Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#19401 Jul 24, 2013
Greg Abott wrote:
I think I have a shot!
Greg! You can't spell your name right!
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19402 Jul 24, 2013
Dang wrote:
<quoted text> I gonna regret it.
Dang Nab It why all this blah,blah from the right wing nuts? No substance no facts.
Remember when republicans were so fearful of the economy’s state affaire? Well they still are !
Right Wing cries too fast, too fast, too fast, slooooow down..“It Is All About The Economy Stupid”
The Congressional Budget Office said the 2013 fiscal deficit would fall to about $642 billion, or 4 percent of G.D.P., about $200 billion less than it estimated just three months ago.
WASHINGTON — Since the recession ended four years ago, the federal budget deficit has topped $1 trillion every year. But now the government’s annual deficit is shrinking far faster than anyone in Washington expected, and perhaps even faster than many economists think is advisable for the health of the economy.
The agency forecast that the deficit, which topped 10 percent of gross domestic product in 2009, could shrink to as little as 2.1 percent of gross domestic product by 2015 — a level that most analysts say would be easily sustainable over the long run — before beginning to climb gradually through the rest of the decade.
"Revenues have been strong as the economy has outperformed a bit," said Joel Prakken, a founder of Macroeconomic Advisers, a forecasting firm based in St. Louis.
Over all, the figures demonstrate how the economic recovery has begun to refill the government’s coffers. At the same time, Washington, despite its republican political paralysis.
Republicans say perhaps too successful. Given that the economy continues to perform well below its potential and that unemployment has so far failed to fall below 7.5 percent, many economists are cautioning that the deficit is coming down too fast, too soon.
“It’s good news for the budget deficit and bad news for the jobs deficit,” said Jared Bernstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.{R}
“I’m more worried about the latter.” OOOHHH scary..
Now Obama is showing his democratic colors of success in financials. With the government running a hefty $113 billion surplus in the tax payment month of April, according to the Treasury, analysts now do not expect the country to run out of room under its debt ceiling.
The $200 billion reduction to the estimated deficit comes not from the $85 billion in mandatory cuts known as sequestration, nor from the package of tax increases that Congress passed this winter to avoid the so-called fiscal cliff. The office had already incorporated those policy changes in its February forecast.
Republicans want Congress to agree for this year to serving as a partial brake on the recovery, cutting government jobs and preventing growth from accelerating to a more robust pace, many economists have warned. The International Monetary Fund has called the country’s pace of deficit reduction “overly strong,” arguing that Washington should delay some of its budget cuts while adopting a longer-term strategy to hold down future deficits.{R} Typical, small minds for small growth..
CBO is revising its estimates for the current year, the budget office also cut its projections of the 10-year cumulative deficit by $618 billion. Those longer-term adjustments are mostly a result of smaller projected outlays for the entitlement programs of Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as smaller interest payments on the debt. The C.B.O. has quietly erased hundreds of billions of dollars in projected government health spending over the last few years.
It did so again on Tuesday. In February, the budget office projected that the United States would spend about $8.1 trillion on Medicare and $4.4 trillion on Medicaid over the next 10 fiscal years. It now projects it will spend $7.9 trillion on Medicare and $4.3 trillion on Medicaid.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19403 Jul 24, 2013

