Trial to begin today in death of teen

A Gregg County jury of seven women and five men was selected Monday to decide the fate of Daniel Massey, a Longview teen accused by prosecutors of killing 17-year-old Joshua Petrea in May. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Martha Copeland

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 19, 2006
Mrs Petrea .. My heart goes out to you for your lost, as i have lost my daughter this year. I was so glad to hear that the legal system was able to punish them for what they did. As i still wait for the system to work for my family. May God Bless you and your family .
kelly

Fortuna, CA

#2 Feb 6, 2007
i think what those mexicans did to my cousin should burn in hell! and get the death penalty. its not fair what they did to him. my cousin didn't do anything to them. just because the girl was stupid it caused someones death.. they should not live to see another day! there is no excuse for stabbing and beating someone! and to the people who did it...i hope when you close your eyes at night ...you see josh and feel the pain you put my cousin through.... i love you aunt carol and ryan....
Bear

Longview, TX

#3 Mar 5, 2007
It is sad when one gets killed the way this lad did or in fact anyway. But to take a life for a life is wrong, I believe they should be made to suffer the rest of their lives the way the young man did. Let them feel the pain he went through for all times
Ryan

Ore City, TX

#4 Jun 18, 2008
i just take it day by day... and i will always miss you josh!!!

Love always
~Your brother~
debbie

Sulphur Springs, TX

#5 Jul 26, 2008
here it is 7-26-08 and i still think about you and miss you deeply. you will always be in my heartI love you aunt Carol and Ryan.
TANK TIMMONS

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Aug 13, 2008
I HONESTLY CANT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED TO YOU MAN... i KNOW WE WASNT THAT CLOSE, BUT JUST KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT WENT THRU WHAT YOU DID HURTS MY HEART DEEPLY....MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR FAMILY...
Tammy

Tyler, TX

#7 Sep 11, 2008
I can see and feel the pain all around me.....May each and every one of you find peace in knowing one day, we all will be reunited with Josh......for eternity with our Heavenly Father!
Paul

AOL

#8 Sep 20, 2008
i need more information on this killing. what was the motivation and TRUE reason? then i shall make final view on this.
regardless, someone killing another isnt right, but it sadly happens every day. dont mourn, though, move on! it will only trouble you more to be sad about it. that is why i dont want to have a funeral when i die.
Paul

AOL

#9 Sep 20, 2008
also, if you are tell him to suffer, you are just as bad as the killer. You shouldnt wish for that. that is horrible.
Denna

Longview, TX

#10 Sep 29, 2008
I read the comment of the Josh's brother. I don't know this family nor the details of the death. I was seventeen when I lost my brother in Viet Nam and he was nineteen. I thought I would die. I cried for eight years and was getting over it when another brother was wrongly killed from being hit in the head. I was slipping into a state of depression. I wanted so bad to hate the guy that killed him, but God wouldn't let me. The guy had a very good lawyer and got off free. I did a lot of praying. Therefore, God strengthen me and I was able to slip out of the mild state of depression and I was able to forgive...and that was the only thing that gave me closure. Sure, I was angry but I never wanted the death penalty for this guy. That would not bring my brother back but I did want him locked up for the rest of his life, that didn't happen either. Then I realized that vengence wasn't mine, it was God's. I knew that somewhere and sometime, God would punish him..and he did. About a year or two later he was locked up for another crime. So people can't do wrong and get by in the eyes of God.
I guess you never really get over it but God stengthens you and that makes it easier for you to cope with. I still miss my brothers but I knew that my life had to go on. By the time that I had lost my last brother, I had a family and I knew that my family needed me.
I regret your lost for your family and friends and my heart goes out to you. I will be in prayer for your family and for the other family as well.
May God bless and comfort you.
Denna

Longview, TX

#11 Sep 29, 2008
....the town is wrong on my comments..Thanks
I knew massie

Nacogdoches, TX

#12 Nov 12, 2008
Daniel Massie is a dirty f***ing bastard. i hope he is raped in prison... everyday!
Alicia_ Sulphur Springs

Sulphur Springs, TX

#13 Dec 5, 2008
Carol, I hope and pray your family has reached some sort of normalcy. I know things will never be the same again for you but with God's love and guidance, you will prevail. Your family will prevail and Daniel Massey's fate will be in His hands. Trust in the Lord and have faith that He selected Josh to be with Him because he was such a special person. The way in which Josh was taken will just never be understood. Everyone can curse, hate, and wish them death till the world looks level, but in the end you and your family are the ones who must deal with this loss. You are definitely a survivor and I pray in time that you will get your life back and find peace again. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this time. Just always remember that Daniel Massey is still here on earth to deal with his crime while Josh walks streets of Gold.
Britty Foster Fulks

United States

#14 Jul 20, 2009
Josh, there isnt a day that goes by where i dont think of you. words cannot describe how much i miss you. to this day it is still unreal to me that your gone. i loved you more than anything in the world and i would love to just to be able to tell you i love you again. you were my first real love, and my heart aches that i cant see you or talk to you again. i cannot wait until i can see you again i miss you so much. i love you Joshua Petrea. i will miss and love you forever.
jamie

Cleburne, TX

#15 Sep 21, 2009
Ryan wrote:
i just take it day by day... and i will always miss you josh!!!
Love always
~Your brother~
i love u Ryan, I miss Joshua so much
love u
Ryan Petrea

Auburn, IN

#17 Jul 31, 2010
I still remember the last day i talked to my brother, it just feels like yesterday to me... I miss him so much!!! I pray everyday for god to help me to forgive and not feel any hatred to anyone. I thank everyone for they thoughts and prayers!!!
Wounded

AOL

#18 Jul 31, 2010
Ryan Petrea wrote:
I still remember the last day i talked to my brother, it just feels like yesterday to me... I miss him so much!!! I pray everyday for god to help me to forgive and not feel any hatred to anyone. I thank everyone for they thoughts and prayers!!!
I feel for all of you.
I can remember the night my son died! The day the man killed him and told me so!
I can remember Sheriff Paul Boone of cAss county telling me he didn't care.
I can remember many things as you speak also!
My heart is with you all.
Good day! God Bless!
a sad mom

Longview, TX

#19 Jan 31, 2012
i'm really sad, i now went it happen, and is time i can't forgive this sucess, god hold this kid on the arms, bless all his family
Leigh smith bell

United States

#20 Apr 22, 2012
Josh, I love u and miss u dearly. U r my cousin and not a day goes by I dont think of u and us as kids playing at grannies house. I love u so much. Its been 7 years and it still doesnt seem likeit. Take care of nana, jj, and granny. I love u always. Pookie.
crystal

United States

#21 Oct 14, 2012
Dakota massie is My nephew, i was never able to look at this case until now, years later, what a sick sad mind, he took so much in the worst way. I have never told My son about this and totally disconnected from Dakotas dysfunctional family. What cowards, breaks My heart for Joshua and family. And Dakota is white trash, not Mexican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 33 min 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Cowboy Jims (Dec '09) Sep '14 brentonsmommy 11
Jerry Richardson Aug '14 CounselorJoe 2
Arts digest: Sign up now for Chalk the Block Aug '14 Gasman 2
Is Hubert Hajek dead? (Apr '09) Aug '14 Your Ghost 6
Texas Restaurant Tells Gay Couple They "Don't S... (May '14) Jul '14 inquisitor 25
Lone Star Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lone Star News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lone Star

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:00 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:00AM