Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
19,541 - 19,560 of 22,285 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Bob Bakian

El Paso, TX

#21731 Feb 17, 2014
After suing President Barack Obama over government surveillance on Wednesday, Sen. Rand Paul had lunch with Attorney General Eric Holder. The Kentucky Republican and the nation’s top law enforcement officer discussed shared support for reforms to the criminal justice system, according to a Justice Department official. They had salmon and tomato soup and appeared to bond.“The attorney general and Sen. Paul met for lunch at the Justice Department to discuss sentencing reform and felony disenfranchisement," the Justice Department official said. "He also has a huge man crush on Rand and would like to know if he might be interested in doing a gay deal sometime. The attorney general appreciates the senator’s leadership on both issues and is pleased to have the opportunity to work with him on these shared priorities,” the official said.
why

Hondo, TX

#21732 Feb 17, 2014
test
Truth Doctor

El Paso, TX

#21733 Feb 17, 2014
tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Wendy Davis doesn't stand a snowball's chance. She has already shot herself in the foot by falsifying her history which her hole campaign was based on. Yes liberals migrate to Texas, but most of them migrate to the cities and only stay for a few years before leaving. As long as the rural population of Texas outnumbers the urban population the state will remain red. If the cities get so big that the urban population of the state becomes greater than the rural population, that is when things might change.
The choice is obvious for me - why anyone would vote for a dude in a wheelchair over a hot broad with a sweet fanny is beyond me. I want for a hot woman like Wendy to represent my state and she would deliver the goods in more ways than one. Her speeches would be sold out and packed with people hoping to get a glimpse of her gorgeous rump and thus all of us would benefit from the revenue.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21734 Feb 17, 2014
Truth Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice is obvious for me - why anyone would vote for a dude in a wheelchair over a hot broad with a sweet fanny is beyond me. I want for a hot woman like Wendy to represent my state and she would deliver the goods in more ways than one. Her speeches would be sold out and packed with people hoping to get a glimpse of her gorgeous rump and thus all of us would benefit from the revenue.
Brilliant. The skank is nothing more than a cheap politician out to ruin this state and her greatest attribute is her rump?. That makes her as mindless as you.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21735 Feb 17, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
Defiant,you work all your life never asking for any handouts and these lowlife buzzards come over here wanting you to pay their way,What the hell,sick of it,when Katrina hit New Orleans,they would stand up on the I10 bridge saying where's my water,imagine standing there with your children wanting someone to bring you water and food,grown men,this Defiant is your welfare system this is their way of thinking.It's coming to a time that all conservative peoples are going to make a stand!This Lupy Dupy fellow is just another one of these,my grandfather,father,husband,bro ther fought for this country,I think that I have a say,they need to get off their lazy azz and work like the rest of us!
Freetards love handouts and don't care who pays for it. That is why the DemocRats get so many votes from these lowlifes and the middle class is going down the crapper. This sure
isn't America anymore.

Detroit and several California cities are nothing more than stagnant human cesspools due to Progressive/liberal/commie "take from the rich and give to the poor" ideology. Texas under
"Abortion Barbie" Davis will suffer the same fate.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#21737 Feb 18, 2014
Lori Dunn wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny! You correct my grammar when I was responding to a completely nonsensical post by suggesting that alcohol was involved, yet completely ignore the inane things that were said in the original post that I replied to. Actually, how sad for you that you build self-esteem by cracking wise on a forum such as this.
I don't drink,you're just another liberal,what was it in my comment that doesn't make since?That grown men was asking others to bring them water to the bridge,or maybe that I expect others to work for a living,what is it that so ticks you off?Maybe it's because you are a welfare recipient.

Location hidden

#21738 Feb 18, 2014
Lori Dunn wrote:
<quoted text>
How funny! You correct my grammar when I was responding to a completely nonsensical post by suggesting that alcohol was involved, yet completely ignore the inane things that were said in the original post that I replied to. Actually, how sad for you that you build self-esteem by cracking wise on a forum such as this.
Look Dunn you are the very one who is insane,look who's cracking wise,wouldn't that be you?Dunnass
Dianne Felder

El Paso, TX

#21739 Feb 18, 2014
During a speech and press conference today, lawmaker Wendy Davis said her campaign was gaining momentum and she can see herself winning in November. She also referred to her candidacy as vital to defend women's rights and defended late-term abortions as “sacred ground.”

“I’ll seek common ground – we all must – but sometimes you have to take a stand on sacred ground,” Davis said during her press conference, referring to her filibuster to stop a bill to ban abortions after five months. Reporters asked Davis if she supported any limits on abortions and she responded that she did not, saying she supports current federal law.
whocares

Texarkana, TX

#21740 Feb 18, 2014
Truth Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
she's a c@@t!! And your desperate!
Dianne Felder

El Paso, TX

#21741 Feb 18, 2014
whocares wrote:
<quoted text>she's a c@@t!! And your desperate!
That's vile. You typify perfectly why women in general want nothing to do with Republican candidates. The very fact that you would use such a vulgar term on a public forum demonstrates your misogyny and contempt. The war on women is alive and well in Texas and while Abbott will probably win, this attitude is why national politics will continue to be controlled by Democrats.

Location hidden

#21742 Feb 18, 2014
Dianne Felder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's vile. You typify perfectly why women in general want nothing to do with Republican candidates. The very fact that you would use such a vulgar term on a public forum demonstrates your misogyny and contempt. The war on women is alive and well in Texas and while Abbott will probably win, this attitude is why national politics will continue to be controlled by Democrats.
War on women,I'm a woman and a Republican,when do you speak for all women.
Late term abortion is sick damn sick,you talk about women don't vote Republican,all the women I know do!The demonrats are the vile sick bunch,their motto is anything goes,their the vulgar ones,war on women,nah not in my state!
Dianne Felder

El Paso, TX

#21743 Feb 18, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Late term abortion is sick damn sick,you talk about women don't vote Republican,all the women I know do!The demonrats are the vile sick bunch,their motto is anything goes,their the vulgar ones,war on women,nah not in my state!
If you called women by the "C" word I would accuse you of the same. Since you have not, neither have I suggested you were perpetuating said war. Are you intending to defend what the poster I responded to has to say? Or are you merely ranting in an attempt to prove some other point? You're entitled to your opinion as always but you are not entitled to speak for all women nor for all Texans.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21744 Feb 18, 2014
Dianne Felder wrote:
<quoted text>
The "war on women" was invented by the Democrats and is being carried on by the Democrats.

Thanks to the Democrats from Obamaville, we now have class warfare, race warfare, gender warfare and warfare on the unborn. There was no "healthcare crisis" until you Democrats
invented it. Now we have a crisis brewing from the Unaffordable Care Act.

The Republicans are a joke too. We need a good third party to get rid of the whole lot of you.
SJM

El Paso, TX

#21745 Feb 18, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "war on women" was invented by the Democrats and is being carried on by the Democrats.
Thanks to the Democrats from Obamaville, we now have class warfare, race warfare, gender warfare and warfare on the unborn. There was no "healthcare crisis" until you Democrats
invented it. Now we have a crisis brewing from the Unaffordable Care Act.
The Republicans are a joke too. We need a good third party to get rid of the whole lot of you.
Last week’s back-to-back rulings by federal judges in Kentucky and Virginia were the first to embrace gay marriage in the South, but they almost certainly won’t be the last. Similar cases are moving to trial in federal courts across the region, from Louisiana to Texas to Tennessee, in Arkansas and in both the Carolinas. Their prospects in Dixie aren’t certain, but this much is clear: They’ve never been better and this is good news for people like me who might be interested in doing a gay deal.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21746 Feb 18, 2014
Dianne Felder wrote:
During a speech and press conference today, lawmaker Wendy Davis said her campaign was gaining momentum and she can see herself winning in November. She also referred to her candidacy as vital to defend women's rights and defended late-term abortions as “sacred ground.”
“I’ll seek common ground – we all must – but sometimes you have to take a stand on sacred ground,” Davis said during her press conference, referring to her filibuster to stop a bill to ban abortions after five months. Reporters asked Davis if she supported any limits on abortions and she responded that she did not, saying she supports current federal law.
So who gets to pay for all of this?. We the taxpayers, that's who. You no-good Democrats are the leading cause of why this country is going down the toilet. Detroit is the perfect business model for Prog leaDuhship. The rest of the U.S is almost there too. Thanks.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21747 Feb 18, 2014
SJM wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week’s back-to-back rulings by federal judges in Kentucky and Virginia were the first to embrace gay marriage in the South, but they almost certainly won’t be the last. Similar cases are moving to trial in federal courts across the region, from Louisiana to Texas to Tennessee, in Arkansas and in both the Carolinas. Their prospects in Dixie aren’t certain, but this much is clear: They’ve never been better and this is good news for people like me who might be interested in doing a gay deal.
So, why don't you move to a state like California?. I can tell you why you won't . Because the cities are bankrupt and their are high taxes due to Democrat rule.

Voting for a Democrat might help you with your gay deal, but in the long run unless you enjoy poverty and crime, voting Democrat is a bad idea. Voting for a thin skinned trial lawyer with
either party is a bad idea. Wendy Davis is just that.
SJM

El Paso, TX

#21748 Feb 18, 2014
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why don't you move to a state like California?. I can tell you why you won't . Because the cities are bankrupt and their are high taxes due to Democrat rule.
Voting for a Democrat might help you with your gay deal, but in the long run unless you enjoy poverty and crime, voting Democrat is a bad idea. Voting for a thin skinned trial lawyer with
either party is a bad idea. Wendy Davis is just that.
I don't know anything about her skin but I do know she supports gays. I am independently wealthy and retired so I am not too concerned about poverty but I do hope to marry my boyfriend one day in my native land. Sure, we could move to California or Massachusetts but we love the Lone Star state and want for it to progress, rather than us have to move on out. I don't always vote democrat but there aren't too many Log Cabin Republicans in our area. For me, gay rights overrides all others - I don't even care about this abortion controversy since I don't have kids nor do I plan to reproduce with a woman.
whocares

Texarkana, TX

#21749 Feb 18, 2014
Dianne Felder wrote:
<quoted text>
blah! Blah! I'm a proud democrat and I don't like Wendy!!
SoSezYou

Cypress, TX

#21750 Feb 18, 2014
Kit 56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek mental help, you nutjob
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#21751 Feb 18, 2014
SoSezYou wrote:
<quoted text>
Seek mental help, you nutjob
Is that the best you can do?. Typical feeble Prog response. Never let any truth or different thoughts get in the way of your pathetic feelings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 4 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Defiant1 17,876
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 5 hr That Fart Guy 722
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Thu Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Gasman 766
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lone Star News, Events & Info