Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18737 Jun 30, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you still do not realize what books I read. Sometimes I do read those books for the grandkids, that you mentioned. However that is less than .01% of what I read.
Congratulations on your Solar Green Garden. That’s how I started as well. First the workshop then on to the house. Recently just picked up a 2,000 watt pure wave inverter to add on.
Bird house yup have one of those as well but if you remember I first mentioned to you my interest in building things way back when I was making my own solar panels from solar cells on up. Most of the substrates for the panels were free as I was simply making them from what people were discarding. Remember…? Getting old has its lapses don’t they?
Real thinking is what some think they are doing when actually they are merely rearranging their prejudices…
Hey now try a food garden. That can be an interesting add on hobby as well. I have some 2nd and third generation plants still going, as well as the everyday varieties.
I just might try a small garden, but it's going to have to get a little cooler than this. Pure sine wave inverters do cost more but it's the only way to go. At least this stuff is modular, so you can just keep adding on.

Am running a 12 volt system right now but down the road I might rewire everything in series for a higher voltage. Less worry about meltdowns.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18738 Jul 1, 2013
Denmark

Denmark's stance on immigration has often been considered controversial. The largely homogenous country has reportedly offered immigrants cash incentives to leave if they cannot assimilate into Danish culture. The incentive was driven by the far-right Danish People's Party, which states on its website that "Denmark is not an immigrant-country and never has been. Thus we will not accept transformation to a multiethnic society."

One of Denmark's most scrutinized laws on immigration is the 24-year rule, which states that in order for the foreign spouse of a Danish citizen to qualify for citizenship both the Danish spouse and the foreign spouse must be at least 24 years old. The rule's purpose is to limit the number of immigrants, prevent forced marriages, and create a better integration process, according to a report by humanityinaction.org .

However, the law has prevented families from reuniting, sparking a debate over possible human rights violations. There are special circumstances where the law can be waived, such as if the spouse is a refugee, has underage children with connections to Denmark, or is handicapped or seriously ill.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
Interesting article on "global" immigration.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18739 Jul 1, 2013
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18740 Jul 1, 2013
Stupid and totally worthless U.S. media can't or won't report the truth or anything worthwhile. Now King Barry
treats them like the obedient little children that they
are. I guess King Barry finds the 1st Amendment "fundamentally flawed" along with the rest of the Constitution.

Obama, in South Africa, Tells U.S. Media to 'Behave'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18741 Jul 1, 2013
justasayin wrote:
http://news.nationalgeographic .com/news/2013/06/130621-dead- zone-biggest-gulf-of-mexico-sc ience-environment?source=sailt hru
Thank you bug killer.
Yep, we are poisoning our own planet. I won't even fish the Trinity river here in Texas because of the pesticide contamination in the fish. Even 40 years
ago, mercury contamination was well known in the fish population in N.H. and
nothing has been done about it.

