Tim Grobaty: Seals and meals at Pierp...

Tim Grobaty: Seals and meals at Pierpoint Landing

There are 4 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Dec 7, 2008, titled Tim Grobaty: Seals and meals at Pierpoint Landing. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

W HATEVER HAPPENED TO...?: An anonymous caller - let's start leaving some names, people - left us a message saying she's "old here - 46," which we couldn't figure out whether she's been here 46 years or is 46 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Dennis Morawski

Lakewood, CA

#1 Dec 8, 2008
To really get a look at the old Pierpoint Landing, just get a hold of the film done about it as part of the TV Series "I Remember Long Beach". It is available for free check out at the Long Beach Public Library.
Ron

Montclair, CA

#2 Mar 2, 2010
Where exactly was the old pierpoint landing? I am 52 years old and remember going there as a child. I would love to be able to pinpoint where it was.
Linda

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 2, 2010
I am such a fan of Pierpoint Landing! My father took my sister and I and cousins there often in the 50's and 60's. We would play on the rocks while he fished and we would have lunch at the Mexican food "shack" and walk through the souvenir shops. The only documentation I've been able to find is the article by Tim Grobarty and the photos. When I showed it to my family they were so excited and nostalgic. I will check out the film special on Long Beach and ask anyone with photos to please contact me: n10chn@earthlink.net
Eddie

Guadalajara, Mexico

#4 Jun 9, 2012
Sunday lunch at Tom Cods. When I was older, midnight hot dogs from an old lady in a trailer. Loved Pier Point Landing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,436
Welfare State Sat Ronald 3
News 'Undocumented' but inspiring (Nov '12) Feb 16 tellinitlikeitis 129
News El Camino Hospital board restructures by adding... (May '17) Feb 16 Nancy Polowsea 15
News What Chloe Kim's dad texted her before the Olym... Feb 15 Anil 1
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Feb 14 John Taft 3,772
Sex with dogs. Pros and Cons (Dec '10) Feb 13 tellinitlikeitis 45

Long Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Long Beach Mortgages