Dunedin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Riahcrd Dahl - A1C wrote:
<quoted text> I was stationed at 41 rue d'Alleray (Paris Air Mail Terminal -PAMT- APO-230) 1963-66, and worked at 32 rue Marbeuf (APO 686), also AIC of the post office at Hotel Littre. PAMT had an NCO club that served enlisted as well as officers. 5-cent Heinekens and 10-cent mixed drinks. Well patronized by transient flight officers. Would like to know if anyone has knowledge of airmen stationed at PAMT during that time period. David Chismar, for one. By the way, the unit was Detachment 2300, 7025th Air Postal Group until disbanding when deGaulle kicked us out of France in 1967.
Hi, Richard. My name is Fred Fernandini (Laboy). I was assigned to APO 230, 12th Air Postal Sq. from Oct 1960 to July 1964. Being of Hispanic background, I was known by my second last name "Laboy". I originally was assigned to the AMT, then was rotated/trained to run the 4 different post offices serving the Paris area, APO 231, then the post office at Rue Marbeauf, then at Bellmenior, then at Orly, then at Camp Deloge. I also did the train guard job, Paris/Bordeaux. But most of my time was at the AMT, running one of the dispatch sections. Then did a stint (3 month TDY) to Jidda, Saudi Arabia. Greatest time of my career. In July 1964 I was then re-assigned to Madrid AMT, until 1967. My friends in Paris: Barry Abraham, Jimmy Horne, Joe Mauro. You are right on about the NCO club...I bartendered there for a few months. Greatest club in Paris. Popular bars we used to hang out at were: "The Spanish Bar", "Le Petit Mouse", "La Boheme" all in Montparnase area. And then some near the Etoile. I bought a 62 MG Midget while I was there, which I took to Spain. I hope you receive this well, and respond so we can continue trading stories and bringing up old acquaintances. Take care. Fred
Fred Fernandini

Dunedin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

This message is for Rob Smith. Rob, what a small world! I was stationed at Paris AMT from Oct. 1960 to July 1964. I remember your father well. What a great guy!...is he still around? I worked in the AMT during the time he was there and I still have my evaluation, signed by him on 9 May 1963, and I think I worked for him while he ran the club...I was the bartender. By the way, my name is Fred Fernandini Laboy (I used the name Laboy more then). My email is fredfernandini@aol.com. Drop a line. Best regards. Fred
Hunter Vaught

Papillion, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Hotel Littre in Paris 1961-1962 - then to the Protocol Office at Orly Field 1962-1964. The top floor of Rue Tremoille had a tiny bar and I think there was a bowling alley on one of the floors. Frequented the Jamboree Bar, Spanish Bar and La Boheme. Ate many times in the restaurant at the corner of Blvd Montparnasse & Rue des Rennes.
Jane

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

What did J2 designate at Camp des Loges? We were stationed there from 62 - 65 and my father worked there.
PatEucom

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

Jane wrote:
What did J2 designate at Camp des Loges? We were stationed there from 62 - 65 and my father worked there.
To the best f my knowledge ,the offices at Headquarters were numbered J and then a number followed. The one I recall hearing about was J5.That was the men's latrine! When money came to us in the form of a letter from home etc.I would ask my husband where it came from and he would always say "J5". It was our joke that remained for the rest of his life..As it was a Joint Command maybe the J stood for Joint..Not sure.
alain birckel

Tours, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

christiane virmont wrote:
<quoted text>
réponse : " chateauroux air station " . good luck
christiane in france
i knew mme marchesi(still in contact with her son francois who still live in france)i was in contact with many gi s as i work in a garage with 99% american GI.s...USA USA USA..and i spent 30 years in the US and going back..god bless..
robert w fischer

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

i lived in orleans france 1960-62. is anyone out there that remembers anything? people i went to school with would now be 62 or 63.
Alain WOJCIK

Trappes, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

My name is Alain Wojcik I was born April 10, 1952 in Dreux (my father Jean and mother Maria, my sister Jeannine). I lived in Saint Rémy sur Avre, near Nonancourt or I always my parents' house.
My parents rented a house on Perkins, Albert and Rita family. Albert was like you, military in St Andrew.
There was also Jennins family who lived on my street. M.?. Jennins was also at the base of St Andrew. They had a baby boy, Jim. Jim had a sister who was born in France.
I am looking for this family, last known address Lexington - Kentucky.
Have you known this family of Saint Rémy sur Avre?
Regards

Mail : wojcikalain@sfr.fr

(Google translation )
Carine

Beloeil, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Je cherche mon père Dimitrious Pérez. Il a été soldat sur la base d'Harbord Barracks en France en 1964-1965. Il est né en 1946. Il a rencontré ma mère Maryse Thevret en 1965. Vous pouvez me contacter au cweber61@hotmail.com
Merci.
lowell

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

bonjour,je recherche des informations sur mon père Joey Holt il était soldat en 1959/1960 au camp des loges ou à rocquencourt.je suis néà versailles en 1960.Contact lowell@laposte.net
Minxy

