Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23992 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19890 Aug 15, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
I go by the news media, same as you. If you dispute the news, you have to prove it's wrong. Tougher than it seems, isn't it?
Obama may be impeached for his crimes. I guess I won't have to prove anything then, except that I said it was happening.
Stop defending him and start proving he is right. I don't see it.
Use your own method of justification boy. If you disagree with something PROVE IT IS WRONG.

Now run along boy, you have to press your white hood for the campfire tonight with the rest of your redneck texatard buddies

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19891 Aug 15, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! You just have to be Christian, to see it. That is a group which, you don't belong to.
Besides being a pathetic hate filled imbecile you are also a shytty Christian.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19892 Aug 15, 2013
The hand writing on the wall is for all to read. From 1848 with 50 countries revolting against the doctorial, hierology, oligarchies, etc. etc. Voice of the suppressed has risen and sustained through the years. Slowly gaining ground, progressing to the demise of inequality and those that support austerity policies.
Political change resulted whether the demonstrations by the suppressed actually lost their cause goals. Remaining in their wake currents that had politics drifting to the causes of the suppressed demands.
1848 all 50 countries in voicing their discontent were silenced by military might of their sovereignties. In the wake of that military or political suppression through the years the voices of those silenced haunted the sovereignties who then made subtle changes that recognized officially what was voiced by their constituents.
Prague Spring of 1968 was silenced. In its wake in less than 30 years exposed the failure of the Russian oligarchy. Its inability to compete on the Liberal International Free Trade Markets of the world. And the “Walls” came a tumbling down.
Recently we have had the Flower children voicing their disapproval of inequality in the 60’s. They were silenced. In their wake voices rose to challenge the financial inequality of the 1%. Both of these causes reverberated through out the world in various countries.
Arab Spring; Syria, Libya, Egypt or Tunisia, where seldom a voice was allowed to rise, has now voices of all fractions within themselves openly communicating their preferences‘.
Autocratic sovereignties of these nations kept them in uneducated, overly populated and poverty. As it has been for nations seeking the liberty of democracy, blood of the martyrs for liberty will once again nourish the soils for democracy. Years in its growth and formation. Steadily growing to the light of the Liberal Free Trade Markets rewarding illuminations of unity and peace.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19893 Aug 15, 2013
Found you someone who really hates you CS backside, I think T i m hates you even worse than he does me, you even got him riled up enough to come right out and state that he is a racist. I wish we could lock you two up in a 12X12 room and just sit back and watch.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#19894 Aug 15, 2013

America has worn through many cloaks through out its history. Foreigners looked out over their seas, oceans and deserts to the promise land of America. Vast ranges of land to be consumed for mere pittance and hard labor. Blood of the martyrs of the revolution which nourished the first sprouts of Liberty, Opportunity, Justice, and the pursuit of Happiness, within this land so blessed, will not soon fade into the night. Nor as the future martyr’s for this ambitious goal, will not be forgotten.
Blood of these revolutionary martyr’s for freedom was not enough. Less than a century later Abraham Lincoln relieved President Buchanan with 11 states in secession seeking to divide the nation into separate independent nation states. Much as in ancient Greece with their city state. Defeat was inevitable by larger unified organizations.
Abe realized the desperate seriousness to our USA’s chances for this young nation to survive was at hand. March 4th 1861 Lincoln steps up to the helm declaring that these 11 states will not survive nor would this nation without unity of all. Greatest loss of American blood, in all of its history was once again demanded in nourishing our goals for freedom and liberty.
Less than ½ a century {1901 to 1909} latter, Ruff Riding Teddy with his big stick picks up the gauntlet to break up those that sought to destroy our democracy through their greed. Siphoning the wealth to a few and returning increasing poverty to the citizens of America.
A little over a century latter, the flower children {1965 to 1975} demonstrated, warning the nation of the increasing inequality that existed within USA’s administrations. Less than a ½ a century 2010 USA is once again demonstrated, warning of the inequality in our laborers productivity distributions to the 1% of our nation and providing ever increasing poverty.
The Haves and Haves not is an old fixture of inequality, dating back to the origins of our species. Inequality being the dominating purpose of disputes of tribes, cities, states, and nations. Micro symptom of recessions’ and depressions’ is exhibited by those infected with an imbalance to inequality.
Science has evolved away from suppositious studies, to observing emerging facts through the language of the Universe,{mathematics}. With this key, multi opportunities have come to be realized and identified. This same key to awakening our various curiosities of nature has been turned inward to discover the fundamental flaws to our inability to grasp the cherished Grail of Humanity for Peace. Inequality unregulated is now the most wanted villain in all of the histories’ of humanity.
A cancerous growth that must first be contained with treatments, until a cure can be found. Presently science with less obstructive forces shackling their progress will some day discover that cure. Until then we must preserve and seek the strict containment to our inequality’s cancerous growth.
Time For A Democrat

