Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23183 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20292 Sep 6, 2013
Your ramblings have proven others on this forum correct in their opinions of you. You sound like a half baked philosophy professor who should have TRIED to teach Current Affairs. Really, I read and reread your crap hoping to find the basis and it's just not there. Best of luck to you. "Hermit" signing off.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20294 Sep 6, 2013
Dang wrote:
Your ramblings have proven others on this forum correct in their opinions of you. You sound like a half baked philosophy professor who should have TRIED to teach Current Affairs. Really, I read and reread your crap hoping to find the basis and it's just not there. Best of luck to you. "Hermit" signing off.
Admitting your inability to comprehend is honorable. You admit it where a few on this thread remain in their boxes. I noticed, as it is with few on this thread, you do not read the comment in its entirety and then half bake replies follow. That would have serious effect on your lack of comprehension.
Using your numbers note only 15.5 % 0f the world trade commerce, with 14.9% in exports and largest importer of 16.1%. As I stated a small ripple. They will continue to trade and import but severely reduced. China would be one of MANY to benefit from that EU disaster. Picking up their lost exports and continue to import to them.
Now these numbers represent France, Germany and the Netherlands who would continue with their businesses without picking up the debt of the failed EU. They are the economic backbone of the EU and so trade would have negligible effect on the rest of the world If anything, it will help bolster trade in other sectors of the world. Simple as that.
“Lone Hermit” was one sector of the distribution populace, as was his majesty’s throne. Extremes of two finical sectors and styles of living. That you take the hermit personally and not the majesty or something in-between is interesting. Humorous to say the least. It also indicates you did not go to the link provided. Once again answering to my comment without reading it. Just choose emotional triggers to guide you? LOL
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#20295 Sep 6, 2013
Rick Perry. Hilarious. He's Bush only without the brains.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20296 Sep 6, 2013
Gee, it looks like the "Democrat in Charge" fell flat on his face in Russia, much to their glee, in trying to convince the world to bomb Syria. Of all places to look weak, it makes one wonder if it wasn't planned. "STRELNA, Russia — President Obama ran into an impasse on Friday in his bid to rally international backing for a military strike on Syria as world leaders wrapped up a summit meeting here remaining deeply divided over the right response to what the Americans have called the deadliest nerve gas attack in decades." "After a dinner debate that lasted into the early morning hours of Friday, Mr. Obama emerged with a few supporters but no consensus, as other leaders urged him not to attack without United Nations permission, which is not forthcoming. Instead, the president had to resign himself to generalized statements of concern over the use of chemical weapons." Now, any other time the chants of something about Bush and WMD's, would be deafening. Now, it's crickets.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20297 Sep 6, 2013
Dang wrote:
Gee, it looks like the "Democrat in Charge" fell flat on his face in Russia, much to their glee, in trying to convince the world to bomb Syria. Of all places to look weak, it makes one wonder if it wasn't planned. "STRELNA, Russia — President Obama ran into an impasse on Friday in his bid to rally international backing for a military strike on Syria as world leaders wrapped up a summit meeting here remaining deeply divided over the right response to what the Americans have called the deadliest nerve gas attack in decades." "After a dinner debate that lasted into the early morning hours of Friday, Mr. Obama emerged with a few supporters but no consensus, as other leaders urged him not to attack without United Nations permission, which is not forthcoming. Instead, the president had to resign himself to generalized statements of concern over the use of chemical weapons." Now, any other time the chants of something about Bush and WMD's, would be deafening. Now, it's crickets.
That's Democrits for ya.
Cheerios

North Richland Hills, TX

#20298 Sep 6, 2013
Party
less than zero

Landrum, SC

#20299 Sep 7, 2013
Forand is becoming angry.Is the super republican"Dang"gett ing under his admittedly thin skin?
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20300 Sep 7, 2013
Here we are just a few years down the road from Libya. Obama asked for funds to beef up security to the foreign embassies. Tea Party and republicans dysfunctional leadership replied with a resounding NAY ! Embassy’s attacked and the first to accuse Obama? You got it, the same one’s that denied the funding for embassy security ! Now lives are being lost due directly to Tea Party negligence.
Presently they are seeking to prevent Obama from chastising the use of chemical war fare tactics. Once again Tea Party and some dysfunctional republicans are NAYING. When the next chemical attack occurs OH how they will laminate their wailings upon Obama for failing to do something. This Republican Tea strategy has been played over and over again like a broken record. Repeating and repeating stuck in a rut. At the cost of thousands of innocent lives to be martyred for their egotistical dysfunction leadership.
Home of the Brave ! HA ! This republican leadership has and is illuminating to the world that America is the land of the WIMPIES !