The season of the pirates is approaching once again. Elements of the Tea Party are preparing another daring kidnapping of our financial security. Hostage / Ransom scenarios will once again be emphasized as the ideal leadership ideology of this dysfunctional party. Saddling us with the most dysfunctional Congress in our Nations History is what they consider as honor.
July 23 2013 House Appropriations sub committee drafts a bill to cut Environmental Protection By 34%, Eliminate gas regulations! Cut National endowments for the arts and humanities by 50% Fish and Wildlife by 27%. Of the $3 Billion for Alternative energy reduced to $826 Million, Of the $380 Million for advanced research and development in energy,
down to $70 Million. Once again eliminate PBS {Big Bird}, Education grants cut 16% for the improvised, Labor Department cut 13%.
Meanwhile back in the senate {R Tea} are threatening Senator Harry Reid Senate Majority leader {D}’, vow to hold the nation hostage if any money is considered to support any portion of Obamacare. Senator John Cornyn {R Tea}, John Thune {R Tea}, And Marco Rubio {R Tea} are the official keepers of the Tea Pot in the senate.
Legislative days to go are a mere 24 days away from the Oct.1 deadline. Considering since 2010 Tea have not ever entertain the concept of politics or comprehend it, what chance will there be in the next 24 days they have left to educate themselves?
A letter drafted by senators Mike Lee {R Tea}, Ted Cruz {R Tea}, and Rand Paul {R Tea} Demanding to not fund any provisions of Obamacare. Taken together we are witnessing the greatest cuts since 1995 when the republicans sought to eliminate the departments of Education, Energy and Commerce and holding the USA Hostage for 28 days!
Dan Pfeiffer sums it up “ Republicans’ were offering no plan, other than indiscriminate cuts as far as the eye can see and repeal Obamacare as often as possible.” Mr. Pfeiffer warns the nation that the Tea is once again seeking a train wreck form of politics for the USA.
Republicans further demand reforms to cut Medicare and S.S., Rewriting the Tax Code. Unless all of these issues are surrendered to the {R Tea}, the pirates will initiate there threats against the USA. Senator McConnell {R Tea} made it clear he will not abide by the cut spending across the board sequester. It would require cuts to, too many austerity's strategic components.
Security and Exchange Commission that has been enforcing laws and investigating the corruptive practices of Wall Street and the Banks is to be cut by18%. Transportation and housing bill cut nearly 50%, Community Block Grants to levels below what the founder President Gerald Ford had originated, slashing any funds to the new Consumers Protective Agency, IRS cut by 24%, Amtrak by 30% and clean water grants slashed 83%!
Bottom line {R Tea} have no intention of actually seeking any security for their constituents‘. Traditionalist conservative republicans are now distancing themselves from such Tea intoxicated demands and pirating ideologies. Zealot extremist with no intelligent beneficial leadership for the nation. Austerity is illuminated as their motivation!

Texan

Falls Church, VA

#19405 Jul 24, 2013
blah blah blah baffeling BS Barney blah blah blah
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

#19406 Jul 24, 2013
As obamacare slides slowly to the bottom of the Sea of Stupidity......
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#19407 Jul 24, 2013
At this point waco I don't think it's sliding all that slowly. But you will never convince Barney.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19408 Jul 24, 2013
Where you at Blarney?. No half pages of regurgitated drivel on Obama and his equally useless speech?.

Let me save you the trouble by summarizing it for you. The speech was just that, a speech amounting to nothing but talk with no results. Just like the past four years of this idiot with the satellite dish ears.
Eyes open

Ford City, PA

#19409 Jul 24, 2013
Bernard. You said more than a mouthful. You certainly have your eye on the ball.

Tea is my drink of choice, but when it comes to politics, I find myself choking on the tea brewed by the radical right of the Republican party. I find that both state and national politics are leaving a strong, bitter taste in my mouth. I am in favor of dumping Republican tea into the nearest harbor.
David Adams

Fort Worth, TX

#19410 Jul 25, 2013
WELL SAID!!
Eyes open wrote:
Bernard. You said more than a mouthful. You certainly have your eye on the ball.
Tea is my drink of choice, but when it comes to politics, I find myself choking on the tea brewed by the radical right of the Republican party. I find that both state and national politics are leaving a strong, bitter taste in my mouth. I am in favor of dumping Republican tea into the nearest harbor.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#19411 Jul 25, 2013
Eyes open wrote:
Judging from your leftist drivel, we can imagine what else leaves a taste in your mouth.
Eyes open

Morgan, TX

#19413 Jul 26, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from your leftist drivel, we can imagine what else leaves a taste in your mouth.
You are so clever! How long did it take you to think of that one?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#19414 Jul 26, 2013
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a 401k or similar retirement fund? If it isn't tied into the stock market then you can cry that you are seeing none of the rewards. If it is...then you are full of crap. My money is on the latter.
It's pretty common amongst liberals, to discredit your enemy as stupid, when they present information you don't like.

Now, if you have a 401K, I might consider you one of the thieving rich liberals. I, being a peasant, have nothing but the truth.
So, what do I have to lose, by calling out the problems, in truth?

Location hidden

#19415 Jul 26, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why do you think this reply comment of yours is anything but of substance or facts. You don’t read , simply because your literate level has not yet reached the stage where you can comprehend what it is you read. Thus naïve callow dysfunctional comments is all you have.
To think that such organisms walk our streets. LOL and thanks to the NRA’s arms race, probably with a semi-matic or auto-matic weapon of mass destruction. Bigotry and racism as their motivation for existence. Sad state of affaire as the gun ambushes will continue to rise in violence.
I don't read all of your crap because, you're full of it.

If I bothered to give your stupid post the full attention you think you deserve, I'b be as big of an idiot as you are.

So you can write a meaningless essay. BFD! First, you gotta find someone stupid enough to waste time reading it.