Yet, the green vulture capitalists want to take our money in the form of taxes and do nothing about the environment.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18742 Jul 1, 2013
We grow our own food Defiant whenever possible. No pesticides, irradiating or chemical fertilizers. We are in the process of building a greenhouse for winter. The difference in taste is astounding.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#18743 Jul 1, 2013
Why would anybody even consider eating fish out of the Trinity, back in the sixties we called it S--t River, the aroma was nausiatibg. Three more years and we will be rid of Barac, his screwedup policies might take a while longer.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#18744 Jul 1, 2013
Texan wrote:
Why would anybody even consider eating fish out of the Trinity, back in the sixties we called it S--t River, the aroma was nausiatibg. Three more years and we will be rid of Barac, his screwedup policies might take a while longer.
Dallas uses the Trinity as a bathroom. Here in North Carolina, I'm constantly surprised at how clean the rivers are. I lived on the Trinity for years, didn't notice any strange odors.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#18745 Jul 1, 2013
The waste treatment plant at one time sat due east of downtown Ft. Worth, I lived just a little east of it, boy did I notice strange odors, now the waste treatment plant is just west of Arlington and those folks in far west Arlington sure notice those odors now. If you get away from metropolitan ares of Texas you can still find clean rivers here.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18746 Jul 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Check"Through the Wormhole", narrated by a fine Southern actor.
Have already read a few books by Stephen Hawking through the years. Some are “A brief history of time” 1988 “The universe in a nut shell” 2011 “ Grand DESIGN” 2010” Theory of everything” 2002 as well as many other authors on the subject of physics. Their imaginations is the macro that is exposed with the micro evolving scenarios, to our sciences evolution and the benefits we derive from them. NASA and now the private enterprises that are evolving to ride in the wake of NASA’s discoveries. Such as your driverless car, which has passed muster recently and is being tested on our municipal highways, as we comment.
Mar’s rover? Drones, etc.
Within the fertile imaginations of these geniuses lays the future domains of ours and our decedents to come. Not only in science can we find geniuses and their imaginations that are forming our civilization. Virtually every field you can conceive there is or are geniuses behind it in its construct and evolution. There is where I choose to climb the mountains. Views are breathtaking.. Occasionally strolling through the valleys to observe what the effects of these mountains have on the organizations that flourish there.
Through the wormhole is a spin off from Einstein’s theory of relativity and dimensional warping of conduits of time displacement. Example consider a “U” as one such form of warped space . One could continue to travel along the designated loop of the “U” or take a shortcut from one tip to other. Traversing a shorter amount of time and space to arrive at another point in time/space. Warping of space has been proven to exist. Our Jules Vern’s of today, use these discoveries to spin off a multi imaginative stories.
All of this demands our constant attention to the advancement of education, health and security of our civilization. Inequality under regulation becomes essential in any pursuit of those goals.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18747 Jul 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Even now more and more people are having their groceries delivered, spending more time at home with their flatscreens their smartphones and their internet. I think the advent of cellphone technology will usher in the era of cars that drive themselves, ending the carnage on the roads relating to talking and texting, as well as drinking, eating and just plain driving while sleepy. Cars using radar and lasers can already drive better than any person. Getting the public to give up their steering wheels will be difficult, but far from impossible. I'm driving to Texas next week, wish the car would just drive itself while I read.
More people living in? Ever notice the “cabin fever syndrome” is growing to epidemic scenarios of biblical proportions?. LOL
Malls of various natures capitalize on that epidemic.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18748 Jul 1, 2013
Texan wrote:
It’s a dirty job but someone must do it. Trinity’s pollution is pre Obama illuminating your biases once again. Hmm… imagine being down wind from West Texas.
West Texas, with its infamous safety record, has once again come to national attention. Announcing they will now be the Waste R-US of the Nation ! Hazardous waste of all varieties will be accepted.
Ron Baltzer is proud to have a robust complex with its one stop shop with everything in waste control specializing.
Perry is only scratching the back of his buddy Simmons, who has contributed $1.1 Million through the years to Perry’s political campaigns. Simmons, one of the ultra wealthy amongst us, owns the complex, that resides on a 90 acre site that is part of a 1,380 acre site operation for hazardous waste.
Presently they are receiving and or have received the PCB’s from the Hudson River of N.Y., Radioactive waste from the “Cold War” Plant up in Ohio, that was the producer for atomic weapons and as well the Radioactive stock pile from New Mexico. Receiving no less than two shipments per week from just that one facility After all N.M. wants to have 3,706 cubic Meters of that waste disposed of by June 30 2014. Just a few examples of the efficiency of this site that can be found about 350 miles west of Dallas.
Perry has left the Sovereign State Of Texas with a gift that could only be achieved through deregulations and cheap uneducated laborers. Now that’s the republican way… Job Opportunities !…Hmmmm
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18749 Jul 1, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just might try a small garden, but it's going to have to get a little cooler than this. Pure sine wave inverters do cost more but it's the only way to go. At least this stuff is modular, so you can just keep adding on.
Am running a 12 volt system right now but down the road I might rewire everything in series for a higher voltage. Less worry about meltdowns.

Hope you have better soil than where I’ am. To saline and full of underground varmints. Opted to go with a container garden. Building up a separate soil can be expensive but solves the problem as it introduces new problems, that as time goes on, are solvable. Experimenting helps to advance the technique of container gardening and its flourishing capabilities. Enjoyable.
Aye I’m running 12 volt and will for at least another year or two. Then I could advance to a 24 volt system. No loans and cash only is my motto for this project.
I’ll be adding a “0” gage main wire soon to field a junction box. That will allow all additional solar panels to feed into it, for dispersals through another “J” box at the main station to the various charge controllers. Gotta have that solid infrastructure. Safety and efficacy demands quality within the frameworks of this independent energy scenario.
Yup modular can be used for many items as some items require Pure Sine. Trial an error or consult a cheat book.. Modulators are good for outings as well… Picnics, camping, outdoor events etc. etc. off the car if nothing else. I have made 4 portable solar panels of 65 watt for extended outings like camping. Experimenting with Vertical wind mill. As side interest
It will have to take advantage of ground wind to suffice at least a 12 volt system. That’s on my back burner.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#18750 Jul 1, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s a dirty job but someone must do it. Trinity’s pollution is pre Obama illuminating your biases once again. Hmm… imagine being down wind from West Texas.
West Texas, with its infamous safety record, has once again come to national attention. Announcing they will now be the Waste R-US of the Nation ! Hazardous waste of all varieties will be accepted.
Ron Baltzer is proud to have a robust complex with its one stop shop with everything in waste control specializing.
Perry is only scratching the back of his buddy Simmons, who has contributed $1.1 Million through the years to Perry’s political campaigns. Simmons, one of the ultra wealthy amongst us, owns the complex, that resides on a 90 acre site that is part of a 1,380 acre site operation for hazardous waste.
Presently they are receiving and or have received the PCB’s from the Hudson River of N.Y., Radioactive waste from the “Cold War” Plant up in Ohio, that was the producer for atomic weapons and as well the Radioactive stock pile from New Mexico. Receiving no less than two shipments per week from just that one facility After all N.M. wants to have 3,706 cubic Meters of that waste disposed of by June 30 2014. Just a few examples of the efficiency of this site that can be found about 350 miles west of Dallas.
Perry has left the Sovereign State Of Texas with a gift that could only be achieved through deregulations and cheap uneducated laborers. Now that’s the republican way… Job Opportunities !…Hmmmm
Maybe Florida can get some next. Most people would prefer a desert area for that kind of waste clean up. Nevada has some waste disposal I think. Workers in Texas are not uneducated. The Texas Medical Center, largest in the world, is full to the brim with educated workers. NASA also employes educated workers. The Trinity River is not in bad shape, I've eaten the catfish there for years. How would you propose this waste be disposed of? Maybe Capt.Kirk could beam it up?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#18751 Jul 1, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have better soil than where I’ am. To saline and full of underground varmints. Opted to go with a container garden. Building up a separate soil can be expensive but solves the problem as it introduces new problems, that as time goes on, are solvable. Experimenting helps to advance the technique of container gardening and its flourishing capabilities. Enjoyable.
Aye I’m running 12 volt and will for at least another year or two. Then I could advance to a 24 volt system. No loans and cash only is my motto for this project.
I’ll be adding a “0” gage main wire soon to field a junction box. That will allow all additional solar panels to feed into it, for dispersals through another “J” box at the main station to the various charge controllers. Gotta have that solid infrastructure. Safety and efficacy demands quality within the frameworks of this independent energy scenario.
Yup modular can be used for many items as some items require Pure Sine. Trial an error or consult a cheat book.. Modulators are good for outings as well… Picnics, camping, outdoor events etc. etc. off the car if nothing else. I have made 4 portable solar panels of 65 watt for extended outings like camping. Experimenting with Vertical wind mill. As side interest
It will have to take advantage of ground wind to suffice at least a 12 volt system. That’s on my back burner.
You misspelled a word Bernard. Does this mean that the educational system in Florida is inadequate?
Pxyqr

