Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 948)

Showing posts 18,941 - 18,960 of21,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Thank the folks that bought into Obamas bs, and voted for it. Both Rs & Ds.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

test
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

test
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
I will not say what I think of Barrac Obama, other than he is the worst to ever sit in the White House. And to be worse than the Shrub takes a lot of doing.
Yep. Barry Soetoro has actually proven to be worse than Carter and Shrub combined. To actually lie about what he said on national media is pathetic.
He must think that we are ALL stupid. Not just his supporters.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Not only are technical problems effecting the roll out of Obamacare, whether it be as a faulty soft ware issue or an induced error from an external source is yet to be determined. In the end it will be investigated for years to come no doubt.
Another feature will be the present infrastructures of Insurance companies that seek to hold their monopoly on various sectors of our nations populace. That as well will be addressed and rectified.
Where there is competition amongst 4 or more insurance companies in a sector produces lower premium cost as those such as in rural areas have 2 or less cost is higher. Sharp difference which exposes the erroneous previous insurance infrastructure that promoted continuous higher cost of Health Care with a national average of 7 % per year to premiums and accelerating. Once this abnormality is dealt with estimates for premium increases will average approximately 3.3% per year. In ratio with the rate of living income index
Presently many of the poor are being offered the highest-priced plans in the 34 states. Of the 2,500 counties, 58% have only one or two insurance companies. Driving a higher cost to insurance. Their obstructions as well as some hospitals to have competition brought in , will delay the full benefits of Obamacare to be realized by those citizens for some time to come.
Example; Wyoming with only two insurers are significantly higher than their neighbor Montana with three insurers. Even across county lines differences can be substantial. Monroe County Fl. with two insurers, suffer greater cost compared to their neighbor Miami-Dade County, with seven companies in competition.
Rural Baker County Ga. With one insurer a 50 year old would pay on silver plan $644.05 where as his counterpart in Atlanta Ga. Pays $320.06.
Most of these low competition one insurer states are in the southern belt of our USA. In the North, Main, West Virginia, North Carolina, Alaska and N.H.
“The consumer wants some level of choice,” said Alexander K. Feldvebel, the deputy insurance commissioner for New Hampshire, where one carrier, Anthem Blue Cross, owned by WellPoint, now offers plans.“You don’t have that when you have a single carrier offering all the products.”
Well people have to run now, hope this helps you and your associates in comprehending what is effecting Health Cost.
LOL may Texas have a god to pray to. Dictating governor will stifle any info on Obamacare for it illuminates the republican ignorance they have been shoving down the throats of their women folks and their constituents. Further slip sliding the lone star state into the bowels of despair and failure.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Hyped up propaganda of the Foxy shepherd, for his naïveté herd, is not acceptable to the enlighten.
On the front lines of Obamacare we can examine the benefits of its expansion. Far from full steam ahead and yet the consequences to the republicans is deactivating their strengths of unity.
Observe the republican Tea stronghold of Kentucky. Here under the intelligent leadership of their democratic governor, Steven L. Beshear already over 34,000 have applied for Obamacare with 11,000 secured knowing they can now have Health Care Insurance that they can AFFORD that the fear mongering tactics of the republicans are nothing more than dust in the wind. This since Oct. First ! Now imagine they still have until March 31st to sign up!
Looks like the voters are not as red as their false republican leaders want us to believe. Governor Beshear is an example of a strong fortified leader of integrity. Unlike his republican associates such as Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell to name a couple. Two who have sought to divide and destroy this nation unless we pay their ransom.
Here is how Governor Beshear sums it up as a true leader of his constituents;
.“You don’t have to like the president; you don’t have to like me. Because this isn’t about him, and it’s not about me. It’s about you, your family and your children. So do yourself a favor. Find what you can get for yourself. You’re going to like what you find” Notice the difference? Republicans are all about ME, ME, ME, Give Me, Give Me, blah, blah, blah.
Kentucky is the proud Southern state to say they are the FIRST to expand Medicaid to their constituents. The rest of the southern states are as usual in their quagmire of ill leadership. Lacking intelligence and integrity. Betting that they can keep their constituents ignorant of Obamacare long enough to get their vote one more time before they are exposed for the frauds that they are.
Jessie Benton, campaign manager for Mitch McConnell, is an excellent example of this hyped up fear mongering tactics of the RED’s. Observe his callow take on the wave of people that are not buying his fear mongering ways as he takes it a step up when he says; “Kentuckians are suspicious and deeply concerned about Obamacare, Any Democrat running in Kentucky in 2014 is going to be in a box: stand against your base, or endorse a policy that’s very unpopular and not working well.”
LOL when he knows there is that hurdle of the last showdown that the republicans failed at with a disapproval ratings by 74% of the nation holding them directly responsible for juvenile leadership with damaging consequences to our nation. Last estimated cost of damage is another $24 Billion increase to the national debt. AND they are so worried about the debt. Yeah Sure !
“To me this was a moral decision,” he said.“We’ve got 640,000 Kentuckians who don’t have access to any kind of affordable health care. The last ranking I saw, we’re 44th out of 50 in health status. You take any chronic disease or condition — heart disease, cancer, smoking, obesity, you name it — and we’re either the worst or close to the worst.” Here is a leader that is truly concerned for the failing state of affaires that the RED’s have infested his state with.
A State Commissioned Study on Governor Beshear expanded Medicaid financial strategy will reap $15.6 Billion and ad over 17,000 new jobs.
Of course republicans will demonize it, for after all, they are for the increasing wealth to their 1% lords and masters.
Governor foresees what lays in store for the weak democrats and republicans; “Most of these critics are going to end up with egg on their face,” the governor predicted.“People are finding that I can get health insurance for the first time in my life that I can afford. They’re going to look back at these folks after all the dust settles and say,‘You misled us.’”
Poll: Growing Number of Republicans Dislike GOP

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/11/01/poll ...
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
Hyped up propaganda of the Foxy shepherd, for his naïveté herd, is not acceptable to the enlighten.
On the front lines of Obamacare we can examine the benefits of its expansion. Far from full steam ahead and yet the consequences to the republicans is deactivating their strengths of unity.
Observe the republican Tea stronghold of Kentucky. Here under the intelligent leadership of their democratic governor, Steven L. Beshear already over 34,000 have applied for Obamacare with 11,000 secured knowing they can now have Health Care Insurance that they can AFFORD that the fear mongering tactics of the republicans are nothing more than dust in the wind. This since Oct. First ! Now imagine they still have until March 31st to sign up!
Looks like the voters are not as red as their false republican leaders want us to believe. Governor Beshear is an example of a strong fortified leader of integrity. Unlike his republican associates such as Rand Paul or Mitch McConnell to name a couple. Two who have sought to divide and destroy this nation unless we pay their ransom.
.“You don’t have to like the president; you don’t have to like me. Because this isn’t about him, and it’s not about me. It’s about you, your family and your children. So do yourself a favor. Find what you can get for yourself. You’re going to like what you find” Notice the difference? Republicans are all about ME, ME, ME, Give Me, Give Me, blah, blah, blah.
Kentucky is the proud Southern state to say they are the FIRST to expand Medicaid to their constituents. The rest of the southern states are as usual in their quagmire of ill leadership. Lacking intelligence and integrity. Betting that they can keep their constituents ignorant of Obamacare long enough to get their vote one more time before they are exposed for the frauds that they are.
Jessie Benton, campaign manager for Mitch McConnell, is an excellent example of this hyped up fear mongering tactics of the RED’s. Observe his callow take on the wave of people that are not buying his fear mongering ways as he takes it a step up when he says; “Kentuckians are suspicious and deeply concerned about Obamacare, Any Democrat running in Kentucky in 2014 is going to be in a box: stand against your base, or endorse a policy that’s very unpopular and not working well.”
LOL when he knows there is that hurdle of the last showdown that the republicans failed at with a disapproval ratings by 74% of the nation holding them directly responsible for juvenile leadership with damaging consequences to our nation. Last estimated cost of damage is another $24 Billion increase to the national debt. AND they are so worried about the debt. Yeah Sure !
“To me this was a moral decision,” he said.“We’ve got 640,000 Kentuckians who don’t have access to any kind of affordable health care. The last ranking I saw, we’re 44th out of 50 in health status. You take any chronic disease or condition — heart disease, cancer, smoking, obesity, you name it — and we’re either the worst or close to the worst.” Here is a leader that is truly concerned for the failing state of affaires that the RED’s have infested his state with.
A State Commissioned Study on Governor Beshear expanded Medicaid financial strategy will reap $15.6 Billion and ad over 17,000 new jobs.
Of course republicans will demonize it, for after all, they are for the increasing wealth to their 1% lords and masters.
Governor foresees what lays in store for the weak democrats and republicans; “Most of these critics are going to end up with egg on their face,” the governor predicted.“People are finding that I can get health insurance for the first time in my life that I can afford. They’re going to look back at these folks after all the dust settles and say,‘You misled us.’”
YYaaawwn
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Good old Blarney from Fort Pissmeyer is a good little German for the cause. Always performing damage control
for a failed pResident and his failed policies.

Hitler had a few good stooges too.
lolhxhd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Funny people lol
Ididit

Brownwood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
CBS reports too
Ididit

Brownwood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Sad when people don't have a clue. This President does not tell the truth. When CBS, the liberals, says Obama is lying.... it is interesting.
What we are losing is America, our freedoms. Some saw the problems with ObamaCare. Coming. How dumb does Obama think people are.
Irishnavaho

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Voter wrote:
My insurance went up big time.$300 for each ER visit.
Insurance went up 100%,.
If youth could not afford insurance how will they afford it now.
IRS is now going to be handling our insurance....now that is spooky.
This happen to me post how all this is changing your plan.
yea I guess if u cant pay ur er visit being uninsured IRS will with hold ur taxes wtf!
Irishnavaho

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Barry Soetoro has actually proven to be worse than Carter and Shrub combined. To actually lie about what he said on national media is pathetic.
He must think that we are ALL stupid. Not just his supporters.
Nahhhhhhhhhh just you dummy deerfarts
Fuzznuttie

New Boston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Fuzznuttie for president,Fuzznuttie health care,free for all,Vote for me Fuzzienuttie whoops forgot how to spell my name
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Irishnavaho wrote:
<quoted text>Nahhhhhhhhhh just you dummy deerfarts
Ignorance is bliss for fools like you.
Texan

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss for fools like you.
lol yes it is

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Guy comes into the shop, sells me his 45.70, says he's tired of the recoil.So....he buys a .375 .....from me.....good grief.....
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Texan from Bellville is not me.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

test
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Guy comes into the shop, sells me his 45.70, says he's tired of the recoil.So....he buys a .375 .....from me.....good grief.....
Noting like spending money to learn the hard way. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,941 - 18,960 of21,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lone Star Discussions

Search the Lone Star Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 16,783
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Texan 719
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 639
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 382
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 707
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 328
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 497
•••
•••
•••
Lone Star Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••