Fatal Car accident on Katella/Willow st Long Beach/Los Alamitos??

Posted in the Long Beach Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fabulus

Plymouth, MN

#1 Oct 14, 2008
Just wondering what happened on Katella/Willow right under the 605 freeway lsat week..... There is a RIP KERI poster up.... just wondering?
jtsmomma

Montebello, CA

#2 Oct 14, 2008
Keri was a good friend of mine. She lost control of her car while swirving trying to avoid hitting something in the road. She was a great friend and a loving mother of two boys. She was only 32.
sarahl

New York, NY

#3 Oct 14, 2008
Keri was my nephew Andrew's mom (his dad Jeff is my brother). Are there any newspaper articles regarding this? Or anything on-line with more info on the accident?
mikey

United States

#4 Oct 14, 2008
I saw the car last week, and im not surprised someone was killed. The car was absolutely totalled, looked like the car had wrapped around the bridge support divider and ended up in oncoming traffic. I just assumed it was a moron racing down Willow, sad that Keri was apparently swerving to miss an object in the road. Maybe we'll get more info in the paper?
drew

Pleasanton, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2008
were did Keri live and were the children in the car? I live and have kids that go to school in Los Al and I saw the car. Oh my gosh it was horrible I knew someone had passed away because the police were out there until 4 o'clock that afternoon. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family..
Becky

Plymouth, MN

#6 Oct 15, 2008
jtsmomma wrote:
Keri was a good friend of mine. She lost control of her car while swirving trying to avoid hitting something in the road. She was a great friend and a loving mother of two boys. She was only 32.
Sorry for your loss, I too thought and hoped that it could have been a drunk driver or teen.... My co-workers and I even thought about the posibility of the car falling off the freeway.... I actually took pictures of the car, it was really bad.... It really sucks that she left behind her children... I teared up reading your response...:( My condolonces to the family... Is there a collection of any sort? any articles?
cypress

AOL

#7 Oct 16, 2008
I saw the accident site later in the day. I don't remember reading anything about it in the local newspaper. Was the victom from Los Alamitos? Does anyone have a last name?
cocofiodi

United States

#8 Oct 16, 2008
Her name was Keri Barron - she was a resident of Los Alamitos, a mother of two, and had just turned 32 on the 5th of October. She was an awesome person to know, her and i had been friends since we were 6 years old. She will be missed sooooo much by sooo many people.
mother of teen

Carson, CA

#9 Oct 16, 2008
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss, I too thought and hoped that it could have been a drunk driver or teen.... My co-workers and I even thought about the posibility of the car falling off the freeway.... I actually took pictures of the car, it was really bad.... It really sucks that she left behind her children... I teared up reading your response...:( My condolonces to the family... Is there a collection of any sort? any articles?
"Hoped" it was a teen? That was an awful thing to say! I hope you did not mean that to lose a teen is any better than losing a parent. Oh my gosh...
Jeana Gekas

Long Beach, CA

#10 Oct 16, 2008
Hello, I am keris friend of 17 years. Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. It has helped the family and friends get through this tough time.

Here is a link to her memorial page for anyone that may be searching for more info. The funeral is tomorrow at Cypress Forest Lawn 2:30p, Oct. 17th.

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/KeriRoseBa...

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/kerismile
Jeana Gekas

Long Beach, CA

#11 Oct 16, 2008
Becky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Becky,
The family has asked in leu of flowers people please donate to the trust fund that has been established for her two sons. If anyone would like information on how to contribute... please let me know.
jeanagekas@yahoo.com
Lance

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2008
I heard that she was distracted or not paying attention which caused the crash. It was not until I came here that I discovered she was evading an object, can this be confirmed?
Patti

Norwalk, CA

#13 Oct 17, 2008
I was exiting the 605 fwy and saw the accident happen. It was the a horrible sight. I prayed for the driver and was so sad to find out that she had passed. My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family. I will tell you she was not alone as at least a dozen people stopped to help. So young and my heart breaks to know she left two beautiful little boys. May she rest in peace.
Maxwell

Glendora, CA

#14 Oct 18, 2008
When Los Al PD asked us (Long Beach PD) to shut down eastbound traffic at Studebaker Rd for them I knew something bad, such as a car crash, had happened. I'm was very sad to hear that someone had passed also and it shows by the above responses that Keri will be missed...sorry to the family and children.
Jeana Gekas

Long Beach, CA

#15 Oct 19, 2008
RIP Keri Barron you will forever be in our hearts.
jeff johnson

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2008
keri barron was my girlfriend and mother of our 4 year old son, she did swerve to miss the object, another car in front of her. according to the police she then went back across traffic to the west bound lane losing total control. no brake marks were detected by the investigation. the family would like any information from any witnesses that witnessed the crash. please contact jeana gekas with any info. Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers, we will miss her so, we love you keri and will never forget...christian and jeff.
jeff johnson

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2008
If anyone would like to donate for her children: Andrew and Christian you can contact any Bank of America, c/o Keri Barron Memorial Fund. Thank You.
Sharrion

Long Beach, CA

#18 Oct 21, 2008
I am the mother of Jeff Johnson boyfriend of Keri
She was a loving mother of her two boys. She was a outstanding hair stylist going to school at night to become a medical assistant. Would have graduated in January. She was a very loving,caring person. She loved crafts, antiques, butterflies. She was also beautiful. Of all the pictures taken of her there was never a bad picture. My son,her mother, children, friends, clients and myself will miss her kind sprit and loving heart. We thank you for your prayers and donations to the Keri Barron Memorial Fund at Bank of America.
NANCY-HEMET CA

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Oct 26, 2008
i am keri barrons aunt her mother is my sister i want to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts it is just so sad. keri was so pretty. i love her with all my heart. am so glad to here so many people stopped to help her. i was so hoping she was not alone. i think of her and the boys everyday still like a bad dream to me. aunt nancy.
sadness

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 16, 2008
I only knew Karri a short time but she touched my heart and soul,tears can not express my sadness God speed until we meet again in heaven me friend.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Motorists Wait Months For DMV Appointments 5 hr Morrie 1
Nordstrom Rack to open in Cerritos fall 2015 6 hr Sherrie 1
Long Beach loses its 106-year-old symbol of cyc... 6 hr Charlie 1
A Commitment to Diversity: UCSB Officially Reco... 8 hr Alberto 4
LBUSD board's Ellis had probation revoked twice (Jun '09) 22 hr Killacommieferyer... 10
Buddy Search 22 hr Ronald 2
Growing e-cigarette trend raises safety concerns (Jul '13) Wed Ronald 123
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Tue Martine Dernoncourt 3,185

Long Beach News Video

Long Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Long Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:33 pm PST