Typical right wing nut. Obama wants to contain chemical weapons from being used and you go off all hyped up about another war! Dysfunctional minds follow Dysfunctional leadership.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20302 Sep 7, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
Here we are just a few years down the road from Libya. Obama asked for funds to beef up security to the foreign embassies. Tea Party and republicans dysfunctional leadership replied with a resounding NAY ! Embassy’s attacked and the first to accuse Obama? You got it, the same one’s that denied the funding for embassy security ! Now lives are being lost due directly to Tea Party negligence.
Presently they are seeking to prevent Obama from chastising the use of chemical war fare tactics. Once again Tea Party and some dysfunctional republicans are NAYING. When the next chemical attack occurs OH how they will laminate their wailings upon Obama for failing to do something. This Republican Tea strategy has been played over and over again like a broken record. Repeating and repeating stuck in a rut. At the cost of thousands of innocent lives to be martyred for their egotistical dysfunction leadership.
Home of the Brave ! HA ! This republican leadership has and is illuminating to the world that America is the land of the WIMPIES !
Typical right wing nut. Obama wants to contain chemical weapons from being used and you go off all hyped up about another war! Dysfunctional minds follow Dysfunctional leadership.
"Dysfunctional minds follow Dysfunctional leadership."
It's about time that you realized what your problem is.

Do you see anyone else using chemical weapons other than Syria?.
Typical leftist hysteria. Who cares what the Muslim bastards do to each other?. I know I don't.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20303 Sep 7, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
One more thing you leftist dunce. 90% of the American public are against getting involved in Syria. Know what that means?. Democrats along with Republicans actually agree that the whole thing is a stupid idea. Your Terrorist-In -Chief still hasn't got the message.
ABCD1

Lampasas, TX

#20304 Sep 7, 2013
It is an honor to be a Texan!!!!!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20308 Sep 8, 2013

As it is in Syria so it is here with republicans. Ignore it at your peril.
In Syria; It all comes down to. Do we contain the proliferation of Nuclear, Bio, and Chemical weapons of mass destruction or not?
Ignore their use with no reprimand and we do so at our peril.
Senators that oppose the strike are calculating this chemical attack is a one time scenario. If they are wrong then all of the following martyred deaths blood and causalities will be on their heads. Increase proliferation, of weapons of mass destruction, will haunt them as well as to the innocent which will soon be their victims. Including ourselves.
As it is in Syria so it is here with republicans inequality of distribution.. Ignore it at your peril.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions..
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20309 Sep 8, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
As it is in Syria so it is here with republicans. Ignore it at your peril.
In Syria; It all comes down to. Do we contain the proliferation of Nuclear, Bio, and Chemical weapons of mass destruction or not?
Ignore their use with no reprimand and we do so at our peril.
Senators that oppose the strike are calculating this chemical attack is a one time scenario. If they are wrong then all of the following martyred deaths blood and causalities will be on their heads. Increase proliferation, of weapons of mass destruction, will haunt them as well as to the innocent which will soon be their victims. Including ourselves.
As it is in Syria so it is here with republicans inequality of distribution.. Ignore it at your peril.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions..
Keep squawking you stupid chicken hawk. You just might get your wish yet. When WWIII is ignited, you can sit back and enjoy the carnage and/or get a taste of it. It really shouldn't matter to you anyway as you are already older than dirt.

American foreign policy has been a complete disaster for the past 50 years. Why spoil a perfect record now?.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20311 Sep 9, 2013
Call it what ever you want Barney, but it is an attack, and no matter how you twist it, IT IS AN ATTACK and you support it. Damn aren't you just soooo much better than everyone else?
WHY

Hondo, TX

#20312 Sep 9, 2013
TEST

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#20313 Sep 9, 2013
Texan wrote:
Call it what ever you want Barney, but it is an attack, and no matter how you twist it, IT IS AN ATTACK and you support it. Damn aren't you just soooo much better than everyone else?
Funny but all you right wing idiots for years have lumped all muslims in the same category, Christian hating terrorists. So then that would make Syria part of the group that attacked on 9/11 and the US would be responding to a terrorist attack.

