) Aug 21 Jeffrey Lear 54

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages