Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
18,721 - 18,740 of 21,431 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

And what's wrong with believing in Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny? If you have any sense at all you know you can't believe in the Democrats, and the Republicans. Hell if Santa, and the Bunny were in charge they would get more done than that bunch of clowns that are in DC now have accomplished.
howdy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Gd

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Defiant, running this gunshop is a twenty four hour a day job.Especially with reloading and repairs.But, our prices are very good, and our guns all have lifetime transferable warranties.Accidentally run over your gun, get a brand new one.Working for yourself, you work harder.Our custom reloads are used by competition shooters.The hard part, is owning a bunch of guns, and not being able to shoot them.....
Mr H

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

It's funny that posting a topic about how people can drive around town with their kids hanging out window with no repercussions, but gossip and slander is left up.... Sounds like a cover up? Hebbronville, TX
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Defiant, running this gunshop is a twenty four hour a day job.Especially with reloading and repairs.But, our prices are very good, and our guns all have lifetime transferable warranties.Accidentally run over your gun, get a brand new one.Working for yourself, you work harder.Our custom reloads are used by competition shooters.The hard part, is owning a bunch of guns, and not being able to shoot them.....
Sounds like business is good. I like reloading. I use mostly Hornady and Sierra for revolver loads and Barnes for rifle. Have yet to take that 460
Rowland that I put together out on a hog hunt, but I have some pretty hot
Buffalo Bore ammo for it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Texan wrote:
And what's wrong with believing in Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny? If you have any sense at all you know you can't believe in the Democrats, and the Republicans. Hell if Santa, and the Bunny were in charge they would get more done than that bunch of clowns that are in DC now have accomplished.
The only thing the fools in DC accomplished is a 24 billion dollar loss to the economy.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the fools in DC accomplished is a 24 billion dollar loss to the economy.
Very good defiant but not totaly accurate. Lets take a step further. Republicans are still in denial. Viewing future negotiations and debates with tainted ideologies.
Presenting demands for debt reduction when there is debt reduction evolving. Thus far Obama has cut deficit annual debt in half from the 2008 deficit that was consuming our nation. This they fail to recognize.
Obamacare as an investment for expanding employment and health to the nation. This they can not and will not comprehend.
Inequality of our laborers productivity distribution. This they fail to recognize.
Starving the middle class dynamo of its fuel to produce has been demonstrated by their desires on more than one occasion. This they comprehend. How that relates to the financial destruction of our nation is what they fail to comprehend.
Leveling the fields of financial inequality? Dogmatically objecting while feeding the top of the pyramid, increasing ever further the inequality and reducing available fuel for the middle class dynamos. This they comprehend !
Americans have voiced their concerns on these issues on several occasions that republicans have continuously ignored. As they gather themselves up from the recent failed debacle of their invention, what is it they seek?
Not a replay of the bruising defeat of their archaic tactic of hostage / ransom but to once again return to square one and start over again. All the time wasted in-between is to be forgotten? Failing to bring up bills for debate on issues that are pressing our nation. Illuminating how failed leadership can not proceed to progression as they are preoccupied with redundant strategies of restart, restart, restart. Subject-ting our congress to the least productive in our nations history.
We The People are not appreciating that intelligent leadership is using our congress for mere hands on education for unqualified candidates in authority. A means to identify and expel incompetent leadership within congress should be called out. Just as teachers must identify the child that is failing to comprehend their education and take the necessary steps to rectify that problem that benefits all concerned. So should it be to our leadership and those that distract our capabilities to progress.
An employer that does not address the failing of an employee’s productivity, is compromising the integrity of the employer’s establishment. How can we ask anything less from those in authority?
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
bullstars

Padre Island Ntl Seashor, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

he knows and waco suck eachothers little d@cks
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

My point exactly Defiant1. Let's hear it for Santa and the Easter Bunny! Just say no to every incumbent in Washington!
tesd

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
Team IAVA

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

On Tuesday, the 33 veterans and military groups of The Military Coalition stood together at the World War II Memorial to demand that Washington end the shutdown. And last night, Washington finally listened. The shutdown is over -- but our work to support vets and their families is not.

For IAVA, the end of this shutdown means preparing for the next one. Because, unfortunately, Washington could be back to playing political games again come January. We must ensure that veterans are never vulnerable because politicians can’t do their job. That is why we are urging Congress right now to pass advanced funding for the entire VA, so that VA services never again are interrupted by political posturing. It’s also time to get back to work to end the backlog, which still affects 435,000 veterans.

But we can’t do any of this without you. Help us fight against another shutdown. Click here:

https://secure.iava.org/donate-now ...

to donate $20 or whatever you can today.

For 16 days, Washington used the men and women who serve this country as pawns in their political games, putting at risk the disability and education benefits that are a lifeline to veterans and their families. The progress made on reducing the VA disability benefits backlog stalled. Critical VA services were suspended. And families of the fallen were forced to rely on charity to be able to travel to receive their loved one. The impact of the shutdown was so far-reaching that demand for non-profit veterans assistance programs like our Rapid Response Referral Program increased by as much as 500 percent.

It was -- and still is -- disgraceful. Give what you can today to help us fight for veterans every day.

Thanks,

-- Team IAVA

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like business is good. I like reloading. I use mostly Hornady and Sierra for revolver loads and Barnes for rifle. Have yet to take that 460
Rowland that I put together out on a hog hunt, but I have some pretty hot
Buffalo Bore ammo for it.
They've taken two black bears here in the last two days.Got a 350 pounder myself.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good defiant but not totaly accurate. Lets take a step further. Republicans are still in denial. Viewing future negotiations and debates with tainted ideologies.
Presenting demands for debt reduction when there is debt reduction evolving. Thus far Obama has cut deficit annual debt in half from the 2008 deficit that was consuming our nation. This they fail to recognize.
Obamacare as an investment for expanding employment and health to the nation. This they can not and will not comprehend.
Inequality of our laborers productivity distribution. This they fail to recognize.
Starving the middle class dynamo of its fuel to produce has been demonstrated by their desires on more than one occasion. This they comprehend. How that relates to the financial destruction of our nation is what they fail to comprehend.
Leveling the fields of financial inequality? Dogmatically objecting while feeding the top of the pyramid, increasing ever further the inequality and reducing available fuel for the middle class dynamos. This they comprehend !
Americans have voiced their concerns on these issues on several occasions that republicans have continuously ignored. As they gather themselves up from the recent failed debacle of their invention, what is it they seek?
Not a replay of the bruising defeat of their archaic tactic of hostage / ransom but to once again return to square one and start over again. All the time wasted in-between is to be forgotten? Failing to bring up bills for debate on issues that are pressing our nation. Illuminating how failed leadership can not proceed to progression as they are preoccupied with redundant strategies of restart, restart, restart. Subject-ting our congress to the least productive in our nations history.
We The People are not appreciating that intelligent leadership is using our congress for mere hands on education for unqualified candidates in authority. A means to identify and expel incompetent leadership within congress should be called out. Just as teachers must identify the child that is failing to comprehend their education and take the necessary steps to rectify that problem that benefits all concerned. So should it be to our leadership and those that distract our capabilities to progress.
An employer that does not address the failing of an employee’s productivity, is compromising the integrity of the employer’s establishment. How can we ask anything less from those in authority?
"Obamacare as an investment for expanding employment and health to the nation. This they can not and will not comprehend."

Investment my ass. It has and will continue to be a job killer.There is so much wrong with your post, but I don't have all night to waste oon it.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> They've taken two black bears here in the last two days.Got a 350 pounder myself.
Bear is good eating if it's cooked right.
why

Hondo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

test

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••