Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
16,321 - 16,340 of 22,308 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
Texan

Alice, TX

#17844 May 21, 2013
4 more years
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17845 May 21, 2013
Texan is not from Alice, Tx. 4 more years? HELL NO!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#17848 May 22, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already stipulated the limits of your abilities to comprehend what you are reading.
A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false. Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Reagan and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Everything you said is worthless BS, unless the target understands it.

Which is worse - failing to understand complex, over-stated BS or, simplified, to-the-point thought which requires no study?

Intelligence does not always beat common sense. Actually, common sense is far more valuable, as life skills, than meaningless crap you read in books that authors wrote just to get a paycheck.

Think about that, brainiac.

Location hidden

#17849 May 22, 2013
Texan wrote:
You people may not know it but I haven't been on line for a couple of days, and when I come back Barney is still blowing the same drival as when I left two days ago, blah blah blah blah nothing new, same tired attempt to baffel us with his bullshit blah blah blah blah.
So, did you make it up north, you dasng yankee? Oh, weren't you already there? Dam, that Bernard guy has confused the whole subject.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#17850 May 22, 2013
Truth is might wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you said is worthless BS, unless the target understands it.
Which is worse - failing to understand complex, over-stated BS or, simplified, to-the-point thought which requires no study?
Intelligence does not always beat common sense. Actually, common sense is far more valuable, as life skills, than meaningless crap you read in books that authors wrote just to get a paycheck.
Think about that, brainiac.
Truth is you can’t handle the truth !
Proof of republicans catastrophic false leadership is in the pudding.
Pentagon now asking $450 Million! To maintain Guantanamo Bay. May 14th Pentagon request $79 Million for detention,$20.5 Million for military Commission; Nearly double from a year ago of $12.6 Million, Additionally requesting $40 Million for fiber optic cables,$99 Million for operations and Maintenance and $200 Million for upgrades for their “temporary facilities”.? Estimating construction time will take another 10 years. All this for 166 prisoners that after over a decade of not even charging the suspects.
Guantanamo has become a black eye for our nation. Military administrators are overboard with their expenses and inefficiencies to process their prisoners to justice.
International Allies view this in disfavorable illuminating light of our “Human Rights Violations” Hypocrisy. Terrorist use this failure for our “Truth and Justice self proclaimed ideology to recruit additional terrorist. Consider those prisoners as being educated by Guantanamo archaic “Dungeons and Dragons” strategies. Those released will serve the terrorist once again with far more vigor.
$ 450 Million would serve this Nation more productively by increasing securities in our embassies that are in harms way. Something republicans have continuously denied to fund. Just as they deny the closing of Guantanamo Bay. Presently they have additional suspects that the military wants to incarcerate to Guantanamo Bay from the Libya and Benghazi affaires.
Military Justice has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt their inefficiency in such matters. No more funds to Guantanamo Bay detention center and allow this black eye to heal itself. Pentagon can draw on the sequested budget they have been assigned to or let the “Concentration Camp” fade away.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17853 May 22, 2013
Barney Barney Barney, you're just too long winded and full of s--t. And Truth you've got to be one of the two or three biggest morons on the planet.
App State Fan

Charlotte, NC

#17854 May 22, 2013
Bernard, the ignorant giggling egomaniac, your manure only smells good to you,slimy punk.
jim

Hondo, TX

#17855 May 22, 2013
test
lol

San Antonio, TX

#17856 May 22, 2013
oijvtr wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist Pride, KKK pride, Nazi pride
Get over it. PRIDE IS ONLY USE FOR SOLDIERS THAT FIGHT FOR YOU AND ME.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17857 May 22, 2013
ALL SOLDIERS, whether they fight or not. U.S.Military thank you all.
Just So You Know

Grand Prairie, TX

#17858 May 22, 2013
As long as Rick Perry is in the governor's mansion, the Texas education system will continue to decline. The voucher system is ruining public schools.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17859 May 22, 2013
He wants to make sure all the children of Texas know less than he does.
App State Fan

