Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
13,981 - 14,000 of 21,559 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15221
Nov 13, 2012
 
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I know a woman who died because she had a need for a heart operation..a valve...who worked two jobs...to support her kids...a very sweet person, who always gave, never took.Your argument is not without some merit...I'm not blind...but I have seen the worst, and i've seen the best...so are you rich? That woman..neither job provided any insurance...Maybe, if I were wealthy, I'd feel threatened as well.How did I wind up under a bridge at 44, after working full time from the age of fourteen? An unusual story, that.So I saw them all, the cheaters and the parasites and the ones who really needed help...and the ones who needed help..but didn't qualify. The working poor.They are legion,
I am far from rich. We are probably right in the middle of middle class for now, but I have known people who have lost their homes and know many people who go without basic health care, including children. I know people who abuse the system. I just dont think socialism is the answer.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15222
Nov 13, 2012
 
Glad you said that you've known people who have lost their homes, and have no health care, and not that you have friends in those situations. Because with a friend like you they damn sure don't need any enemies. I also hope you never get in that position yourself, but if you do; you might just rethink your position. No one who is willing to work should have to live under a bridge, be unable to take their child to a doctor, or die due to a lack of insurance. If I must pay a little more, so be it. But then I am not a wealthy hog who just can't get enough.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15223
Nov 13, 2012
 
Texan wrote:
Glad you said that you've known people who have lost their homes, and have no health care, and not that you have friends in those situations. Because with a friend like you they damn sure don't need any enemies. I also hope you never get in that position yourself, but if you do; you might just rethink your position. No one who is willing to work should have to live under a bridge, be unable to take their child to a doctor, or die due to a lack of insurance. If I must pay a little more, so be it. But then I am not a wealthy hog who just can't get enough.
They aren't just people I know. They are my family and neighbors and friends. I have helped where I could and paid utilities or doctor visits. I cant support everyone around me. I have no idea where your anger comes from, but it kinda seems out of context and misdirected. I agree the working poor are legion, and none of us can guarantee we will never be one of them.
WACO 1909

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15224
Nov 13, 2012
 
Me I Know Notheeng wrote:
<quoted text>
I am far from rich. We are probably right in the middle of middle class for now, but I have known people who have lost their homes and know many people who go without basic health care, including children. I know people who abuse the system. I just dont think socialism is the answer.
Neither do I . John Adams said....the thing that he feared most for the republic...was two large political partys each working against the aims of the other.I see why he was worried.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15225
Nov 13, 2012
 
Not anger, or my hope would have been that you did experiance those things, not that you wouldn't. And for those truly in need, we should do what ever it takes. I don't call that socialism. You see I think that but for the grace of God there go I. I despise greed, and if I have 350 million dollars I don't need more. I need to share with those who help me make that money. Without them I make nothing. We the people on the floor doing the work, we make the product, we ship it out the door, not the millionaire sitting in the office, or out on the golf course. The fact that you help when you can is comendable. Perhaps I have misjudged you.

“Ok, maybe I know a little bit.”

Since: Sep 12

But I don't know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15226
Nov 13, 2012
 
Texan wrote:
Not anger, or my hope would have been that you did experiance those things, not that you wouldn't. And for those truly in need, we should do what ever it takes. I don't call that socialism. You see I think that but for the grace of God there go I. I despise greed, and if I have 350 million dollars I don't need more. I need to share with those who help me make that money. Without them I make nothing. We the people on the floor doing the work, we make the product, we ship it out the door, not the millionaire sitting in the office, or out on the golf course. The fact that you help when you can is comendable. Perhaps I have misjudged you.
Anyone who does work or will work should be helped. My problem is supporting those who won't work, keep reproducing, and suck up millions on welfare and Medicaid. Funny how much criticism Romney and the birthers took but no one dares to say anything about illegal immigrants with six or seven kids. Talk about birthers. I truly saw a lady in my doctor's office one time who had so many kids with her she had to carry all her Medicaid papers in a 3 ring binder.
WACO 1909

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15227
Nov 13, 2012
 
Working people are not getting respect or any breaks at all.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15228
Nov 13, 2012
 
OregonSUX wrote:

This is America and as Americans it's time that we start standing up for our fellow countrymen and begin to teach BIG BUSINESS that they are nothing without us.
Yep... these pizza workers you're talking about standing up for... you would probably not even acknowledge if you passed them in the street.

So much love for these pizza workers you've got... but no love for the man who employs them.

Papa John, despite what Obama thinks, spent DECADES building his business... paying all the taxes he is required to pay... hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes he has paid... he has contributed to society and probably fed your family many times.

If it were not for people like Papa John, the unemployment figures would be a whole hell of a lot worse.

