LA: Long Beach: Downtown Promenade Co...

LA: Long Beach: Downtown Promenade Continues to Grow

There are 7 comments on the StreetsBlog.org story from Aug 17, 2012, titled LA: Long Beach: Downtown Promenade Continues to Grow. In it, StreetsBlog.org reports that:

Back in 2005, the City started planning for the Promenade in Downtown. It was at the time a very stark and bland stretch of concrete with little around it besides parking lots and a lack of amenities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StreetsBlog.org.

Dane Thorsen

Long Beach, CA

#1 Aug 17, 2012
If only every other business in downtown long beach hadn't failed as the massive taxes were spent to make the Promenade pretty. But the businesses have no advocates in LB. LB City Hall is owned by the public employee unions.
icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#2 Aug 17, 2012
They forced the condo builders to put stores on street level. Now they stand empty from one end to the other.

The promenade is charmless, unconnected, and without any reason to visit. This, combined with the Pike, is a crime. Any pol associated with these projects should be shot.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

#3 Aug 17, 2012
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
They forced the condo builders to put stores on street level. Now they stand empty from one end to the other.
The promenade is charmless, unconnected, and without any reason to visit. This, combined with the Pike, is a crime. Any pol associated with these projects should be shot.
And who wants to deal with all the weirdos at the bus stops on 1st?
icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#4 Aug 18, 2012
Morris the Cat wrote:
<quoted text> And who wants to deal with all the weirdos at the bus stops on 1st?
Or the crowd in front of 7-11 on broadway.

I love having to push my way though the herd of 350 pound "healthcare" students every morning as they graze the donut and breakfast pizza aisles.

Long Beach, CA

#5 Aug 18, 2012
If you hate downtown that much, move. Or at least just STFU and keep your misery to yourself, because nobody cares to hear about it.
icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#6 Aug 18, 2012
guest wrote:
If you hate downtown that much, move. Or at least just STFU and keep your misery to yourself, because nobody cares to hear about it.
My company pays a great deal of rent to be on Pine. I could save money by locating somewhere else but I love it there. I just don't like the bums. I also don't understand how people who are attempting to be healthcare workers can be so fat. BTW, aren't you just an inarticulate, uptight ignorant POS...

Long Beach, CA

#7 Sep 1, 2012
BTW, aren't you a judgmental, hateful, self-righteous prick! And twisting my comment into "uptight ignorant POS"? Wow, you certainly do have a poor grasp on the meaning of words in the English language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 1 hr ricky reese 3,455
Bloods and Crips (May '12) Sat Anthony Scarpuzzi... 10
News Detectives seek Lomita identity theft suspect w... Jun 25 jolynnspencer 1
News Carson backs away from its ban on fracking Jun 24 ralph 1
News Andrew Padilla, 21 (Jun '07) Jun 23 Mark 3
When I was in need of a personal injury lawyer (Jun '13) Jun 22 Faylinn 51
News Don't forget: Fireworks banned in many area cities (Jun '10) Jun 21 M80InUrMailbox 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages