Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
19,261 - 19,280 of 21,684 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not really fond of the 45-70. Had one. The only way to flatten the trajectory was by using 300 grain bullets. The only real advantage is being able to load up to 500 grain.
Might as well go with the .444. Already have plenty of bullets for .44 mag if I want to shoot lighter loads. The .444 should take down the biggest and meanest hogs with 300 grain loads.
I might eventually get a .500 S&W. Been looking a few of them.
The ones I sell have lifetime replacement warranties.Drop it off a mountain, get a new one, period, no questions.My prices are very good.And, the warranty is transferable.The big revolver is really a thing of beauty.Right now I'm thinking of bringing in a Kimber 1911 in.38 super, just for me.If you get a chance, stop in at Collectors Firearms in Houston.Fantastic selection, old and new.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

In North Carolina they actually have a season for squirrels and rabbits. Crazy state.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The ones I sell have lifetime replacement warranties.Drop it off a mountain, get a new one, period, no questions.My prices are very good.And, the warranty is transferable.The big revolver is really a thing of beauty.Right now I'm thinking of bringing in a Kimber 1911 in.38 super, just for me.If you get a chance, stop in at Collectors Firearms in Houston.Fantastic selection, old and new.
I like Collectors Firearms. I also check their website often for a .444. Marlin still makes the .444 Marlin with a 22" barrel. All Collectors have right now is a customized guide model with a 16 3/4" barrel.

Carter Country is another place that I like and Marburger in Seabrook. I don't like Academy or Bass Pro. Carter Country offered to special order me one, but it's like buying a pair of shoes. You need to try them on to make sure that they fit. I wouldn't want to pay the restocking fee if I didn't like the rifle.

I like the feel or the Marlin 1895 but I don't want it in 45-70.

The Kimber 1911 is a great pistol to own. Never owned a .38 Super but people like them for competition shooting with the reduced recoil.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
In North Carolina they actually have a season for squirrels and rabbits. Crazy state.
It must be an East Coast thing. They have squirrel and rabbit seasons in New Hampshire and Vermont too.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Collectors Firearms. I also check their website often for a .444. Marlin still makes the .444 Marlin with a 22" barrel. All Collectors have right now is a customized guide model with a 16 3/4" barrel.
Carter Country is another place that I like and Marburger in Seabrook. I don't like Academy or Bass Pro. Carter Country offered to special order me one, but it's like buying a pair of shoes. You need to try them on to make sure that they fit. I wouldn't want to pay the restocking fee if I didn't like the rifle.
I like the feel or the Marlin 1895 but I don't want it in 45-70.
The Kimber 1911 is a great pistol to own. Never owned a .38 Super but people like them for competition shooting with the reduced recoil.
Went to Gander Mountain looking for a .45 sizer die. Guy didn't know what it was.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

test

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

new black panthers wrote:
fluck the white world. we will have our black party government. we will enslave the whites and make them work for the pay of the illegal aliens. and make the illegals legal and put them in the place of the slave driving white rich. take from the white and give to the black and mexicans
Wow! You're super-jealous of white people, aren't you? You should try learning from us.
How to work, how to act in public, how to spend money wisely, how to stay out of trouble, how to raise a kid,... etc.
Apparrantly, you also need to learn how to catch and hold your black mates, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what pisses me off the most are the global elite and our corrupt government. None of these filthy parasites have ever done a days work in their lives, yet think that they are entitled to control everyone's life.
Maybe it's time for a serious tax revolt to starve all of the freeloaders into getting off our backs and out of our wallets. Only problem is, half of this country is made up of freetards and the other half are too chickenshit to do anything about it.
Yes, that's the word I'm looking for - a Tax Revolt.

Everyone is too scared to do anything because we fear the government. That's by design, isn't it?
The only way we could revolt is if everyone were united in cause, before we made the first big action. Strength in numbers, applies here.
So, what voice could, and would, lead the sheep out of slaughter?

I had higher hopes when the Savage Nation, Michael Savage, came to my radio station but, he's nuts. He talks about glutin and plays Benny Goodman or (?)and talks about unimportant BS. Seems his biggest concern is marijuana users.(Which, drug wars violates freedoms, anyway.)
Also, it enslaves those who choose to excersise those freedoms, while profitting the elite, the corporate-owned prison industry and everyone else in government.

There has to be a way for Taxpayers to unite!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You're super-jealous of white people, aren't you? You should try learning from us.
How to work, how to act in public, how to spend money wisely, how to stay out of trouble, how to raise a kid,... etc.
Apparrantly, you also need to learn how to catch and hold your black mates, too.
Guy is no more black than I am.just another game player.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Went to Gander Mountain looking for a .45 sizer die. Guy didn't know what it was.
Typical big box retail. They half ass train these people to work in several departments and they don't know much about any of them. At least Collectors and Carter Country have people who know exactly what you are talking about.

I usually go to Carter Country and Bailey's House of Guns in Pearland for reloading supplies. MidwayUSA never has anything in stock anymore for powder or primers.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

broke back wrote:
Love squirrel's
I generally leave the tree rats alone but at least they will provide some protein when there is nothing else to eat.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's the word I'm looking for - a Tax Revolt.
Everyone is too scared to do anything because we fear the government. That's by design, isn't it?
The only way we could revolt is if everyone were united in cause, before we made the first big action. Strength in numbers, applies here.
So, what voice could, and would, lead the sheep out of slaughter?
I had higher hopes when the Savage Nation, Michael Savage, came to my radio station but, he's nuts. He talks about glutin and plays Benny Goodman or (?)and talks about unimportant BS. Seems his biggest concern is marijuana users.(Which, drug wars violates freedoms, anyway.)
Also, it enslaves those who choose to excersise those freedoms, while profitting the elite, the corporate-owned prison industry and everyone else in government.
There has to be a way for Taxpayers to unite!
I'm not feeling very hopeful at this point. The fascist statist regime has done very well with their divide and conquer strategy. The younger people have had years of government indoctrination a.k.a. school. Fifty percent of the population are getting handouts from the government and the lying Lame Stream Media treat the public like mushrooms by feeding them shit and keeping them in the dark.

There are no politicians that we can trust and talking heads like Savage are all sizzle and no steak. Obama even sends his Gestapo known as the IRS to harass conservatives. The evil empire keeps striking back.

Until the public finally wakes up and grows a spine, we are all screwed.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Pampers is nothing more than a pot stirring piece of garbage and a waste of time.
Yahoo

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) trumpeted "record strength" in its first fundraising report since Davis joined the race this past October. In a Tuesday press release, Davis announced that her campaign and a joint effort with a Texas Democratic group had raised a combined total of more than $12.2 million from 71,843 individual contributors between July 1 and Dec. 31, 2013.
Tex

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2014

Hum

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical big box retail. They half ass train these people to work in several departments and they don't know much about any of them. At least Collectors and Carter Country have people who know exactly what you are talking about.
I usually go to Carter Country and Bailey's House of Guns in Pearland for reloading supplies. MidwayUSA never has anything in stock anymore for powder or primers.
Went to Carter Country on the Katy Fwy recently, they had no primers, no brass, no powder.I've got to drive to a wholesaler in Draper Virginia to find the things I need.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Guy is no more black than I am.just another game player.
Debating is fun but, it's a pain in the arse, trying to determine who's telling the truth ore acting. I am honest and hate having to weigh others honesty. I wish everyone would just be honest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not feeling very hopeful at this point. The fascist statist regime has done very well with their divide and conquer strategy. The younger people have had years of government indoctrination a.k.a. school. Fifty percent of the population are getting handouts from the government and the lying Lame Stream Media treat the public like mushrooms by feeding them shit and keeping them in the dark.
There are no politicians that we can trust and talking heads like Savage are all sizzle and no steak. Obama even sends his Gestapo known as the IRS to harass conservatives. The evil empire keeps striking back.
Until the public finally wakes up and grows a spine, we are all screwed.
So, you're saying that the voice who will lead the sheeple is not in politics and not in media?

Ok so, where will he come from? If he is a regular person, that's fine but, how will a regular person be able to grab and direct the sheeple? There has to be a microphone somewhere.
Find that one microphone and you will fine America's spine.
Heat From Another Sun

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Debating is fun but, it's a pain in the arse, trying to determine who's telling the truth ore acting. I am honest and hate having to weigh others honesty. I wish everyone would just be honest.
We got a guy here pretends to be a racist black dude, AND,a racist white dude.He actually uses both forum names to fight with each other.Just a low life race baiter.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Went to Carter Country on the Katy Fwy recently, they had no primers, no brass, no powder.I've got to drive to a wholesaler in Draper Virginia to find the things I need.
I go to Carter Country on Shaver in Pasadena but it is almost on my way home from work every night. Their shelves are bare most of the time unless I hit it just right on
a delivery day.

I did luck out on powder and primers at a gun show a while back and at a reasonable price too. Forget about guns and ammo at these shows. They price gouge the hell out of almost everything. Of course they count on most of the
people not knowing what things are really worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••