Dublin, Ireland

#19895 Aug 15, 2013
When PRESIDENT OBAMA is done with being the president, we should beg him to become the govenor of Texas, so he can teach us and lead us out of darkness. Texas will be a great place to live.
Dang

Greer, SC

#19896 Aug 15, 2013
"Bee Reel wrote:
America as I watch things get worse and worse for you, I feel nothing but contempt.Cynicism is your new god, along with sex and food you fat pukes.Diseased weaklings who think they are the center of the universe.The Great Generation of WWII is gone, leaving behind puling fifth who scream for the government to take care of them.Indeed,a sad legacy."

"We are all to blame. We simply sat back in our own little worlds and let it happen. The people have the power to demand change. But most will rush home to vote on American Idol and pay no attention at all to a Presidential Election. They vote the guy that looks best. What the hell is that? We must wake up and fight for change before it is too late. When it is too late...the scenario that I mentioned will become reality. Except those being rounded up will be real Americans not the scum bags." These were comments from another forum, I was wondering if anyone here in Texas felt the same way?
Dang

Greer, SC

#19897 Aug 15, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
America has worn through many cloaks through out its history. Foreigners looked out over their seas, oceans and deserts to the promise land of America. Vast ranges of land to be consumed for mere pittance and hard labor. Blood of the martyrs of the revolution which nourished the first sprouts of Liberty, Opportunity, Justice, and the pursuit of Happiness, within this land so blessed, will not soon fade into the night. Nor as the future martyr’s for this ambitious goal, will not be forgotten.
Blood of these revolutionary martyr’s for freedom was not enough. Less than a century later Abraham Lincoln relieved President Buchanan with 11 states in secession seeking to divide the nation into separate independent nation states. Much as in ancient Greece with their city state. Defeat was inevitable by larger unified organizations.
Abe realized the desperate seriousness to our USA’s chances for this young nation to survive was at hand. March 4th 1861 Lincoln steps up to the helm declaring that these 11 states will not survive nor would this nation without unity of all. Greatest loss of American blood, in all of its history was once again demanded in nourishing our goals for freedom and liberty.
Less than ½ a century {1901 to 1909} latter, Ruff Riding Teddy with his big stick picks up the gauntlet to break up those that sought to destroy our democracy through their greed. Siphoning the wealth to a few and returning increasing poverty to the citizens of America.
A little over a century latter, the flower children {1965 to 1975} demonstrated, warning the nation of the increasing inequality that existed within USA’s administrations. Less than a ½ a century 2010 USA is once again demonstrated, warning of the inequality in our laborers productivity distributions to the 1% of our nation and providing ever increasing poverty.
The Haves and Haves not is an old fixture of inequality, dating back to the origins of our species. Inequality being the dominating purpose of disputes of tribes, cities, states, and nations. Micro symptom of recessions’ and depressions’ is exhibited by those infected with an imbalance to inequality.
Science has evolved away from suppositious studies, to observing emerging facts through the language of the Universe,{mathematics}. With this key, multi opportunities have come to be realized and identified. This same key to awakening our various curiosities of nature has been turned inward to discover the fundamental flaws to our inability to grasp the cherished Grail of Humanity for Peace. Inequality unregulated is now the most wanted villain in all of the histories’ of humanity.
A cancerous growth that must first be contained with treatments, until a cure can be found. Presently science with less obstructive forces shackling their progress will some day discover that cure. Until then we must preserve and seek the strict containment to our inequality’s cancerous growth.
Where are those "flower children" today?
Dang