If you want to stand up for Americans... try standing up for people like Papa John.
WACO 1954

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15229
Nov 13, 2012
 
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep... these pizza workers you're talking about standing up for... you would probably not even acknowledge if you passed them in the street.
So much love for these pizza workers you've got... but no love for the man who employs them.
Papa John, despite what Obama thinks, spent DECADES building his business... paying all the taxes he is required to pay... hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes he has paid... he has contributed to society and probably fed your family many times.
If it were not for people like Papa John, the unemployment figures would be a whole hell of a lot worse.
If you want to stand up for Americans... try standing up for people like Papa John.
How backwards.Maybe Papa John should make all of his pizzas himself...since he's so great and all.A fifty something year old lady who worked as a school crossing guard years ago in Houston...threw two kids out of the path of a drunk driver going ninety miles an hour....this left her no chance..to get out of the way...herself..I'll stand up for people like that.You can stand up for"heroes"like Papa John.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15230
Nov 13, 2012
 
WACO 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> How backwards.Maybe Papa John should make all of his pizzas himself...since he's so great and all.A fifty something year old lady who worked as a school crossing guard years ago in Houston...threw two kids out of the path of a drunk driver going ninety miles an hour....this left her no chance..to get out of the way...herself..I'll stand up for people like that.You can stand up for"heroes"like Papa John.
You're talking apples and oranges... obviously you're craw-fishing out of this debate.

The only Americans you will stand up for are those who expect handouts... like free medical care on someone else's tab.

You would not even think of standing up for someone who has built a business from the ground up, employs 10's of thousands of people and pays millions in taxes every year... no... no need to stand up for the people who keep America moving.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15231
Nov 13, 2012
 
No he isn't, and the people who get paid by the hour are the ones who keep America moving. Let PaPa John, Donald Trump, and the rest do the labor and see how long everything last. We stand up for working people. How could anyone ever think you were intelligent? Republican puppet. Why don't you just go kiss Mitt Romneys a$$? Nobody is going to crawfish on you, all you know how to do is whistle the Republican tune.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15232
Nov 13, 2012
 
Oh yeah just bring it.
WACO 1954

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15233
Nov 13, 2012
 
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking apples and oranges... obviously you're craw-fishing out of this debate.
The only Americans you will stand up for are those who expect handouts... like free medical care on someone else's tab.
You would not even think of standing up for someone who has built a business from the ground up, employs 10's of thousands of people and pays millions in taxes every year... no... no need to stand up for the people who keep America moving.
Try as I might I just don't see why a multiple millionaire needs you to stand up for him.Do you think his workers are expecting free handouts? Are you against the working class? I'm not talking about freeloaders man.
WACO 1954

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15234
Nov 13, 2012
 
By the way Heavy Fed...I'm no big fan of the power unions or their actions during and after Sandy.I try to look at both sides.Maybe I'm just not getting your points.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15235
Nov 13, 2012
 
Texan wrote:
No he isn't, and the people who get paid by the hour are the ones who keep America moving. Let PaPa John, Donald Trump, and the rest do the labor and see how long everything last. We stand up for working people. How could anyone ever think you were intelligent? Republican puppet. Why don't you just go kiss Mitt Romneys a$$? Nobody is going to crawfish on you, all you know how to do is whistle the Republican tune.

LOL

Ok moron.

I am not a Republican... I am a Ron Paul Democratic Republican American, get it right.

Without those people at top... who would pay those people at the bottom, you and your mouth?????

Typical Obama supporter, you want everything for free... then talk nasty about the people who pay for it.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15236
Nov 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

WACO 1954 wrote:
<quoted text> Try as I might I just don't see why a multiple millionaire needs you to stand up for him.Do you think his workers are expecting free handouts? Are you against the working class? I'm not talking about freeloaders man.
Without those "multimillionaires" as you call them... the people who get up off their butts and make something out of themselves... where would the rest of us be????

We would be without the benefit of the billions and billions and billions of dollars in taxes people like Papa pay, we would be without the jobs they provide, we would be without the knowledge or the expertise it takes to organize people to create businesses like his.

But... you in all of your wisdom... want to take capital away from people like him, capital that he would use to fund more businesses, hire more people and eventually pay more taxes.

Don't you see even just a little bit of the folly from over taxing people like Papa John?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15237
Nov 13, 2012
 
Texan wrote:
Why don't you just go kiss Mitt Romneys a$$?
I am not a Mitt Romney supporter... never have been, but Like I said, Mitt Romney did not order the murder of American citizens without a trial or even a judge.

The first BROWN President... is the first President to assassinate BROWN people publicly... and then get re-elected by BROWN people!!!

Whose side are you on?

The Ku Klux Klan's?

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15238
Nov 13, 2012
 
Who's side?
WACO 1954

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15239
Nov 13, 2012
 
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Without those "multimillionaires" as you call them... the people who get up off their butts and make something out of themselves... where would the rest of us be????
We would be without the benefit of the billions and billions and billions of dollars in taxes people like Papa pay, we would be without the jobs they provide, we would be without the knowledge or the expertise it takes to organize people to create businesses like his.
But... you in all of your wisdom... want to take capital away from people like him, capital that he would use to fund more businesses, hire more people and eventually pay more taxes.
Don't you see even just a little bit of the folly from over taxing people like Papa John?
Of course! But, as we can see, the wily Papa John has outfoxed the attempt to raise his taxes.unless Taxmegeddon kicks in.Then we all get it.However it seems to me we've been playing the"tax the rich less game"since Reagan, and they mostly just put it in overseas banks.Which is their undisputed right.But still.
WACO 1954

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15240
Nov 13, 2012
 
Heavy Fed I'm no Red Dawn.I just see the rich getting richer as they outsource.Perfectly legal.Socialism for the rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Lone Star Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lone Star Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lone Star People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lone Star News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lone Star
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••