Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
17,001 - 17,020 of 21,425 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

By Mary Kate Cary, Thomas Jefferson Street blog

In February, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano testified before Congress, and according to news accounts at the time, she purposely did not use the word "terrorism" at all, especially regarding any attacks against the United States by militant Islamic extremists. At the time, the Associated Press reported that she was the first chief of Homeland Security to drop the word "terror" from remarks to Congress.

So it was a surprise yesterday when the Huffington Post published an unclassified report that Napolitano sent to local law enforcement officials around the United States, warning them that "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks." Other parts of the report mention veterans as potential recruits to terrorist cells as well. This is the thanks they get from a grateful nation? Apparently not.

Secretary Napolitano wouldn't use the word "terrorists" to describe extremists who carried out the 9/11 attacks, but she did use it to describe returning American soldiers who have kept us all safe from terrorism. Yesterday, the head of the American Legion wrote her a letter asking for an apology on behalf of all those serving our country. She went on the morning shows this morning and downplayed the whole thing as "Washington spin." On MSNBC this morning, she agreed to take only one question on the controversy and said everyone should "take a deep breath," a phrase which always makes me feel like the person saying it thinks the rest of us are a bunch of two-year-olds. Her response came across as condescending, and she seemed annoyed at the question.

If you read the whole report, you'll see that it's full of speculation and "potential" rather than actual threats. One thought struck me while I was reading it: Why was this unclassified in the first place? It was a mistake to put this report out to local law enforcement, where it was sure to get leaked to the press. But it was an even bigger mistake to write it at all. Our vets deserve better.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want reliable info on Big Sis and the Dept. Of Homeland Stupidity, you can Google it your own damn self and find lots of sources. Same with the "special" treatment of our troops who don't like Obama.
I bet you probably need someone to wipe your lazy a$$ for you, you stupid drone. You also don't like the truth about your masters so
why should I waste my time on a fool like you?.
If you had anything FACTUAL you would post it here instead of crying "look it up yourself" boy. You know you have NOTHING that's why you are reluctant to post anything to back you up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I got a friend who can enlighten you. Wait a few minutes,
Still waiting boy, did you fall asleep in front of fox news again
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had anything FACTUAL you would post it here instead of crying "look it up yourself" boy. You know you have NOTHING that's why you are reluctant to post anything to back you up.
Like I said retard, you can find lots of info if you go look for it instead of trying to engage everyone else in mindless busy work which
is all that you are capable of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said retard, you can find lots of info if you go look for it instead of trying to engage everyone else in mindless busy work which
is all that you are capable of.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting boy, did you fall asleep in front of fox news again
Do you think that you are so important that you rate immediate answers from anyone?. Don't you have a CPUSA meeting to go to?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that you are so important that you rate immediate answers from anyone?. Don't you have a CPUSA meeting to go to?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
how many is a few minutes on your planet, boy?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the time lapse is a little shorter here on Earth than it is from your planet of Uranus. After all, you already have spent a whole lifetime there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the time lapse is a little shorter here on Earth than it is from your planet of Uranus. After all, you already have spent a whole lifetime there.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/02/jane...
""There's been a lot of evolution over the past three years," she said. "The thing that's most noticeable to me is the growth of the lone wolf," the single attacker who lives in the United States or elsewhere who is not part of a larger global conspiracy or network, she said.

She named no examples, but it's a phenomenon that is increasingly the focus of international anti-terror operations.

A former U.S. Army psychiatrist is the sole suspect in deadly shootings at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009. In March, a Kosovo Albanian acting alone fatally shot two American airmen in Frankfurt, Germany. In April, a remote-control bomb exploded in a Marrakech cafe popular with tourists, killing 17 people, mostly foreigners an attack devised by a Moroccan who was inspired by al-Qaida and tried unsuccessfully for years to join the international terror network before returning to Morocco to devise an attack of his own."
If you care to look, there are other articles out there in which she does say "returning" troops COULd be a threat. The quote above was at a conference in Paris. Sorry I was late, doing dishes! Not asleep.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

justasayin wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2011/12/02/janet-napolitano-lo ne-wolf_n_1125876.html
""There's been a lot of evolution over the past three years," she said. "The thing that's most noticeable to me is the growth of the lone wolf," the single attacker who lives in the United States or elsewhere who is not part of a larger global conspiracy or network, she said.
She named no examples, but it's a phenomenon that is increasingly the focus of international anti-terror operations.
A former U.S. Army psychiatrist is the sole suspect in deadly shootings at Fort Hood, Texas, in 2009. In March, a Kosovo Albanian acting alone fatally shot two American airmen in Frankfurt, Germany. In April, a remote-control bomb exploded in a Marrakech cafe popular with tourists, killing 17 people, mostly foreigners an attack devised by a Moroccan who was inspired by al-Qaida and tried unsuccessfully for years to join the international terror network before returning to Morocco to devise an attack of his own."
If you care to look, there are other articles out there in which she does say "returning" troops COULd be a threat. The quote above was at a conference in Paris. Sorry I was late, doing dishes! Not asleep.
I doubt if the O-bot cares to go look for anything. He just wants us to waste our time digging up sources so he can try to discredit everything.
That's what O-bots do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt if the O-bot cares to go look for anything. He just wants us to waste our time digging up sources so he can try to discredit everything.
That's what O-bots do.
Hahahahahaha!!!

This coming from a dolt who refuses to provide any legitimate source to refute the facts I post on these boards. You still amuse me boy.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha!!!
This coming from a dolt who refuses to provide any legitimate source to refute the facts I post on these boards. You still amuse me boy.
In the past I have posted a lot of information, birdbrain. You obviously have the reading comprehension skills of someone still learning Hooked-On-Phonics. Besides, most of the so-called "facts" that you post are meant to distract and are as useless as you.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
That's further proof that white extermination is real.
Techniques used in other countries, will work here, as well.
We have to return to being the descendants of those who created America. There was no cowardice there.
God allowed AMerica to be created. No COwardice in Genocides, Lies, chemical warfare on the Original Americans? LOL White Rabbit, Damn Invasion or whatever your "new" identity is. Get permanently banned under your other moniker? Still with your KKK white Imperialistic flag I see. Funny how you can justify the killings done by yours yet whine like a bunny when you think your card is next. Hell reaping as one has sown isn't it? And hell reaping consequences of ancestors?
If you were truly "Superior" you would own the sins of your fathers. Instead you choose to justify these under some higher purpose theology. NOw THAT iS CoWardiCE!! Are you pretending to be a man now? Just clue me in, I like to keep up.
Waco 1909

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what O-bots do.
Yeah, he meets the definition of"dumassicus bigmouthicus"a breed of dolt you can find under every rock.
Ron Paul Republican 2016

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Like it on their facebook page if you want the Buy American Bill to pass again and sign it into law!: https://www.facebook.com/DraftBillWhiteForTex...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the past I have posted a lot of information, birdbrain. You obviously have the reading comprehension skills of someone still learning Hooked-On-Phonics. Besides, most of the so-called "facts" that you post are meant to distract and are as useless as you.
Not one time have you ever refute the facts I post. Prove me wrong boy, link a post where you claim you dispelled any.

ball is in your court boy, run away or cry "look it up yourself"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, he meets the definition of"dumassicus bigmouthicus"a breed of dolt you can find under every rock.
This coming from the brain of imbecilsis gigantopithecus
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Hell little girl, where does it say anyone has to prove anything to you? You must be on the rag again, and pissed at us boys because we don't have to deal with that. Nijoni see what you've been missing, still plenty of racists, and morons to be dealt with. YEE-HAW!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••