Greer, SC

#19898 Aug 15, 2013
"Where Have All the (Flower) Children Gone?"
First, while young people fueled the fires of the anti-war movement, the draft ignited that fuel. By 1969, two-thirds of college males were selecting academic majors leading to draft-exempt career fields. Furthermore, as graduate programs in universities and seminaries expanded, accommodating administrators lowered academic standards, opening their doors even wider to as many draft-dodging young men as possible. For the American academy the result was a generation of scholarly decline as curricula forsook traditional academic subjects for courses more attuned to multi-cultural, gender and class-oriented themes. On the American religious scene there followed a 40-year membership decline in mainline Protestant denominations where church leaders—seminarians of the ’60s—seemed more concerned with pushing “progressive” issues like gay ordination and women’s reproductive rights than with presenting the gospel. Second, the current student body differs markedly from that of the ’60s. Women constitute a majority of today’s undergraduate cohort, especially in the liberal arts. Male students, more concerned with future career aspirations, tend to practical majors in business, engineering and the hard sciences. Across American academe as graduate programs in the liberal arts shrink, new offerings in subjects associated with national security studies and intelligence analysis expand. Third, the Vietnam anti-war movement started small in early 1965 with teach-ins and then mushroomed into massive demonstrations by the decade’s end, its growth driven by the rapid escalation of American involvement and rising draft quotas. By contrast, the current anti-war movement started large then rapidly dwindled. One big reason is the absence of any threat of conscription.“Hell no! You won’t go!”(currently expressed as “Bring the troops home now!”) doesn’t hack it when America’s best and brightest fill the ranks of our all-volunteer military. Furthermore, the left’s continuing insistence on its “support for the troops” echoes of nothing so much as the proverbial skin of a lie stuffed with a reason. Fourth, while the moniker “war on terror” lacks strategic precision, most Americans understand the vicious nature of those Islamist terrorists who murdered 3,000 innocent people on 9/11. The reasons for fighting this war are much more apparent than were those ill-defined objectives offered by the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. Furthermore, while some trendy 1960s academic lefties waxed eloquent about the Viet Cong constituting the “moral equivalents of our founding fathers,” only the most jaded adherent to “America-as-behemoth” worldview could dismiss the pernicious evil motivating terrorists who bellow “Allah Akbar” while slaughtering their victims. Where have all the flower children gone? For the most part, after turning on, tuning in, and dropping out, we grew up, prospered, and got old and now are headed for retirement communities in our high-end sedans and sports utility vehicles. For most of us,“we support the troops” does not constitute a preamble to anti-war statements. Rather, we support the troops because we know how important it is for good people to stand firm against evil. It seems a significant number of our children and grandchildren understand that as well."
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19899 Aug 15, 2013
Keep Obama in Chicago, he isn't wanted here.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19900 Aug 15, 2013
Dang, there is nothing wrong with being anti-war, but we all need to realize the fact that it is sometimes necessary. Can you imagine what the world would be like had this country not stood up against Nazi Germany and Japan? I understood and agreed with going into Afghanistan after 911, Iraq? No, that was BS. Iran Iraq Iran Iraq, our Government has been supporting one or the other for years. They sort of kept each other in check and gave a buffer of sorts between them and The United States. God be with our troops where ever they are, but don't put them in harms way without a damn good reason. I am a former para-medic USAF.
Dang