And, BTW, liberals pollute the mental capacity of anyone within reading distance of you.
It's wonderfully empowering, to know I can say something equally fascinating as you but, I can say it in a lot less space.

You have accomplished nothing, in ridiculing those with differing opionions except that, you come of as a really big ass.

Location hidden

#19416 Jul 26, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a good example of the fear Truth exposes from within. Low self esteem abounds. No doubt due to racist ignorance that can not be defended. Now like a callow child ask for someone else to provide the proofs that Truth can not do. However could this child provide proof. LOL that would require a literate comprehensive human being that can Actual do simple research.
LOL Truth and research; An Oxymoron…
What would it matter if one provided the proof Truth requires? Truth is not capable to comprehend it, let alone the ability to read it.
You must be really pisst that I don't liker your obamabitch.
Tough. I don't like him, you can't make me like him so, why don't you just eat worms?

Location hidden

#19417 Jul 26, 2013
I like Ted Cruz. He is truly fighting for Americans. He wants to unite Americans against the gov, in short.
He is a well-spent vote.

I will never ever vote for another black person, unless he's a republican. Maybe.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19418 Jul 26, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty common amongst liberals, to discredit your enemy as stupid, when they present information you don't like.
Now, if you have a 401K, I might consider you one of the thieving rich liberals. I, being a peasant, have nothing but the truth.
So, what do I have to lose, by calling out the problems, in truth?
It is easy to descredit you as stupid because your posts make the point for me so readily.

DO you have a 401k or similar retirement fund? Yes or no
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19419 Jul 26, 2013
Nothing new on the economic front with the Left as they pursue to address the price of inequality. Since the days of F.D.R. and his economic advisor {Eccles} who was the first to officially declare that the dynamo of democracies is its middle class. Through the Clintons with his O’Neal and now with Obama with his Beinecke economic advisor have each had the greatest growth rates through securing the strengths from this dynamo of consumers fluid monetary movements, self reinforcing a constant demand for increasing productivity.
Conservatives have constantly have and continue to this day with Austerity policies, that siphons the laborer’s productivity to a small majority of the populace. Decreasing the fluid consumer to stimulate additional productivity.
Hoarding the wealth and not returning it to the free markets to stimulate productivity, resulting in Aristocratic scenarios.
Presently our position on inequality approaches the African, and Latin America dictatorship.
Sovereignties are graded on their inequality, as it will determine their credit on the Free Markets. Its called the Gini Coefficient. Grading scale is 0 to 1. From 0 being pure equality, to 1 being pure inequality. A small sampling example; Nations such as Germany, Norway and Sweden have a Gini of .3 or less.
South Africa and Latin America have a .5 or above.
USA’s Gini in 1980 was .4 Presently it is at 4.7. This is according to the U.N.’s data. Rendering the USA in the category of nations such as Iran and Turkey.
Conservative continue policies that advance inequality which very soon will return us the serfdom in a multiple fragmented nation with puppet dictators. Further seeking fragmenting any union proposals and its demise.
Obama champions for the middle class will not be enough with a mere 8 years of effort to turn around the conservative damage of 8 decades. In the wings we do have additional potential democratic candidates that can continue to reduce the out of control inequality increases, sought by the republicans. Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren just to name a couple that have proven records, to their allegiance to strengthening the middle class dynamo.
Republican on the other hand have the infamous honor to exhibit their 1929 Great Depression and their 2008 Great Recession.
They do say, the third time is a charm.. Hmmm???
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19420 Jul 26, 2013
Senator Elizabeth Warren challenges the centrist democrats on the issues of inequality. Exposing the division within the democrats on the need for addressing the Inequality within our nation.
Obama concurs with when he said “ BUT- and here’s the big but- I’m here today to tell you that we’re not there yet” Obama is expanding his comment from his original financial text to illuminate the dangers of The Price Of Inequality as the wealthy are doing better while the middle class is degenerating and the roles of the impoverished are escalating.
Liberal left contend, that with Detroit’s bankruptcy and the degeneration of class mobility is so severe that it is the moral imperative for the democrats to become identified as the champion against austerity’s inequality policies of the republicans, as well as from some of their own centrist democrats. Stressing that the ever increasing Price Of Inequality will be a crippling cancerous growth that will terminate the American way of life.

Democrats cohesion on the cultural elements, that once divided the party, is now passé
Issues on gun reforms, gays rights, and immigration have faded into a cohesive unified democratic comprehension, of the quality it promotes to their progressive beneficial nature. Divisions as late as 1990 on these issues have been laid to rest. Now they will debate how best to advance their progressive beneficial ideologies to serve their constituents, on this disparity of inequality, within the financial income infrastructure.