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

My father was stationed in France when I was 4-5 yrs old. We joined in about May 1966. We weren't there long before the bases were all closed & we went to Germany for the remainder of his tour. I have some memories of our time in base housing however I'm not sure of where exactly we were. I recall my mother mentioning Vietri? or something similar - possibly close to Paris but I have no way to verify that name - plus my mother wasn't very good with place names or pronunciations. At the time my father was a dental hygienist - perhaps that will help someone identify where he might have been stationed.
Donald

Moutiers, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Hi
I'm looking for my father, Robert Felder, who was a soldier in Chambley until 1956. can you help me? thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Donald.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Walt Bollech wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Robbie,
I was with the signal corp at Camp des Loges in the early 60's. I recall only one swimming pool at that time. That one was located in front of the telephone communications building and across the street from the mess hall. Unused at the time and in disrepair it had a chained link fence around it and eventuality that was replaced with a white picket fence. I have a few fotos of the pool.
Many fond memories of my time spent at Camp des Loges and in France.
Walt Bollech
Camp des Loges
Jan 62-May 64
Loved that pool, went to it every summer. We were in Paris 54-67. I played baseball on CDL would love a picture of the pool.
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

William Cadle wrote:
What brought me to this place was a search, via Google, for Petite Beauregard. I'm amazed at the number of posts and years that this thread has sustained as so many people have chimed in with their memories! I've spent several days reading all the posts, even after they veered from my original interest. My father was Sgt. Earl Cadle. He was the driver for Gen. Andrew O'Meara. My brother, Earl, my sisters, DeAun and Wanda, and I, along with my father and my mother, Dorothy, lived on Petite Beauregard around 59-61. I was sorting through some of Mom's effects the other day and ran across a picture she'd taken from our apartment window of the playground. I also found a worn, yellowed and somewhat tattered (but still in relatively good condition) copy of the Pariscope dated January 29, 1960. If anyone is interested, I will gladly scan them in and forward them. And, if anyone remembers us (any of us), would welcome their remembrances.
Wm
I would love to have a copy of both the Pariscope and playground. My email is fbina158@yahoo.com Dave
Dave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Does anyone remember a French fellow by the name Ge or Guy of bowled at the lanes at Camp De Loges? Dad (Dave Perkins) bowled with him a lot. Just wondering.
Mark c hemmrich

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Al Boka wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill,
I got the same education in 1957 and 1958 when I discovered La Boheme. It was on a small side street which angled off from Rue Odessa [near the present-day tour Montparnasse]. The street no longer exists but the memories live on. I remember most the many French girls in there and that they had an "everybody" room for a w.c. Also know well the many bars of Pigalle....Nebraska, Canada, etc. Have been back many times but it is no longer the same.
Al Boka -- Orly Field 1957-1961
alboka@aol.com
I was at toul rosiere AFBASE from 58 to 60 and Orly Field from 60 to 63 and La Boheme was Our hangout from 60 to 63. Richie the bartender ran with us whenever he was off and the little private corner with the roof was ours when we were there. My buddies were and are George Grimes, Carlos Castaneda, Tom Ruane.
Mark c hemmrich

Woodbridge, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Toul rosiere 1958to1960 and Orly Field from 1960 to 1963. La Boheme was our headquarters from1960 until we all rotated. Richie thebartender ran with us whenever he was off
Michael

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Minxy wrote:
My father was stationed in France when I was 4-5 yrs old. We joined in about May 1966. We weren't there long before the bases were all closed & we went to Germany for the remainder of his tour. I have some memories of our time in base housing however I'm not sure of where exactly we were. I recall my mother mentioning Vietri? or something similar - possibly close to Paris but I have no way to verify that name - plus my mother wasn't very good with place names or pronunciations. At the time my father was a dental hygienist - perhaps that will help someone identify where he might have been stationed.
Hi,
Your mother was not that far off. Vietry was actually Vitry in the town of Vitry-le-Francois, in Eastern France in the region called Marnes. It was a U.S medical dept and the fact that your father was a dental hygienist fits nicely. Today the base is still open but it is occupied by the French Military.
Need more help don't hesitate.
Michael, Paris France
Minxy

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Your mother was not that far off. Vietry was actually Vitry in the town of Vitry-le-Francois, in Eastern France in the region called Marnes. It was a U.S medical dept and the fact that your father was a dental hygienist fits nicely. Today the base is still open but it is occupied by the French Military.
Need more help don't hesitate.
Michael, Paris France
Micheal - thank you so much! When I read your response I remembered the -le-Francois part -- I had just always assumed she was trying to say it was in France. Such sweet memories - learning to ride a French two wheel bicycle - the carnations that grew in the housing area - trips to the open air market in town. Thank you for putting a name on the place of those memories. M
Jeanie

Ruston, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

My dad, Don Jacks, was stationed in St. Andre, France in 1961-'63. He would like to get in touch with some of the guys he played ball and bowled with on base.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Long Beach Forum right now

Search the Long Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Foodies 7th 200,368
'A lot of people die out here' and 'all this bl... 5 hr Don 1
Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns (Jul '13) 6 hr Ronald 113
Peace walk draws hundreds to North Long Beach 13 hr Kurt 1
LAPD Detective Takedown (Sep '11) 20 hr george of long beachenryh 12
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Thu seekers 4,900
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Pole swap 7,855
•••
•••

Long Beach News Video

•••
Long Beach Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Long Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000