Landrum, SC

#17861 May 22, 2013
The racist Obama will not stop until people wise up.His views are those of his father.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#17862 May 22, 2013
Does this really suprise you? Unless he is impeached we still have three more years of him.
moreBSplease

Azle, TX

#17863 May 22, 2013
Texan, did you break out of your padded cell in Pelican Bay again? I guess we will have to up your dose again.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#17864 May 22, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Pentagon now asking $450 Million! To maintain Guantanamo Bay. May 14th Pentagon request $79 Million for detention,$20.5 Million for military Commission; Nearly double from a year ago of $12.6 Million, Additionally requesting $40 Million for fiber optic cables,$99 Million for operations and Maintenance and $200 Million for upgrades for their “temporary facilities”.? Estimating construction time will take another 10 years. All this for 166 prisoners that after over a decade of not even charging the suspects.
Guantanamo has become a black eye for our nation. Military administrators are overboard with their expenses and inefficiencies to process their prisoners to justice.
International Allies view this in disfavorable illuminating light of our “Human Rights Violations” Hypocrisy. Terrorist use this failure for our “Truth and Justice self proclaimed ideology to recruit additional terrorist. Consider those prisoners as being educated by Guantanamo archaic “Dungeons and Dragons” strategies. Those released will serve the terrorist once again with far more vigor.
$ 450 Million would serve this Nation more productively by increasing securities in our embassies that are in harms way. Something republicans have continuously denied to fund. Just as they deny the closing of Guantanamo Bay. Presently they have additional suspects that the military wants to incarcerate to Guantanamo Bay from the Libya and Benghazi affaires.
Military Justice has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt their inefficiency in such matters. No more funds to Guantanamo Bay detention center and allow this black eye to heal itself. Pentagon can draw on the sequested budget they have been assigned to or let the “Concentration Camp” fade away.
Why don't you get your head out of Obamas rectal area and go read some news. It will be much more informative than the regurgitated crap that
you post on a daily basis.

When Obummer is finally impeached for his Chicago style politics, you will be out of a job windbag. May I suggest buying lots of bags to hold
all of the manure that you spread around. You should be able to make
a killing in the fertilizer market.
App State Fan

Landrum, SC

#17865 May 22, 2013
Texan wrote:
Does this really suprise you? Unless he is impeached we still have three more years of him.
IRS director Lerner takes the fifth. Obama creeps closer to the edge....
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#17866 May 22, 2013
Just So You Know wrote:
As long as Rick Perry is in the governor's mansion, the Texas education system will continue to decline. The voucher system is ruining public schools.
The NEA and political correctness has already turned public schools into indoctrination center hellholes. We might just as well shut down all the
schools and send the kids to learn how to sign up for welfare and food
stamps.

Location hidden

#17867 May 23, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada-yada. Considering it's a democrat in office now, your republican bashing is pointless.

I bet you don't know how to summarize your opinions. Northerners are that way. A whole lot of hot air to keep their end of the conversation.

I know this because I know people from the north. I can get them to talk slower but, can't seem to get them to wrap it up.

What's your point?

Location hidden

#17868 May 23, 2013
Texan wrote:
Barney Barney Barney, you're just too long winded and full of s--t. And Truth you've got to be one of the two or three biggest morons on the planet.
I agree with you, about the long-winded-without a-point Bernard.

But, what makes you think I'm as moron? The fact that I'm proud to be a Texan and won't let any imposters claim our fame?

The fact that I'm aware of the imminent perils to my race?

The fact that I know racial purity is important, according to my religion?

Or, because you think I shouldn't be so outspoken about my beliefs?

I rather think you a moron, for flunking class while I'm telling you the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lone Star Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 50 min fubar 17,890
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 3 hr That Fart Guy 770
Jerry Richardson 14 hr CounselorJoe 2
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Fri Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Fri That Fart Guy 722
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
•••
•••
•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lone Star News, Events & Info