Greer, SC

#19901 Aug 15, 2013
Texan wrote:
Dang, there is nothing wrong with being anti-war, but we all need to realize the fact that it is sometimes necessary. Can you imagine what the world would be like had this country not stood up against Nazi Germany and Japan? I understood and agreed with going into Afghanistan after 911, Iraq? No, that was BS. Iran Iraq Iran Iraq, our Government has been supporting one or the other for years. They sort of kept each other in check and gave a buffer of sorts between them and The United States. God be with our troops where ever they are, but don't put them in harms way without a damn good reason. I am a former para-medic USAF.
First off, Go Army! 5 of us were born on a base somewhere. My point to BF was the 60's crowd are the John Kerry's and CEO's of today. They are either retired or getting ready to retire. They became the "establishment" of today.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19903 Aug 15, 2013
Time For A Democrat wrote:
When PRESIDENT OBAMA is done with being the president, we should beg him to become the govenor of Texas, so he can teach us and lead us out of darkness. Texas will be a great place to live.
Aaahhahahahahahhahahhah!. Thanks for the laugh. I didn't realize that lobotomized idiots like you could actually still write a complete sentence.
Mack

Arlington, TX

#19904 Aug 15, 2013
Yes yes

Since: Aug 13

Haslet, TX

#19905 Aug 15, 2013
Yall trash talk eachother, lets see whose to gnash thier teeth first,
Remeber first one to lose thier tooth loses everything!

Game on and begins nows

Dont let me hear you yell or cry during the gnashing, im only gonna smile
Lon

United States

#19906 Aug 16, 2013
Yes

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#19910 Aug 16, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure health care will increase, but the so-called Affordable Health Care law is unconstitutional as well as unsustainable. No, I have absolutely no faith in Obama, except to make things worse, just like Bush.
I think the "voter fraud" issue is a red herring. Just look at the candidates that we are forced to choose from. Obama's past 4 1/2 years has been nothing more than a continuation of the Bush regime.
Look at the miserable excuses for candidates that the Republicans have put up. McCain is nothing but a closet Democrat that would have lost in 2008 with or without Palin. If anything, it looked like he threw the election.
Mitt Robme is just another rich liberal hypocrite who doesn't inspire confidence in anyone. Just think, in 2016 we have "what difference does it make" Benghazi Hillary to look forward to. Now that old hag should really
inspire confidence, right?. I wouldn't vote for that crooked old pig even
to win a prize at a dog show.
Seriously, who ever is responsible for choosing the trash that we are stuck with on voting day, couldn't possibly scrape any closer to the bottom of the barrel.
I meant to respond earlier. I'm sure you're wrong about voter registration and the red herring thing. While we may not have many quality candidates running for office, I believe voter suppression and gerrymandering is real, especially here in Texas where Republicans fear that they will eventually lose their grip on this state. This no doubt applies to some other states as well.
Bee Reel

Maggie Valley, NC

#19911 Aug 16, 2013
Edthirty is his IQ.
rangersfan

New York, NY

#19912 Aug 16, 2013
Do we really have 902 pages of comments about Governor Perry? The religious and political debates on this forum are just ridiculous. Some people on here spend more time talking about the most meaningless things than anyone I've ever seen in my life.
Texan

Wichita, KS

#19913 Aug 16, 2013
Gerrymandering is very real, and both parties are guilty of it. Both parties live in fear of losing their grip on the states they control. The only thing neither party is guilty of is careing even a little bit about the American people. Money and power for them and their contributers. THAT IS A FACT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 20 hr FlavorsPharts 1,054
Counterfeit Money in Daingerfield Oct '16 byrdfamily2000 1
Liepman Restaurants/ DBA Dairy Queen (May '12) Sep '16 Newboston187 11
News Texas State Medical Board disciplines ETX doctor (Jan '13) Aug '16 Krista 11
Former Daingerfield High student set to go on t... (Apr '14) Aug '16 Patrick Hill 5
Dangerfield High School Grad convicted of Medic... Aug '16 Patrick Hill 1
News Texas man sentenced to probation in brutal rape... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Audi 5000 5

Lone Star Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lone Star Mortgages