Eagle Pass, TX

#18752 Jul 1, 2013
Perry
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#18753 Jul 1, 2013
Darn waco, Florida already has Barney; how much waste is on state expected to take? Barney and his blah blah BS more than enough waste for any state.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#18754 Jul 2, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, Ahole, I don't live in the "north" and second of all, if the rest of this "COUNTRY" had not moved into Texas, where would it be? Your state is "RECRUITING OUTSIDERS" to come there, oh yeah, remember the famous words "Remember the what?". Just where in the hell were all those guys from that died so you aren't speaking Spanish. So if what to "spit on the rest of the US" maybe your not as Texan as you claim.
You dumazz yankee, we don't have to ask you northerners to come here. You will come, no matter what. The beauty is, we don't cater to your leftist asses. You either fit in or, you get out. We don't care.

Are you seriously asking where are our guys from the Alamo? I guess they're as dead as your grandma. We all die, don't we? You dumazz.

Location hidden

#18755 Jul 2, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, here's some info for ya: As of the 2010 US Census, the racial distribution in Texas was as follows: 70.4% of the population of Texas was White American; 11.8%, African American; 3.8%, Asian American; 0.7%, American Indian; 0.1%, native Hawaiian or Pacific islander only; 10.5% of the population were of some other race only; and 2.7% were of two or more races. Hispanics (of any race) were 37.6% of the population of the state, while Non-Hispanic Whites composed 45.3%.
English Americans predominate in eastern, central, and northern Texas; German Americans, in central and western Texas. African Americans, who historically made up one-third of the state population, are concentrated in parts of eastern Texas as well as in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston metropolitan areas.
Texas includes a diverse set of European ancestries, due both to historical patterns of settlement as well as contemporary dynamics. Frontier Texas saw settlements of Germans, particularly in Fredericksburg and New Braunfels. Many Dutch, Germans from Switzerland and Austria, Poles, Russians, Swedes, Norwegians, Czechs, Slovaks, Italians, and French immigrated at least in part because of the European revolutions of 1848. This immigration continued until World War I and the 1920s. The influence of these diverse European immigrants survives in the town names, architectural styles, music, and cuisine in Texas. Lavaca County, for example, is over one-quarter Czech American, Seguin has a large Slovak American community, and Nederland has many Dutch Americans whose ancestors immigrated from the Netherlands. In the 1980 United States Census the largest ancestry group reported in Texas was English, forming 3,083,323 or 27% of the population.[4] Their ancestry primarily goes back to the original thirteen colonies and for this reason many of them today simply claim "American" ancestry, though they are of predominately English stock."
So, what's your point?

Location hidden

#18756 Jul 2, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus was a Jew. His mother was a Jew. Jews wept for Him while the Romans tortured Him. Had not Jesus been crucified, we could never have been forgiven our sins. Jesus said"Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do". Since Christ forgave, I reckon I should as well. You can do as you wish. Free choice....
Jesus said that the father of the Jews was Satan. He died by Jewish hands.

How does this make Jews the "Chosen" people? You are just stupid enough to believe the children of Satan.

You should research ther lost tribes of Israel and, discover who the chosen really are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Bad butt Johnny 18,446
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 796
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Gasman 631
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep 8 Gasman 673
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lone Star News, Events & Info