Republican party is presently divided. Traditionalist conservatives distancing themselves from their ideologue extremist. Exposing potential fatal flaws for their bid for the 2016 elections. Republican’s continuous austerity policies will be exposed to attack. Resulting in a common ground for the democrats to rally upon. Progression against inequality will be a favorable political discourse, for the emerging candidates and their pursuits to enforce agendas that discredits increasing inequality, will be compatible with the majority of the nations populace. Resentment of the overwhelming abuses of the 1% towards their fellow citizens have been exposed. Austerity through out the world is presently degenerating, in its acceptance, as a viable means of addressing the issues of inequality.
A rising champion for the middle class consumer and its laborers’, Elizabeth Warren. Former Harvard professor and the architect for a consumer protection agency has won the senior senators seat as a freshman for Massachusetts, in the 2012 elections. Austerity supporters shutter at the mention of her name. Fluent in the jargon of the Wall Street and too big to fail banks. Exposing and illuminating the flaws that presently exist within them.
Two issues she is addressing; 1] the plight of our college students loans and the enormous debt they shackle our graduates to. Elizabeth contends that students loans should be at the same interest rate {0.75%} that the Federal Reserve extends to the bank. She voted against the July bipartisan compromise on the Federal student loan deal, irritating some of her senior democratic colleagues. Students loans will rank up there as comparable to the what the draft was for our generation.
2] Reviving the dormant Glass Stegall as an issue, that present senior democrats have been reluctant to review. Demanding we return to the regulations that existed from the F.D.R. administration. Those regulations stopped the cycle of up and down bust of the banking industries. Waterdown of their provisions, by the republicans once again began to show the up down cycle returning, until its total repeal in 1999 which reignited the failures of banks.
Hillary Clinton / Elizabeth Warren ticket will be a most formidable political contender-ship for the 2016 elections. Unifying a progressive leadership advocating reforms to inequality.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19421 Jul 26, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be really pisst that I don't liker your obamabitch.
Tough. I don't like him, you can't make me like him so, why don't you just eat worms?
Truth is you are boringly ignorant. Southern whites you represent? LOL not me for sure. Think you will find Tex will be defiant to such representation by such a one as you and what you represent. Justsaying..
Here is an example of your ignorance. Immigrated 300 years ago. B.S.! What your saying your related to the Pilgrims? First Northern YANKEES. AND what does that matter as well. Is 300 years some magical number which makes everyone from that era acceptable? The little bit of Indian in me says no. For my forefathers have been here for over 30,000 years and you are still just another greenhorn immigrant. Far as I’m concerned if you were to go back from whence you came, some nomadic impoverished tribe assimilating the Neanderthal genes within your illusionary pure strain Anglo Saxon BS.
When one eludes to the bible, visions of bigotry washes over me.
. LOL we all come from Adam and Eve? Kind of like a big DUH there to any of your racist ideologies. Just where do they think their Anglo Saxon white bodies came from. Do they actually think Adam and Eve were Anglo Saxon. LOL.. They contained all the races ? Then after they propagated, their children had no recourse than to commit incest to propagate. Eventually they evolved enough to spit out the various races and Anglo Saxon being one. Hmm genetic evolution? Not even close to being the majority of the worlds population. Alas, which all have been derived from the INCEST of what Adam and Eve thrust upon our civilizations, as ordered by their god. Now with that said; raciest bigots that BELIEVE in this as being your source within creation are ancestors of incest.
AND when I encounter individuals that racist represent; I must admit that bigots are an excellent example that incest has had a role in their existence which produced such a host of lost souls. Whether or not that goes back to the original source I still question. There are those that exemplify intelligence sufficient enough to indicate we have evolved from different scenarios then what pea brains such as these “BELIEVE” in.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#19422 Jul 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
As obamacare slides slowly to the bottom of the Sea of Stupidity......
Here I stand to give thanks to Waco Defiant Tex Truth for being the wind beneath my wings. Giving me the strength to fly higher than eagle. Exposing me to panoramic views that I now share with them. May their gods be gentle with them..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Cowboy Jims (Dec '09) Sep '14 brentonsmommy 11
Jerry Richardson Aug '14 CounselorJoe 2
Arts digest: Sign up now for Chalk the Block Aug '14 Gasman 2
Is Hubert Hajek dead? (Apr '09) Aug '14 Your Ghost 6
Texas Restaurant Tells Gay Couple They "Don't S... (May '14) Jul '14 inquisitor 25
Lone Star Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lone Star News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lone Star

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:00 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:00AM