Or are you going to go on record and say not all muslims are evil Christian hating terrorists?

So which is it?

Run from another direct question little tard.
LovelyHulaHands

Humble, TX

#20315 Sep 9, 2013
At least when Bernard is on here, he's not in the coffee shop running his big loud mouth trying to get the whites to talk to him. What a loser.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#20316 Sep 9, 2013
This is the most ridiculous fallacy coming from US, by just saying about chemical weapons, by calling redline by predetermining to jumping to conclusion.

When Obama says if he won't act, that would lose credibility--maybe his credibility is to the rebels.

But the world does not allow US to strike Syria. So that has no credibility by just thinking that does not care what the world says TO STRIKE, as well as in UN MATTERS, as Bush did.

US is the other party, by saying Syria used chemical weapons.
But Syria Assad says he has not used chemical weapons. But does the world have to act on this from what Obama says? US has chemical weapons too and there are over 40 countries also have.
It is up to the world if there is a court to look into it, that US is not policeman nor prosecutor, but the third party.
When the other party Syria says of not using chemical weapons, both US and the other party must be present, to show their case, and that is impossible as it will take a lot of time and procedure. ONE is too naive and unrealistic to be jumping to conclusion that the world will go by one side of what Obama and Kerry say that is their absolute proof and evidence, but that is not how it works. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE to waste on time to go by looking into Syria again and again.
When the other party Syria proves it is not true and they Syrians have not done it, then US is in deep trouble by falsifying to commit atrocity.

But the world might have no time for this, simply that is the credibility to rule out of any strike by US---that Obama does not know even where and what the credibility IS ABOUT.

UN might have to rule out US saying, because the public business of credibility of what the world wants is not to strike Syria--ASSAD SAYS HE DID NOT USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS--US EVEN SAYS HE IS LYING AS ALL OTHER SIDES SAY US LYING TOO--WHAT IS THE POINT BY MAKING THIS NUISANCE BY OBAMA?

The public business matter is in the UN as UN can reject and disapprove anything as not worthwhile.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20317 Sep 9, 2013
Texan wrote:
Tex my use of words differ from the limited source you exist within. I Stated that the word attack is to strong a word in addressing the Syrian issue of present. That is why I introduced you to some new words for you. Reprimand and or Chastise. There are more, but you are having so much trouble comprehending those two. Not spinning, just far more precise in my use of the language I use on the subject. No doubt you will seek the Foxy hyped up definition tactic and fail to notice the subtle differences betwixt the literal atmosphere of “Attack” and Chastise and Reprimand”.
As I meander through several threads I have been asked do I ignore or gently deal with irrelevant comments.
“Interesting point. As for myself I do ignore comments that hold nothing more than callow sophomoric derogatory dysfunctional remarks. No substance and or facts. I have, as a child read many comic books. As an adult I put away the fairy tales, myths, and comic books, for books that have actual nutritious knowledge.
While the callow individuals spew their dysfunctional nonsense, I continue to feed relevant rational knowledge. It facilities to the readers that pass on by, as to which do they prefer. Comic book children views or something a wee bit more matured in comprehension of rational intelligence.”
A simple strategy.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20318 Sep 9, 2013
Kind of like calling a spade a spade, you could call it an excavating tool, or a f>in shovel Barney, anyone of the three will work. And yes Actually I do lump all Muslims into one category. Allah worshiping enemies of everyone who does not believe the same as they do. Is that clear enough for you? I just happen to believe as long as they are killing each other stay back and let them have at it. Why waste the price of a missle when they do the job a lot cheaper, and have no one to blame but themselves? I didn't think Bush should have gotten involved in Iraq they liked to fight with Iran and as long as they were killing each other they were leaving everyone else alone. It takes a ruthless dictator to keep those idiots in line, and like I stated as long as they are killing each other let them. The more the better and I don't care how they do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Texas State Medical Board disciplines ETX doctor (Jan '13) May 18 The Ace of Spades 10
News Highlights from around the Capitol Apr '15 Sick of Bigots an... 1
Liepman Restaurants/ DBA Dairy Queen (May '12) Jan '15 will quit 7
Looking for Thomas Calvin Allen age 50, does an... Jan '15 Searcher 1
Shawna Lynn Campbell Jan '15 Robyn 1
More from around the web

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]